Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
144 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 144

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Alleged serial tip jar thief hitting Jersey City stores caught on tape
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
The jar at Fussy Friends wasn't a tip jar you fucking loser, it was a donation jar for CAT a non profit organization in Jersey City. Did you read the article where it said donation jar. Get a fucking clue Troll.

BeatrixPotterKiddo: What difference does it make WHAT kind of jar was stolen? The point is that the real alleged "fucking loser" was helping himself to something which clearly didn't belong to him.

Posted on: 2014/11/4 6:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/21 0:04
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Please. It's a tip jar. I'm glad he stole it and hope he continues on his "rein of terror," stealing the sacrosanct tip jars and all, lol. The "tip jar" is a relatively new phenomenon in the latest incarnation of American Capitalism. Like the induction of fee structures courtesy the financial industry (fee for this and fee for that,) everybody is squeezing the next guy for as many pennies as possible. Straight up joke, shouldn't ever be no tip jar, wasn't that way in the seventies, I can attest. Obviously the "offender" has spent a few nights without the necessities most take for granted. F***ing America and its Capitalist ethos.

Just remember people, what goes around comes around and as the great divide between the haves and have nots continues to widen, there gonna be trouble in the waters in the not too distant.

Tipping is optional, so who is being squeezed?

If I decide to tip - I'd like to be able to split the tip up between the waiter/server/cook/owner and whoever contributed to my experience. Double-the-tax is pretty neanderthal - as are tip jars. My bill should tell me who did what - so I can allocate a tip (if any).

you might be overthinking this.

My thoughts exactly.
#payatipandleave

Posted on: 2014/10/25 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Please. It's a tip jar. I'm glad he stole it and hope he continues on his "rein of terror," stealing the sacrosanct tip jars and all, lol. The "tip jar" is a relatively new phenomenon in the latest incarnation of American Capitalism. Like the induction of fee structures courtesy the financial industry (fee for this and fee for that,) everybody is squeezing the next guy for as many pennies as possible. Straight up joke, shouldn't ever be no tip jar, wasn't that way in the seventies, I can attest. Obviously the "offender" has spent a few nights without the necessities most take for granted. F***ing America and its Capitalist ethos.

Just remember people, what goes around comes around and as the great divide between the haves and have nots continues to widen, there gonna be trouble in the waters in the not too distant.

If I decide to tip - I'd like to be able to split the tip up between the waiter/server/cook/owner and whoever contributed to my experience. Double-the-tax is pretty neanderthal - as are tip jars. My bill should tell me who did what - so I can allocate a tip (if any).

good luck with that

Posted on: 2014/10/2 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:

you might be overthinking this.

Posted on: 2014/10/2 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/2 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/10/2 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/18 1:42
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Straight up joke, shouldn't ever be no tip jar, wasn't that way in the seventies, I can attest.

I left the ghetto dictionary in my other briefcase, can someone translate this sentence?

Seriously, why did you fail out of middle school? "Straight up joke, shouldn't ever left school"

ahhh, nada y peus nada. Guess Vindication15 hasn't a reply, lol.

Posted on: 2014/10/2 0:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
Eyewitness News WABC-TV Video:

http://7online.com/news/police-search ... y-city-businesses/314527/

I saw these guys in front of Torico's yesterday, and was hoping they were covering the laughable installation of a stop sign that 4 out of 5 cars blow right through.

but nope. it was the Tip Jar Bandit

Ahhh HA HA HA!!! Too funny, the media crew was out in full force. What a joke!

Posted on: 2014/9/20 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Straight up joke, shouldn't ever be no tip jar, wasn't that way in the seventies, I can attest.

I left the ghetto dictionary in my other briefcase, can someone translate this sentence?

Seriously, why did you fail out of middle school? "Straight up joke, shouldn't ever left school"

Most literacy courses emphasize "meaning-making" when transacting with text. From an authorial standpoint, I'd say I hit the nail right on the proverbial head. Because, most people know what is meant when they read the sentence you call into question. MOST people do anyway, lol. Sorry if your sense of decorum was somehow offended!

Posted on: 2014/9/20 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
Eyewitness News WABC-TV Video:

http://7online.com/news/police-search ... y-city-businesses/314527/

I saw these guys in front of Torico's yesterday, and was hoping they were covering the laughable installation of a stop sign that 4 out of 5 cars blow right through.

but nope. it was the Tip Jar Bandit

Posted on: 2014/9/19 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/19 6:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/18 21:14
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
I hope the inevitable trial and incarceration was worth the random $40 dollar heists.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 4:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/19 3:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
The jar at Fussy Friends wasn't a tip jar you fucking loser, it was a donation jar for CAT a non profit organization in Jersey City. Did you read the article where it said donation jar. Get a fucking clue Troll.

Ah yes. The FAR more pressing societal issue of saving stray cats. Lol. (for the uninitiated, CAT is an acronym, lol.)

Funny thing is while some are trying to assign the mantle of Robin Hood, "fight the man" superhero to this guy he's probably just a desperate drug addict.

If someone was to "fight the man," this means stealing from big corporations, not the minimum wage worker.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:

Ah yes. The FAR more pressing societal issue of saving stray cats. Lol. (for the uninitiated, CAT is an acronym, lol.)

Funny thing is while some are trying to assign the mantle of Robin Hood, "fight the man" superhero to this guy he's probably just a desperate drug addict.

Posted on: 2014/9/19 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Please. It's a tip jar. I'm glad he stole it and hope he continues on his "rein of terror"....

Somehow I doubt you'd be so sanguine if it was your wages he was stealing.

Quote:
The "tip jar" is a relatively new phenomenon in the latest incarnation of American Capitalism.

Tipping has been around for decades. (He was also stealing donation jars.) And why does the alleged novelty of a tip jar give him the right to steal it?

Quote:
Like the induction of fee structures courtesy the financial industry (fee for this and fee for that,) everybody is squeezing the next guy for as many pennies as possible.

There is no requirement for you, or anyone else, to tip in these situations. It's a gratuity, and it's optional. No one is getting squeezed here.

Quote:
Obviously the "offender" has spent a few nights without the necessities most take for granted.

We don't know his situation. But whatever it is, I don't see how it justifies theft, especially theft from workers who aren't paid much in the first place.

Quote:

Some guy stealing tip jars is a harbinger of an anarcho-syndicalist revolution? Who knew?

Posted on: 2014/9/19 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/19 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Low life's will always exist and lets just hope his soap falls in the shower block in prison !

Posted on: 2014/9/18 22:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/18 21:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Damn dude, who shit in your garden? As I'm sure you're aware, the U.S. doesn't force it's citizen to live by it's rules if you don't agree with them, you're more then welcome to leave.

And please take your soapbox with you, shouldn't be too cumbersome as it's already empty.

Nah, this is all I know, America. And besides, when the revolution comes, it?ll need all the help it can get. Seizing control of the military is no chip shot.

A simple point connecting the tip jar to neoliberal capitalism is a soapy box? Wow, seems kind of draconian, a person can?t make public an obvious linkage between inhumanity and a tip jar without someone complaining about a soap box. Please.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Damn dude, who shit in your garden? As I'm sure you're aware, the U.S. doesn't force it's citizen to live by it's rules if you don't agree with them, you're more then welcome to leave.

And please take your soapbox with you, shouldn't be too cumbersome as it's already empty.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 21:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Sounds fantastic! I look forward to the future and the days when street justice is commonplace, and shitbags that think they can screw over the "haves" (the people who work hard at their jobs in this case) can get their hands cut off like in many other parts of the world.

Right. There's a civilized and humane thought.

Are the people at the bottom of the current socioeconomic paradigm stealing from those above them? Or, is it the other way around, as with the housing crisis? Maybe you missed that one, lol. And, maybe if the owner paid a better wage, there would be no need for a tip jar.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 20:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:

Sounds fantastic! I look forward to the future and the days when street justice is commonplace, and shitbags that think they can screw over the "haves" (the people who work hard at their jobs in this case) can get their hands cut off like in many other parts of the world.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/18 20:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Stealing money out of tip jars is pretty low. As strange as it may sound, it's one thing to steal products from a large business like a grocery store or department store that have theft margins, but money out of a tip/charity jar is like stealing money right out of a person's pocket.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
I don't give a crap whether or not the OP uses alleged. I care that this guy is stealing from some local businesses and will keep an eye out. I would guess he will be caught soon enough. A couple of the businesses have pretty damn clear shots of him.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
This is not an alleged thief. They have irrefutable proof through video camera footage.

I agree, I'd bet my life he did the crime, but in US criminal law...

""allegation" is an unproven accusation. For example, a person suspected or accused of committing the offense of burglary may be referred to as an "alleged burglar." The word "burglar" should not be used alone without "alleged" unless the accused has pled guilty or been convicted at trial.
We use the term "alleged" because it is not uncommon for a person to be falsely accused of a crime and also because the presumption of innocence is a fundamental right in all modern nations, including the United States."

http://www.pacefirm.com/faq/alleged.html

So I won't bother to give a shit if I see the "alleged" thief who "allegedly" stole the tip jar at Torico's and Fussy Friends if I see him, because afterall without irrefutable proof it's just stipulation....oh wait.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

What an alleged creep. Someone has got to know him in the area.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
This is not an alleged thief. They have irrefutable proof through video camera footage.

I agree, I'd bet my life he did the crime, but in US criminal law...

""allegation" is an unproven accusation. For example, a person suspected or accused of committing the offense of burglary may be referred to as an "alleged burglar." The word "burglar" should not be used alone without "alleged" unless the accused has pled guilty or been convicted at trial.
We use the term "alleged" because it is not uncommon for a person to be falsely accused of a crime and also because the presumption of innocence is a fundamental right in all modern nations, including the United States."

http://www.pacefirm.com/faq/alleged.html

Posted on: 2014/9/18 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
Quote:

Seagull wrote:

I believe that until a person is convicted of a crime most publications refer to them as "alleged" for legal reasons.

What legal reasons? The definition of "Alleged" is:

(of an incident or a person) said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality.

There is irrefutable proof in this case, thus there is no legal issue
with calling a thief a thief.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 19:06

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact