Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 160

Re-Visitor, more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Essentially, they're saying that after spending millions of dollars, viewing several hundred thousands of emails, texts, and other types of communications they can't find a single piece that disproves what Christie said from day one-that he had nothing to do with it. The wording by the partisan 'commission' is just to cover their asses from ridicule over the failed witch hunt.

You are correct. They can?t directly state that he ordered the bridge closing.

I?m not sure what money has to do with any of it. If there are witnesses that won?t talk, which includes Christie, then what evidence is there really?

As an aside, you can?t use the term witch hunt. This implies that there was no abuse of power. For the sake of argument, let?s assume that Christie is completely innocent. That doesn?t change the fact that people in the governor?s office abused their power.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The Star Ledger can't even bring themselves to report the exoneration without a 'when did you stop beating your wife' type headline, lol.

Neither can Pebbles. SMH

I?m not sure what you are trying to imply here.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 14:24
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The Star Ledger can't even bring themselves to report the exoneration without a 'when did you stop beating your wife' type headline, lol.

Neither can Pebbles. SMH

Posted on: 2014/12/5 14:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Essentially, they're saying that after spending millions of dollars, viewing several hundred thousands of emails, texts, and other types of communications they can't find a single piece that disproves what Christie said from day one-that he had nothing to do with it. The wording by the partisan 'commission' is just to cover their asses from ridicule over the failed witch hunt.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 13:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
It is never a waste of taxpayer money to investigate abuse of power. Let's remember that several people no longer have the public jobs they had due to this and that is a good thing.

As an aside, this is an exoneration:
"At present, there is no conclusive evidence as to whether Governor Chris Christie was or was not aware of the lane closures either in advance of their implementation or contemporaneously as they were occurring," the report states. "Nor is there conclusive evidence as to whether Governor Christie did or did not have involvement in implementing or directing the lane closures."

Essentially, they're saying that there is a lot of smoke but they can't locate the fire.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 13:39
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/12/5 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Anyone see the news today-Christie 100% exonerated.

Please call or write Whizzy and Whiney to complain about the millions of dollars wasted in their political witch hunt.

Christie bridge scandal report cannot determine if governor was involved

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... ersey.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Quote:
JJ comment:
Too funny the Dems release it during a time when the press is concentrating on the Brown and Garner protests.

What a joke I guess they are too embarrassed to have it get national press. It will show what a waste of taxpayer money it was. Also how it came to the same conclusion as Christies internal investigation that they railed on.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 13:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone see the news today-Christie 100% exonerated.

Please call or write Whizzy and Whiney to complain about the millions of dollars wasted in their political witch hunt.

Posted on: 2014/12/5 13:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Some people think Rachel Maddow is fair and balanced too! And the incessant 'it's 8AM, NJ.com has yet another Christie bashing headline' meme has dragged down the Star Ledger so much they radically shrank and 'recontented' the print version last week into a laughable birdcage liner.

I don?t think there is anyone that says Rachel Maddow is fair and balanced. There are people entertained by her and agree with her politics, but nobody says she is fair and balanced. An example would be how she?s gone after the Secret Service lately and how I?m certain (in full strawman vein) that she?d somehow have gone after Bush with it, were he president, instead of stopping at the director.

Headline writers are not the journalists. Not for nothing, but complaining about headlines pointing out the lousy performance of the governor does not imply bias. Christie is a national player on the political scene. With the Star Ledger staff level so low, they are going to cover the stories in which people are interested, hence the governor.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Because people stopped buying it because it was too partisan. (And yes, I know they endorsed Christie).

If you believe that people stopped buying the paper because it ?is? partisan, then you and are friends are about as smart as a box of rocks. The paper is not partisan. It is just not a good value. The articles are poor. There isn?t a lot of local coverage (understaffing does this). The stories that people need to read, stories on local mayors and the decisions they make, don?t get offered.

Years ago, I was talking with an editor and they spoke about the problem with competing with the internet. Essentially, what they knew was that they needed to get more local. What they got was less staff and an ownership desire to cover the bigger events to compete.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Have they followed up with any of the Menendez investigations? Where are their 'investigative' reporters on the Booker watershed commission? They throw out a story every couple of months-a true scandal with a sitting Senator, but he gets handled with kid gloves. Make that two sitting Senators that are ethically challenged.

Haven?t Booker and Menendez been on a self-given vacation for the last 6 months? What story would you like on them? The Menendez nonsense was looked into and the information came out that it was from foreign nationals (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07 ... cuban-plot_n_5566864.html). With Booker, well, I guess we?ll see what happens.

