Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Sharpton to March Against Police Brutality in Jersey City on Saturday
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
@nyrgravey9 and others - if you don't see the irony of calling people racist, then get upset when the same accusation is leveled at you, then tough. The protest was about demanding better police transparency and accountability. You and others wanted to deflect that to other issues such as "black on black violence" and personal attacks on the march leaders. Do we need to prioritize every issue by body-count? Then tackle them one-by-one? If so, we'd be working on poverty and healthcare - and nothing else.

That doesn't address a single point from my comments. I directly addressed your ignorance. I didn't deflect. Again, the point isn't that the underlying of this protest is bad, but it refers back to mole analogy. And you have to question why Al Sharpton is even there. If you think Al Sharpton's presence has anything at all to do with police violence against black people, well, I got a bridge to sell you.

This comment above from you, however, is by all definitions, a deflection.

Now, the rest of your post actually borderlines on constructive, and that's great. You're starting to ask the right questions.

Posted on: 2014/9/29 12:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
'Counter protests' to an event that had almost no protesters? I think the fact that only a handful of people attended says it all.

Thumbs up to the residents of JC who ignored the race baiter Al 'Tawana Brawley' Sharpton and his 'protest'. Hey Al, drop off your check to the IRS on your way back to NYC. Pay your taxes like the rest of us.

QED

Posted on: 2014/9/29 11:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
'Counter protests' to an event that had almost no protesters? I think the fact that only a handful of people attended says it all.

Thumbs up to the residents of JC who ignored the race baiter Al 'Tawana Brawley' Sharpton and his 'protest'. Hey Al, drop off your check to the IRS on your way back to NYC. Pay your taxes like the rest of us.

Posted on: 2014/9/29 11:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
@nyrgravey9 and others - if you don't see the irony of calling people racist, then get upset when the same accusation is leveled at you, then tough. The protest was about demanding better police transparency and accountability. You and others wanted to deflect that to other issues such as "black on black violence" and personal attacks on the march leaders. Do we need to prioritize every issue by body-count? Then tackle them one-by-one? If so, we'd be working on poverty and healthcare - and nothing else.

The protest was small, peaceful, and for the most part on-point. And no counter-protesters despite all the hot air here. There's a large gap to be bridged - and issues need to addressed intelligently without the rock-throwing and divisive comments:

Citizen's review board.

There is one already - what's broken with that? Has the citizen review board examined the Lavon King shooting and issued a report? Has the board enough teeth to hold the police accountable?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... to_jersey_city_mayor.html

"Black on black violence"

Has putting foot patrols in targeted enforcement areas helped? Roundups? Gun buy-backs? What more is needed from both the City and local communities?

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... _community_relations.html

Posted on: 2014/9/29 11:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Kudos to the Greenville residents who ignored this stupid rally. Of the two dozen people who attended I'm sure most were employees or relatives of the group that organized the non-event.

Did Al 'Tawana Brawley' Sharpton lay a wreath at Walgreen's for the rookie bi-racial police officer assassinated by the scum gang banger?

Posted on: 2014/9/29 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Where's the beloved Reverend/Cult Leader/Delinquent Taxpayer Al Sharpton? I don't see him anywhere on this tape.

Posted on: 2014/9/29 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

"Among many things heard and seen were chants for Lavon King, an unarmed 20-year-old killed by a JCPD officer in June, and Lawrence Campbell, the killer of Jersey City Police Det. Melvin Santiago."

This says it all about the scumbags who attended this parade. Their idea of "justice" is criminal animals being allowed to gun people down with impunity.

Posted on: 2014/9/29 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/29 0:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
As usual DA is not paying attention. I am a man and so is my husband.
Yes we attended the march, it was peaceful if sparsely attended. The only thing that marred the experience was Rev Al stepped on my husbands foot and carried on like it was nothing, when we took issue and sought an apology a man and woman in his entourage physically blocked us from approaching him.

I did not see any IRS agents, i'm pretty sure they don't work that way.

I hope you learned a lesson from this, though I doubt you will.

Al Sharpton doesn't really care about the black community. He certainly doesn't care about you or your husband. He only cares about himself, more specifically how he can continue to rake in the $$$.

