Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Sharpton to March Against Police Brutality in Jersey City on Saturday
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
DTJC, I didn't delete it. It got deleted.

No one is arguing protesting police brutality is bad. And I don't agree with most of what Monroe says.

The overriding point is that police killing of black youths is singnificantly outpaced by killings by other black youths. That's a statistical fact. That said, Sharptons resources would be better spent focusing on the real issue as I just mentioned.

And morons who reply to that with "agh, scared old white guys" are too stupid to realize their ignorance helps to keep that fact alive.

WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT YOUR PROBLEM. We're too boring and uninteresting for that. We're too busy buying khakis and antiquing and that all dumb shit.

If you're going to protest in the interest of the black community, protest the gangs, and the lack of parenting. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.

So ...don't hold the government and public servants accountable because you have bigger issues to tackle first? Sorry - that's simply a dumb argument and a deflection.

Think of it as a surgeon who is about to operate on a patient with severe cancer. But rather than try removing the massive tumors sticking out of the patient's midsection, he spends his time trying to extract a small mole on the patient's forearm.

Bullshit analogy.

You wouldn't let a surgeon operate a mole - never mind a cancer - if you didn't trust them. That's what we're dealing with.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
dtjc refuses to acknowledge the divisiveness, the lies, the abject racist performance of Al 'Tawana' Brawley and his history as a race baiter.

Supporting Tawana Brawley, who falsely claimed she was raped by a group of white men, smeared with dog shit, and left in a garbage bag-when it was patently untrue, smearing good men, is a pox on this scumbag. At least she was finally located, decades later, and has her wages garnished to pay the penalties the courts assigned her. It was hundreds of thousands of dollars, as I recall.

Not to mention his 'white interloper' racist comments which led to more racial strife in NYC.

Not to mention his not paying his 'fair share' ie his tax obligations, including Federal withholding tax. And I'm leaving behind the 'Reverend' committing adultery with a succession of women.

And we're supposed to take this charlatan seriously? The low information types do I guess. Do they identify with him?

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
JJ comments:

Quote:
Amazing two more people murdered in Newark in the last 3 days. A woman stabbed to death on Wednesday and a store owner shot to death on Friday afternoon and the group is protesting police brutality in Jersey City? Go figure.

Quote:
Hey Carolyn Oliver-Fair if you think the JCPD is doing crappy job in the community why not have your march down MLK at midnight to 2 am. Let?s see who you go running to for help.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

No one is arguing protesting police brutality is bad. And I don't agree with most of what Monroe says.

The overriding point is that police killing of black youths is singnificantly outpaced by killings by other black youths. That's a statistical fact. That said, Sharptons resources would be better spent focusing on the real issue as I just mentioned.

And morons who reply to that with "agh, scared old white guys" are too stupid to realize their ignorance helps to keep that fact alive.

WHITE PEOPLE ARE NOT YOUR PROBLEM. We're too boring and uninteresting for that. We're too busy buying khakis and antiquing and that all dumb shit.

If you're going to protest in the interest of the black community, protest the gangs, and the lack of parenting. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.

So ...don't hold the government and public servants accountable because you have bigger issues to tackle first? Sorry - that's simply a dumb argument and a deflection.

Think of it as a surgeon who is about to operate on a patient with severe cancer. But rather than try removing the massive tumors sticking out of the patient's midsection, he spends his time trying to extract a small mole on the patient's forearm.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
White men aren't your problem, stupid. Your fellow brotha man is. Jesus Christ, do you guys read from the same script??

What the #OOPS# do you mean, "you guys"?

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
White men aren't your problem, stupid. Your fellow brotha man is. Jesus Christ, do you guys read from the same script??

Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
I'd rather stick my knob in a pencil sharpener than try to have a discussion with any of the sad, scared old white men on this website.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Thank you for proving me right brotha. Rather than offer an counter argument, it's the same, tired bullshit over and over again.

Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

What's even funnier is that this blind adhesion to a brainless philosophy makes you guys more of an Uncle Tom than any well spoken conservative black man. Your willful and blatant blindness to the real causes and solutions for the black community helps further the cause of this fictional white oppression you speak of (hope that twists your mind a little).

