Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: Sharpton to March Against Police Brutality in Jersey City on Saturday
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=31772096

Most if not all police departments are very reluctant to show 'justified' shootings caught on video by police officers - They prefer to show it in Court and not to the media circus.

This was told to me by an NYPD officer that works in the media / public relations department.

Why is that the police's job - to decide what can and can't be released - and when?

Shouldn't it be the job of - say - an independent judge - to determine whether public release was prejudicial to an active case or not?

I agree, it should never be released however when you have the media looking for a story to sensationalise, they print opinions and witness statements that misconstrued or misinterpreted what they actually witnessed for a media fee!

I believe that only AFTER a Court case has been heard, should any video footage be released - Unfortunately that isn't news worthy anymore and doesn't engage public opinions and prejudges.

Posted on: 2014/10/4 23:11
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Most if not all police departments are very reluctant to show 'justified' shootings caught on video by police officers - They prefer to show it in Court and not to the media circus.

This was told to me by an NYPD officer that works in the media / public relations department.

Why is that the police's job - to decide what can and can't be released - and when?

Shouldn't it be the job of - say - an independent judge - to determine whether public release was prejudicial to an active case or not?

Posted on: 2014/10/4 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/4 21:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Brown's race baiting family attorney taking another loss in the Martin case apparently.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/zimm ... een?s-shooting/ar-BB6TbF6

Posted on: 2014/10/2 10:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I don't see any outrage over transparency like the lies told by the woman Obama put in charge to clean up the Secret Service after the screw-ups in South America and South Africa, which has led to the White House leaving the front door unlocked and letting an intruder with a knife inside. Nor the lies she told Congress by omitting the gun toting felon in a freaking elevator with Obama from her testimony.

Or the lies about the IRS not targeting conservatives.

Or the lies Holder said about Fast and Furious.

So any fauxrage about our police, feel free to start at the top with our Commander in Chief about 'you can keep your doctor', our top law enforcement agent Holder lying about when Fast and Furious began and when he learned of it, or Lois Lerner saying she was innocent and then taking the 5th. Or the lies the Secretary of State told about Libya and the loss of four Americans. Because all those are about a million times more important than trying to gin up fauxrage over a couple of tragedies that happen when police arrest millions of criminals each year.

Monroe - can't your brain process more than one issue at a time? Can't 2 issues have a transparency problem simultaneously, or does your brain divide-by-zero?And seriously? "Fauxrage"? Do you even have a clue what that means?

Quote:

Because all those are about a million times more important than trying to gin up fauxrage over a couple of tragedies that happen when police arrest millions of criminals each year.

...and you don't see why millions of arrests, of millions of ALLEGED criminals, with little to no accountability and transparency, mightn't be a problem?

Posted on: 2014/10/2 0:39

Edited by dtjcview on 2014/10/2 0:56:32
Edited by dtjcview on 2014/10/2 0:57:27
Reason: typo
Edited by dtjcview on 2014/10/2 0:59:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I don't see any outrage over transparency like the lies told by the woman Obama put in charge to clean up the Secret Service after the screw-ups in South America and South Africa, which has led to the White House leaving the front door unlocked and letting an intruder with a knife inside. Nor the lies she told Congress by omitting the gun toting felon in a freaking elevator with Obama from her testimony.

Or the lies about the IRS not targeting conservatives.

Or the lies Holder said about Fast and Furious.

So any fauxrage about our police, feel free to start at the top with our Commander in Chief about 'you can keep your doctor', our top law enforcement agent Holder lying about when Fast and Furious began and when he learned of it, or Lois Lerner saying she was innocent and then taking the 5th. Or the lies the Secretary of State told about Libya and the loss of four Americans. Because all those are about a million times more important than trying to gin up fauxrage over a couple of tragedies that happen when police arrest millions of criminals each year.

Posted on: 2014/10/2 0:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
This is what the march was about, but so many RACIST are too blind to see it.

Nobody really knows why Kenwin Garcia was walking on the highway that July day in 2008 when a State Police trooper stopped him ? or why he wound up dead.