As an aside with Booker, the choices were Booker or James for mayor in Newark. Are you going to honestly state the Booker wasn?t a better candidate and better human being by about 10 times?

Posted on: 2014/10/7 15:59
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
the answers are no, no and HELL no!

Posted on: 2014/10/2 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Some people think Rachel Maddow is fair and balanced too! And the incessant 'it's 8AM, NJ.com has yet another Christie bashing headline' meme has dragged down the Star Ledger so much they radically shrank and 'recontented' the print version last week into a laughable birdcage liner.

Because people stopped buying it because it was too partisan. (And yes, I know they endorsed Christie).

Have they followed up with any of the Menendez investigations? Where are their 'investigative' reporters on the Booker watershed commission? They throw out a story every couple of months-a true scandal with a sitting Senator, but he gets handled with kid gloves. Make that two sitting Senators that are ethically challenged.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
That's not what I am saying at all (and I only speak for me). Anyone guilty of this stuff should be put away. What I am saying is, throughout every single step of the process of investigating Christie, there has been around the clock non-stop coverage. Every insignificant "development" gets front page news, and not just locally.

With IRS-gate, a situation where there is, indeed, smoke, and lots of it, it's rarely if every front page news. If you don't go to drudgereport once in a while, you'd hardly even know it was a thing. Now, take this example and extrapolate it out to broad media coverage of every other scandal plaguing the white house, and you can't sit there with a straight face and tell me you don't see an overwhelming bias on how a democrat administration is covered over a Republican one. If you do, you're really just discrediting yourself.

Yawn? Yet another pathetic ?the media is liberal and bias? bs argument.

If you go to Drudge at all, you are a loser. That?s not an opinion, it is a fact.

You want some facts on ?the media?? Dick Cheney fed a story to the NY Times (you know, the supposedly liberal paper) under an ?anonymous source in the administration? stating that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Dick Cheney, somehow, ended up on Meet the Press and he was asked about the NY Times article. His response was basically, ?It is in the NY Times, it must be true.?

But yeah, you?re right? Christie was front and center of?what? NJ.com? Star Ledger? Please. The IRS ?scandal? has been talked about on and on and on for years now and there is barely anything.

I say hang all the corrupt. You are visiting Drudge and getting your news there. I honestly believe that says more about you than you realize?

Posted on: 2014/9/19 20:26
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
That's not what I am saying at all (and I only speak for me). Anyone guilty of this stuff should be put away. What I am saying is, throughout every single step of the process of investigating Christie, there has been around the clock non-stop coverage. Every insignificant "development" gets front page news, and not just locally.

With IRS-gate, a situation where there is, indeed, smoke, and lots of it, it's rarely if every front page news. If you don't go to drudgereport once in a while, you'd hardly even know it was a thing. Now, take this example and extrapolate it out to broad media coverage of every other scandal plaguing the white house, and you can't sit there with a straight face and tell me you don't see an overwhelming bias on how a democrat administration is covered over a Republican one. If you do, you're really just discrediting yourself.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
The investigative committee still aren't convinced with christie's innocence / ignorance regarding bridgegate !

http://www.wnyc.org/story/facing-accu ... utm_campaign=morelikethis

I don't believe christie, but there should be a statute of limitations on how long this goes on for.

Everyone knows that the "investigative committee" is extremely partisan. Further, millions of taxpayer money has been spent because of them. Do you really think they'll ever admit they've gone too far?

The federal prosecutors are doing a REAL investigation, and they are nonpartisan. And guess what, they haven't been able to find anything.

If, in the end, they don't nab Christie but have been able to flush out several high ranking corrupt officials (as has been done due to the investigation and not remotely at all due to Christie having a moral compass) are you going to claim that the investigation should have never happened? What makes it a waste of money? Is it just that you don't like that it's gone on longer or that it was even investigated at all?

I'm sorry, but when there is corruption and abuse of power in this magnitude, you investigate. I have zero problems investigating the IRS claims. If people are fired as a result of corruption, I consider it a win for all.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
The investigative committee still aren't convinced with christie's innocence / ignorance regarding bridgegate !

I don't believe christie, but there should be a statute of limitations on how long this goes on for.

Everyone knows that the "investigative committee" is extremely partisan. Further, millions of taxpayer money has been spent because of them. Do you really think they'll ever admit they've gone too far?

The federal prosecutors are doing a REAL investigation, and they are nonpartisan. And guess what, they haven't been able to find anything.

