Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville Shooting - 2pm Today - JJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Obviously the dude was hiding from the person doing the shooting by trying the blend in with customers in the restaurant.

If he kept running on the street, the shooter might have taken another shot!

Posted on: 2014/8/23 1:30
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Greenville Shooting - 2pm Today - JJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

A man was shot in Jersey City?s Greenville section this afternoon and then ran a half block, entered a restaurant and took a seat at a table.

?He ran in and sat down,? said an employee at The New Carmen Restaurant of the shooting on Martin Luther King Drive near Bidwell Avenue just before 2 p.m. ?He had blood on his chest and he didn?t say anything. I called 911. I was scared.?

There is probably more to this story since it seems absolutely bizarre.

Posted on: 2014/8/23 0:52

Greenville Shooting - 2pm Today - JJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on August 22, 2014 at 5:35 PM, updated August 22, 2014 at 5:37 PM

A man was shot in Jersey City?s Greenville section this afternoon and then ran a half block, entered a restaurant and took a seat at a table.

?He ran in and sat down,? said an employee at The New Carmen Restaurant of the shooting on Martin Luther King Drive near Bidwell Avenue just before 2 p.m. ?He had blood on his chest and he didn?t say anything. I called 911. I was scared.?

Near the restaurant on MLK Drive was a police marker on the sidewalk beside a spent shell casing and there was another on the sidewalk on Bidwell just west of MLK.

The owner of a store at the intersection said ?I heard like three shots and I got on the floor behind the counter.? Another store owner on MLK said his glass front door was closed and he did not hear shots, but he saw the victim running.

Jersey City Councilwoman Diane Coleman showed up at the scene of the shooting and said she is fighting to get a heavier police presence in city areas where crime and violence are most severe.

?I?m happy we do have more police officers on the street, but we need to concentrate a little on areas like this, so residents and businesses can feel safe,? Coleman said inside The New Carmen Restaurant.

Jersey City police have identified seven hot spots for violence where they will conduct more surveillance and a greater presence. The intersection where the shooting occurred falls in the middle of three locations that have been targeted -- Stevens and MLK, Grant Avenue and MLK and Bostwick and Ocean avenues.

Jersey City has not yet released any official information on the shooting, nor on the condition of the victim.

Story Link

Posted on: 2014/8/22 22:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017