Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City beefs up security after Iraqi PM's statement on potential subway attacks by ISIS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Another Muslim terrorist beheaded an American woman, and even worse because it happened on American soil. In Oklahoma.

Thank God a man at the scene had a gun and shot the terrorist, otherwise he would have killed more people.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/o ... -report-article-1.1953778

How was he a Muslim terrorist again?

I know he's black so you're thinking he's not like the others. But he had converted to Islam and was trying to convert his coworkers. Also a witness said he was screaming in Muslim chants as he was beheading the woman.

Why do you assume I thought anything because he's black? Perhaps that's your own projection.

Anyways, in order for it to be terrorism, there would have to be evidence that actions were intended to shift political policy. I don't see that here.

Posted on: 2014/9/28 19:59

Re: Jersey City beefs up security after Iraqi PM's statement on potential subway attacks by ISIS
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/14 1:47
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Federal $ spent on Iraq and Syria has been a huge waste.
Now state and local $ has to be spent more on securities. It's necessary at this point but is also another form of waste.

Posted on: 2014/9/28 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
The cynic in me says that this is scaremongering to justify putting boots on the ground in Iraq or Syria.

How could Obama and the Dems do that, there aren't any WMD's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama is using Bush's playbook on this. Obama realizes he needs public backing to respond to world events that he's neglected for too long. At least that's what my inner cynic is telling me.

So Obama is making up the Muslim beheadings and ISIS threats?

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
The cynic in me says that this is scaremongering to justify putting boots on the ground in Iraq or Syria.

Obama is using Bush's playbook on this. Obama realizes he needs public backing to respond to world events that he's neglected for too long. At least that's what my inner cynic is telling me.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Nolen also had ?Jesus Christ? tattooed on his chest, ?Judah? on his left arm, and a pair of praying hands on his right arm, according to NewsOK.

It?s not clear how long Nolen worked at the factory or why he was fired. But he has had several run-ins with the law since 2011.

Among other things, Nolen?s rap sheet includes arrests for possession of a controlled substance, assault and battery on a police officer, and escape from detention.

Maybe he's just crazy - lots of religious people are homicidal maniacs

Considering he was actively trying to convert people to Islam, don't get confused by these alleged markings of other religions. He was just following his Islamic State buddies in Syria and Iraq.

Again, thank God for the gun carrying executive who put a stop to this monster. Who knows how many more he would have killed if people had to wait for the police to arrive?

http://m.koco.com/news/medical-examin ... warehouse-attack/28262688

Posted on: 2014/9/27 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Nolen also had ?Jesus Christ? tattooed on his chest, ?Judah? on his left arm, and a pair of praying hands on his right arm, according to NewsOK.

It?s not clear how long Nolen worked at the factory or why he was fired. But he has had several run-ins with the law since 2011.

Among other things, Nolen?s rap sheet includes arrests for possession of a controlled substance, assault and battery on a police officer, and escape from detention.

Maybe he's just crazy - lots of religious people are homicidal maniacs

Posted on: 2014/9/27 0:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/26 23:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Another Muslim terrorist beheaded an American woman, and even worse because it happened on American soil. In Oklahoma.

Thank God a man at the scene had a gun and shot the terrorist, otherwise he would have killed more people.

I know he's black so you're thinking he's not like the others. But he had converted to Islam and was trying to convert his coworkers. Also a witness said he was screaming in Muslim chants as he was beheading the woman.

Posted on: 2014/9/26 23:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/26 21:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/26 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/26 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/26 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Thos rifles aren't all that huge, but they're certainly disconcerting when you first see them along with all the other gear they wear. More disturbing is that it's security theater, plain and simple - two heavily-armored cops are basically useless in the event of either:
- a lone suicide bomber (a lightly-armed, well-trained officer is just as likely to stop the terrorist, since they rarely carry guns anyway)
- a large-scale group of attackers (like in Mumbai or Kenya). Two PA cops would be outgunned/outmanned in that situation.

They put those guys there to make us feel better. Plus, the overtime must be nice for them.

Posted on: 2014/9/26 16:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/21 20:12
Group:
Registered Users
I saw two of the "beefed up" PA officers yesterday at Exchange Place and they looked like storm stroopers. They were just strolling around amongst the general publice with riot gear and huge assault rifles (at least I think that's what they were, I'm not a gun person). They were huge weapons that looked very out of place and alarming just out in the open like that. I'm not down there very often and hadn't heard about the threat yet, so I assumed that it was an everyday thing, which I found kind of disturbing. Glad to hear there's a (somewhat) legit reason.

Posted on: 2014/9/26 13:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
It's rare to hear even Peter King concede that the threat is basically not there. But who cares? The marketing campaign of fear continues while certain people get very, very rich. Meanwhile, problems that actually affect the lives of millions of people continue to be ignored.

Posted on: 2014/9/26 1:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
all that OT must add up

Posted on: 2014/9/26 1:23

Jersey City beefs up security after Iraqi PM's statement on potential subway attacks by ISIS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City beefs up security after Iraqi PM's statement on potential subway attacks by ISIS

By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
September 25, 2014 at 7:12 PM

Jersey City is beefing up security in light of Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi's statement today at the United Nations that the terror group ISIS is planning to attack subways in the U.S. and Paris.

?The Jersey City Police Department is consulting with our federal law enforcement partners through our representation on the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force to determine the extent of any possible threat,? Jersey City Public Safety Director James Shea said of al-Abadi?s statement.

?We are also coordinating with the Port Authority Police regarding PATH service and stations and will deploy emergency service teams to do unscheduled patrols at transit locations throughout the city.?

The police department is also paying special attention to places of worship, including synagogues and mosques. All patrol officers have been made aware of the threat and its possible impact on Jersey City, Shea said.

The director said that over the long term the department has also added training for police response to active shooter or terrorist incidents and has scheduled multiple tabletop exercises over the next several weeks focusing on malls as the holidays approach.

Shea said the Police Department will also be holding a major joint preparedness operation with the Department of Homeland Security and FBI in early 2015.

Following al-Abadi?s statement, a White House National Security Council spokeswoman said no such plot has been confirmed and federal officials would have to review any information the Iraqis have before making further determinations.

The Hudson County Office of Emergency Management is also awaiting further information and noted that U.S. Rep. Peter King (NY), who chairs the House Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, said ?there is absolutely no evidence of it at all.?

?It?s a worrying thing,? said Devrim Akman of al-Abadi?s statement as he left the Journal Square PATH Station today. ?You could say I?m scared because I?m supposed to be scared.?

Asked if he was concerned, Kelving Rodriguez quickly said ?No? as he left the PATH station. ?I really can?t let this bother me,? Rodriguez said. ?I have to go on living my life. If I?m on a train and it happens, then it happens.?

As Tanya Davis entered the PATH building, she too, said she was not afraid.

?God up there takes care of all things.? Davis said.

As U.S. airstrikes on ISIS targets were underway in Syria yesterday, Gov. Chris Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that they signed a memorandum on security that will boost police and National Guard presence on mass transit.

?Over the next 100 days, law enforcement and military personnel will join forces within the metropolitan area to engage in counterterrorism operations by increasing visibility, inspections and surveillance on and at trains and train stations, airports, landmarks, and bridges and tunnels,? according to Christie?s office.

Also in response to the threat of terrorism, New York and New Jersey will participate in a joint emergency exercise in the coming months.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/09/post_621.html

Posted on: 2014/9/26 1:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017