If, in the end, they don't nab Christie but have been able to flush out several high ranking corrupt officials (as has been done due to the investigation and not remotely at all due to Christie having a moral compass) are you going to claim that the investigation should have never happened? What makes it a waste of money? Is it just that you don't like that it's gone on longer or that it was even investigated at all?

I'm sorry, but when there is corruption and abuse of power in this magnitude, you investigate. I have zero problems investigating the IRS claims. If people are fired as a result of corruption, I consider it a win for all.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 17:45
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/19 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The big Obama/Hilary Clinton connection to Bridgegate is this-
those who claim that even if Christie is innocent, he's still incompetent because it happened under his nose by his staff have a problem.

If you follow that to the IRS and Benghazi scandals then Obama and Clinton must suffer the same critique.

Because you can try, but you can't have it both ways.

Except, of course, the IRS and Benghazi scandals (4 died in Libya, none at the GW Bridge) were true scandals that affected our country. Bridgegate caused a couple of traffic jams.

This is a flawed analogy, at best. Christie's DIRECT REPORTS were orchestrating bridgegate. IRS field officers do not directly report to the President of the United States. There might be a manager or two in-between them.

And Benghazi is not a scandal. Fox news reporting on it 24/7 will not make it so.

Lois Lerner was an IRS field officer, lol?

Posted on: 2014/9/19 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/19 14:57
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
those who claim that even if Christie is innocent, he's still incompetent because it happened under his nose by his staff have a problem.

If you follow that to the IRS and Benghazi scandals then Obama and Clinton must suffer the same critique.

Except, of course, the IRS and Benghazi scandals (4 died in Libya, none at the GW Bridge) were true scandals that affected our country. Bridgegate caused a couple of traffic jams.

This is a flawed analogy, at best. Christie's DIRECT REPORTS were orchestrating bridgegate. IRS field officers do not directly report to the President of the United States. There might be a manager or two in-between them.

And Benghazi is not a scandal. Fox news reporting on it 24/7 will not make it so.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/19 14:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

I don't know why it is necessary to bring up Obama's issues with the IRS. If you'd like to hammer on about that, it can be another topic. Outside of that, the best I can see is that it is brought up to excuse Christie, which is rather pathetic.

He raised it for the rather obvious point that liberals absolutely skewered Christie when there was no direct evidence linking him to this, yet have given the IRS scandal an absolute free pass when there is far more direct evidence of misconduct, such as illegally deleting emails and destroying hard drives.

In other words, hypocrisy at its finest, a huge double standard because many people view the two parties as "teams" and will ignore anything that makes their "team" look bad.

I wouldn't excuse Christie for this because as you said, it's inexcusable how this happened right under his nose. But we should not have spent tens of millions of federal and state taxpayer money for a political witch hunt.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
What ever happened to Bridgegate Kelly and her boytoy?

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Whats great about this is that not one shred of any kind of evidence was found linking Christie to this non-story.

Yet, the same knuckleheads on here calling for Christie's resignation because "they just know it HAS to be true" won't even acknowledge when their guys are under the microscope in the face of mounting evidence (IRS-gate especially).

It's laughable. In instances like the IRS scandal, you have trashed hard drives, lost emails, etc etc and yet the libs on here defend it to the death.

Laughable!

Irony...?

I think many on here are pointing out the two dichotomies of Christie. Either he's the hands on, no nonsense, fully involved governor, such as his image portrays or he portrays an image that is a complete lie.

Then you have the aspect of how he operates as governor, ie the bullying of individuals during community meetings that result in YouTube hits. If he truly knew absolutely nothing about shutting down the bridge, then why was he surprised when his staff acts in a spiteful petty way (ie exactly how he acts during community meetings).

So which is it? Is he aloof and not really in charge and his image is a complete fabrication? Or was he involved and was able to keep it off his desk?

I don't know why it is necessary to bring up Obama's issues with the IRS. If you'd like to hammer on about that, it can be another topic. Outside of that, the best I can see is that it is brought up to excuse Christie, which is rather pathetic.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 13:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Whats great about this is that not one shred of any kind of evidence was found linking Christie to this non-story.

Yet, the same knuckleheads on here calling for Christie's resignation because "they just know it HAS to be true" won't even acknowledge when their guys are under the microscope in the face of mounting evidence (IRS-gate especially).

It's laughable. In instances like the IRS scandal, you have trashed hard drives, lost emails, etc etc and yet the libs on here defend it to the death.

Laughable!

Irony...?

I think many on here are pointing out the two dichotomies of Christie. Either he's the hands on, no nonsense, fully involved governor, such as his image portrays or he portrays an image that is a complete lie.

