Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: There goes the neighborhood.
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 4:29
Group:
Registered Users
There's definitely a benefit to having an apt. with a reverse-mullet layout: party in the front; business (i.e. sleep) in the back.

Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
the sidewalk below my bedroom window seems to be a favorite place for JC women to scream at their boyfriends at 2am. but it drowns out the neighbor's barking dog for a moment, so I'll take that as a win.

Posted on: 2014/8/25 2:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
I've got the license plate number of the guy who drives around Harsimus Cove blasting his radio early in the morning. He's parked in front of my house this morning. Can I file a complaint with the police? Will they do anything?

I don't condone vigilante justice, but sometimes some people deserve it! I doubt you will get much of a response, but might as well call it in. Maybe if enough people report the same asshat they will eventually act on the issue.

How is what I am proposing vigilante justice?

Huh?! Perhaps your nerves are a bit frayed from all the loud music in front of your place, but I never said you are proposing vigilante justice! I was musing...

Sorry, misunderstood.

Hey, it's OK! I totally understand. I live in an apartment facing onto Communipaw Avenue and I like to keep my windows open for fresh air. The problem with that is that from time to time I have to listen to loud car stereos, or cars speeding down the road, as well as the occasional lovers spat. Sometimes, people hang out not too far from my window and I get regaled with some ganja smoke.

the sidewalk below my bedroom window seems to be a favorite place for JC women to scream at their boyfriends at 2am. but it drowns out the neighbor's barking dog for a moment, so I'll take that as a win.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
I've got the license plate number of the guy who drives around Harsimus Cove blasting his radio early in the morning. He's parked in front of my house this morning. Can I file a complaint with the police? Will they do anything?

I don't condone vigilante justice, but sometimes some people deserve it! I doubt you will get much of a response, but might as well call it in. Maybe if enough people report the same asshat they will eventually act on the issue.

Huh?! Perhaps your nerves are a bit frayed from all the loud music in front of your place, but I never said you are proposing vigilante justice! I was musing...

Sorry, misunderstood.

Hey, it's OK! I totally understand. I live in an apartment facing onto Communipaw Avenue and I like to keep my windows open for fresh air. The problem with that is that from time to time I have to listen to loud car stereos, or cars speeding down the road, as well as the occasional lovers spat. Sometimes, people hang out not too far from my window and I get regaled with some ganja smoke.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

Sorry, misunderstood.

Posted on: 2014/8/24 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/24 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/24 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

Posted on: 2014/8/24 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/8/24 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Go to the police Captain's meeting this Wednesday with documents in hand. Do not confront these renters they could be drug dealers and retaliate. The meeting is 7pm at PS #7 school at 222 Laidlaw Ave. between Summit and Collard St. I will post it on here as well.

Take what heights says with a grain of salt. This pussy won't ride his bike down Adams St. in Hoboken cause there is a social club there & he doesn't want to invade their space.

No wonder you have brat in your name ! You are probably another neighbor from hell. Well at least we won't see you at the Captain's meeting.
Now webmaster please delete HeightsBrat's post and my reply, I've said my peace.

The word is piece, not peace.

Posted on: 2014/5/21 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
My experience with great neighborhoods that have low crime and anti-social behavior, are the ones with community involvement and community participation with enforcement bodies - I grew up in Bayonne and we lived in a close knit community which worked well with the local cops.

Posted on: 2014/5/20 11:56
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Go to the police Captain's meeting this Wednesday with documents in hand. Do not confront these renters they could be drug dealers and retaliate. The meeting is 7pm at PS #7 school at 222 Laidlaw Ave. between Summit and Collard St. I will post it on here as well.

Take what heights says with a grain of salt. This pussy won't ride his bike down Adams St. in Hoboken cause there is a social club there & he doesn't want to invade their space.

No wonder you have brat in your name ! You are probably another neighbor from hell. Well at least we won't see you at the Captain's meeting.
Now webmaster please delete HeightsBrat's post and my reply, I've said my peace.

Posted on: 2014/5/20 10:56
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/20 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Having similar issues in downtown JC, neighbors to the back of us have INSANE parties day and night. This past weekend the music was extremely loud until 4am. I called the Non Emergency JCPD number, they said they would send somebody over but nothing happened.

1) Is there a better number to use for downtown noise issues?

2) What about during the day - can a noise violation be issued for a huge, loud afternoon party?

I think it's so disrespectful to force people to listen to your crappy music...

Sorry to say that downtown has to use the same number as the rest of us - 201-547-5477.

