Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cost of converting oil to gas? Any recommendations?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Brewster -- many thanks for the information and possible contact. Looking at a house that we may put a bid on and it's oil -- boiler is old and oversized so the rough cost certainly helps. Of course, the house has an underground tank as well. Given the age of the boiler, I'm not discounting that there may be an issue with the oil tank as well. Not sure how well they are able to test for leaks without really pulling it up. My neighbor just has his tank removed - it had a leak -- ended up costing $18,000. So, we'll see. Appreciate the offer on your guy.

Posted on: 2014/8/22 13:46

Re: Cost of converting oil to gas? Any recommendations?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Sorry, but it depends on what you have now. I have no idea about central systems, but if you have a relatively young steam boiler, it's pretty simple to replace the burner with a gas one. If it's older, oversized (common) or both, it's better to replace the whole thing. I did the latter and it cost about $7k. I don't know about hot water oil boilers, but I'll bet conversion is possible. Pm me if you want the contractor, he's good guy, uses numbers rather than seat of the pants. I'll ask him if he's OK with my posting his info.

Posted on: 2014/8/22 2:47

Cost of converting oil to gas? Any recommendations?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Any estimated (better yet, actual) costs for converting from oil to gas, including all related costs, would be appreciated. Any recommendations regarding firms to do the work?
Not sure if PSE&G does this -- but I know they tend to just use local plumbers for some work and I guess they then tack on a surcharge to make some money.
Many thanks!

Posted on: 2014/8/21 22:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017