Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Club Metro Mayor's Cup 5K

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/16 14:04
From 333 Washington St.
Group:
Registered Users
Weather looks great for Saturday! Sign up today to avoid paying $5 more on race day!

Posted on: 2014/10/15 20:43

Club Metro Mayor's Cup 5K

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 333 Washington St.
Group:
Registered Users
Come out and join Mayor Steven Fulop for a fun(draising) day of Waterfront Racing in the 2nd Annual Club Metro Mayor's Cup 5K on Saturday October 18th, 2014 at 9:00am!

All participants will receive an event T-Shirt. Awards will be given to the top 3 overall male and female finishers. In addition, the top 3 male and female finishers in the following categories will receive an award: 18 & under, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and above. Local vendors will be offering Food, Beverages, Prize Giveaways, Apparel, Massages, and much much more throughout the race on the corner of Morgan & Warren until 11:00am!

Last year was our first run and we had over 200 entrants! This is waterfront racing at it's finest... Almost the entire 3.1 miles is along the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway with breathtaking views of the New York City skyline. Proceeds will be donated to the Boys & Girls Club of Hudson County. Come out to support a great organization and get some healthy and happy exercise!

Fees
$25 pre-registration before 9/18/14, $30 after that, $35 on race day
Additional Date Information
Registration begins at 8:00am and closes at 8:30am
Register here!
Click for event flyer!

Posted on: 2014/9/30 15:43

Re: 2nd Annual Club Metro Mayor's Cup 5K

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 333 Washington St.
Group:
Registered Users
I can't manage to upload an image on this so here it is...

The date is 10/18/2014 at 9am, registration starts at 8am. There will be local vendors such as City Diner and Two Boots Pizza. Massage Envy will be giving out free massages to the runners.

The start/finish line is on Warren St. between Morgan and Steuben (Right outside the gym). We will head up Morgan to Greene, down Greene to Columbus, up Columbus to the Waterfront Walkway. Once on the walkway we will go down and around the Goldman Building and then all the way back down the Walkway in the other direction until you get to 2nd St. You will head down 2nd street to Warren (with BJs on your right) and turn and head for home.

We had a great turnout last year in our first year of the race and we hope to surpass it this year. Please spread the word and come out for a fun day of racing and supporting a great organization!

Posted on: 2014/9/10 19:04

Re: 2nd Annual Club Metro Mayor's Cup 5K less than 2 months away!

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 333 Washington St.
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for your reply. Apparently the Event Flyer didn't publish which had everything you were looking for (I'm not too skilled with JC List!). It has the date/time and it has a route map. I will work on updating that.

In regards to the website posting the names of the runners I will ask them to get rid of that, I agree that it's a bit unnecessary.

I'm sorry that you feel $25 is a bit high. I donate all of the proceeds to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Hudson County and the more we make, the more we donate. As a former teacher, giving back to our youth in need is something I love to do. You also mentioned shutting down streets and paying overtime officers. I also have to do that for this race. Last year we had to pay for 8 officers to be stationed at various points along the route because it does cross and run up a few streets. They're not cheap!

I hope you would consider signing up once I make the necessary adjustments and thanks for taking the time to leave feedback.

Posted on: 2014/9/10 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

808NickyK wrote:
All participants will receive an event T-Shirt. Awards will be given to the top 3 overall male and female finishers. In addition, the top 3 male and female finishers in the following categories will receive an award: 18 & under, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and above. Local vendors will be offering Food, Beverages, Prize Giveaways, Apparel, Massages, and much much more throughout the race on the corner of Morgan & Warren until 11:00am!
Last year was our first run and we had over 200 entrants! This is waterfront racing at it's finest... Almost the entire 3.1 miles is along the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway with breathtaking views of the New York City skyline. Proceeds will go the Boys & Girls Club of Hudson County. Come out to support a great organization and some healthy and happy exercise!
Fees
Register here!

A few basic reactions:
- Listing the actual date and time of the event in your ad/post could lead to more click-throughs
- A link to a map of the course would be nice for those of us who like that kind of information ahead of time. If you can't put together a decent map, you can use Google Maps to trace it on it and then link to that trace.
- The site you are using for registrations publishes personal information (name, etc) of the registered participants. Some people would be turned off by that.
- $25 dollars is a bit high for a 5K. Most NY Road Runners races are $18, and they involve significantly higher expenses (like paying for NYPD overtime in Central Park, closing one or two lanes in CP for several hours, etc.)

Definitely interested in the event, and I hope it is a success for everyone involved.

Most of the JC 5ks are in the 25-35 dollar range.

Posted on: 2014/8/26 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
808NickyK wrote: All participants will receive an event T-Shirt. Awards will be given to the top 3 overall male and female finishers. In addition, the top 3 male and female finishers in the following categories will receive an award: 18 & under, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and above. Local vendors will be offering Food, Beverages, Prize Giveaways, Apparel, Massages, and much much more throughout the race on the corner of Morgan & Warren until 11:00am! Last year was our first run and we had over 200 entrants! This is waterfront racing at it's finest... Almost the entire 3.1 miles is along the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway with breathtaking views of the New York City skyline. Proceeds will go the Boys & Girls Club of Hudson County. Come out to support a great organization and some healthy and happy exercise! Fees $25 pre-registration before 9/18/14, $30 after that, $35 on race day Additional Date Information Registration begins at 8:00am and closes at 8:30am Register here!
A few basic reactions: - Listing the actual date and time of the event in your ad/post could lead to more click-throughs - A link to a map of the course would be nice for those of us who like that kind of information ahead of time. If you can't put together a decent map, you can use Google Maps to trace it on it and then link to that trace. - The site you are using for registrations publishes personal information (name, etc) of the registered participants. Some people would be turned off by that. - $25 dollars is a bit high for a 5K. Most NY Road Runners races are $18, and they involve significantly higher expenses (like paying for NYPD overtime in Central Park, closing one or two lanes in CP for several hours, etc.) Definitely interested in the event, and I hope it is a success for everyone involved.

Posted on: 2014/8/26 16:51

2nd Annual Club Metro Mayor's Cup 5K less than 2 months away!

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 333 Washington St.
Group:
Registered Users
Last year was our first run and we had over 200 entrants! This is waterfront racing at it's finest... Almost the entire 3.1 miles is along the Hudson River Waterfront Walkway with breathtaking views of the New York City skyline. Proceeds will go the Boys & Girls Club of Hudson County. Come out to support a great organization and some healthy and happy exercise!
Fees
Register here!

Posted on: 2014/8/26 16:33

2nd Annual Club Metro Mayor's Cup 5K

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 333 Washington St.
Group:
Registered Users
Fees
Register here!

Posted on: 2014/8/1 15:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?