I just got done addressing the issue of noise. When the the quality of their life impacts the quality of your life, make the call. It doesn't matter what time of day.

Dina Lionakis is your Community Relations Officer & Dan Sollitti is captain of the East District. They can be reached at 201-547-5408. Give them a ring, find out when your captain's meeting, then stop by & say hello.

Posted on: 2014/5/20 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
It might be an idea to buy a noise meter.

They are really cheap and could help make a case when you can show / prove the actually noise level - It would help police make a decision without the 'he said, she said problem

$15.50 and its yours.

I use one on building sites to insure my guys are wearing ear plugs if machinery noise is too high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Digital- ... ain_2&hash=item2a3bcef7e3

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/19 23:58
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Highly agree with those saying just call the police, and do not confront them.

+1 - had a similar issue with a neighbor some years back - I actually moved my family because it got so insanely ridiculous (and dangerous). I will NEVER confront a close neighbor again. Call the cops, keep calling the cops, and let your good neighbors know to join your efforts. I guess you could reason with folks in the "old days" but based upon my experience in dealing with a 20-something year old instigator, not so much.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Highly agree with those saying just call the police, and do not confront them. About ten years ago, our street in the Heights had become overrun with thugs, drug dealers, and illegal rentals - it was a mess.

We worked with neighbors and constantly called the police, and they were always here, blink of an eye.

Problems that some have - parties in the back may be earthshatteringly loud, but you often can't hear that noise from the front street.

Also, often times police can't act on certain tips - but they recommended to us to call Housing Authority to report illegal apartments (which we assumed were there since there were a million people in each house, and padlocks on doors)...

Long story short, it worked. Took about a year or two, but it worked. Our one neighbor though, responded to the troublemakers with threats of police, and in return, his tires were slashed, and his wife was constantly intimidated....

Posted on: 2014/5/19 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
I would just say keep calling the non-emergency number. Unfortuately, noise violations may not be the top priority, but repeated calls may get them to come. Not sure, if you have other neighbors who are also bothered and who will call too. Personally, I think something needs to be done about this -- I understand life and death priorities, but quality of life is important too. And, what ends up happening is good neighbors leave and you end up with the scum.
When calling the police, make sure you tell them where exactly where the noise is coming from (e.g. address - backyard), because if they don't hear it from the street, they may just leave. Supposedly the North District is giving out fines, which would definitely help. Not sure if they are doing the same in your district. Also, find out when your Captain's meeting is (each precinct has one), attend and bring up the topic. Warmer weather is here and the partying has just begun.
Re: day/night restrictions: see Chapter 222 of following link https://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16093
daytime limit basically is 65 decibels which is a lot lower than a blasting stereo.

Posted on: 2014/5/19 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Having similar issues in downtown JC, neighbors to the back of us have INSANE parties day and night. This past weekend the music was extremely loud until 4am. I called the Non Emergency JCPD number, they said they would send somebody over but nothing happened.

1) Is there a better number to use for downtown noise issues?

2) What about during the day - can a noise violation be issued for a huge, loud afternoon party?

I think it's so disrespectful to force people to listen to your crappy music...

Posted on: 2014/5/19 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Agree with several others - call the North District (201-547-5477) when they are partying. Be aware that there are noise restrictions both day and night, so you don't have to wait til 10PM if the partying is very loud. If you let it go, it will likely only get worse. Per district captain, they are fining people and hopefully one fine will do the trick.
With regard to Dixon, the most you may expect is that they may "talk" to the tenant. I had issues with Dixon renters and tried this route, but found it very frustrating dealing with Dixon (e.g., "they can make as much noise as they want until 10PM" and other incorrect excuses -- Again, noise ordinances cover day and night noise restritcions). To me, while they talk a good talk, Dixon doesn't really care -- they just want their rent. But, maybe you'll have better luck.
My advice - call the cops and, as Heights mentions, go to the Captain's meeting (this Wednesday at 7:00).

Posted on: 2014/5/19 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/19 14:20
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

South_Sixth wrote:
Last year, the CEO of US Masters (Alan Dixon) gave JC_List a phone number to contact if neighbors of one of their properties were having problems. It's worth a try.

CEO of US Masters

Neighbors:
1. If you have any problems or concerns with a neigboring Dixon property please ring 201-942-6222 and inform reception which property you are concerned about so you can be put through to the right property manager to discuss the issues.

Any questions or inquiries for me:
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, feel free to post on this forum or send me an email directly to alan.dixon@dixon.com.au

Hope this helps and is taken in the positive spirit in which it is intended. I'll directly answer any questions on the forum the best I can.

