Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Re: City Employee Caught on Vulgar Rant
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Who said this is a conspiracy? I didn't but I understand that the mad ravings at 3:00 AM and how it affects the people who live there. After living on Van Vorst Park, I had my share of 3:00 AM screaming and barking dogs. The rights of the people who were peacefully sleeping was disturbed by a person who appeared to be intoxicated.

Not quite the same thing as this situation. Brooke may have woken up a few people with her ranting, but with all those people sitting out in front of the liquor store at all hours socializing and drinking, people on that block must not get much sleep anyway.

So according to you, another screaming voice doesn't matter. Let's remember one thing, Brooke complained about the garbage not the noise. Her behavior was not appropriate, no matter how you rationalize it, she appeared to be drunk. And what do drunks do? They lose control and scream their lungs out.

I didn't say her behavior was appropriate, screaming like that is never appropriate. Not trying to rationalize what she did, just saying it was a different situation than what you mentioned. But I don't think it reflects on her ability to do her job, nor do I think there was anything racist about her ranting. You previously mentioned that if she had been yelling at a bunch of young white children (as opposed to older black men) people would be outraged. That is just nonsense to consider that example and bringing race into this whole thing is just silly. Young children (regardless of color) are usually not sitting out in front of a liquor at 3am, and I also think that Brooke would have more sense than to go cursing at a bunch of young children.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheJSQuare wrote:
She got a patronage job by sleeping with the chief of staff.

She is erratic and unstable, and not deserving of a job in City Hall.

LOL, I hope you're posting from public wifi! The subpoena is supposedly being written up now.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 4:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheJSQuare wrote:

Erratic and unstable seems to be a requirement for working in City Hall.

As for sleeping with the chief of staff, do you really think he was attracted to her?

Posted on: 2014/9/18 3:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/2/23 1:38
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
She complained about both the noise and the garbage.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 2:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/1 21:19
From JSQ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/18 0:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Who said this is a conspiracy? I didn't but I understand that the mad ravings at 3:00 AM and how it affects the people who live there. After living on Van Vorst Park, I had my share of 3:00 AM screaming and barking dogs. The rights of the people who were peacefully sleeping was disturbed by a person who appeared to be intoxicated.

Not quite the same thing as this situation. Brooke may have woken up a few people with her ranting, but with all those people sitting out in front of the liquor store at all hours socializing and drinking, people on that block must not get much sleep anyway.

So according to you, another screaming voice doesn't matter. Let's remember one thing, Brooke complained about the garbage not the noise. Her behavior was not appropriate, no matter how you rationalize it, she appeared to be drunk. And what do drunks do? They lose control and scream their lungs out.

Posted on: 2014/9/18 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/18 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/18 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This is the reason you support Hansson, you also use vile language. Unfortunately, she cannot hide behind a phony name like you.

You unfortunate person - You must think that everything that occurs in JC is some sort of conspiracy. I wouldn't know Hansson if she was walking past me in the street or would care if she did.

I'm sure there are medical prescriptions that could help your paranoid delusions

Posted on: 2014/9/17 23:25
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
One good thing did come out of this, a new term is being used in city government, "a brooke" as in the mayor threw a "brooke" today about this issue or that issue.

If true, this is troubling. Yes, it was an unfortunate thing for Ms. Hanson to do; but it doesn't merit getting fired.

That practice, however, almost turns her loss of composure and dignity into a badge of honor. That suggests a certain amount of contempt or a least a feeling of superiority over the people of the City. That's not good, not good at all.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This is the reason you support Hansson, you also use vile language. Unfortunately, she cannot hide behind a phony name like you.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

What heck as this got to do with a woman telling off adults in the middle of the night ? May I suggest you get tested for Alzheimers

May I suggest you take a course in manners.

Stop posting dumb ass articles that have nothing to do with the thread and is your stupid attempt to link two totally different events as some how the same.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 21:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

What heck as this got to do with a woman telling off adults in the middle of the night ? May I suggest you get tested for Alzheimers

May I suggest you take a course in manners.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
It's very funny how this sort of behavior was tolerated (celebrated, even) during the Healy years, but now people are trying to make it out to be the Benghazi of Jersey City. I wonder why that is?

Posted on: 2014/9/17 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think it make any difference. The mayor has gone underground on this issue. The the Chief of Staff, who is very close to her and buried the issue. case closed!!! One good thing did come out of this, a new term is being used in city government, "a brooke" as in the mayor threw a "brooke" today about this issue or that issue.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
I would like to see a poll showing support... to ticket people hanging out in front of liquor stores.

Ticket them for what? I don?t believe loitering in itself is a crime?for excellent reasons that benefit our free society?so a more telling question is: Would you like it to be?

Or are you really asking, "Should we force our will on people in order to get our way?"

