Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 23 »

Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
When reading the above post replace the word "bums" with "niggers" and we'll closer to the crux of devilsadvocate's beef.

Serious Q - do you actually believe this? And if so, why? In other words, why would you think I have any "beef" with upper middle class and above minorities, black or otherwise? And why do you believe I would be happy living with poor white people?

e?lit?ism or ??lit?ism n.

1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

I am undeniably elitist, but elitists are not necessarily racists. In fact, elitists are unlikely to be racist as they would almost always choose someone of a higher class that is a minority over someone of a lower class of their same race. So this doesn't answer my question at all. I suspect the real answer is that OS only knows how to paint someone a racist so she sticks with that tactic and it comports with her worldview that any white people that disagree with her must be sheet wearing racists.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 22:04

Re: Black community responds to police shooting of unarmed black teenager by looting businesses
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
When reading the above post replace the word "bums" with "niggers" and we'll closer to the crux of devilsadvocate's beef.

Serious Q - do you actually believe this? And if so, why? In other words, why would you think I have any "beef" with upper middle class and above minorities, black or otherwise? And why do you believe I would be happy living with poor white people?

e?lit?ism or ??lit?ism n.

1. The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.
a. The sense of entitlement enjoyed by such a group or class.
b. Control, rule, or domination by such a group or class.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 21:50
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/23 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/2 20:54
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/9/23 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Its just a thought listers, not be read as a gospel statement

Not really convinced that this is more prevalent (even on a per capita basis) in Ferguson type suburbs than in poor urban neighborhoods. Do you have any statistics to back that up?

Seriously, I have lived in several large cities of which NYC is actually the safest. In a place like Chicago, stuff like what happened in Ferguson is absolutely no big deal. We used to have huge mobs of inner city youth that would suddenly decide to attack random people just because. Forget shootings and robberies, they happened by the dozens on weekends. Yes, MB attacked a guy and robbed a store, but lets not pretend like he would be a perfectly nice guy if he were just in a nice inner city slum instead.

EDIT: Here is a nice article on what goes on in Chicago: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles ... -in-obama-s-hometown.html

http://blog.metrotrends.org/2013/01/g ... iolence-poor-people-stay/
Via the above link
"The answer is surprising. While we know that isolating our poorest residents is really bad for them, it turns out that segregating the rich and poor leads to the worst outcomes for a city as a whole. Economic integration, where the rich and poor live side by side, leads to the safest cities".

http://sites.duke.edu/urbaneconomics/?p=1092

http://www.urbancentre.utoronto.ca/pd ... trifrication-Help-or-.pdf

Rational discussion: None of that really addresses your theory that inner city urban youth moving to the suburbs leads to worse results than if they remained in the city. The first link addresses concentrations of poverty, but that can exist in an urban or suburban environment. The second and third links address gentrification more generally.

Emotionally based discussion: Anyway, no one seems to want to consider my proposal of using these individuals to colonize the moon or mars or something (the "blast them into space" plan). Seriously, screw these bums, and screw any plan that forces people who aren't bums to live with the bums.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Not really convinced that this is more prevalent (even on a per capita basis) in Ferguson type suburbs than in poor urban neighborhoods. Do you have any statistics to back that up?

Seriously, I have lived in several large cities of which NYC is actually the safest. In a place like Chicago, stuff like what happened in Ferguson is absolutely no big deal. We used to have huge mobs of inner city youth that would suddenly decide to attack random people just because. Forget shootings and robberies, they happened by the dozens on weekends. Yes, MB attacked a guy and robbed a store, but lets not pretend like he would be a perfectly nice guy if he were just in a nice inner city slum instead.

EDIT: Here is a nice article on what goes on in Chicago: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles ... -in-obama-s-hometown.html

http://blog.metrotrends.org/2013/01/g ... iolence-poor-people-stay/
Via the above link
"The answer is surprising. While we know that isolating our poorest residents is really bad for them, it turns out that segregating the rich and poor leads to the worst outcomes for a city as a whole. Economic integration, where the rich and poor live side by side, leads to the safest cities".

http://sites.duke.edu/urbaneconomics/?p=1092

http://www.urbancentre.utoronto.ca/pd ... trifrication-Help-or-.pdf

Posted on: 2014/9/23 14:30
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I often wonder if gentrification played apart in this issue ?
Most cities are proactive towards gentrification and thus the less fortunate socioeconomic groups of citizens are forced out of cities where the 'jobs' are.

