Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
78 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 78

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 23 »

Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

LOL, the liberal rage is palpable.

Hilarious that you totally missed the point. The point was that notions that the US fought for independence to get away from racist gits and for egalitarian purposes is basically the opposite of reality. The founding fathers were rich white men that largely owned slaves and the Brits were more progressive, eliminating slavery long before we did. They didn't want to pay British colonial taxes, plain and simple.

Do I really need to point out the obvious on black culture?

The British abolishing slavery ahead of other countries, was simply part of their trade war on the Americas and other nations - and not down to enlightenment, nor egalitarianism. The brits continued to rape nations until the 20th century - when wars bankrupted their empire and they were forced to release their "subject" nations from virtual slavery aka serfdom.

America kicked out the brits, not because of their tax on tea, but because of the british tyranny in the form of undemocratic, ethnocentrist and class-ridden imperialistic government.

The US constitution laid the foundation for a global bill of human rights - including the abolition of slavery -well before the brits thought of it.

The British were more progressive? You are out of your tiny mind. (Read up of the history of Africa).

You can't compare colonization and outright slavery. Colonization was about ownership of resources in places like Africa. Slavery was outright ownership of people. While you can say both are bad, they are nowhere near equally bad. The notion that the UK abolished slavery as part of a "trade war" against the Americas is laughable. The US was not a serious economic or military power until long after slavery ceased to be a global issue. Frankly, your knowledge of history (either US or British) is severely lacking. It was, in fact, due to abolitionist political support that slavery in the UK was outlawed.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_Trade_Act_1807 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_Abolition_Act_1833

As to the "egalitarianism" of the founding fathers - lol. Seriously. These were a bunch of wealthy businessmen a bunch of which owned slaves. But you know a big difference between the young US and the UK? Taxation. Income tax in the UK hit around 1800, while in the US it came into being (at a lower rate) during WW1. There were some other great causes for the revolutionary war, such as British reluctance to let colonists violate treaties with the natives and steal their land in places like the Ohio Valley. But feel free to look at the American Revolution like someone looking at clouds and see what you want to see, rather than spending some time to learn about the actual history.

Anyway, enough educating you for one night.

Posted on: 2014/9/25 2:20

Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
More lies, or are you not reading your own articles again?
The Whistle Stop did not burn down. It says so in the very article you posted, that there was a small fire that was put out with a garden hose.

So to recap, no business burned down, no looting and no shots fired.

Ok, burned down is not accurate, I'll give you that. One or more members of the community put gasoline around the Whistle Stop, set it on fire, but the fire was put out and nothing burned down. Unlike you who can't admit that you didn't read about the looting of the beauty shop, despite it being prominently discussed in both articles, I will admit that I misread the part about the fire.

So to recap, two officers injured, one nearly blinded. A beauty shop was looted for the third time and had its windows smashed in. Ironically, it had the banner "BEAUTY TOWN IS BACK!" in the front window. Arson was committed against a business owner who strongly supports the Ferguson community, but the arson was unsuccessful.

And for what? Because the memorial to Big Brown the robber burned down due to its own candles?

Posted on: 2014/9/25 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned
More lies, or are you not reading your own articles again?
The Whistle Stop did not burn down. It says so in the very article you posted, that there was a small fire that was put out with a garden hose.

So to recap, no business burned down, no looting and no shots fired.

Posted on: 2014/9/25 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
JCman8, if you have proof there were other shots fired apart from what police now attribute to a car running over a water bottle, i'd very much like to see it.
Like the broken eye socket, like the looting last night, all lies.

Like a true troll, we can focus on one tiny detail all you want. We don't know whether there were other shots fired at the police or just the water bottle. It really doesn't matter. If you prefer, you can take my post and delete the part about shots being fired at the police.

Fact is that two police officers were injured last night by the Ferguson mob, one almost blinded.

Fact is you lied. You said there was no looting other than a broken window. Fact is both the ABC article and the business owner said there was looting, and during the looting one of the fine Ferguson residents tried walking out with the cash register.

Fact is the Ferguson community burned down another business for no reason, a custard stand called the Whistle Stop. If you want to know what's just rich, look at the following quote from the CNN article.

Quote:
Last month, the Whistle Stop's owner, Charles Stark, 26, spoke to CNN and described Ferguson as a place that bands together in tough times, "neighbor helping neighbor."

Oops. More like neighbor robbing neighbor and burning down his business.

But that's par for the course for the Ferguson community. Try not to complain too much when Ferguson turns into even more of a slum than it already is after all the businesses move out.

Posted on: 2014/9/25 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Hilarious that you totally missed the point. The point was that notions that the US fought for independence to get away from racist gits and for egalitarian purposes is basically the opposite of reality. The founding fathers were rich white men that largely owned slaves and the Brits were more progressive, eliminating slavery long before we did. They didn't want to pay British colonial taxes, plain and simple.

