Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Re: City Employee Caught on Vulgar Rant
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I often wonder if society does prefer an inefficient government, so it doesn't encroach on their freedoms and liberties!

If Hansson had the power to have CCTV and officers working 24/7, we'd complain how 'big brother' was in our face and we had lost our perceived privacy in public.

Posted on: 2014/9/21 4:12
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Unlike the posters here even the Jersey Journal thinks there should be an apology:
http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... ge_rant.html#incart_river

I'm happy to see that most of the comments on that article agree with the posters on this board.... No apology needed.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Unlike the posters here even the Jersey Journal thinks there should be an apology:
http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... ge_rant.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/9/20 13:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Sorry, TheWrathOfCane you hide behind your phony name like a robber committing a crime in disguise. You have no integrity.

When I clicked on TWoC's screen name I saw his name and community. If that's hiding, he was probably the last kid picked when Hide and Go Seek teams were formed.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 12:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/18 21:14
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Sorry, TheWrathOfCane

While your apology is appreciated, it's the city you truly need to apologize to. I hope this is the beginning of an era of humility for you.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheWrathOfCane wrote:

Here is their facebook profile. https://www.facebook.com/shiestydhafukkin

This facebook profile is so stereotypical it is almost like a satire.

Want to know why Jersey City school performance sucks no matter how much money we throw at it? Or why Ferguson happened? Or the answer to any number of problems plaguing society that people just don't know the answer to?

Just look through that profile and the various people who comment.

FYI, this is one of the videos posted on the page that people "like."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9u-JCEv_hU

Posted on: 2014/9/20 2:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, TheWrathOfCane you hide behind your phony name like a robber committing a crime in disguise. You have no integrity.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 2:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

You really need to share pictures like this with us.

Here is their facebook profile. https://www.facebook.com/shiestydhafukkin

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

You are afraid to reveal who you are while I am not.

My identity is anonymous but I speak the truth. You are not anonymous, but your words are dishonest and brimming with hate. Browse your bible to see which is considered a sin. :)

Quote:
You, TheWrathOfCane are just another Fulop supporter who is hanging on dearly to Fulop's coattails

I didn't vote for him.

Quote:
This reminds of the terrorist who wear masks while that behead Americans or attack innocent people.

LOL! This coming from the person who holds City Council meetings hostage to their ego and actually bores a majority of the public away from civic participation. If I thought you were smarter, I'd think that might be your goal.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 2:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
...Take a look at the Faceook profile of the guy who shot the video. A picture with a guy blatantly smoking a blunt...

You really need to share pictures like this with us.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

On Bostwick Avenue in Jersey City, little change after trash-talking video
[/url]

Wow what a shocker. Lowlifes continue to be lowlifes. I'll help Brooke understand the lesson she now is painfully (and publicly) realizing: the litter situation will never change unless most of the local residents are forcibly removed and replaced by higher class people. The problem is the people, not any policy of the city's. Good luck with that.

Posted on: 2014/9/20 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheWrathOfCane wrote:
As a long time reader largely timid of contributing to the petty hostility on this forum, here is a simple sum up. A city beureacrat who did not run for office returned to her home on 9/11, llikely after a long day of work, and lost her cool with non-residents who make noise into late hours and throw garbage onto her doorstep. Curious as to why she was there? Google her name and you can find her address through a particular public info webpage, and you'll see it's her home. She's an employee that nobody has ever heard of until now, who only is getting attention because the typical drama hounds on jclist have considered this the latest great thing.

For those of you who have been grandstanding on this, and arguing for why she should be placed in the public stocks, here's where you dropped the ball. Myself, and numerous others who live in this city, initially didn't think this was the type of behavior that should occur from a public employee off hours, particularly given Fulop's earlier statement. However, you've taken it to such a far stretech in your search for blood, that your agenda is beyond transparent. This isn't something that a beureacrat needs to get fired for. It's something that, at best, requires a verbal reprimand, which has more than likely already occurred as of Monday at the latest. She wasn't caught urinating on a concert crowd or driving drunk. She lost her cool with people who are a nuisance right outside her door.

Think that isn't what happened? Take a look at the Faceook profile of the guy who shot the video. A picture with a guy blatantly smoking a blunt. Take it from there. This was a self indulgent crowd that has no care for the community where they decide to party. Yes, she lost her cool. But, the discussion of why she did it, and why she needs to be beheaded, is completely absurd.

