Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
137 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 137

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: ENOUGH! 15TH CITY MURDER - JCPD OFFICER ON DUTY AT WALGREENS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

This pic says it all, priceless. JC needs to step it up!!!!

Posted on: 2014/7/13 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
There's a Lawrence Campbell noted in the NJ Inmate search database that matches the age of the suspect from Hudson County. I don't want to post the information and photo in case this isn't the suspect. If this is the suspect, pay particular attention to the offenses and the jail terms served vs. the mandatory sentences.

To access the search:

https://www6.state.nj.us/DOC_Inmate/inmatesearch

Posted on: 2014/7/13 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Agreed. Stores wouldn't be open 24 hours unless folks patronized them. I don't live a quiet, 9 to 5 life, and often need items late at night. We live in a city - that's the way city life is.

However, I'd bet the ranch that the perp has a long rap sheet, going back to his juvenile days, where he was caught and released without serving a long mandatory stretch for crimes that were almost a bad omen of what was to come. We're coddling our local criminals. We're giving them light sentences for major crimes. Look at the recent shootings - who were the guys that either got shot or were the shooters - most had rap sheets for some serious charges.

This POS was wanted for a prior homicide, and it looks like he planned to ambush the cops, with no intention to rob the store.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/je ... led-robbery-call-24540098

Posted on: 2014/7/13 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Man who killed Jersey City police officer is identified

By Ron Zeitlinger | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on July 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM, updated July 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM

The man who police say shot and killed a Jersey City police officer early this morning and was killed himself by police in the aftermath has been identified as Lawrence Campbell of Grant Avenue in Jersey City, Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop announced at a news conference moments ago.

Jersey City Police Officer Melvin Santiago was shot and killed shortly after 4 a.m. today by Campbell, authorities say, after police received a report of an armed robbery at the Walgreens at the corner of Communipaw Avenue and Kennedy Boulevard.

LINK

Posted on: 2014/7/13 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
why not just export violent felons to saudi arabia, north korea, or sierra leone or el salvador

Yeah because all those countries are ONLY filled with criminals, you sir are a fucking asshole and a moron. I am embarrassed for you.

I think he/she meant that they would be dealt with much more harshly in those countries. At least I hope that's what they meant.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Probably the same perp from the Rite-Aid robbery.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
why not just export violent felons to saudi arabia, north korea, or sierra leone or el salvador

Yeah because all those countries are ONLY filled with criminals, you sir are a fucking asshole and a moron. I am embarrassed for you.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
that whole area needs a comprehensive plan to fight the criminals. while i am skeptical of stop and frisk, i wonder if there are long range or wide area devices that can scan for the presence of guns....also, i wonder how many times the felon had been locked up and released? why not just export violent felons to saudi arabia, north korea, or sierra leone or el salvador

Posted on: 2014/7/13 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/4 19:36
From McGinley Square / Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately hardly surprising at that location. In the past decade on at least 2 occasions I reported the lax late night security, particularly regarding the general sense of lawlessness in the parking lot (people openly drinking beers, crack smoking in cars, begging) to Walgreens corporate. They would always reply quickly putting on a big show of changes to come. I'd get calls from corporate security, from the local secuirity firm, from the store manager, but nothing really seemed to change long-term. The off-duty cops who they hired never seemed to be paying attention, and certainly wouldn't keep an eye outside and make much effort to clean things out.

I'm not necessarily saying that if they were on top of things, this would not have happened. It's one of the few places in the area open all night, so if you're looking to rob somewhere, it's on your shortlist. But I'd like to think that if the store had a reputation for tight security, and a place where screwing around in the parking lot was quickly shut down, maybe it would be more likely to be crossed off as a good target. I'm curious to hear how the secuirty guard's gun was taken from him. If he was paying as little attention to his surroundings as most of the guys I've seen working there, then again, hardly surprising. And a complete and total shame.

I think I have the right to be able to buy milk at 3 AM without fear of being robbed in the parking lot, or worse. Shutting down all night stores is not the answer.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed. Stores wouldn't be open 24 hours unless folks patronized them. I don't live a quiet, 9 to 5 life, and often need items late at night. We live in a city - that's the way city life is.

However, I'd bet the ranch that the perp has a long rap sheet, going back to his juvenile days, where he was caught and released without serving a long mandatory stretch for crimes that were almost a bad omen of what was to come. We're coddling our local criminals. We're giving them light sentences for major crimes. Look at the recent shootings - who were the guys that either got shot or were the shooters - most had rap sheets for some serious charges.

It's nice to look through rose colored glasses and think that our recidivism programs may have an impact in the city - but when are we going to put an equal amount of effort and dollars into the proper prosecution and incarceration of the career thugs that are wreaking havoc in our city? When will we put some teeth into our juvenile system instead of releasing hardcore teens back into the community with a slap on the wrist?