The British abolishing slavery ahead of other countries, was simply part of their trade war on the Americas and other nations - and not down to enlightenment, nor egalitarianism. The brits continued to rape nations until the 20th century - when wars bankrupted their empire and they were forced to release their "subject" nations from virtual slavery aka serfdom.

America kicked out the brits, not because of their tax on tea, but because of the british tyranny in the form of undemocratic, ethnocentrist and class-ridden imperialistic government.

The US constitution laid the foundation for a global bill of human rights - including the abolition of slavery -well before the brits thought of it.

The British were more progressive? You are out of your tiny mind. (Read up of the history of Africa).

Posted on: 2014/9/25 0:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

I am undeniably elitist, but elitists are not necessarily racists. In fact, elitists are unlikely to be racist as they would almost always choose someone of a higher class that is a minority over someone of a lower class of their same race. So this doesn't answer my question at all. I suspect the real answer is that OS only knows how to paint someone a racist so she sticks with that tactic and it comports with her worldview that any white people that disagree with her must be sheet wearing racists.

fair comment and true for some elitists!

Fair? On the course of this thread DA has moved from a supposed ethnocentrist view ("defective black culture") to a professed elitist, class-ridden view.

These aren't mutually exclusive. What we have here is poor black culture. Now, poor white culture also sucks, but tends to produce different criminality than what you see here. But culture is everything. I don't see how anyone can deny that.

Quote:
Thought that was one reason we kicked out the British.

It's still stereotyping and prejudice - whether it's based skin color, ethnicity or class. Pretty repugnant however you want to label your hate.

No, we kicked out the British because we didn't want to pay taxes. Seriously. We had slavery for almost another century afterward, class discrimination is still legal. So obviously that wasn't why we kicked out the British, who in fact banned slavery long before we did.

You're still master baiting.

Why do you think black culture is "defective"? Why do you think the poor can't rise above their designated station in life, and should be exiled to to another planet?

And, shit-for-brains, the Brits abolished slavery AFTER the American Revolution.

Stop trying to justify your blatant racism.Honestly DA - if we met on the street, I'd be tempted to kick your pasty-white ass black and blue.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
JCman8, if you have proof there were other shots fired apart from what police now attribute to a car running over a water bottle, i'd very much like to see it.
Like the broken eye socket, like the looting last night, all lies.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 23:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Score one for DA, the British abolished slavery decades before we did, which is what he said, no? So the 'shit for brains' comment should be self directed.

"And, shit-for-brains, the Brits abolished slavery AFTER the American Revolution."
- is what I posted.

Go look up your history books you sfb.

What is the point of your comment? He never said the Brits abolished slavery before the American Revolution so who cares? You are off your meds again.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Score one for DA, the British abolished slavery decades before we did, which is what he said, no? So the 'shit for brains' comment should be self directed.

"And, shit-for-brains, the Brits abolished slavery AFTER the American Revolution."
- is what I posted.

DA didn't say we abolished slavery before the Brits. He said they abolished it before we did, which was true. Your comment about them abolishing it after the American Revolution made zero sense in the context of that argument, so your silly 'shit for brains' comment made no sense.

Except maybe to you, which is no surprise

Posted on: 2014/9/24 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

- is what I posted.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/24 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

I am undeniably elitist, but elitists are not necessarily racists. In fact, elitists are unlikely to be racist as they would almost always choose someone of a higher class that is a minority over someone of a lower class of their same race. So this doesn't answer my question at all. I suspect the real answer is that OS only knows how to paint someone a racist so she sticks with that tactic and it comports with her worldview that any white people that disagree with her must be sheet wearing racists.

Fair? On the course of this thread DA has moved from a supposed ethnocentrist view ("defective black culture") to a professed elitist, class-ridden view.

These aren't mutually exclusive. What we have here is poor black culture. Now, poor white culture also sucks, but tends to produce different criminality than what you see here. But culture is everything. I don't see how anyone can deny that.

Quote:

It's still stereotyping and prejudice - whether it's based skin color, ethnicity or class. Pretty repugnant however you want to label your hate.

No, we kicked out the British because we didn't want to pay taxes. Seriously. We had slavery for almost another century afterward, class discrimination is still legal. So obviously that wasn't why we kicked out the British, who in fact banned slavery long before we did.

You're still master baiting.

Why do you think black culture is "defective"? Why do you think the poor can't rise above their designated station in life, and should be exiled to to another planet?

And, shit-for-brains, the Brits abolished slavery AFTER the American Revolution.

Stop trying to justify your blatant racism.Honestly DA - if we met on the street, I'd be tempted to kick your pasty-white ass black and blue.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 22:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
You mean the shots that police now say was a car running over a bottle of water?
The windows were smashed, which of course is not good, nothing was taken from the store.
You want peace? Then give us justice.

I knew you were just a troll.