Then you have the aspect of how he operates as governor, ie the bullying of individuals during community meetings that result in YouTube hits. If he truly knew absolutely nothing about shutting down the bridge, then why was he surprised when his staff acts in a spiteful petty way (ie exactly how he acts during community meetings).

So which is it? Is he aloof and not really in charge and his image is a complete fabrication? Or was he involved and was able to keep it off his desk?

Posted on: 2014/9/19 13:37
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Laughable!

Posted on: 2014/9/19 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Uh-oh, after all this time there's still nothing linking Christie to this. I thought some liberal trash publication claimed that Christie was going to be indicted any day now? Are apologies in order, for wasting so much taxpayer money?

After 9 Months, Federal Probe of GWB Closure Finds No Link to Christie, Federal Sources Say

The U.S. Justice Department investigation into Gov. Chris Christie?s role in the George Washington Bridge lane closure scandal has thus far uncovered no evidence indicating that he either knew in advance or directed the closure of traffic lanes on the span, federal officials tell NBC 4 New York.

The September 2013 closures -- where several entrance lanes to the George Washington Bridge in Fort Lee were shut down, causing a traffic nightmare for commuters -- has been the subject of several federal and state investigations.

Federal officials caution that the investigation that began nine months ago is ongoing and that no final determination has been made, but say that authorities haven't uncovered anything that indicates that Christie knew in advance or ordered the closure of traffic lanes.

When the final report is issued, Christie may still face complications from the scandal, said Lee Miringoff, Director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion.

?That?s good news for him,? Miringoff said. ?The bad news remains that politically as chief executive it looks like he was not in control of his administration at the time when this occurred. So that remains the downside for him. That doesn?t go away but this panel provides greater credibility barring any further revelations coming out.?

Assemblyman John Wisniewski said the state legislative committee's investigation into the bridge lane closures is continuing.

"This is not a Chris Christie investigation," he said in a statement. "It's an investigation as to why this happened and who authorized it. As a consequence, this does not change our position."

It's not clear when federal authorities will conclude their investigation or if criminal charges will be handed down to Christie's aides. There are still other angles to the investigation, including how Port Authority funds were used. It is unclear where that part of the investigation might be going.

Christie, whose office initially declined to comment, said of NBC 4 New York's report in a radio interview with New Jersey 101.5's Eric Scott Thursday evening, "I don't want to overreact to it because I'm not surprised by it, and I'm hoping that, you know, we can start to focus on things that are important to all the people in the state of New Jersey."

Representatives for the Justice Department, the FBI and New Jersey U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman?s office all declined comment.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigati ... osures-gwb-275661911.html

Posted on: 2014/9/19 13:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Christie aides' legal costs in Bridgegate sock taxpayers, motorists with $8.5M tab

August 16, 2014 9:08 PM
By The Associated Press

TRENTON -- The law firm defending Gov. Chris Christie's administration in the George Washington Bridge scandal has billed $6.5 million for its work, new public records show.

Along with other government legal costs related to the shutdown of bridge access lanes by Christie's top aides, total expenditures now top $8.5 million -- to be paid by taxpayers and by those who pay tolls on bridges and tunnels operated by the Port Authority.

Invoices and summaries released Friday by the state attorney general's office for 11 law firms included $3.26 million in new bills from the Gibson Dunn law firm for March and April. The firm previously submitted bills for $3.3 million for January and February.

Gibson Dunn conducted an internal investigation for the administration, absolving the Republican governor of wrongdoing, and has also worked on responses to subpoenas from federal and legislative investigations.

The scandal costs are growing at a time when polls show skepticism about Christie's version of what happened as well as public fatigue from the legislative probe launched in January.

A Rutgers-Eagleton poll found that half of New Jersey voters don't believe Christie's explanation on the scandal but are part of a majority willing to write off the entire episode as "politics as usual." Just 23 percent say they fully believe Christie's version of what he knew and when he knew it. But 60 percent think the ongoing legislative investigation is a waste of time.

Christie's fellow Republicans blame Democrats who control the investigating panel for prolonging the inquiry and driving up costs.

Other scandal legal costs include: $850,000 due to 10 law firms representing two dozen Christie staffers or former staffers. The attorney general's office has approved a $340-an-hour rate to the outside lawyers and $90-an-hour for paralegals representing individuals who have been subpoenaed.

