Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

Re: City Employee Caught on Vulgar Rant
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If Brooke Hansson, does not have a problem with substance abuse, then she has a problem with her temper. God forbid, she has a child and loses her temper, this behavior is not acceptable. This forum, in which most use phony names, is trying to analyze me. Personally, I think, you should start analyzing yourself and ask why you would hide behind a phony name.

If Yvonne, does not have a problem with substance abuse, then she has a problem with her temper. God forbid, she has a grandchild and loses her temper, this behavior is not acceptable. This forum, in which most use phony names, is trying to analyze me. Personally, I think, you should start analyzing yourself and ask why you would hide behind a phony name.

Mirror, mirror on the wall who's the nicest one of them all .... You Yvonne, only you

Posted on: 2014/9/18 21:59
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/18 21:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
That seems to be a closed group, is there a publicly available version?

Posted on: 2014/9/18 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hudson County View:
Councilman Dan Rivera on Brooke Hanson...we don't do anonymous:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158850127526978/

Posted on: 2014/9/18 21:06

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
It is not recommended to use personally identifiable information in a public forum (i.e., your real name). You never know what people might do with it. Especially with neighborhood and street information available publicly (tax records).

But I do agree that ganging up on someone and hiding behind an anonymous user name is not very nice at best, and cowardly at worst. The personal attacks on this forum sort of keep me from wanting to participate more. It bums me out to read such meanness all the time. I'm not claiming to know what got everyone to this point, but it's a bummer.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 21:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If Brooke Hansson, does not have a problem with substance abuse, then she has a problem with her temper. God forbid, she has a child and loses her temper, this behavior is not acceptable. This forum, in which most use phony names, is trying to analyze me. Personally, I think, you should start analyzing yourself and ask why you would hide behind a phony name.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Updated Jersey Journal Poll Results as of 9/18

Should Jersey City employee Brooke Hansson be fired for her expletive-laced rant on Bostwick Avenue?

Yes 51% (3,566 votes)

No 49% (3,426 votes)

Total Votes: 6,992

Posted on: 2014/9/18 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I get the feeling you don't live on a block where this rampant littering and loitering by degenerates is rampant. She does. It's also absurd you'd want a formal apology from her for simply stating the truth.

But people like you take the predictable position of foisting all your fauxrage on one side, while absolving the other of any responsibility. And your implication that you'd remind the group of people in this video that you don't appreciate their behavior is laughable. We both know you'd do no such thing.

Today, I do live on fairly clean block in Jersey City, but after many years of living both here and in Philadelphia, which you may also know as Filthadelphia, I?m not some bumpkin who just fell off the turnip truck. Regardless, my current or past experience has nothing to do with the behavior of a public employee.

A formal apology would be an opportunity for the City to demonstrate that it does not support a double standard, which is exactly what the lack of an apology implies. Even the National Football League is doing a better job with damage control as of late. After all, the Mayor has made it very clear that public employees are expected to conduct themselves appropriately as representatives of the City, both on and off the clock. You may notice that?s exactly what most of the individuals employed by the City actually do, but Ms. Hansson?s stunt was an obvious exception to that rule and it warrants more than a place under the rug.

I?m not sure what part of her tantrum you?re calling ?the truth,? but I?m certainly willing to believe the ?I hear noooooise? part. If anything, she would have at least heard the echo of her own voice. I?m also not sure where you?re reading any ?rage? into my words, faux or otherwise, and it?s weird that you think I?m lying, as if talking to a litterbug without being aggressive is that difficult, but you can believe whatever you want.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Ahem...

Going after Yvonne and her uninformed, unfair insinuation doesn?t change the face of Ms. Hansson?s unprofessional conduct or justify the absence of a formal apology. It also doesn?t change the implied double standard that it?s acceptable for a public employee to lash out abusively like a petulant teen who isn?t getting a new iPhone, so long there are no political consequences for the Mayor or his Administration.

I don?t like litter either, and I never miss an opportunity to open my mouth and remind people I catch in the act that their behavior isn?t appreciated, but it?s not for me to scold them or call them ?garbage,? and it?s certainly not for a person who represents the City of Jersey City in a professional capacity.

I get the feeling you don't live on a block where this rampant littering and loitering by degenerates is rampant. She does. It's also absurd you'd want a formal apology from her for simply stating the truth.

But people like you take the predictable position of foisting all your fauxrage on one side, while absolving the other of any responsibility. And your implication that you'd remind the group of people in this video that you don't appreciate their behavior is laughable. We both know you'd do no such thing.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ahem...

Going after Yvonne and her uninformed, unfair insinuation doesn?t change the face of Ms. Hansson?s unprofessional conduct or justify the absence of a formal apology. It also doesn?t change the implied double standard that it?s acceptable for a public employee to lash out abusively like a petulant teen who isn?t getting a new iPhone, so long there are no political consequences for the Mayor or his Administration.

I don?t like litter either, and I never miss an opportunity to open my mouth and remind people I catch in the act that their behavior isn?t appreciated, but it?s not for me to scold them or call them ?garbage,? and it?s certainly not for a person who represents the City of Jersey City in a professional capacity.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
As far as I am concerned all employees, not just first responders, should have drug tests for employment. Yes, I do think Ms. Hansson has a problem.