The fine Ferguson community continues to loot, commit arson, and shoot at police, all in support of a robber. I wonder why they are dissatisfied with their lot in life?

"Around 11 p.m. local time, a car ran over a water bottle, making a popping sound, police said. The sound seemed to spook people, but it was determined that the popping was not a gunshot."

From the very ABC article you yourself posted below.
Looks like your adult literacy advocacy would be better served on yourself.

Another classic Old Skool troll response. It's undisputed that the "people" in Ferguson were throwing rocks at the cops and two were injured. We don't know whether the water bottle was why the cops said they were getting shot at or if that was independent.

More to the point, you have embarrassed yourself again defending the behavior of the Ferguson people. You've already proven you can't read, as the beauty shop business owner confirmed that looters tried to walk out of the store with the cash register. I'm sure they looted some weaves while they were at it...but certainly not any school supplies!

It's also proven that they burned a custard store to the ground.

So what was this latest wave of looting, arson, and attacking the police for? Because their memorial to Big Brown the robber burned down due to its own candles?

Posted on: 2014/9/24 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
You mean the shots that police now say was a car running over a bottle of water?
The windows were smashed, which of course is not good, nothing was taken from the store.

I agree, we should get justice by arresting rioters and throwing them in prison with lengthy sentences. And if we consistently do that we'll get peace.

Oh, and Darren Wilson should get a medal. :)

Posted on: 2014/9/24 20:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Quote:

Posted on: 2014/9/24 20:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:

The fine Ferguson community continues to loot, commit arson, and shoot at police, all in support of a robber. I wonder why they are dissatisfied with their lot in life?

"Around 11 p.m. local time, a car ran over a water bottle, making a popping sound, police said. The sound seemed to spook people, but it was determined that the popping was not a gunshot."

From the very ABC article you yourself posted below.
Looks like your adult literacy advocacy would be better served on yourself.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 19:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Where does it say the cop was black?
How does the killing of an armed burglar equate with the murder of an unarmed Mike Brown with his hands up.

Reuters. Who knows if the child was the armed one? And there is zero proof that Brown had his hands up, or that it was murder. I'm sure the 14 year old didn't expect to be shot entering an empty building in late afternoon either by a black officer.

http://www.vagazette.com/sns-rt-us-usa-louisiana-shooting-20140902,0,1124565.story

Posted on: 2014/9/24 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
How does the killing of an armed burglar equate with the murder of an unarmed Mike Brown with his hands up.

Reuters. Who knows if the child was the armed one? And there is zero proof that Brown had his hands up, or that it was murder. I'm sure the 14 year old didn't expect to be shot entering an empty building in late afternoon either by a black officer.

http://www.vagazette.com/sns-rt-us-usa-louisiana-shooting-20140902,0,1124565.story

Posted on: 2014/9/24 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/24 18:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/9/24 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Candles galore amidst stuffed toy animals is a recipe for a fire, it's not like Fulop sending in people to dismantle the cop killer memorial.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
I can read fine, there was no looting. Show me a police report.

Oh Old Skool, so silly and ignorant.

That article made it pretty clear but CNN has a front page story that goes even further. "And a business owner said looters tried to make off with his cash register." We know the "business owner" is the beauty shop because the ABC article confirmed it has now been looted three times since the riots began in support of Big Brown.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/24/us/ferg ... ests/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The CNN article also shows that the Ferguson crowd burned down a frozen custard stand. So they are back to the familiar looting and arson they displayed to the nation several weeks ago. Got to fight the "oppression" in the name of social justice, am I right?

Finally, we see that they were shooting at police, and two officers were injured, one by a rock thrown at his face. That community up to their old tricks again!

Posted on: 2014/9/24 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I can read fine, there was no looting. Show me a police report.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Also the window of the beauty supply store had a brick thrown through the window. There was no looting.

Learn to read. Right from the article.

"The crowd then made its way towards Beauty Town on West Florissant Avenue and began to loot the store."

Posted on: 2014/9/24 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Also the window of the beauty supply store had a brick thrown through the window. There was no looting.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 17:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/9/24 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
14 year black child killed by cop-a black cop. Will there be outrage over this?

http://news.yahoo.com/louisiana-14-ol ... ltercation-043911512.html

Good question. I think many of the people "outraged" over Ferguson are hypocrites so the answer is no.

Meanwhile back in Ferguson, the fine folks there are back to looting.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/protesters-l ... l-brown/story?id=25718679

Posted on: 2014/9/24 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Fair? On the course of this thread DA has moved from a supposed ethnocentrist view ("defective black culture") to a professed elitist, class-ridden view. Thought that was one reason we kicked out the British.

Posted on: 2014/9/24 12:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
14 year black child killed by cop-a black cop. Will there be outrage over this?

http://news.yahoo.com/louisiana-14-ol ... ltercation-043911512.html

Posted on: 2014/9/24 11:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/23 22:12
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 23 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017