Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Rare respiratory virus EV-D68, could soon hit NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Anyone else heard of this?

Yes, I've been following this story for a number of weeks. This is a more serious and rare version of the common strain of enterovirus.

What's most concerning based upon the previous stories I read, is the rapid onset of symptoms in children that impede breathing. It seems to hit children with asthma quite hard and fast. Some children had to be intubated. More children than normally expected have been hospitalized with complications, based upon the reports I've read.

Here's the CDC information link:

http://www.cdc.gov/non-polio-enterovirus/about/EV-D68.html

Posted on: 2014/9/16 17:34

Rare respiratory virus EV-D68, could soon hit NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone else heard of this?

http://www.nj.com/healthfit/index.ssf ... rt_says.html#incart_river

Cases of a rare respiratory virus have been confirmed in New York and Connecticut, raising concerns that New Jersey children could soon be affected, several published reports indicate.

From mid-August to Monday, 104 children in 10 states have been confirmed to have respiratory illness caused by EV-D68, the Center for Disease Control said on its website.

The virus is in 21 states total, though not all the cases have been confirmed by the CDC.

While some people have just showed common cold symptoms, others have been wheezing and had trouble breathing, the report said. One-third of those diagnosed have had a high fever, according to NJFamily.com.

Outside of obvious signs of sickness, a person whose skin or ribs tighten while breathing should also be brought to an emergency room, the report noted.

Posted on: 2014/9/16 16:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017