Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 64

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: 9-year-old girl accidentally kills gun instructor with Uzi: cops
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/15 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
My nephews Sony PS4 has some great shooting / targeting games ... Its lots of fun and not even a piece of paper gets hurt !

Posted on: 2014/9/13 23:03
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/13 22:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
They didn't? How do you know?

Have you ever been to a shooting range? Have you ever fired a gun?

Please, list all of the model handguns that are incapable of killing a person and only putting holes in paper.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 14:17
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
It's a tool used mainly for killing. Sometimes used for recreational purposes, be it for target practice of inanimate objects or killing of lower life forms.

Anyone who claims otherwise is not living in the real world.

Cool. I was just responding to heightsbrat who said that everyone who use a gun is killing or practicing to kill. Clearly, not so.

Lord, are you really this dense or compartmentalized? That was me in post 25 BTW, and I repeat: target practice is practicing to kill using a deadly weapon. That does not mean the person has any intention of killing anything, but it IS what they are doing! To say it's only putting holes in paper with lead slugs is like saying sex with birth control has absolutely nothing at all to do with reproduction since the intent is not to procreate. Yet notice shootings and babies somehow happen despite these intentions.

Your hatred of guns clouds your thinking. You cannot fathom that it is possible to shoot guns for fun and that it has nothing to do with practicing to kill. Your argument is absurd.

There has never been a purchase of a gun for the sole purpose of shooting at paper. The arguments people make are in regards to ?self-defense?. The logical conclusion of self-defense is to deter a potential threat through deadly means.

In contrast, someone could obtain mace or carry a knife as self-defense. A gun is far more deadly and decisive.

Manufacturers do not design guns to only be shot at paper targets or every bullet they?d sell would not be of a speed that would shred through flesh.

The idea that guns are for fun is a lie. They can be used in sport and contests. They are not designed for sport and contests. They are designed to bring death.

So how do you reconcile all of the people who only shoot at targets for fun? They don't line up with your theory.

They may "only shoot at targets for fun" but they didn't decide to plop down money on a gun only capable of shooting paper did they?

They didn't? How do you know?

Posted on: 2014/9/9 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
It's a tool used mainly for killing. Sometimes used for recreational purposes, be it for target practice of inanimate objects or killing of lower life forms.

Cool. I was just responding to heightsbrat who said that everyone who use a gun is killing or practicing to kill. Clearly, not so.

Lord, are you really this dense or compartmentalized? That was me in post 25 BTW, and I repeat: target practice is practicing to kill using a deadly weapon. That does not mean the person has any intention of killing anything, but it IS what they are doing! To say it's only putting holes in paper with lead slugs is like saying sex with birth control has absolutely nothing at all to do with reproduction since the intent is not to procreate. Yet notice shootings and babies somehow happen despite these intentions.

Your hatred of guns clouds your thinking. You cannot fathom that it is possible to shoot guns for fun and that it has nothing to do with practicing to kill. Your argument is absurd.

There has never been a purchase of a gun for the sole purpose of shooting at paper. The arguments people make are in regards to ?self-defense?. The logical conclusion of self-defense is to deter a potential threat through deadly means.

In contrast, someone could obtain mace or carry a knife as self-defense. A gun is far more deadly and decisive.

Manufacturers do not design guns to only be shot at paper targets or every bullet they?d sell would not be of a speed that would shred through flesh.

The idea that guns are for fun is a lie. They can be used in sport and contests. They are not designed for sport and contests. They are designed to bring death.

So how do you reconcile all of the people who only shoot at targets for fun? They don't line up with your theory.

They may "only shoot at targets for fun" but they didn't decide to plop down money on a gun only capable of shooting paper did they?

Posted on: 2014/9/9 13:40
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/9 13:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

wow are you sure you live in JC, you make way too much sense. I think we live in a town with a bunch nitwits... guns are fun, but they wont walk down Bergen ave, LOL woohoo!!!! dumb asses.

Posted on: 2014/9/9 13:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/9 12:46
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Guns are weapons that may also be used for the sheer fun of target practice. They are inherently dangerous, and like a 4,000 pound hunk of mobile metal, should not be placed in the hands of 9 year olds. While knives, hammers, baseball bats, etc. might also be used at weapons, it is not an easy thing to accidentally kill someone with them.

This is not rocket science, people.

I don't think anyone here was suggesting that a 9 year old should have access to an Uzi, so I think you're arguing against yourself here.

Posted on: 2014/9/8 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Guns are weapons that may also be used for the sheer fun of target practice. They are inherently dangerous, and like a 4,000 pound hunk of mobile metal, should not be placed in the hands of 9 year olds. While knives, hammers, baseball bats, etc. might also be used as weapons, it is not an easy thing to accidentally kill someone with them.

This is not rocket science, people.

Posted on: 2014/9/8 17:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/8 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Lord, are you really this dense or compartmentalized?

So, if I confuse an internet poster's name, I am dense or compartmentalized? That's funny.

Quote:

That was me in post 25 BTW, and I repeat: target practice is practicing to kill using a deadly weapon. That does not mean the person has any intention of killing anything, but it IS what they are doing! To say it's only putting holes in paper with lead slugs is like saying sex with birth control has absolutely nothing at all to do with reproduction since the intent is not to procreate. Yet notice shootings and babies somehow happen despite these intentions.

Target practice is practicing to kill... based on what? Some people only shoot targets for fun/sport, so how exactly are they practicing to kill? They have no intentions of killing, they just enjoy shooting targets. You're overthinking this.

Posted on: 2014/9/8 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/8 3:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
How does a 'special weapons' machine gun created and used by the israeli army to kill people be a sports recreational weapon suitable for a nine year old ?
Its bad luck for the instructor, but if there is any finger pointing, its society for not demanding legislation for these types of weapons.
This is just a stupid accident, no one to blame and will continue to happen because we have an unrestricted gun culture in this country.
I'd imagine there would be thousands of 10 year olds that would love the chance to shoot a bazooka too!

Posted on: 2014/9/7 22:05
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
A 9 yr old behind the wheel should never happen, and will probably land someone in jail. A 9 yr old being taught how to fire an Uzi... not so much, at least in some states. I think you are reaching for false equivalencies.

A 9 yr old girl being instructed how to a) hit a baseball b) hit a tennis ball c) fire an Uzi. Which of these do you think will not surprise most people if someone ends up dead?

I wasn't speaking in legal terms. What I said was that intentions are irrelevant - we should make sure all tools, including guns, are used properly and safely. I think we both agree that 9 year olds cannot handle a gun safely, and therefore, shouldn't be operating one.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 19:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
A 9 yr old behind the wheel should never happen, and will probably land someone in jail. A 9 yr old being taught how to fire an Uzi... not so much, at least in some states. I think you are reaching for false equivalencies.

A 9 yr old girl being instructed how to a) hit a baseball b) hit a tennis ball c) fire an Uzi. Which of these do you think will not surprise most people if someone ends up dead?

Posted on: 2014/9/7 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Sure. Clearly not everyone. One could argue the 9 yr old girl didn't mean to kill her instructor but she did so anyway.

A 9 year old behind the wheel can have non-violent intentions but can still kill others or herself. Of course, we should always use care when dealing with tools.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sure. Clearly not everyone. One could argue the 9 yr old girl didn't mean to kill her instructor but she did so anyway.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Posted on: 2014/9/7 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/9/7 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
If guns aren't designed to kill then they must be a pleasant surprise for the military.

It's a tool that can kill, of course. But it's not the only way to use a gun.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I see the typical trolls are and about .... Spewing nonsense.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 18:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If guns aren't designed to kill then they must be a pleasant surprise for the military.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
You're assuming too much. Shooting targets is shooting target. Not everyone who shoots targets is practicing to kill.

More delusion. They may not intend to put it to actual use, but that IS what they are doing. Imagine a competitive fishing rod caster saying he's not practicing to fish and it's completely unrelated to fishing.