The grand total at this point: $8.61 million through May, but also including a handful of June invoices.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/ch ... s-with-8-5m-tab-1.9078145

Posted on: 2014/8/18 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
No one disagrees that the Pulaski is important if not critical to transportation in the area. But you seem to have missed the point, which is that Port Authority has nothing to do with the Pulaski, that Port Authority repeatedly said that they could not transfer the funds to this project, and that it was 'sold' as being critical to Lincoln Tunnel access.

My concern when I read the NY Times piece this morning is that the Pulaski funding will now be yanked. After the project has already begun. I assume NJ taxpayers will be on the hook.

Posted on: 2014/6/24 15:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Christie now under investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney's office and the SEC for possible misuse of funds related to the Pulaski Skyway repairs. He faces felony criminal charges for intentionally deceiving bond holders.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _says.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Really? Any deal has to be approved by the PANYNJ. Cuomo will be also held liable?? All the PA attorneys and the bond issuers as well?

Another non-story. The Pulaski Skyway is just as important to transportation in the NY/NJ area as the Freedom Tower.

'He faces felony charges?' Really?? How about saying it truthfully, 'he would face felony charges if charged'. It's just as likely that he'll face felony charges for his involvement with the Lindbergh kidnapping, which is the next thing he'll be accused of. After that, something to do with Hoffa's body under the old Giants stadium!

Not true because he isn't under investigation for the Lindbergh kidnapping. Unless I missed something lol.

Also, if it were as simple as you think, it wouldn't be just Christie under investigation.

Posted on: 2014/6/24 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Christie now under investigation by the Manhattan District Attorney's office and the SEC for possible misuse of funds related to the Pulaski Skyway repairs. He faces felony criminal charges for intentionally deceiving bond holders.

Really? Any deal has to be approved by the PANYNJ. Cuomo will be also held liable?? All the PA attorneys and the bond issuers as well?

Another non-story. The Pulaski Skyway is just as important to transportation in the NY/NJ area as the Freedom Tower.

'He faces felony charges?' Really?? How about saying it truthfully, 'he would face felony charges if charged'. It's just as likely that he'll face felony charges for his involvement with the Lindbergh kidnapping, which is the next thing he'll be accused of. After that, something to do with Hoffa's body under the old Giants stadium!

Posted on: 2014/6/24 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/24 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:

Prosecutor Is Closing In on Gov. Christie

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics ... TTER&spr_id=1456_65523787

First, having Esquire's crack husband and wife reporting team best known for their Cleveland Indian coverage (will they opine on whether Chief Wahoo will be banished by the Feds like the Redskin image?) have inside access to this notoriously tight prosecutor is hilarious.

Second, the NJ Whizzy and Whiney probe only validates Christie's innocence the deeper they go.

Third, if they're going to go after the Port Authority, then Governor's Cuomo, Patterson, Spitzer, Corzine, and all other bi-state (and bi-partisan) will be on the table-because like it or not, they all have their fingers in the pie.

Did Christie fund the Pulaski Bridge with PA money? Sure. NY agreed to it, it was a quid pro quo for the Freedom Tower. Welcome to Hudson County Democratic type deals. Happens all the time.

Just more pro Hilary posturing by the drive by media since there hasn't been ANYTHING found yet to connect Christie to the traffic jam.

And he didn't have to 'lose' two years of emails to cover it up!

Nothing in writing has turned up nor probably will it turn up because Christie is too smart to ever leave such evidence behind.

But the valid question posed by the article is can the Feds get Christie's cronies to flip on him and spill the beans. Guess well just have to wait to find out the answer.

Posted on: 2014/6/19 22:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:

Prosecutor Is Closing In on Gov. Christie

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics ... TTER&spr_id=1456_65523787

First, having Esquire's crack husband and wife reporting team best known for their Cleveland Indian coverage (will they opine on whether Chief Wahoo will be banished by the Feds like the Redskin image?) have inside access to this notoriously tight prosecutor is hilarious.

Second, the NJ Whizzy and Whiney probe only validates Christie's innocence the deeper they go.

Third, if they're going to go after the Port Authority, then Governor's Cuomo, Patterson, Spitzer, Corzine, and all other bi-state (and bi-partisan) will be on the table-because like it or not, they all have their fingers in the pie.

Did Christie fund the Pulaski Bridge with PA money? Sure. NY agreed to it, it was a quid pro quo for the Freedom Tower. Welcome to Hudson County Democratic type deals. Happens all the time.

Just more pro Hilary posturing by the drive by media since there hasn't been ANYTHING found yet to connect Christie to the traffic jam.

And he didn't have to 'lose' two years of emails to cover it up!

Posted on: 2014/6/19 22:35

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017