Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New program could give Jersey City residents crime stat analysis, alerts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

***7/11/2012 posted on www.jclist.com ***

Wouldn?t it be great if the JCPD website had a real-time or close to real-time crime blog? I swear one was promised by the Chief, maybe not. Anyway just think if the JCPD posted the crimes with location and time we could all log in every day and see what was really going on in JC. Or maybe even get a daily email with the log of crimes for just your hood.

It would also be a help to bring down crime in JC. How many times have you heard months later that a house or apartment was robbed around the corner from you? Or even right next door? (people get to know your neighbors) If you knew the day it happened you may have just witnessed something strange in your hood that would help catch the thugs. A description to give to the coppers or at least you would know to go down to Home Depot and buy a stronger lock.

The crime blog doesn?t have to give full addresses?and a clerk wouldn?t need to be hired to retype the crimes into a database. Just pull some of the data off of whatever database the cops are typing their reports into. Have some kind of filtering code to block out the actual street number of the address. Just pull off a few things..Crime , location, date, time, description. Something like this?..

Crime: Apartment burglary, Location: 4** Grand Street, Date: Monday July 9, 2012, Time: between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Description: Stolen items include a 58 inch television and assorted Xbox games.

Crime: Stolen car, Location: 2** Westside Ave, Date: Tuesday July 10, 2012, Time: between 10 pm and 11 am, Description: Make: Ford Taurus, Plate number : ABC123. Color : faded blue, Year: 1990, missing side window and duct tape holding bumper on.

Crime: Stolen car, Location: 5*** Sussex St, Date: Wednesday July 11, 2012, Tme: between 12 pm and 7 am, Description: Make: BMW 750i , Plate number : IAMRICH. Color : black, Year: 2012

Someone in the area could read that and say holy crap I saw a guy walking down the street with a big tv on his back. Or shi* a guy tried selling me Xbox games over on Monmouth. Or hey a stripped black 2012 BMW 750i with a plate # IAMRICH is in a lot where I let my dog do his duty.

Get the idea?????

JCPD just do it?give a few bucks to an out of work IT guy whose job was outsourced to India and let him lose.

If you don?t want to go the hi-tech route because not all of the 250K people of JC are connected. Then buy some daily space in the JJ and print the information in a JCPD crime section. Like you used to do years ago.

Let?s do some math from looking at the JC COMPSTAT reports for 2102 JC is averaging around 500 crimes city wide a month. 500 crimes / 30 days = 16 ?. so around 16 crimes a day in good old JC. The Jersey Journal Police Beat only picks one or two crime stories a week the ones that interest Charles and Michelangelo. We want to see ALL of the ....robberies, burglaries, car theft?s, assaults

Posted on: 2014/9/2 13:13

New program could give Jersey City residents crime stat analysis, alerts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(gee this sounds familiar didn?t a guy on jclist come up with the idea?)

New program could give Jersey City residents crime stat analysis, alerts

By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
on September 02, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Want to know how many break-ins has occurred in your neighborhood in the past two weeks? How many robberies? Well, so do members of the Historic Paulus Hook Association in Downtown Jersey City and they're doing something about it.

JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... chnolog.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/9/2 13:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017