Frankly, Yvonne, and the rest of you jackals that have chimed in on this, you are part of what makes claiming to be from Jersey City so embarrassing at times. Your hate is transparent. Your pettiness and ignorance in your pursuit of being some form of local hero makes pre-schoolers look like a bastion of maturity.

Seriously, shame on you. I'm waiting for this to finally die so your lot can go back to cheering you having to rant about possibly having to bake cakes for gay couples who want to marry.

Bravo!!

Posted on: 2014/9/20 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
"I'm behind her 100 percent," said Derek Spann, 51, who said he used to live in the home where Hansson lives now.

Spann said that corner, Bostwick Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive, attracts loiterers and litterers. Hansson probably snapped, he said.

Resized Image

"It gets to you," Spann said. "If you had seen how much trash was outside, you'd have done it, too."
On Bostwick Avenue in Jersey City, little change after trash-talking video

Posted on: 2014/9/20 0:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/20 18:54
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Exactly.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you are going to attack someone be honest and state who you are, your ranting and ravings are just distracting.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 21:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you are going to attack someone be honest and state who you are, your ranting and ravings are just distracting.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 21:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/20 18:54
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know why I bother responding, but Yvonne's response below is just another example of her completely ignoring someone's well thought out counter-argument and changing the subject completely. I am sure she is going to respond to this post by completely ignoring what I wrote and changing the subject again.

In my opinion, TheWrathOfCane's post perfectly captures the situation.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
To TheWrathOfCane who wrote: "Frankly, Yvonne, and the rest of you jackals that have chimed in on this, you are part of what makes claiming to be from Jersey City so embarrassing at times. Your hate is transparent. Your pettiness and ignorance in your pursuit of being some form of local hero makes pre-schoolers look like a bastion of maturity." I find these words silly, for someone to use the words "transparent" but has the name TheWrathOfCane. You are afraid to reveal who you are while I am not. As a person who lived 40 years on Van Vorst Park, I was tired of hearing screaming adults and dogs barking at 3:00 AM in the morning. And that includes the noise that woke up my sick babies who thankfully are now adults. The people I found screaming in Van Vorst Park was high on something. People should be held accountable for their actions, they do not live in isolation in an urban environment. You, TheWrathOfCane are just another Fulop supporter who is hanging on dearly to Fulop's coattails and I pity the lack of courage to use your real name, especially when you attack someone. This reminds of the terrorist who wear masks while that behead Americans or attack innocent people. They cover their face, lack of courage, while they commit unspeakable crimes.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheWrathOfCane wrote:
As a long time reader largely timid of contributing to the petty hostility on this forum, here is a simple sum up. A city beureacrat who did not run for office returned to her home on 9/11, llikely after a long day of work, and lost her cool with non-residents who make noise into late hours and throw garbage onto her doorstep. Curious as to why she was there? Google her name and you can find her address through a particular public info webpage, and you'll see it's her home. She's an employee that nobody has ever heard of until now, who only is getting attention because the typical drama hounds on jclist have considered this the latest great thing.

For those of you who have been grandstanding on this, and arguing for why she should be placed in the public stocks, here's where you dropped the ball. Myself, and numerous others who live in this city, initially didn't think this was the type of behavior that should occur from a public employee off hours, particularly given Fulop's earlier statement. However, you've taken it to such a far stretech in your search for blood, that your agenda is beyond transparent. This isn't something that a beureacrat needs to get fired for. It's something that, at best, requires a verbal reprimand, which has more than likely already occurred as of Monday at the latest. She wasn't caught urinating on a concert crowd or driving drunk. She lost her cool with people who are a nuisance right outside her door.

Think that isn't what happened? Take a look at the Faceook profile of the guy who shot the video. A picture with a guy blatantly smoking a blunt. Take it from there. This was a self indulgent crowd that has no care for the community where they decide to party. Yes, she lost her cool. But, the discussion of why she did it, and why she needs to be beheaded, is completely absurd.

Frankly, Yvonne, and the rest of you jackals that have chimed in on this, you are part of what makes claiming to be from Jersey City so embarrassing at times. Your hate is transparent. Your pettiness and ignorance in your pursuit of being some form of local hero makes pre-schoolers look like a bastion of maturity.

Seriously, shame on you. I'm waiting for this to finally die so your lot can go back to cheering you having to rant about possibly having to bake cakes for gay couples who want to marry.

+1 !!!