Follow him and his ilk and you'll match right off a cliff. Can't say you weren't warned.

Posted on: 2014/9/28 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Yes we attended the march, it was peaceful if sparsely attended. The only thing that marred the experience was Rev Al stepped on my husbands foot and carried on like it was nothing, when we took issue and sought an apology a man and woman in his entourage physically blocked us from approaching him.

Are you that foolish to believe that Al Sharpton would apologize for anything... hard to believe a crowd that small and Al stepped on your husband's foot. Maybe it was Al's subtle way of saying he doesn't like gay people?

Posted on: 2014/9/28 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:

1. I don't believe I ever read you state your sex. Most people that say "my husband" are women. In fact, until very recently it was 100%.

2. LOL @ choosing to follow someone like that.

Posted on: 2014/9/28 21:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:

Gee, really sounds like a nice guy, truly "one of the people" that serves as a great leader.

I noticed in the pictures there were several police motorcycles that allowed the march to happen in an orderly fashion (as would be required for any march with a permit). Our tax dollars pay for all that.

Mr. Sharpton, on the other hand, thinks that rules about paying taxes don't apply to him. Apparently, rules about apologizing for stepping on peoples' feet don't apply to him either. He sounds like a male version of Leona Helmsley.

Yeah, this is a leader I'd want to follow.

Posted on: 2014/9/28 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/9/28 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Sharpton's group to hold 'march against police brutality' in Jersey City

By Patrick McGovern | The Jersey Journal
on September 26, 2014 at 5:17 PM, updated September 26, 2014 at 5:18 PM

The North Jersey chapter of the National Action Network will march down Martin Luther King Drive in Jersey City on Saturday to protest what it calls ?police misconduct, prosecutorial misconduct, and police shootings in our city.?

?It?s open season on young black men,? said Carolyn Oliver-Fair, president of the North Jersey chapter of the NAN. The National Action Network, founded in 1991 by Rev. Al Sharpton, is a civil rights organization with chapters throughout the country.

According to Oliver-Fair, although the group is angry about the issues their communities face, the march will be peaceful.

?We need to come to the table and discuss these issues intelligently,? she said. ?We need to draw attention to these issues.?

In June and July there were three police-involved shootings in Jersey City, two of them fatal.

-- On June 24, Lavon King, 20, was shot dead by a police officer in a shed behind a home on Ege Avenue. Police said King was identified that day as being wanted on outstanding warrants. Police say the chase ended in King's death when King struggled with the officer for the officer's gun.

Last month King's family said they would be filing a wrongful death lawsuit.

-- On July 13, Lawrence Campbell was shot dead by police officers after he shot and killed a Jersey City police officer who was responding to a report of an armed robbery outside a drug store. Authorities say Campbell was wanted in a murder and that he told a bystander that he was going to do something that would make him famous.

-- On July 15, a man attacked a Jersey City police officer inside his marked vehicle this morning and was shot twice by police a block from a memorial for Campbell.

The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office said this week that the fatal shootings of King and Campbell are still under investigation and it has refused to release copies of their autopsy reports.

One goal of the group, according to Oliver-Fair, is to create a citizen review board in Jersey City. The board would be made up of civic leaders, human rights advocates and other grass roots organizers.

According to a press release, some of the goals of the march are ?building trust again? and ?unifying actions for the betterment of community safety.?

The march is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. at MLK Drive and McAdoo Avenue. The demonstrators will go north on MLK Drive to Clinton Avenue, where the march will end at 3 p.m.

Jersey Journal Link

They all sound like criminals and thugs who got what they deserved. Only one I feel sorry for is the police officer who was killed.

Why is this asshat supporting gangbangers against police? Is it just because they happen to be black? What a total toolbag. He's a disgrace to what Dr King stood for.

Posted on: 2014/9/28 16:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Coverage of the march: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _carolyn_oliver_fair.html

Great comments. My favorite was a link to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ

The article says two dozen "protestors" showed up for the clown parade. Wow, a whole 24 people!

And yes, that video should be required viewing.

Posted on: 2014/9/28 2:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Coverage of the march: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _carolyn_oliver_fair.html

Great comments. My favorite was a link to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ

Posted on: 2014/9/28 1:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

richieveal wrote:
I can tell you who is going to this.... The idiots, low class of our society.

