Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City police ramping up efforts in 7 areas driving gun violence
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/29 20:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 14:34
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
I'd like to definitely see them pack up and leave too. I'm not directly on Ocean, but close enough to feel the impact. I have kids, who will be growing up here in JC, and whatever the city has to do to clean up the crime/ drug activity is fine with me. If the announcement works, and hopefully for the long term, that's great. Let's just hope it goes silent for a while then back to the normal operations.

Posted on: 2014/7/29 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/29 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Seems like we need reform our judicial and penal system a bit. Prison should be made to be a more labor intensive procedure. We should be making criminals with non-violent offenses clean up our streets, our parks, repair buildings, etc. If you do a crime you have to actually have to pay back to society.

Posted on: 2014/7/29 16:47
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ChampionSound wrote:
Now a lot of you on this board have lived in JC for quite a while and have seen the ups and downs of the city. I'm a new resident and we bought in Greenville. My street is quiet for the most part. Although quiet doesn't mean there isn't stuff going on. I am not oblivious to the shootings two blocks over, or the day to day comings and goings of people on drugs on my block. That being said, I think the announcement of "ramping up efforts" is stupid. Why announce it? Isn't there a better way to clean up the drug dealing in the area? I like the idea of CCTV to monitor things, but why let everyone know? Just do it and tell us about it later after you've hopefully made some progress.

I walk around Ocean ave a lot, I like to see whats going on and hold our elected officials accountable. When this story broke Woodlawn and Ocean and also and Ocean & Fulton which are both high drug areas have been silent like the cemetery. So I guess by announcing it, it gave some a chance to scatter like roaches.

I rather have them pack up and leave then have a bunch of arrest that wont turn into convection since some of the drug soldiers are juveniles.

Posted on: 2014/7/29 16:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 14:34
From Greenville
Group:
Registered Users
Now a lot of you on this board have lived in JC for quite a while and have seen the ups and downs of the city. I'm a new resident and we bought in Greenville. My street is quiet for the most part. Although quiet doesn't mean there isn't stuff going on. I am not oblivious to the shootings two blocks over, or the day to day comings and goings of people on drugs on my block. That being said, I think the announcement of "ramping up efforts" is stupid. Why announce it? Isn't there a better way to clean up the drug dealing in the area? I like the idea of CCTV to monitor things, but why let everyone know? Just do it and tell us about it later after you've hopefully made some progress.

Posted on: 2014/7/29 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
interesting, i've heard before that drug dealers tend to try to keep it on the d-l in order to avoid attracting attention. also instead of just going after the dealers, why not go after the purchasers of hard drugs

Because they aren't hurting anyone?

This is quite the fallacy. Drug users, especially those indulging in "hard" drugs can often be quite the risk to others. Sometimes, people will shoot up or get high and then get in a car and drive. Other times, they will experience hallucinations and will act out or erratically. They are also, sometimes, hurting themselves to the point that they need to be taken to hospitals to be treated for overdoses, etc. That represents a cost shared by all taxpayers.

Now, if you want to buy some weed, and smoke it in the confines of your home, go ahead. It's not for me, but I don't have a problem with others indulging.

I'm pretty sure that in addition to what you said, users of hard drugs get addicted and end up stealing, robbing, etc. to keep "scoring" more drugs. So I agree with you that both sets of people (dealers and users) are dangerous to others.

Posted on: 2014/7/29 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
interesting, i've heard before that drug dealers tend to try to keep it on the d-l in order to avoid attracting attention. also instead of just going after the dealers, why not go after the purchasers of hard drugs

This is quite the fallacy. Drug users, especially those indulging in "hard" drugs can often be quite the risk to others. Sometimes, people will shoot up or get high and then get in a car and drive. Other times, they will experience hallucinations and will act out or erratically. They are also, sometimes, hurting themselves to the point that they need to be taken to hospitals to be treated for overdoses, etc. That represents a cost shared by all taxpayers.