He spent most of his last conscious breaths face down in the grass along Interstate 287 in Hanover Township, according to police reports and recordings, with his hands and ankles handcuffed and zip-tied behind his back and three state troopers on him after he broke two patrol car windows.

Garcia, 25, of Newark, groaned, kicked and struggled for several minutes before going still. His limp body was carried to an ambulance. His heart had flat-lined, his breathing stopped, his brain starved of oxygen, medical records show. He died a week later after being taken off life support.

The police on scene later said in reports they never punched, hit or otherwise struck Garcia. But an autopsy found he suffered severe internal injuries, including a broken breastbone and ribs, a torn kidney and extensive bleeding. Tests showed he had no drugs or alcohol in his system.

The full story behind Garcia?s death has never been told, the details never publicly disclosed by state authorities or the court system. Now, more than six years later, an NJ Advance Media investigation reveals a series of flaws and inconsistencies in the official accounts of that day, which were then incorporated into a criminal investigation into the troopers? actions that determined Garcia died of a controversial medical condition.

More

For those that don't see the point. It's not about assigning blame. It's about a fair and transparent process - and "who polices the police?". None of us know the full facts behind Kerwin Garcia, Lavon King and even Kwadir Felton's cases. (Felton's mother spoke at the Sharpton rally). It's not about judging the right and wrong of each case - which is what I think some people on this thread are doing - but asking do we have the right processes in place.

Rightly or wrongly - the fear of civil litigation and reluctance to release reports and evidence - creates the impression that local government and police are conspiring to hide the facts.

From the Garcia link: More

Quote:

LEGAL EXPERTS: PLAGUED BY CONFLICTS
Though state investigators are trusted to act impartially, legal experts said the system was plagued by conflicts and a lack of transparency. The investigation and grand jury presentment was led by the Attorney General?s Office, which oversees the State Police and dispatches a team when a death in custody occurs involving one of its members. But that team consists in part of troopers investigating fellow troopers, and authorities do not routinely announce or explain the team?s findings. In some cases, even the team?s investigations themselves are not announced.

At the same time, the Attorney General?s Office also oversaw the medical examiner and prosecutors making decisions about the criminal case. The attorney general?s Division of Law paid a private law firm more than $150,000 to defend against the family?s civil wrongful death lawsuit, state financial records show, but a state attorney still oversaw the case and had final say over strategy and decision making, and ultimately the office was responsible for authorizing the settlement.

?When you have one agency that is supposed to investigate impartially, yet it?s also supposed to defend one side, you can see the problem,? said David Harris, a law professor and policing expert at the University of Pittsburgh. ?If you have a glaring sort of conflict like that, the best you?re going to get is that people will be suspicious of the conclusion, and the worst you?re going to get is self-interested decision making.?

Harris and others said the competing interests and sensitivity of the case, particularly given that the State Police were under federal oversight at that time for racial profiling, should have prompted the attorney general, Anne Milgram, to turn it over to a special prosecutor. They said an external review should be undertaken to identify mistakes and improve transparency.

Posted on: 2014/10/2 0:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/2 2:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
This guy is nothing but a trouble maker. Well at least he will be in a remote area of the city.

It might be "remote" to you, maybe...

Posted on: 2014/10/1 23:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Yes, I understand what you are referring to.
I'm asking why you are referring to it in both these cases especially in context of your pro-killer cop stance. You seem to think that a person with mental problems has only himself to blame when killed by a cop.

Huh? You have a nutcase that violently busted out two police cruiser windows and then died while being restrained. Is this really the case you want to make a stand on as an example of police being racist and evil?

By the way, my position here will shock you, but if a camera was inappropriately turned off this should result in AUTOMATIC and harsh discipline. Even if they did nothing wrong while the camera was turned off, that alone should result in serious consequences. Just like refusing to take a breathalyzer also automatically results in criminal sanctions even if you are dead sober.

Posted on: 2014/10/1 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
I'm full prepared to believe that you are not saying what I think you are saying.
I am asking you what you are saying, not what you are not saying.
So, what are you saying?