Totally agree. As an aside, who would suspect that our very own OS and her hubby are attending? Color me SHOCKED!

Posted on: 2014/9/28 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So, for anyone out there in internet-land that attended this, how was it?

Also, did the IRS happen to show up to seize Mr. Sharpton's limousine so it could be auctioned off and the proceeds applied to his outstanding balance? Oh wait, he probably rented that. Well, maybe they could take a few of his Armani suits.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 22:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
What is missing from this discussion is the fact that 1 of the 3 people allegedly killed by JCPD was in fact shot dead because he ruthlessly murdered Officer Santiago. I hope that our city leaders do not plan on attending this charade.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 17:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/1/14 12:53
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I can tell you who is going to this.... The idiots, low class of our society.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not against the message of the march either, just the idiot who is leading it. He is just a money-grubbing, limousine liberal and total hypocrite. He is not a good role model and is not even a real preacher. He has no college degree, having dropped out of Brooklyn College and was ordained by another baptist minister.

Despite the all the accountability he demands, the guy can't seem to pay his own taxes, yet that doesn't bother any of the supporters here:

http://nypost.com/2014/08/03/sharpton ... s-millions-in-back-taxes/

He's made anti-gay comments before:

http://www.salon.com/2003/06/21/sharpton_7/

I'm just getting started and we could fill a book on this guy's missteps. His heart may be in the right place, but this is NOT the leader you want to follow.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 13:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
DTJC I'll speak slowly so that even your preschool brain might have the chance to understand what the adults here are saying.

No one here is against the message of the March. I personally think any kind of police protest should be against the militarization of the police. That affects us all. But that's for another thread.

That said, no one here is being racist. Stop using that as your catch phrase response to anything anyone says that opposes your infantile views. It's a tired response that only proves to highlight your own ignorance and inability to respond with cogent counterpoints. IN fact it's racist for you and Sharpton and others to just sit there and blame whitey for the problems of the black community. That's what the underlying tone of these marches say. And t furthers the divide between everyone.

The arguments laid out below perfectly demonstrate why this March is a farce. The mole analogy is perfect. Only the patients family (Sharpton, Jackson) is screaming and yelling at the doctor (politicians) to get that mole out, meanwhile a massive metastasized cancer (gangs) is eating up the patients entire body. But drawing attention to that makes you racist against cancer (try to follow along).

The facts don't lie. Police beating/killings are such a tiny component of overall crime committed on black people, it's laughable that this much effort goes into protesting while the REAL causes are brushed off as "scared white people criticism". And you wonder why people don't take any of this shit seriously? Again, no one is saying it shouldn't be addressed. But it's not a black issue. Black people don't own this issue. Police brutality as a stand alone issue is rising system wide, again in my opinion, with the rise of the militarization of the police.

So, given that the stats show that black people are killing black people at the highest rate, and I want to draw attention it to stop it, so that black youths have a chance to survivenamd thrive, I'm a racist?? Really? That's your best rebuttal?

Wow, if that's really your contention, then you and people with the same twisted world view as you are actually the biggest part of the problem. Thank god people with sense in all communities reject Sharpton and work at the individual level to bridge that gap while people like you live to keep widening it.

Unfortunately I just wasted 5 minutes of my day pissing into the wind because your response back is still going to be some 5th grade bullshit.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 12:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Who is going to the march today?
My husband and I are going.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 11:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
dtjc refuses to acknowledge the divisiveness, the lies, the abject racist performance of Al 'Tawana' Brawley and his history as a race baiter.

Supporting Tawana Brawley, who falsely claimed she was raped by a group of white men, smeared with dog shit, and left in a garbage bag-when it was patently untrue, smearing good men, is a pox on this scumbag. At least she was finally located, decades later, and has her wages garnished to pay the penalties the courts assigned her. It was hundreds of thousands of dollars, as I recall.

Not to mention his 'white interloper' racist comments which led to more racial strife in NYC.

Not to mention his not paying his 'fair share' ie his tax obligations, including Federal withholding tax. And I'm leaving behind the 'Reverend' committing adultery with a succession of women.

