Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Did you lose a parakeet? Found DTJC

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/22 14:13
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
cocopele wrote:
There is (was?) a guy that lived in Metropolis Towers that had parakeets. No idea if he still lives there or if this is one of his, but could be a good place to start. IIRC, he lived on the south side of the eastern building and had a balcony.
[quote]

Wonder if this could be his bird since he seems to be hanging around the same exact place recently.

Yeah, this little guy is all yellow (and small), although those Edgewater parakeets are pretty cool looking! This one seems very used to humans - he started chirping at me when I whistled at him and was willing to step onto my finger. He was about to but the others flew away and he left to follow them.

Hoping we can find his owner soon! Thanks very much for the tip, cocopele!

Posted on: 2014/8/28 18:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/29 2:56
Group:
Registered Users
There is (was?) a guy that lived in Metropolis Towers that had parakeets. No idea if he still lives there or if this is one of his, but could be a good place to start. IIRC, he lived on the south side of the eastern building and had a balcony.
Quote:

DJKadance wrote:
Hey all -

Was walking my dog yesterday and noticed a bird playing with a group of wild birds that didn't quite fit with his friends. Was able to get a closer look today and looks to be a parakeet. He is playing with his new friends in the construction site between A Condominiums and that warehouse Mill Creek is renovating on Washington St.

Unfortunately I'm slightly confused (read as I cannot figure out for the life of me) on how to paste/attach photos on here. So please, if you lost this guy or know the person who did, feel free to message me and I can provide the pics I was able to take this morning.

He seems thrilled playing with his new friends but I'm sure he would love to be back in a home just as much, especially with winter lingering somewhere around the corner.

Thanks!
Kristine

Posted on: 2014/8/28 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCishome wrote:
Yeah, those parakeets are expanding all over the country because they're amazingly adaptable to different climates. The ones in the entry gate to Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn are sort of a tourist attraction.

Did you know that the parakeets were allowed to colonize Green-Wood because their droppings don't damage the brownstone, unlike that of the pigeons they displaced?

Posted on: 2014/8/28 17:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/18 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
I've seen that parakeet hanging around there as well, it's a yellow one and doesn't look like the packs of parakeets that are in Edgewater/Fort Lee.

Posted on: 2014/8/28 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Kristine - he/she may be a parakeet that lives in the wild. They are (quite remarkably) pretty entrenched in the Edgewater/Fort Lee area. They are "Quaker" or "Monk" parrots.

If you travel to the area slightly North of Trader Joes in Edgewater, you will see their nests on the electric poles. And they are loud!

Perhaps he wanted to be a downtown peep?

http://weirdnj.com/stories/bizarre-beasts/edgewater-parrots/

Next time I go up to Trader Joe's I'm going to have to look for the birds!

Posted on: 2014/8/28 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, those parakeets are expanding all over the country because they're amazingly adaptable to different climates. The ones in the entry gate to Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn are sort of a tourist attraction.

Posted on: 2014/8/28 15:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Kristine - he/she may be a parakeet that lives in the wild. They are (quite remarkably) pretty entrenched in the Edgewater/Fort Lee area. They are "Quaker" or "Monk" parrots.

If you travel to the area slightly North of Trader Joes in Edgewater, you will see their nests on the electric poles. And they are loud!

Perhaps he wanted to be a downtown peep?

http://weirdnj.com/stories/bizarre-beasts/edgewater-parrots/

Posted on: 2014/8/28 15:13

Did you lose a parakeet? Found DTJC

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/22 14:13
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hey all -

Was walking my dog yesterday and noticed a bird playing with a group of wild birds that didn't quite fit with his friends. Was able to get a closer look today and looks to be a parakeet. He is playing with his new friends in the construction site between A Condominiums and that warehouse Mill Creek is renovating on Washington St.

Unfortunately I'm slightly confused (read as I cannot figure out for the life of me) on how to paste/attach photos on here. So please, if you lost this guy or know the person who did, feel free to message me and I can provide the pics I was able to take this morning.

He seems thrilled playing with his new friends but I'm sure he would love to be back in a home just as much, especially with winter lingering somewhere around the corner.

Thanks!
Kristine

Posted on: 2014/8/28 14:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017