Posted on: 2014/10/1 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

And yet you and others cheered in response to a recording of Jersey City?s Brooke Hansson, who seemed to imply during her abusive tirade that police brutality is the fault of people in the communities where it occurs. You?re right that many individuals are blind to racism, perhaps even more than you know.

Posted on: 2014/10/1 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
I'm asking why you are referring to it in both these cases especially in context of your pro-killer cop stance. You seem to think that a person with mental problems has only himself to blame when killed by a cop.

Go back and read my posts. I have not said what you think (or want to think) I've said.

Posted on: 2014/10/1 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
So it's just a crazy coincidence that you think both of the victims had mental health issues?
Why are you bringing it up?

Because it points to the unhinged state of mind in both cases. In Brown's case, the 'independent' witnesses who spoke to him-after his strong arm robbery and assault at the convenience store, but before his death, said he was talking about Jesus and his role in his life. Bizarre, given that he just left the scene of a crime.

In the NJ case, HIS OWN FAMILY THINKS WE WAS MENTALLY ILL AND VIOLENT.

His behavior changed around 2005, after he was fired for yelling and threatening his boss at a nursing home where he had worked, police records show. His family thought he was mentally ill, perhaps depressed. His father, Kelvin, told investigators his son?s behavior was ?erratic? and sometimes violent, according to police reports.

You can't reason with trolls. He's just trying to get you worked up.

A couple posts ago this guy compared the "white oppressors" to Hitler. After saying he never posts anything incendiary. Should just leave the trolls be, just like we ignore the crazy homeless people that ramble to themselves.

Posted on: 2014/10/1 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/10/1 19:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
So it's just a crazy coincidence that you think both of the victims had mental health issues?

Because it points to the unhinged state of mind in both cases. In Brown's case, the 'independent' witnesses who spoke to him-after his strong arm robbery and assault at the convenience store, but before his death, said he was talking about Jesus and his role in his life. Bizarre, given that he just left the scene of a crime.

In the NJ case, HIS OWN FAMILY THINKS WE WAS MENTALLY ILL AND VIOLENT.

His behavior changed around 2005, after he was fired for yelling and threatening his boss at a nursing home where he had worked, police records show. His family thought he was mentally ill, perhaps depressed. His father, Kelvin, told investigators his son?s behavior was ?erratic? and sometimes violent, according to police reports.

Posted on: 2014/10/1 19:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/10/1 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
On Mike Brown talking about Jesus.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Sounds like someone on drugs or schizophrenic, which raises questions about his state of mind during the sad event that led to his death.

On Kenwin Garcia wanting to go to the beach.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Garcia was obviously unhinged...

Looks like Monroe sees mental illness in every victim of our brutish militarized police force.
Is he saying that it's ok for cops to kill mentally ill people?

No, that's not what Monroe says, lol.

Posted on: 2014/10/1 18:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
On Mike Brown talking about Jesus.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Sounds like someone on drugs or schizophrenic, which raises questions about his state of mind during the sad event that led to his death.

On Kenwin Garcia wanting to go to the beach.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Garcia was obviously unhinged...

Looks like Monroe sees mental illness in every victim of our brutish militarized police force.
Is he saying that it's ok for cops to kill mentally ill people?

Posted on: 2014/10/1 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Garcia was obviously unhinged, and you think that police assaulted him to the point of causing his death-IN BROAD DAYLIGHT BY THE SIDE OF A VERY BUSY HIGHWAY?

He's kicking out windows of the cop car, after being found wandering alongside Route 287, telling the cops he's on his way to the beach? Nearest beach to East Hanover is, what, Lake Hopatcong?

But I do agree, get all the cops and cars working camera's that are on 100% of the time. It'll save a lot of our tax dollars in the long run.

Posted on: 2014/10/1 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Nobody really knows why Kenwin Garcia was walking on the highway that July day in 2008 when a State Police trooper stopped him ? or why he wound up dead.

He spent most of his last conscious breaths face down in the grass along Interstate 287 in Hanover Township, according to police reports and recordings, with his hands and ankles handcuffed and zip-tied behind his back and three state troopers on him after he broke two patrol car windows.