And we're supposed to take this charlatan seriously? The low information types do I guess. Do they identify with him?

I can't force you to read the original JJ piece and accept the aims of the march. You'd rather smear people than debate issues. Keep smearing Sharpton, you circle-jerking master-baiter.

@jcman8 - keep squeezing Monroe's penis. Keeps the blood flow to his brain.

When you cannot support your view, go to the personal insults. Sadly for you, it just shows you've lost the discussion, lol.

I actually did support my argument pretty clearly with the question - "what's your problem with the aims of the march?". But you'd rather deflect the question.

The only way I can tolerate your racism and stupidity is to have a bit of fun with it. I have a visual of you, DA, and JCMan8 - jerking off each other - to keep the blood flow pumping from your penises to your brains - CPR to stop you guys dying from your own idiocy. Priceless.

Your obsession with my manly parts is getting a little creepy.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 11:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
dtjc refuses to acknowledge the divisiveness, the lies, the abject racist performance of Al 'Tawana' Brawley and his history as a race baiter.

Supporting Tawana Brawley, who falsely claimed she was raped by a group of white men, smeared with dog shit, and left in a garbage bag-when it was patently untrue, smearing good men, is a pox on this scumbag. At least she was finally located, decades later, and has her wages garnished to pay the penalties the courts assigned her. It was hundreds of thousands of dollars, as I recall.

Not to mention his 'white interloper' racist comments which led to more racial strife in NYC.

Not to mention his not paying his 'fair share' ie his tax obligations, including Federal withholding tax. And I'm leaving behind the 'Reverend' committing adultery with a succession of women.

And we're supposed to take this charlatan seriously? The low information types do I guess. Do they identify with him?

I can't force you to read the original JJ piece and accept the aims of the march. You'd rather smear people than debate issues. Keep smearing Sharpton, you circle-jerking master-baiter.

When you cannot support your view, go to the personal insults. Sadly for you, it just shows you've lost the discussion, lol.

I actually did support my argument pretty clearly with the question - "what's your problem with the aims of the march?". But you'd rather deflect the question.

The only way I can tolerate your racism and stupidity is to have a bit of fun with it. I have a visual of you, DA, and JCMan8 - jerking off each other - to keep the blood flow pumping from your penises to your brains - CPR to stop you guys dying from your own idiocy. Priceless.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 4:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Reverend Bacon.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 4:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i wish al would organize a march against domestic violence

Posted on: 2014/9/27 3:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/27 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

@jcman8 - keep squeezing Monroe's penis. Keeps the blood flowing to his brain. Whatever's left of it.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
DTJC, I didn't delete it. It got deleted.

No one is arguing protesting police brutality is bad. And I don't agree with most of what Monroe says.

The overriding point is that police killing of black youths is singnificantly outpaced by killings by other black youths. That's a statistical fact. That said, Sharptons resources would be better spent focusing on the real issue as I just mentioned.

And morons who reply to that with "agh, scared old white guys" are too stupid to realize their ignorance helps to keep that fact alive.

WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT YOUR PROBLEM. We're too boring and uninteresting for that. We're too busy buying khakis and antiquing and that all dumb shit.

If you're going to protest in the interest of the black community, protest the gangs, and the lack of parenting. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.

So ...don't hold the government and public servants accountable because you have bigger issues to tackle first? Sorry - that's simply a dumb argument and a deflection.

Think of it as a surgeon who is about to operate on a patient with severe cancer. But rather than try removing the massive tumors sticking out of the patient's midsection, he spends his time trying to extract a small mole on the patient's forearm.

Bullshit analogy.

You wouldn't let a surgeon operate a mole - never mind a cancer - if you didn't trust them. That's what we're dealing with.

I guess you can't understand the analogy because it conflicts with your narrative.

Fact - Young black men are far more lethal to blacks than police brutality.

Fact - Gang culture is far more destructive to the quality of life of the black community than the police or government.

These are the metaphorical massive tumors on the black community. But rather than spend the slightest bit of effort confronting them, the racist huckster Sharpton will spend his time dealing with the mole of police brutality.

Better make sure to donate to the cause!

Posted on: 2014/9/27 3:08

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017