Now, if you want to buy some weed, and smoke it in the confines of your home, go ahead. It's not for me, but I don't have a problem with others indulging.

Posted on: 2014/7/29 14:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Really? So pissing and shitting in between folks alleyways, and shooting up wads of heroin in someones front yard, Trying to keep your children from stepping on needles in the kiddie play area, finding nasty needles on the lightrail platform, having a wacko chic from Bayonne sitting on the roof of a car naked screaming after doing acid. These are just a few things we have to live with here. So yes they should go after the purchasers. They hurt and disrupt our lives daily as well as the dealers.

I hear you user1111, but wouldn't it be better that user's are sent to rehab farms and only released when any drug of their choice is out of their system and are 'clean'. We need a serious sustained education program for drug users.

As for dealers, throw their sorry ass in prison with a hard labor inclusion

Posted on: 2014/7/29 12:19
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Really? So pissing and shitting in between folks alleyways, and shooting up wads of heroin in someones front yard, Trying to keep your children from stepping on needles in the kiddie play area, finding nasty needles on the lightrail platform, having a wacko chic from Bayonne sitting on the roof of a car naked screaming after doing acid. These are just a few things we have to live with here. So yes they should go after the purchasers. They hurt and disrupt our lives daily as well as the dealers.

Posted on: 2014/7/29 11:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/7/29 11:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/29 1:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Drug dealers do market their wares without knowing it - The dealers that are out in the open normally and give the local community a bad reputation hang-out in lower income socio-economic areas and government housing estates.

The likelihood of them going to VV or H park is low, unless there is a need in these areas.

The CCTV cameras are more likely to catch the dumb-ass dealers and clients and move deals being done in other parts of our poorer communities. I been told that our wealthier members of the community using drugs are more discreet and deal underground; according to a long serving NYPD friend !

Posted on: 2014/7/28 23:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sam112 wrote:
My concern is that the drug dealers will just move operations over to another area. If it were an unpublized all-out bust of any dealers and other bad guys, you may be able to get some arrests. But, once you let them know where you are focusing resources, then (if I were a dealer) I would just move my operations over a bit. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't see this as helping eliminate the problems -- may only move the problem??

You really don't know how the drug game works.... Most of our dealers here in GV are not from the area, they hide their goods in driveways, alleyways, and apt buildings. It would be hard just to move to another location if you have established customers in your current location etc... I see the same dealers daily who all commute from Newark and East Orange to GV.

Posted on: 2014/7/28 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
My concern is that the drug dealers will just move operations over to another area. If it were an unpublized all-out bust of any dealers and other bad guys, you may be able to get some arrests. But, once you let them know where you are focusing resources, then (if I were a dealer) I would just move my operations over a bit. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't see this as helping eliminate the problems -- may only move the problem??

Posted on: 2014/7/28 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
So anyone see any changes in these areas?

Posted on: 2014/7/28 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i could deal with the sex. if it were me, i might even put up a camera. i could not deal with drugs and needles.

why aren't there more cctv's in the tough parts of time to try to cut down on crime

Posted on: 2014/7/28 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Get 7 of these to help !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/7/28 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Well today is day one, we will be watching.

Posted on: 2014/7/28 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
You're a 'special' person borisp. This poster sums you up perfectly!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/7/28 0:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/31 13:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

RoxxxyMusic1979 wrote:
I live on Kennedy Boulevard in Greenville, a block away from a major heroin distribution center apartment building known to the cops.
I LOVE my house. I own it, it's mine, I'm a JC lifer...
I have lived here for 56 years.
For the past 5 years or so, every morning I can pick up at least a dozen dope "baggies" in front of my gate.
I have cleaned up a USED condom from my driveway. Jesus H. Christ! Screw ELSEWHERE!!!
I have caught a youthful couple screwing in my alleyway. Went after them with the only weapon I had, a kitchen knife...was told by JCPD that I was the aggressor here...(!) MY property being invaded by animals who couldn't find a more private place to procreate...and I am at fault...JEEZ...
Last week I drove up into my driveway to find a "youth" behind my gate...??? WTF??? sicced my dog on her...am sure were the cops to come I'd be the aggressor...:( Turned out she was as much afraid of me as I was of her, it was a wash... but still...