What about mental disease before speaking at Council meetings? Can we institute that rule PLEASE?!?!?!?!

Posted on: 2014/9/18 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
So now we are playing the "deny mode." You show that video to anyone who deals with this problem and you would get a different answer.

Thank you for the expert opinion Dr. Balcer! So- being intoxicated and loud means you have alcohol disease? Shit- I wouldn't go to a bar on a Saturday night or else we will have you diagnosing an entire business' clientele! I assume you don't get out much, which is why your opinion is laughable.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
It is not about attacking Fulop, I want the same standard Fulop asked of the Healy Administration. I have not change but Fulop has.

I would argue your condition has changed Ms Balcer. You used to provide comic relief, kind of like the "village idiot" you would read about in the old days. Now- your obsessive behavior is kind of scary.

What is truly frightening, however, is what you will be like in a few years as you truly enter your twilight years and undoubtedly become more lonely and obsessed with the Mayor and anyone who isn't a right-winger. Flying spaghetti monster help us!

Posted on: 2014/9/18 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/18 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So now we are playing the "deny mode." You show that video to anyone who deals with this problem and you would get a different answer.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 17:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Ms. Balcer's comments strike me as rising to the level of libel.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This is what good Christians do, Make judgments? like their GD! go have a seat!

Posted on: 2014/9/18 16:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I worked at New Jersey Boystown and have witnessed similar behavior, the difference is - the students received treatment. There are different forms of addiction, not everyone drinks or takes drugs on a daily basis.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Yes, I do think Ms. Hansson has a problem.

From what you can see in a short video clip???

Posted on: 2014/9/18 16:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
As far as I am concerned all employees, not just first responders, should have drug tests for employment. Yes, I do think Ms. Hansson has a problem.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Really, yet people from this board including former Councilman Fulop called for the resignation of Steve Lipski from his board appointment by Healy. What I find amazing, Lipski apologized to the public and sought treatment for his addiction. It was clear on that video, Brooke also has some addiction problem.

Really? She has an addiction problem...? You know this based on one video that lasts several minutes...

I love the passing of judgment! Keep it up!

Posted on: 2014/9/18 15:59
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It is not about attacking Fulop, I want the same standard Fulop asked of the Healy Administration. I have not change but Fulop has.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Her behavior was not appropriate, no matter how you rationalize it, she appeared to be drunk. And what do drunks do? They lose control and scream their lungs out.

Which sounds like you at pretty much any council meeting. And Esther. And the woman who had the Fulop fixation. And the head of the firefighter's union.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
At its core, the "controversy" is perpetuated by those who don't like Fulop and are looking to score political points against him.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Really, yet people from this board including former Councilman Fulop called for the resignation of Steve Lipski from his board appointment by Healy. What I find amazing, Lipski apologized to the public and sought treatment for his addiction. It was clear on that video, Brooke also has some addiction problem.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Old videos of past are making their way on the internet. Nothing is sacred. So, if I did such a thing, I am sure regardless of time, it would be on the internet.

Again... not likely. However, why don't you keep up with the strawman arguments and the false dichotomies. I think you're great at it.

i also suggest continuing to pass judgment on others while claiming to be a good Catholic. It fits in perfectly with your personality.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 15:13
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Old videos of past are making their way on the internet. Nothing is sacred. So, if I did such a thing, I am sure regardless of time, it would be on the internet.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
No, I never went on a drunken rant, if I did, my neighbors would have saw me since I lived on Van Vorst Park for over 40 years. By the way, some neighbors back in the late 1970s had surveillance cameras on their property, so if I behaved like that I would be been recorded too.

Right... it would have been all over the internet... Oh wait... We didn't have that back in 1823.

But, congrats to you on being that fine upstanding citizen and then passing judgment on others! You're a model of virtue.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 14:36
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No, I never went on a drunken rant, if I did, my neighbors would have saw me since I lived on Van Vorst Park for over 40 years. By the way, some neighbors back in the late 1970s had surveillance cameras on their property, so if I behaved like that I would be been recorded too.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
She would be "out the door" in private employment if this caught the attention of her bosses.

Why?

(Granted, I probably should just continue to ignore the absurd strawman arguments you throw out there.)

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Most people here are giving her a pass because Hansson was yelling at young African-American males.

And you know this?how?

Once again, you like making up motives for people?

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
But if she was yelling at young white children, we might think different. Hansson is also giving a message to the young people in that community that it is OK to explode with vulgar language, it will not affect your job. The double standard is not the garbage on the ground, it is the pass she is getting on her language.

Really? Was she the one recording it? Was she standing there saying, ?People should follow my lead!?

I apologize, but in your 143 years on this planet, are you really going to claim that you?ve never in your life had a few too many to drink and possibly went off on a rant about something that was bugging you at the time. It?s just a good thing that that cell phones with cameras didn?t exist back when you were screaming at Thomas Paine and claiming that Common Sense was sticking with the status quo and not leaving the British Empire?

Quote:
One was done while at work the other was done at 3am. Get a clue.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 14:22
Dos A Cero

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017