Small communities like Ferguson simply don't have the infrastructure, services and facilities to deal with huge numbers of unemployed and the working poor, nor would they have programs and projects to 'entertain' the increased youth population.

It would be fair to say that even their police force would be less equiped (officer training and resources) to deal with the problem.

Didn't you get the memo? No matter what the problem is, or how outrageous the behavior, it is always the white man's fault somehow.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Most cities are proactive towards gentrification and thus the less fortunate socioeconomic groups of citizens are forced out of cities where the 'jobs' are.

Small communities like Ferguson simply don't have the infrastructure, services and facilities to deal with huge numbers of unemployed and the working poor, nor would they have programs and projects to 'entertain' the increased youth population.

It would be fair to say that even their police force would be less equiped (officer training and resources) to deal with the problem.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Man, you sure have a hard on for Sharpton, the Don King of social justice.
Anyway, are the people who murdered this poor girl being protected by the police and prosecutors the way Darren Wilson is?

Posted on: 2014/9/23 12:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
And no marching or comments from the usual race-baiters like Al Sharpton over the killing of a 14 year old girl in nearby Paterson by, apparently, two other young teens.

http://rlsmedia.com/article/source-tw ... shooting-14-year-old-girl

This follows the shooting death of another young girl in Paterson this summer, along with the killing of the girl who just graduated HS in Newark this summer as well.

Posted on: 2014/9/23 10:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/21 4:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
LOL!

"The teen told police the altercation began as he discussed theatrical productions he?d been in, the affidavit says. The teen explained that he believes that a good actor has to have an ?athletic state of mind.?

Solo then told him he was ?too fat and overweight and crazy to ever be an athlete,? according to the court document.

The teen responded by calling Solo a name, told her to get out of the house and then walked into another part of the house. Solo followed him and called him crazy again, the document says.

He told Solo that she and her father were crazy, according to the affidavit. Solo charged him, punched him in the face and tackled him, the court document alleges.

When the teen?s mother tried to intervene, Solo attacked her as well, the document says. The teen tried to pull Solo off his mother and then broke a wooden broom over her head, the document says."

Posted on: 2014/9/20 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
Why is there no media on Brendan Tevlin?

The same reason there is no media coverage on this story.. shall we go on.. I don't think so.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 19:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, as a progressive individual who likes to keep up to date with the news, I was shocked to find out about this poor kid so far after his tragic murder. To find the first article about this on Fox News has truly made me question what is going on with mainstream media today.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 9:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
All I have learnt is that Ferguson must have a high crime rate when you have so many 'opportunist looters' !

FAB you are correct. Before this incident, Ferguson had a property crime rate more than 60% above the national average.

http://www.areavibes.com/ferguson-mo/crime/

Posted on: 2014/9/20 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
He is A Muslim who somehow thinks he is doing ISIS a favor. I would brand him deranged before I call him a terrorist. I would like to know why this case was brought up in this thread if not to spread more hate on something utterly stupid.

Finally, you have a reasonable post I can agree with. I didn't bring the case up but I'd imagine the poster was upset a white boy was murdered and the national media largely ignored it. You'll have to ask him for more details.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 0:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
He is A Muslim who somehow thinks he is doing ISIS a favor. I would brand him deranged before I call him a terrorist. I would like to know why this case was brought up in this thread if not to spread more hate on something utterly stupid.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 0:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
The guy can come up with any kind of excuse to kill people and all of a sudden he's Osama bin Laden? Hell, he's not even some dumb shoe bomber. I think the Feds have better fish to fry than this loser.

I agree. He's already caught, they just need to determine if he was working with others.

My issue was with you crying about "Muslim hate" and pretending that "everyone who sneezes the wrong way" could be considered a terrorist.

When the truth is he is Muslim and gave the same reasons for killing that terrorists do. If you don't want to be lumped in this category it's pretty easy not to.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
All I have learnt is that Ferguson must have a high crime rate when you have so many 'opportunist looters' !

If trust and confidence in law and it's institutions breaks down, anarchy is one result. What happened in Ferguson was that kind of breakdown. Personally I don't agree with it, but I get it.

It shouldn't be a surprise...

Posted on: 2014/9/19 23:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The guy can come up with any kind of excuse to kill people and all of a sudden he's Osama bin Laden? Hell, he's not even some dumb shoe bomber. I think the Feds have better fish to fry than this loser.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 23:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/19 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Only morons would think looters are doing so 'in support' of anything. Has it really come to this? This thread just making people stop using their brain out of hate.

And if you think broadening a crime to a 'hate crime' seems odd but not to terrorism... dude, you've got issues.

Broadening "a crime" to terrorism would indeed be wrong. Too bad that isn't what this is. We have a Muslim man telling the police he killed people solely because of the actions of the American government in the Middle East. Maybe you've been living under a rock but that's kind of what terrorism is (assuming he's telling the truth, of course).

Some perspective.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/t ... orism-watch-list-in-2008/

Posted on: 2014/9/19 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Only morons would think looters are doing so 'in support' of anything. Has it really come to this? This thread just making people stop using their brain out of hate.

And if you think broadening a crime to a 'hate crime' seems odd but not to terrorism... dude, you've got issues.

Broadening "a crime" to terrorism would indeed be wrong. Too bad that isn't what this is. We have a Muslim man telling the police he killed people solely because of the actions of the American government in the Middle East. Maybe you've been living under a rock but that's kind of what terrorism is (assuming he's telling the truth, of course).

Posted on: 2014/9/19 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/19 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
JCMan8 is out on the JClist racial caucus/beer night for being too dumb.
Monroe is still in and I'm buying.

Why don't you race baiters and crooked cop defenders start a thread about the WHITE survivalist currently OPPRESSING cops by shooting 6 of them and hiding out in woods of BABYLON (the Poconos).

If the local white community looted stores and rioted in support of this scumbag white survivalist, you better believe I'd start a thread. Funny how that never seems to happen though.

True dat.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:

Why don't you race baiters and crooked cop defenders start a thread about the WHITE survivalist currently OPPRESSING cops by shooting 6 of them and hiding out in woods of BABYLON (the Poconos).

If the local white community looted stores and rioted in support of this scumbag white survivalist, you better believe I'd start a thread. Funny how that never seems to happen though.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/9/19 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Tevlin's killer isn't a true jihadist in my view, just a depraved, worthless piece of shit loser that will rot in hell. And it scared the crap out of us, since he was killed down the street from our golf club (and we know he was camping out less than a mile away the whole time he was on the lam).

Posted on: 2014/9/19 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Old-Skool-JC wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Do you actually know anything about the murder? Doesn't sound like you have a clue what you're talking about.

Well clearly you don't, the kid he killed was the 4th murder after he'd murdered two gay black guys and another black dude.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
A hate crime would be if he killed the guy because he was white. Which is not the case. So you couldn't be more wrong.

Noooo, you thundering dunderhead, hate crimes apply to more than just white people.

"Although state laws vary, current statutes permit federal prosecution of hate crimes committed on the basis of a person's protected characteristics of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability."

If he killed all these people because they were American or non-muslim, then it is a hate crime. I don't believe that was the case, but if you do then it is a hate crime.

Using this extremely broad definition of "hate crime," the 9/11 hijackers were not terrorists but instead merely committed a hate crime because they killed people just for being Americans.

Now if you want to say one can be both a terrorist and commit a hate crime, I'd agree with you. But that's not at all what the clueless person I responded to said. The fact that the terrorist killed people of different races reinforces the idea that he was a terrorist (in the traditional sense) as opposed to committing hate crimes (in the traditional sense).

Finally, the entirety of your post predictably consists of scarecrows, as I did not say hate crimes only apply to white people. So much anger and hostility towards someone you invite for a beer :(

Posted on: 2014/9/19 16:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Do you actually know anything about the murder? Doesn't sound like you have a clue what you're talking about.

Well clearly you don't, the kid he killed was the 4th murder after he'd murdered two gay black guys and another black dude.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
A hate crime would be if he killed the guy because he was white. Which is not the case. So you couldn't be more wrong.

Noooo, you thundering dunderhead, hate crimes apply to more than just white people.

"Although state laws vary, current statutes permit federal prosecution of hate crimes committed on the basis of a person's protected characteristics of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability."

If he killed all these people because they were American or non-muslim, then it is a hate crime. I don't believe that was the case, but if you do then it is a hate crime.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 16:42

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 23 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017