Garcia, 25, of Newark, groaned, kicked and struggled for several minutes before going still. His limp body was carried to an ambulance. His heart had flat-lined, his breathing stopped, his brain starved of oxygen, medical records show. He died a week later after being taken off life support.

The police on scene later said in reports they never punched, hit or otherwise struck Garcia. But an autopsy found he suffered severe internal injuries, including a broken breastbone and ribs, a torn kidney and extensive bleeding. Tests showed he had no drugs or alcohol in his system.

The full story behind Garcia?s death has never been told, the details never publicly disclosed by state authorities or the court system. Now, more than six years later, an NJ Advance Media investigation reveals a series of flaws and inconsistencies in the official accounts of that day, which were then incorporated into a criminal investigation into the troopers? actions that determined Garcia died of a controversial medical condition.

More

Posted on: 2014/10/1 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Which JCMan did you eat?

Lol.

Posted on: 2014/10/1 12:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Except both nyrgravey and DA demolished your "points," and you couldn't even respond to DA's long post. The only thing you continually do is hide behind insult after insult. It is the mark of a feeble intellect.

Hate to break it to you Fluffy. This ceased to become any kind of debate long ago on the Ferguson thread. To have a reasoned debate, we need common ground, and shared values - and it's pretty clear we have none - at least on this issue. Feel free to declare whatever victory you choose.

So back to the rocks. Which JCMan did you eat?

Posted on: 2014/10/1 9:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Clearly the question is being answered by white oppressors.
A better analogy would be asking Hitler if he was in favor of gassing Jews.
Hitler paid taxes too.

I'm telling you guys, you can easily escape evil white oppressors in Newark! Wonderful spots like that DO exist in the US! Enjoy!

Posted on: 2014/9/30 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Clearly the question is being answered by white oppressors.
A better analogy would be asking Hitler if he was in favor of gassing Jews.
Hitler paid taxes too.

Posted on: 2014/9/30 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MidwestTransplant wrote:
While this thread has clearly played itself out, one quick question for the crowd - is anyone here actually in favor of our white oppressors? If so, why?
hahahaha. I love the way you phrased that, I'm gonna use that one all the time now.

"is anyone here actually in favor of Obama's death camps?"

"is anyone here actually in favor of voter fraud?"

"is anyone here actually in favor of abortion?"

"is anyone here actually in favor of taking food away from starving children?"

"is anyone here actually in favor of terrorism?"

they just write themselves.

Posted on: 2014/9/30 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MidwestTransplant wrote:
While this thread has clearly played itself out, one quick question for the crowd - is anyone here actually in favor of our white oppressors? If so, why?

LOL, love the question. Sort of a "so when did you stop beating your wife?" modded to this thread.

You know what is a great place to escape the "white oppressors"? Newark. Very, very few white oppressors there.

Posted on: 2014/9/30 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MidwestTransplant wrote:

The oppressors who are paying the Federal taxes of the 47% who don't? Those suburban oppressors who are paying 500 million dollars a year to educate JC students, who graduate at an abysmal rate because they have lazy parents?

You should be in favor of them for the above reasons.

Posted on: 2014/9/30 14:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/26 14:00
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/30 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Not entirely related, but Bill Maher, whom I like and respect despite not always agreeing with, slams Americans for having completely misguided outrage and dumb shit, while letting truly egregious acts slide. DTJC and OS, watch and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDFrNQAjDYA

Also, this is a great video. Thanks for posting it.

Posted on: 2014/9/30 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Keep on master-baiting - circle jerk (definition 3). Creeping out sociopaths in my playbook is ok. Fun too.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=circle+jerk

Hey, keep on proving that you are bereft of any ideas or abilities to provide an actual rebuttal to my slam down of you and OSs ridiculous and racist rhetoric. Just stick to the insults, it's about all you've got.

More comedy from the failed dog-shit crusader. And you and DA in the same circle, jerking together on this issue?

I rebutted every one of your points. Come again?

Except both nyrgravey and DA demolished your "points," and you couldn't even respond to DA's long post. The only thing you continually do is hide behind insult after insult. It is the mark of a feeble intellect.

Posted on: 2014/9/30 3:01

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017