Roxxy baby you need a cold beer !

Call the cops once they enter your property, have some "Do not Trespass" signs and some warning "CCTV camera" signs (even if you don't have any) and keep a bucket of water or garden hose at the ready ... like dogs and cats, water will have them running !

Well, one thing to say for you, - you are an a$$ consistently.

I can't even imagine what should be happening in that head of yours for you to adopt this condescending tone giving this advice to someone in roxxy's position.

Posted on: 2014/7/27 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RoxxxyMusic1979 wrote:
I live on Kennedy Boulevard in Greenville, a block away from a major heroin distribution center apartment building known to the cops.
For the past 5 years or so, every morning I can pick up at least a dozen dope "baggies" in front of my gate.
I have cleaned up a USED condom from my driveway. Jesus H. Christ! Screw ELSEWHERE!!!
I have caught a youthful couple screwing in my alleyway. Went after them with the only weapon I had, a kitchen knife...was told by JCPD that I was the aggressor here...(!) MY property being invaded by animals who couldn't find a more private place to procreate...and I am at fault...JEEZ...
Last week I drove up into my driveway to find a "youth" behind my gate...??? WTF??? sicced my dog on her...am sure were the cops to come I'd be the aggressor...:( Turned out she was as much afraid of me as I was of her, it was a wash... but still...

Roxxy baby you need a cold beer !

Call the cops once they enter your property, have some "Do not Trespass" signs and some warning "CCTV camera" signs (even if you don't have any) and keep a bucket of water or garden hose at the ready ... like dogs and cats, water will have them running !

Posted on: 2014/7/27 5:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/2 2:24
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/7/27 5:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Only in these hyper-political times do we advertise these things. How about the city just do something without blasting it all over the press and social media? Just go catch criminals and then we'll pat the cops, the mayor and the councilmen on the back.

Your right, , why give these areas a warning that they are stepping it up. Just go in and go to work picking them up.

Posted on: 2014/7/26 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Only in these hyper-political times do we advertise these things. How about the city just do something without blasting it all over the press and social media? Just go catch criminals and then we'll pat the cops, the mayor and the councilmen on the back.

Posted on: 2014/7/26 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I can't wait til Monday to see the change!

Posted on: 2014/7/26 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillelifer wrote:
Grant Ave and MLK

seems like the areas chosen are close to where drug trafficking is high and near a lightrail.

Posted on: 2014/7/25 17:48

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/12 22:31
From 07305
Group:
Registered Users
Grant Ave and MLK

Posted on: 2014/7/24 20:49

Jersey City police ramping up efforts in 7 areas driving gun violence
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Bye, Bye Dealers there is a new sheriff in town.

Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal

The Jersey City Police Department has identified seven areas where drug trafficking and street disputes have triggered gun violence in the city that has seen 43 shootings and 15 homicides so far this year, officials said.

?Starting Monday, we will have a more visible presence at those locations,? city Public Safety Director James Shea said during an editorial board meeting at The Jersey Journal yesterday afternoon.

?We are talking about a persistent police presence. These areas are persistent in their crime problems.?

Shea said the effort to stem the violence will include surveillance at the locations. The department will also work more closely with the Hudson County Prosecutor?s Office in investigating both fatal and nonfatal shootings, Shea said.

The seven zones are the areas of Bergen and Lexington avenues, Ocean and Bostwick avenues, Stevens Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive, Ocean and Lembeck avenues, Rutgers and Chapel avenues, Grant Street and MLK Drive, and Salem Lafayette Court, which is located in the Salem Lafayette housing complex, near MLK Drive and Union Street.

More

Posted on: 2014/7/24 18:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017