Best

Alan

I am sure many will thank you for extending a hand in good will, however, you can talk to certain people till you're blue in the face, they will yes you to death & then turn around & do as they damn well please. Evicting opens you to the possibility of damage to your property something no one wants to see happen to you as a responsible owner.

But again, thank you for the show of good faith.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
It seems our allies from down under are not the best at keeping an eye on their properties. There is a property in the Heights that was being rehabbed which was great except that drug dealers were using it as their stash house, unbeknownst to the property owners.

Now as for the decibel thing, I believe it is 65 BUT if your neighbor's quality of life is impacting your quality of life, you have every right to drop that dime AND you DO NOT have to suffer until 10pm at night either.

The police do not reveal who made the call. All they say is that there have been complaints from the neighborhood. If these neighbors are anything like the A-holes that were in my neighborhood maybe you will get lucky & they will not stay long.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 20:34

Edited by HeightsBrat on 2014/5/18 20:53:44
Reason: Clarify wording

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/6 17:13
Group:
Registered Users
Last year, the CEO of US Masters (Alan Dixon) gave JC_List a phone number to contact if neighbors of one of their properties were having problems. It's worth a try.

CEO of US Masters

Neighbors:
1. If you have any problems or concerns with a neigboring Dixon property please ring 201-942-6222 and inform reception which property you are concerned about so you can be put through to the right property manager to discuss the issues.

Any questions or inquiries for me:
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, feel free to post on this forum or send me an email directly to alan.dixon@dixon.com.au

Hope this helps and is taken in the positive spirit in which it is intended. I'll directly answer any questions on the forum the best I can.

Best

Alan

Posted on: 2014/5/18 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
I second the idea of working with the police, in order to keep your identity obscured. It's basically their job to manage these types of situations in a reasonably neutral manner, and to pretty much keep you out of it.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
The neighbors are douchebags, but what kind counts. Are they the clueless middle class kids in their 1st house out of college kind (got those around here, even had them as tenants), or are they the longtime working class kind who long ago decided they don't give a crap what anyone thinks? It matters, the former can be reasoned with, the latter not so much.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bloodtv wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I will document all, and seek next plan of action. As for "speaking" to these jokers, my thoughts are 1) they are well aware they are blocking my driveway often, 2) they are well aware of the parties, and inconvenience caused to others...and they just don't care. What would I gain by asking them to be considerate to others, when they obviously have no concept of the word or what it means. I now have the contact info for the owners...and next time, will just call the police. Step one.

These are merely assumptions on your part. I'm thinking you just are avoiding confrontation here.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'd stick with the cops only for now - There is a chance that speaking to the owners might result in you being identified as the complainant and your name being past onto the renter.

Cops will (hopefully and also asked them) keep your name confidential, as you rightly fear some sort of retribution if you are know to the renters; fear of damage to your car and property such as a well aimed rock or scratch marks by the renters friends and associates.

You can call the JCPA for the driveway issue, and this could be done by getting them to enforce all the breaches in the entire street; so as NOT to create suspicion it was a complaint for blocking the driveway. Once again ask for anonymity when making the complaint.

You could also call the cops just before the party ends if you feel some of the party goers have drunken too much and getting behind the wheel of a car.

Hopefully this is a one off thing; such as a house warming party and things will quieten down

I'd go with your gut feeling - Any 'normal' person would be aware if they were behaving in an inconsiderate and anti-social manner to their immediate neighbors and locals. Keep clear of them and negotiate with the cops on the best way forward

Posted on: 2014/5/18 14:39

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2014/5/18 14:59:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/3 10:24
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the suggestions. I will document all, and seek next plan of action. As for "speaking" to these jokers, my thoughts are 1) they are well aware they are blocking my driveway often, 2) they are well aware of the parties, and inconvenience caused to others...and they just don't care. What would I gain by asking them to be considerate to others, when they obviously have no concept of the word or what it means. I now have the contact info for the owners...and next time, will just call the police. Step one.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
If it's after 10pm why not first talk to the people making the noise and ask them to respect you, the neighborhood, and noise ordinances by keeping it to a dull roar. If that fails calls the cops. If they get enough noise complaints there may be a clause in their lease to kick them out. You should also be documenting times and noise levels. You can download an app the will tell you what the decibel levels area.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 12:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
I think it's a little passive aggressive to not talk to the actual tenants first. Go to the source.

Posted on: 2014/5/18 12:42

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017