Holy cow, check out this white guy telling them what kind of black people they should be. Yes massa! For fucks sake.

nyrgravey8 - I wish I had caught your original post before you deleted it - where you say "Monroe was spot on". Tell me you haven't joined Monroe's circle-jerking master-baiting club.

Have a read of the aims of the protest in the JJ piece -listed below. Any of those aims seem unreasonable? Monroe has been using his typical smear tactics to deflect from the issues. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the public demanding accountability from any arm of the government - exercising their right to free speech - and doing so peacefully. Why do you think there's a problem with this? Seriously?

Quote:

According to Oliver-Fair, although the group is angry about the issues their communities face, the march will be peaceful.

?We need to come to the table and discuss these issues intelligently,? she said. ?We need to draw attention to these issues.?

One goal of the group, according to Oliver-Fair, is to create a citizen review board in Jersey City. The board would be made up of civic leaders, human rights advocates and other grass roots organizers.

According to a press release, some of the goals of the march are ?building trust again? and ?unifying actions for the betterment of community safety.?

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
I'd rather stick my knob in a pencil sharpener than try to have a discussion with any of the sad, scared old white men on this website.

It's not white men that are killing young black men in Greenville, it's other black men that they're afraid of.

That's the truth that Al 'Tawana Brawley' Sharpton is afraid to confront. And unwilling. Because it would hurt him financially.

Does his group in North Jersey pay their taxes? Maybe arresting anyone involved would generate some cash to support community outreach in Greenville, as they owe MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Thank you for proving me right brotha. Rather than offer an counter argument, it's the same, tired bullshit over and over again.

Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

What's even funnier is that this blind adhesion to a brainless philosophy makes you guys more of an Uncle Tom than any well spoken conservative black man. Your willful and blatant blindness to the real causes and solutions for the black community helps further the cause of this fictional white oppression you speak of (hope that twists your mind a little).

Holy cow, check out this white guy telling them what kind of black people they should be. Yes massa! For fucks sake.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 2:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/27 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Mayor Fulop shouldn't let this profiteering hypocritical piece of shit inside the city limits.

In Africa they call these hucksters Big Men. In America they've become more sophisticated.

Posted on: 2014/9/27 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Oh, you're afraid.

I'll tell you what-if Al 'Tawana Brawley' Sharpton goes for a solo walk down Ocean Avenue at 1 AM I'll do the same the next day.

Posted on: 2014/9/26 23:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Oh, you're afraid.

Posted on: 2014/9/26 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Monroe, why don't you organize a pro- brutality counter-protest

Huh?

I'm just saying that black on black violence far, far outweighs police brutality issues. (Check ANY WEEKEND IN CHICAGO).

Besides, I can't legally carry in JC, so I'd be at a disadvantage to those illegally carrying in Greenville.

Posted on: 2014/9/26 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
Monroe, why don't you organize a pro- brutality counter-protest

Posted on: 2014/9/26 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Sharpton's group to hold 'march against police brutality' in Jersey City

By Patrick McGovern | The Jersey Journal
on September 26, 2014 at 5:17 PM, updated September 26, 2014 at 5:18 PM

The North Jersey chapter of the National Action Network will march down Martin Luther King Drive in Jersey City on Saturday to protest what it calls ?police misconduct, prosecutorial misconduct, and police shootings in our city.?

?It?s open season on young black men,? said Carolyn Oliver-Fair, president of the North Jersey chapter of the NAN. The National Action Network, founded in 1991 by Rev. Al Sharpton, is a civil rights organization with chapters throughout the country.

According to Oliver-Fair, although the group is angry about the issues their communities face, the march will be peaceful.

?We need to come to the table and discuss these issues intelligently,? she said. ?We need to draw attention to these issues.?

In June and July there were three police-involved shootings in Jersey City, two of them fatal.

-- On June 24, Lavon King, 20, was shot dead by a police officer in a shed behind a home on Ege Avenue. Police said King was identified that day as being wanted on outstanding warrants. Police say the chase ended in King's death when King struggled with the officer for the officer's gun.

Last month King's family said they would be filing a wrongful death lawsuit.

-- On July 13, Lawrence Campbell was shot dead by police officers after he shot and killed a Jersey City police officer who was responding to a report of an armed robbery outside a drug store. Authorities say Campbell was wanted in a murder and that he told a bystander that he was going to do something that would make him famous.