Posted on: 2014/9/17 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Forgetting Jersey City employee Brooke Hansson for a moment -- I would like to see a poll showing support -- on sending around 2 police officers (on Saturday nights) -- to ticket people hanging out in front of liquor stores.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey Journal Poll Results

Should Jersey City employee Brooke Hansson be fired for her expletive-laced rant on Bostwick Avenue?

Yes 52.76% (2,833 votes)

No 47.24% (2,537 votes)

Total Votes: 5,370

(as of 10:00 am on 9/17/14)

Posted on: 2014/9/17 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/9/17 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I would not confront...

Not to mention that you, ?big guy,? would probably not have the same group of anonymous cheerleaders coming to your defense after the fact. It?s more likely that the many of the same people who are praising Ms. Hansson would read a lot more unbecoming aggression into the actions of city employee who also happened to be a large male. But no, it?s obvious that many are holding Ms. Hansson to a much lower standard than?giving her the benefit of the doubt?I assume she has for herself. What mature adult would want to be praised for throwing a tantrum in public?

Posted on: 2014/9/17 12:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
This is nothing more than a neighborhood beef, the jerks were out breaking the law, if they were loud and drinking in front of her place, littering the neighborhood. I would not confront a gang of guys at 3:00 but that is just me. All the other noise, yuppie versus poor, black /white is just additional speculation to build up the story. Think we need to leave the class warfare / race baiting comments alone. I think most of us can agree about litter on the streets, maybe her delivery was off but her message to these people was correct. She does not need to be removed from her job... at no time did she try abuse her connections to City Hall. Let's move on, nothing more to see here.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 3:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/17 1:40
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

donnajc65 wrote:
put it this way, if Healy was mayor and she worked in Healy's office, Steven would be all over this, this morning. Crying that she needs to go and its a continuing sign of the incompetence and ineptitude of the Healy administration and the need for change. Well Steven, add Brooke to Razzolli, the Chief, and a slew of others over the last year. Here is a reminder for you, YOU ARE THE CHANGE YOU HAVE BEEN SCREAMING ABOUT FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS.

Exactly!

Posted on: 2014/9/17 1:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I heard Fulop responded by saying,"If you think she's passionate about litter, you should hear her go on about potholes!" I thought that was a good response.

I do think her message was right, but the delivery was not the most well thought out. But I could see myself getting pushed there by the behavior she's having to put up with, by people she's probably interacted with on numerous occasions. It's just not cool to treat someone's house like that.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nokoolaid wrote:
Question #1. Didn't I read that she apologized to the Mayor for her conduct? If she did the right thing in her mind....what did she apologize for?

Maybe she felt an apology would make people like you feel better.

Question #2. Would she have addressed a bunch of white yuppies on Newark Avenue's Pedestrian Plaza in the same manner if she saw litter?
I believe she would if she lived there, but like most of the lynch mob you are not looking at the big picture its not just about the litter its a quality of life thing, People who don't live in your area hanging out and trashing around your property and blasting crappy 70's disco @ 3 AM

Question #3. When did the future Governor become some camera shy? Support her. Condemn her actions. Just take a position!
Perhaps the mayor knows that most people who want to see this young lady fired are peeps who want her job and don't live in Greenville, or don't care for him too much and want to see him squirm... Not because she did something wrong. So being silent is giving him an edge to help him win. If he was to fire her, I think that would be like spitting in every persons face who lives in GV, because we all feel the same way she does.

Last Question......How thrilled is the speed hump guy that she was ever born.

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer to people who ask dumb questions. Carry on.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCishome wrote:

This is exactly what's gotten us into this mess as a country - nothing is anyone's fault, that litter and trash got there on its own and what are you gonna do?

Here's the fact: those corners in that part of town are a disaster. It's young black people who hang on those corners. Those young black people are overwhelmingly poor. Draw your own conclusion, don't Google one.

Let me know when you get your Phd or completed a thesis on the topic - Put 'I believe' or 'I surmise' from 'personal experience' at the start of your comment ... It will help !

Posted on: 2014/9/17 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
They're definitely jerks. And race shouldn't matter, but it does, because we've created a country that marginalizes black men and diminished their sense of responsibility. And that's who's doing the trashing, along with a smattering of (mostly addicted) whites. Changing all this is almost too much to think about, but maybe that young woman is on the right track. Stop littering. It's simple, and it's a start.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
We need many more like Brooke.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 0:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/18 0:07
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Question #1. Didn't I read that she apologized to the Mayor for her conduct? If she did the right thing in her mind....what did she apologize for?

Question #2. Would she have addressed a bunch of white yuppies on Newark Avenue's Pedestrian Plaza in the same manner if she saw litter?

Question #3. When did the future Governor become some camera shy? Support her. Condemn her actions. Just take a position!

Last Question......How thrilled is the speed hump guy that she was ever born.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/9/17 0:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Well said, user. Just saw your response.

Posted on: 2014/9/17 0:49

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017