Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
51 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 51

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Gold Coast Broadband & Verizon Fios
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
This sounds like some seriously corrupt bullshit.

This crooked developer forces everyone to use his garbage internet service? Which I'm sure is extremely overpriced.

Really should be illegal. And I generally don't like government making these kinds of laws.

Posted on: 2017/3/18 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/3/17 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
That is insane,Zeppelin and Gold Coast were two of the main reasons we chose not to live there all those years back.

However, by now the withdrawal symptoms should be over and you should find relief not being tethered to activities that strain your eyes!

Posted on: 2017/3/17 15:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
It's a week now without internet.

Posted on: 2017/3/17 15:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/15 1:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Folks,
Today we created a facebook liberty harbor residents forum for us to keep one another up to date on what's taking place in the building including this internet issue.

Feel free to join and share with folks that live in Liberty Harbor https://www.facebook.com/groups/libertyharborresidents/

Thanks!!

Posted on: 2017/3/15 1:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/15 21:12
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Is everyone in Liberty Harbor enjoying not having internet and wifi for the past 3 days?

Posted on: 2017/3/13 12:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tj08901 wrote:
It is not about synergy. It is about a decent service for the price a consumer is paying. Gold Coast's is undoubtedly the worst service I have experienced. The board need to looks at whether free cable access for common areas, free wiring of the building, etc., that LH currently has is worth maintaining the exclusive contract that it currently has with Gold Coast. Other building have FIOS, Comcast, etc. (multiple options), and are still able to get the services for either free or at a cost.

This is exclusivity and lack of competition/ options needs to be looked and I will make sure it is.

Additionally, someone mentioned that the developer of LH is the owner of Gold Coast Broadband. That is 100% correct.

The only group that may have the opportunity to change its contract would be 10 regent and the other privately owned apartments... however, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up that right in their management agreement with Grand Street Property Management (which is owned by the developer of LH)

Posted on: 2015/11/9 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tj08901 wrote:
It is not about synergy. It is about a decent service for the price a consumer is paying. Gold Coast's is undoubtedly the worst service I have experienced. The board need to looks at whether free cable access for common areas, free wiring of the building, etc., that LH currently has is worth maintaining the exclusive contract that it currently has with Gold Coast. Other building have FIOS, Comcast, etc. (multiple options), and are still able to get the services for either free or at a cost.

This is exclusivity and lack of competition/ options needs to be looked and I will make sure it is.

It is perfectly legal.

It is also a contributing reason to why I moved out of Liberty Harbor a few years ago.

Posted on: 2015/11/9 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Thatantperson wrote:
Isn't this illegal? Can we file a class action lawsuit or something?

What is it that you think is illegal?? Many buildings enter into exclusive contracts with a given provider in exchange for some perks (free cable access for common areas, free wiring of the building, etc) and the people who CHOOSE to live in the building are stuck with the provider who holds the exclusivity contract. If you don't like the provider, you can choose to not rent in that building.

I believe that the developer of LH and the owner of Gold Coast are the same person.

And, what's your point? Nowadays, they call that synergy. Again, NO ONE is forced to live at LHN. You can rent ANYWHERE.

Exactly. The internet service they provide comes with the territory. If the quality of internet and TV programming is important to the renter - they would discuss their options before signing the lease. I have FIOS and Comcast available in my rental units and every tenant for the last 5+ years has asked what the options are early in the lease process.

immigrationlawyer may not like it but the question has been answered.

And yet, look at j08901 reviving this thread with the same whine. Apparently, neither one of them thought to inquire as to connectivity options before moving into LHN, and now want to complain about FiOS not being available.

Very plainly: if you are thinking about moving into a place, you should ask the questions that are relevant to your needs and desires. If you want to have FiOS, or cable, or whatever, you should ask about it.

As for exclusivity contracts for such services, I find those to be common place in most new buildings. After a few years, many buildings choose to open up their doors to other providers. Sometimes, management (or, the developer?) will get incentives to maintain/continue the exclusivity arrangement. Not sure why this is all so shocking to some people.

In fairness, there are a lot of foreigners who move here. I doubt they know enough to ask these kinds of questions.

And sure, exclusivity contracts are common. But how often is the developer/building owner the same entity that provides the TV and Internet?

Posted on: 2015/11/9 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Thatantperson wrote:

What is it that you think is illegal?? Many buildings enter into exclusive contracts with a given provider in exchange for some perks (free cable access for common areas, free wiring of the building, etc) and the people who CHOOSE to live in the building are stuck with the provider who holds the exclusivity contract. If you don't like the provider, you can choose to not rent in that building.

I believe that the developer of LH and the owner of Gold Coast are the same person.

And, what's your point? Nowadays, they call that synergy. Again, NO ONE is forced to live at LHN. You can rent ANYWHERE.

Exactly. The internet service they provide comes with the territory. If the quality of internet and TV programming is important to the renter - they would discuss their options before signing the lease. I have FIOS and Comcast available in my rental units and every tenant for the last 5+ years has asked what the options are early in the lease process.

And yet, look at j08901 reviving this thread with the same whine. Apparently, neither one of them thought to inquire as to connectivity options before moving into LHN, and now want to complain about FiOS not being available.

Very plainly: if you are thinking about moving into a place, you should ask the questions that are relevant to your needs and desires. If you want to have FiOS, or cable, or whatever, you should ask about it.

As for exclusivity contracts for such services, I find those to be common place in most new buildings. After a few years, many buildings choose to open up their doors to other providers. Sometimes, management (or, the developer?) will get incentives to maintain/continue the exclusivity arrangement. Not sure why this is all so shocking to some people.

Posted on: 2015/11/9 16:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Thatantperson wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/9 16:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/9 15:56
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/9 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/16 12:23
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Thatantperson wrote:

my point wasn't to engage you in conversation, it was to engage those who have beef with the setup. it was to allow those individuals to make connections and better understand why the amenities and services in LH are the way they are...there is no room for competition.
Also, not everyone rents in LH, which means that there might be potential for change.

Posted on: 2014/10/15 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

immigrationlawyer wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Thatantperson wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/15 13:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Thatantperson wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/14 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Thatantperson wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/14 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Everyone who lives there should file a complaint with the NJ board of public utilities.

http://www.state.nj.us/bpu/about/index.html

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/14 18:16
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/14 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Read the original post

Posted on: 2014/10/1 13:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/18 2:46
Group:
Registered Users
I feel bad for you guys. WTF is goldcoast broadband? Never heard of them. I thought in JC either you get comcast or fios except for dish.

Posted on: 2014/10/1 4:12

WTF is entone? (Gold Coast Broadband)

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
My new cable service provider to be exact. Compliments of Gold Coast Broadband. FML. It worked fine for 3 hours and now its scrambly as shit and unwatchable (on both TVs). You really get what you pay for...

Posted on: 2014/10/1 2:35

Re: Gold Coast Broadband & DirecTV Outage

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Apparently they have been aware of the DirecTV outage since this morning (according to their automated messaging service). It is now 6pm and I still have no signal. I don't care how cheap my monthly bill is for this crap. I've made up for it in high blood pressure readings thanks to this dump of a company.

Posted on: 2014/9/29 21:58

Gold Coast Broadband / DirecTV Outtage in Liberty Harbor

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone else in Liberty Harbor having issues with their DirecTV service? Getting a message that says I'm not subscribed. Also, received a letter a few days ago saying that my service was randomly being cancelled.

Posted on: 2014/9/29 17:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I dont know about the bankruptcy possibility but I do know this company is owned by peter mocco and only available (imposed) to residents in liberty harbor (owned/developed by mocco). they are a reseller of directv (they pick the packages and channels and the price you pay for them). essentially they have a monopoly on your cable/internet as verizon/comcast are not allowed to connect to a building without the building owner's (mocco's) permission.

There packages stink, their receivers are 3 years outdated and constantly require resets, their internet is always slow and the wireless router is always breaking down and requiring a reset. billing is painful (6%+ fee for paying with a credit card). I cant wait for my lease to be up so that I can move. The only plus is that their pricing, at least for the most basic package, isnt horrible (id say its probably about $50 less than competition, but of course that difference is made up for in rent).

Posted on: 2012/10/19 20:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/6 15:31
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I just want FiOS dammit!

Posted on: 2012/10/19 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Gold Coast SUCKS!!!! They're an abomination...a disaster of a company. Yes, a complete mickey mouse operation.

They were on the brink of bankruptcy and Mocco, the developer behind LH, bought them.

Posted on: 2012/10/19 16:35

Gold Coast Broadband
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/6 15:31
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I just have to express my utmost disgust in this company. I requested my telephone number be ported well in advance of my service being activated. They have been delaying on email replies etc and giving me false information.

Now after more than 30 days have passed they are telling me since my original number has been disconnected they can't do anything. This company is a joke.

Not only am I not given the opportunity to shop around for a provider. The only provider (if you can even call them that) is this piece of crap.

::End Rant::

Posted on: 2012/10/19 14:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Really? How nice! I wonder if we could get Fios in here. This Gold Coast service is one step above dial-up, rabbit ears, and two cans connected with a string.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
I dont know much about it but I heard the developer of LH owns GoldCoast Broadband

Posted on: 2009/5/7 1:56

Gold Coast Broadband & Verizon Fios
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
What exactly is this Mickey Mouse operation? Does anyone outside of Liberty Harbor actually subscribe to this service?

I just called Verizon Fios and the operator said it looks like the neighborhood is wired but can't pull up the streets. Anyone have Fios in the VVP area? If so, how come LH residents can't get in on the HD fun?

Posted on: 2009/5/5 17:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017