-- On July 15, a man attacked a Jersey City police officer inside his marked vehicle this morning and was shot twice by police a block from a memorial for Campbell.

The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office said this week that the fatal shootings of King and Campbell are still under investigation and it has refused to release copies of their autopsy reports.

One goal of the group, according to Oliver-Fair, is to create a citizen review board in Jersey City. The board would be made up of civic leaders, human rights advocates and other grass roots organizers.

According to a press release, some of the goals of the march are ?building trust again? and ?unifying actions for the betterment of community safety.?

The march is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. at MLK Drive and McAdoo Avenue. The demonstrators will go north on MLK Drive to Clinton Avenue, where the march will end at 3 p.m.

Jersey Journal Link

Will he march in Newark and Paterson, where two young black girls were murdered by black youths? Maybe he'll stop by Walgreens, where the young, college grad bi-racial rookie cop was shot by a gangbanger and lay a wreath?

Go for the low hanging fruit, you dirtbag 'Reverend'. Black youths are shot exponentially more by their peers than police. And maybe the government would have more money to spend on community relations if you PAID YOUR TAXES, you deadbeat scumbag.

Thug violence is a problem, I agree. But shouldn't we have higher standards for cops than thugs? Cop violence aint no joke, either.

Go after every dirty cop, regardless of their color. But if you begin with trying to save lives, go after the low hanging fruit. Black on black killing is a vastly larger problem than the few cops who do the same.

It seems like Sharpton and his ilk value black lives more when they're killed by police than the xxxxxx that are killed by their peers.

Why? Because there is money in it for them?

Posted on: 2014/9/26 22:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

The North Jersey chapter of the National Action Network will march down Martin Luther King Drive in Jersey City on Saturday to protest what it calls ?police misconduct, prosecutorial misconduct, and police shootings in our city.?

?It?s open season on young black men,? said Carolyn Oliver-Fair, president of the North Jersey chapter of the NAN. The National Action Network, founded in 1991 by Rev. Al Sharpton, is a civil rights organization with chapters throughout the country.

In June and July there were three police-involved shootings in Jersey City, two of them fatal.

-- On June 24, Lavon King, 20, was shot dead by a police officer in a shed behind a home on Ege Avenue. Police said King was identified that day as being wanted on outstanding warrants. Police say the chase ended in King's death when King struggled with the officer for the officer's gun.

-- On July 13, Lawrence Campbell was shot dead by police officers after he shot and killed a Jersey City police officer who was responding to a report of an armed robbery outside a drug store. Authorities say Campbell was wanted in a murder and that he told a bystander that he was going to do something that would make him famous.

-- On July 15, a man attacked a Jersey City police officer inside his marked vehicle this morning and was shot twice by police a block from a memorial for Campbell.

The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office said this week that the fatal shootings of King and Campbell are still under investigation and it has refused to release copies of their autopsy reports.

The march is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. at MLK Drive and McAdoo Avenue. The demonstrators will go north on MLK Drive to Clinton Avenue, where the march will end at 3 p.m.

Jersey Journal Link

Will he march in Newark and Paterson, where two young black girls were murdered by black youths? Maybe he'll stop by Walgreens, where the young, college grad bi-racial rookie cop was shot by a gangbanger and lay a wreath?

Go for the low hanging fruit, you dirtbag 'Reverend'. Black youths are shot exponentially more by their peers than police. And maybe the government would have more money to spend on community relations if you PAID YOUR TAXES, you deadbeat scumbag.

Thug violence is a problem, I agree. But shouldn't we have higher standards for cops than thugs? Cop violence aint no joke, either.

Posted on: 2014/9/26 22:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
I would have bet anything that Monroe would be the first to post and............ I would have won.

Al 'Tawana Brawley' Sharpton and his group owes millions of dollars in back taxes.

You're ok with that?

Posted on: 2014/9/26 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I would have bet anything that Monroe would be the first to post and............ I would have won.

Posted on: 2014/9/26 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
This guy is nothing but a trouble maker. Well at least he will be in a remote area of the city.

Posted on: 2014/9/26 21:51

Edited by heights on 2014/9/26 22:10:23
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Jersey Journal Link

Posted on: 2014/9/26 21:39

Sharpton to March Against Police Brutality in Jersey City on Saturday
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey Journal Link

Posted on: 2014/9/26 21:30

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017