Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: National Night Out Against Crime
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/8/6 12:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
It was a great night, we had a great turn out. It was the most GV ever had. The music could have been better, but overall it was awesome time and congrats to all the winners.

Posted on: 2014/8/6 11:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Wilson Conde|The Jersey Journal

Mayor Steve Fulop will partner with the Jersey City Police Department, the Jersey City Police Foundation, various police organizations, and Target to host Jersey City's "National Night Out: America?s Night Out Against Crime" program from 6:30 m. to 9:30 p.m. tomorrow, Aug. 5, at Audubon Park, Pershing Field, Arlington Park and Hamilton Park, Jersey City officials announced.

The National Night Out event will include refreshments, entertainment and activities, games, and giveaways in each park. In addition, community and service organizations will provide information to the public for the event.

In addition, Jersey City residents are encouraged to participate by turning on their home or porch lights, and churches are asked to ring their bells, beginning at 9 p.m. to show their support for National Night Out, as well as promote safety in their neighborhoods for the event.

?We know how important it is to have a strong relationship between law enforcement and the community,? Fulop said in a statement about the event. ?National Night Out is a great opportunity to both promote crime prevention and enhance those vital relationships between residents and the police, as the public gets the chance to talk and meet with officers who work their district in a fun and positive environment.?

More

Posted on: 2014/8/4 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
I go every year, the kids have a great time! I wish it lasted a little longer tho.

Posted on: 2014/7/31 10:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, i don't get it. Hosting these "evenings out in the park" doesn't really engender a sense of security. I'm even worried about walking on the wrong side of jersey ave late at night. What makes them think i will go to a park?

Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I remember this event in Hamilton Park used to attract riff-raff. They would give out shitty hot-dogs and have lame "games and rides". I remember one year a few cars got broken into during the event.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 23:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I remember this event in Hamilton Park used to attract riff-raff. They would give out shitty hot-dogs and have lame "games and rides". I remember one year a few cars got broken into during the event.

Posted on: 2014/7/30 22:41

National Night Out Against Crime
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Next week is National Night Out Against Crime. Jersey City will be hosting an event at several parks that evening where there will be a series of speakers and freebies. You should check it out by attending the event at the hosting park nearest you.

This morning we learned that the Bayside Park Neighborhood will be given an award at this event for all of our hard work to beautify and make our community safer. Neighbors, please come to Audubon Park Tuesday evening to enjoy the festivities.

National Night Out Against Crime
Jersey City

August 5, 2014 6:30-9:30 PM

Audubon Park
Arlington Park
Pershing Field
Hamilton Park

Posted on: 2014/7/30 16:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password: