Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cultural Affairs newsletter...what???

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/13 7:29
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
hi organize groove on grove and wed 08/06 it ran from 6 to 9pm as it always does.

the farmers market does start at 4pm
goonies the movie started at 8pm on Friday

the indian festival is on sunday not sure of the times, but its a day time event

www.werunfun.com

Quote:

bambam wrote:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net ... 6acf7ade749ff5d62c537aaf4[/img]

I saw the first newsletter today released by Cultural affairs (click on the link to check it out) and I have to say that there are so many errors it makes you wonder what the hell they are doing at Cultural Affairs. These are some of the events that either have wrong times or days, maybe you'll find more:

-Wed 8/6 Groove on Grove is 6-9pm
-Thurs 8/7 Summer Dance Fest is 6:30-8pm; Historic Downtown Farmers Market is 4-8pm
-Fri 8/8 Movie - Pershing Field is 8-9:30
-Sun 8/10 Indo-American Festival is 11:30-4

Tues 8/12 the Historic Downtown FM is listed from 12- 8pm and the Puerto Rican Flag raising is listed from 4-5pm. BOTH of these events take place on MONDAY 8/11, NOT Tuesday.

Whatever is happening at Cultural Affairs is a joke and so is this newsletter. You're better off going to the City Cultural Calendar http://jerseycitynj.gov/cultural-calendar.aspx to get the correct dates and times of events, if you want to attend them. If you're going by this ridiculous newsletter, good luck, cause you're gonna miss out on a lot of cool things happening in JC. Maybe Cultural Affairs should check their own City website before sending out a newsletter that has so many errors?? Many of these events have been going on for YEARS and they all of sudden can't get them straight. I can't see the director being that lax about her job...but from this newsletter, it seems like she should probably spend a little more time doing her job thoroughly.

Disappointing 1st newsletter, to say the least.

Posted on: 2014/8/9 6:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/17 1:40
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jimbehrle wrote:
Boy those newsletter critics are rough

Well, if you're gonna do something, it should be the correct info...no? Isn't that what a newsletter is for. No excuse for such carelessness. Makes you wonder what else is being half assed.

Posted on: 2014/8/8 1:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/1/3 4:40
From Jersey City Ward C
Group:
Banned
Boy those newsletter critics are rough

Posted on: 2014/8/8 1:47

Cultural Affairs newsletter...what???

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/17 1:40
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net ... 6acf7ade749ff5d62c537aaf4[/img]

I saw the first newsletter today released by Cultural affairs (click on the link to check it out) and I have to say that there are so many errors it makes you wonder what the hell they are doing at Cultural Affairs. These are some of the events that either have wrong times or days, maybe you'll find more:

-Wed 8/6 Groove on Grove is 6-9pm
-Thurs 8/7 Summer Dance Fest is 6:30-8pm; Historic Downtown Farmers Market is 4-8pm
-Fri 8/8 Movie - Pershing Field is 8-9:30
-Sun 8/10 Indo-American Festival is 11:30-4

Tues 8/12 the Historic Downtown FM is listed from 12- 8pm and the Puerto Rican Flag raising is listed from 4-5pm. BOTH of these events take place on MONDAY 8/11, NOT Tuesday.

Whatever is happening at Cultural Affairs is a joke and so is this newsletter. You're better off going to the City Cultural Calendar http://jerseycitynj.gov/cultural-calendar.aspx to get the correct dates and times of events, if you want to attend them. If you're going by this ridiculous newsletter, good luck, cause you're gonna miss out on a lot of cool things happening in JC. Maybe Cultural Affairs should check their own City website before sending out a newsletter that has so many errors?? Many of these events have been going on for YEARS and they all of sudden can't get them straight. I can't see the director being that lax about her job...but from this newsletter, it seems like she should probably spend a little more time doing her job thoroughly.

Disappointing 1st newsletter, to say the least.

Posted on: 2014/8/8 1:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017