Yeah, watch out for those deadly biathlon olympic athletes who shoot people, or these dangerous archers putting arrows through your hearts. Are you out of your mind?

I don't believe so. At least I can tell a deadly weapon when I see one, whatever it's being used for at the moment. This does appear to be your problem, telling a weapon designed to kill from a piece of sports equipment that can kill if used improperly, like a bat or golf club. The fact that there are weapon competitions doesn't make the weapons less deadly.

Again, guns aren't inherently designed to kill, as evidenced by all those who use guns for sport, not violence. It's a tool like anything else.

Posted on: 2014/9/7 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Great. Carpetbagger's kid.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Did everyone miss that the dad of the girl is a wealth advisor in JC for the Dixon group from Australia that's been buying up a lot of real estate?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/natio ... -jersey-article-1.1929642

What is a carpetbagger and why are they bad?

Posted on: 2014/9/7 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Maybe the kid has a "taste for blood" now. Hope she doesn't live in Jersey City. Gun Instructor dude could just be the tip of the iceberg.

Dad of 9-year-old who accidentally killed instructor with UZI manages $1.5 billion fund in Jersey City, report says

Then this thread should be moved from the NOT Jersey City forum... ;)

Posted on: 2014/9/7 17:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Maybe the kid has a "taste for blood" now. Hope she doesn't live in Jersey City. Gun Instructor dude could just be the tip of the iceberg.

Dad of 9-year-old who accidentally killed instructor with UZI manages $1.5 billion fund in Jersey City, report says

Posted on: 2014/9/7 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
brewster wrote:
More delusion. They may not intend to put it to actual use, but that IS what they are doing. Imagine a competitive fishing rod caster saying he's not practicing to fish and it's completely unrelated to fishing

Here is an exercise, - look at the list of events in the first modern Olympics, and tell me what percentage of those sports has been born as a military training?

Quote:
Vigilante wrote:
Great. Carpetbagger's kid.
Maybe the kid has a "taste for blood" now.

You are a remarkably hateful person.

Quote:
fat-ass-bike wrote:
As an instructor, he failed miserably BIG TIME.

Now, THAT is true. It was totally avoidable with the proper safety precautions.

Quote:
JadedJC wrote:
Firearms were invented for the purpose of winning wars. How do you win wars? You kill people, capture their territory and subjugate them.

Yeah, we know, Konan, crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

Now, it appears that many people here are trying to figure out the purpose of the firearms, - without ever holding one, without ever talking to a professional, even without reading on the subject, - with may be an exception of reading something written by another "expert" who had neither personal nor theoretical knowledge.

If you did talk to an armed self-defense instructor, you'd knew that they never ever talk nor think in terms of "killing" an opponent. It is always and invariably about stopping them. Now, if anyone here thinks that it is a good idea to have some basic understanding of the subject before engaging in a debate (seems like a common sense to me) I would urge you to read this book, it is less then 150 pages: Massad Ayoob, In the Gravest Extreme: The Role of the Firearm in Personal Protection (Just in case you wonder if the author is a trustworthy expert, here is the wiki: Massad Ayoob)

Posted on: 2014/9/7 13:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
You're assuming too much. Shooting targets is shooting target. Not everyone who shoots targets is practicing to kill.

More delusion. They may not intend to put it to actual use, but that IS what they are doing. Imagine a competitive fishing rod caster saying he's not practicing to fish and it's completely unrelated to fishing.

Yeah, watch out for those deadly biathlon olympic athletes who shoot people, or these dangerous archers putting arrows through your hearts. Are you out of your mind?

I don't believe so. At least I can tell a deadly weapon when I see one, whatever it's being used for at the moment. This does appear to be your problem, telling a weapon designed to kill from a piece of sports equipment that can kill if used improperly, like a bat or golf club. The fact that there are weapon competitions doesn't make the weapons less deadly.

Who doesn't leave their loaded rifle in their golf-bag?

Posted on: 2014/9/6 15:13

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017