Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Employment for Felons/ex convicts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know if this organization can help you, but I see their vans in midtown all the time, and the people they bring in seem to work pretty hard:

http://www.doe.org/what_we_do.cfm

The website might be a little confusing, but the organization works with both the homeless AND the formerly incarcerated.

Posted on: 2015/5/17 4:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/16 18:41
From Jersey
Group:
Registered Users
I had a pretty hard time finding employment.

If you just do a google search some things will pop up.

This gave me a list of jobs that hire felons.

http://www.hirefelons.org/jobs-that-hire-felons/

Posted on: 2015/5/16 18:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Personally I'd like to see the Federal and State Governments take on the lions share of felony employment with the private prison systems actively mandated to provide some sort of genuine rehab and training for felons while behind bars, with a focus on self-employment for their inmates.

Its totally unfair for Local Governments and private businesses with often limited funding, to support such a program of felony employment.

Good luck with your endeavor, but I feel many just can't risk their business name and customer goodwill coupled with the general public's fear of felony employees ... It makes no wonder even our armed forces will not take felons !

Posted on: 2014/9/15 11:29
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/25 20:46
Group:
Registered Users
I think Willie Flood is spearheading a program to award city jobs to people with criminal records, try contacting her.

Or watch the upcoming Fox New segment on it, it should air in a week or two.

Posted on: 2008/1/2 13:09
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
This is a great resource to start for job information for felons. You'll find answers about your bonding questions, too:

http://www.hirenetwork.org/admin/clearinghouse.php?state_id=NJ

In Jersey City, the unemployment and job training office is located on Summit Avenue in Journal Square (same building as DMV). I would recommend starting there as they actively work to place individuals in gainful employment.

There is also a workforce development office across from the Grove Street PATH station. The county parole office is also located on Summit Avenue, at the corner of Rt. 139. The Jersey City Public Library main branch has a great literacy program run by United Way. I believe they also have computer training and job readying programs. Might be worth checking out. If any of your contacts are women, Women Rising of Jersey City might be able to help you get these individuals on the right road.

In terms of locating your various NJ representatives, try here: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/legsearch.asp

Good luck - and thank you for your efforts to help make our communities a bit safer.

Posted on: 2008/1/2 0:57

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/24 18:10
Group:
Registered Users
That sounds great. However, I think that something like that would be better donated as a freebie. any other ideas?

Posted on: 2008/1/1 23:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/9 19:55
Group:
Registered Users
Kind of a different idea, and I have no idea if it would work, but would you be able to get any of them speaking engagements at public schools?

Not sure how the school districts and tax payers would feel about paying them, but I think getting them to speak to kids about their mistakes would really open some kids eyes, while also hopefully getting these guys paid and back up on their feet.

Posted on: 2008/1/1 23:21

Employment for Felons/ex convicts
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/24 18:10
Group:
Registered Users
As most of you know, I am trying to help ex-convicts/felons in our community. Perhaps if we lend a helping hand to these people that need work, we can see less drug dealers on the corners and maybe even lessen robberies/muggings.

Does anyone know of companies that are willing to hire felons? Those that want to work and escape their drug dealing/thieving pasts?

I heard something about bonding somewhere. But Im not sure what that means.

Also does anyone know how I find out who are the assemblymen for Bayonne, UC, Weehawken, Guttenberg? I want to get a petition going on and help those in our community.

Posted on: 2008/1/1 23:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017