Posted on: 2014/9/19 21:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
To TheWrathOfCane who wrote: "Frankly, Yvonne, and the rest of you jackals that have chimed in on this, you are part of what makes claiming to be from Jersey City so embarrassing at times. Your hate is transparent. Your pettiness and ignorance in your pursuit of being some form of local hero makes pre-schoolers look like a bastion of maturity." I find these words silly, for someone to use the words "transparent" but has the name TheWrathOfCane. You are afraid to reveal who you are while I am not. As a person who lived 40 years on Van Vorst Park, I was tired of hearing screaming adults and dogs barking at 3:00 AM in the morning. And that includes the noise that woke up my sick babies who thankfully are now adults. The people I found screaming in Van Vorst Park was high on something. People should be held accountable for their actions, they do not live in isolation in an urban environment. You, TheWrathOfCane are just another Fulop supporter who is hanging on dearly to Fulop's coattails and I pity the lack of courage to use your real name, especially when you attack someone. This reminds of the terrorist who wear masks while that behead Americans or attack innocent people. They cover their face, lack of courage, while they commit unspeakable crimes.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 19:37
From Soho West
Group:
Registered Users
I applaud her for speaking the truth. There are times when I wanted to make such statements to people loitering, littering, and generally behaving like pieces of crap. We see too much of it in Jersey City and enough is enough.

People are hating on her because she is an "interloper", yes god forbid someone highlight the problems plaguing one of the poorest neighborhoods in NJ instead of working some patronage mill position while Rome burns.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheWrathOfCane wrote:

Well said!

Posted on: 2014/9/19 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Post of the week.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 13:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/19 3:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Are people really still talking about this? Move along.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 2:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/19 0:07
From Pizza City
Group:
Registered Users
Finally! Someone has enough balls to say something about the useless lowlifes who litter in Jersey City! So what if she works for the City? Former Mayor Heally was photographed with his weewee exposed while in a drunken stupor, across the street from an elementary school no less. He then told the newspaper that it was the fault of some little Spanish girls-not women-little girls, but no one asked him to resign. Now someone who no one knew existed a few days ago may have gotten drunk and ranted about the pigs who dirty our City and shes being beat up for it. Get over it.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/18 1:42
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Ho Hum. Much Ado About Nothing.

Brooke Hansson, I love it! Way to go and EXPERTLY done!

Posted on: 2014/9/19 1:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Understood. But the writer of the letter was not speaking to a board. S/he wrote a letter to a private news organization. S/he was not looking to implement political policy. It is my opinion (since I don't know what this person's motivations were for sure), that s/he was trying to express another side to Rivera's original call to have BH fired. I personally think that in this instance anonymity to express another side of the issue was ok. But we don't have to agree on that.

It was the JJ's call to publish it. If you feel they shouldn't have, a letter to them directly might be the best course of action. If they had published it "name withheld," would that have made a difference to you? I do believe there are instances where people are afraid to voice their opinion bc of fear of retribution. This seems like a good way to handle it. But again, if you disagree, you could certainly write a letter to the JJ to argue the point.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 0:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
This has become completely ridiculous. My stars! She used vulgarity! Like the guys hanging on a corner at 3 am have never heard such things.

A few years back I came home to an old wino urinating on my front steps. I used more choice words than Brooke did, and if there's a video floating around I'll be happy to show it to my boss. I'm pretty sure I won't get fired.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 0:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
But we don't speak before any board whether public or private anonymously.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jctexan wrote:
I hope that happens on both sides of this...no more yelling at strangers at 3am when you've finally hit your breaking point, and no more folks causing all kinds of noise and throwing garbage at someone else's house. Go home and do that in your own home if you want to act that way.

Ha, that's a good one! Did you see the people in that video? We will see pigs fly before your hope is realized.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 23:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
He seems to be dismissing this as "leave the past well enough alone, let's move forward and hope this doesn't happen again." I sort of agree with him, although I hope that happens on both sides of this...no more yelling at strangers at 3am when you've finally hit your breaking point, and no more folks causing all kinds of noise and throwing garbage at someone else's house. Go home and do that in your own home if you want to act that way.

As for the "we don't do anonymous" it's a cute catchphrase, but patently untrue. Politics for citizens (non-public official) is entirely anonymous. We vote anonymously, with curtains and everything, and that's exactly how it should be, so that one is not punished (for lack of a better word) for his/her vote. So can't agree with you on that one.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 22:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Mirror, mirror on the wall who's the nicest one of them all .... You Yvonne, only you [/quote]

To quote Dan Rivera, "I don't do anonymous." Speak to me using your real name or just be quiet.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 22:24

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017