What message are we sending when we give more concern to the criminals than the good citizens of the city?

Posted on: 2014/7/13 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Very sad day for the city indeed. my condolences to the family. I do not think 24 hour stores is our problem, thieves. robbers and stick-up kids are.
Stores get robbed at 12 noon and people get mugged at 3:00 PM in this town. We have three 24 hour store/pharmacies up this way and I love it. Its very convenient when you need an item and its 1:15 in the morning.

Not everyone works 9-5 (I don't, I haven't in 10 years) so its important to have 24 hr spots to cater to everyone.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 13:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

?Today was a horrible day for Jersey City,? said Jersey Mayor Steven Fulop who held a press conference this morning at the Jersey City Medical Center announcing the death of Officer Melvin Santiago.

Santiiago was pronounced dead at the Jersey City Medical Center after being shot while responding to a report of an armed robbery at the Walgreen?s store at Communipaw Avenue and Kennedy Boulevard early this morning, Fulop said.

At 4:09 a.m. Santiago and another officer responded to the Walgreen?s from Bergen and Lexington avenues and were the first officers to arrive at the scene. The gunman, who has not yet been identified, opened fire on the marked police car. Santiago, who was still in the vehicle, was struck in the head, Fulop said at the press conference.

Santiago was rushed to the Medical Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later, Fulop said.

Additional responding officers returned fire and the gunman was shot and pronounced dead at the scene. The armed security guard at the Walgreen's stated that the actor struck him and took his weapon, which police believe was the weapon used in the shooting.

?It is a tragic situation when any officer is killed in the line of duty,? Fulop said. ?Melvin was an officer who represented everything one would want to see in a police officer. I know the entire city's thoughts and prayers are with the Santiago family during this difficult time and we mourn together."

Further updates on the ongoing investigation are expected to be released by the Hudson County Prosecutor?s? Office.

LINK

Posted on: 2014/7/13 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

YouniqPilates wrote:

Since freedom should be given to the society that is civilized enough to be able to handle it.
Freedom in a wrong hands is a dangerous weapon. So, restrict it on many levels

piss off. robberies, murders and the like have been happening since when we were apes. free, not free, somewhere in between - they have nothing to do with each other.

keep your false profundities to yourself, and kindly get the fk away from my freedoms because you can't form coherent sentences.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Keep bickering politicians - keep accusing each other of malfeasance - while the bodies continue to pile up in our city.

ENOUGH!

----------------------------------------------------

Jersey City police officer killed at Walgreens in line of duty: reports

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/natio ... e-1.1864902#ixzz37LnEge00

A Jersey City police officer was fatally shot outside of a local Walgreens, it was reported Sunday.

Officer Melvin Santiago was killed responding to an armed robbery, according to news reports.

A security guard is being treated for his injuries. Police officers were seen lined up outside of the emergency room where Santiago was taken.

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop was scheduled to hold a news conference outside of the Jersey City Medical Center on Sunday.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/natio ... e-1.1864902#ixzz37LmO5R45

-----------------------------

More:

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (WPVI) -- A Jersey City police officer was shot and killed early Sunday morning while responding to a robbery at a 24-hour Walgreens store, WABC reports.

It happened shortly after 4:00 a.m. at the store on Communipaw Avenue and JFK Boulevard West.

The officer has been identified as Melvin Santiago.

Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop tells WABC, Officer Santiago was shot in the head by a gunman who beat up an armed security guard inside the store and took his weapon.

Officer Santiago was driving the first police cruiser that responded to the crime scene.

The gunman was shot and killed by other officers at the scene.

No customers were injured.

Link

First, my sincerest condolences to Officer Santiago's family, friends & brothers/sisters in blue. The entire city loses when one of our brave responders is taken from us.

That being said, what can we do? More gun laws? We have enough gun laws but the very people who are committing the crimes aren't reading them & have little regard for them. More officers on the streets? That only works to a degree. Why? Because their presence can only act as a deterrent. Those hellbent on committing some atrocity will do so regardless of how much blue is on the steet. If we could get into the mind we would then know the answer.

A possible solution. All businesses closed by 1am or whatever time. Why is a place with overpriced goods & drugs open at 4am? This is begging for trouble. Same with 24 hour gas stations, they are real easy marks. When I was growing up, in Jersey City, there were no stores that I can recall other than bars being open past 9 or 10 pm. Everyone was closed by 1pm or 2pm on a Sunday. So how do you solve the problem of a medical situation that required a prescription being filled? Your doctor made a phone call & found out which pharmacy in your area was on call. (This is when doctor's made house calls) Or you could make a call & find out. You then went to that pharmacy, which appeared closed & got what you needed. This is how I remember, the pharmacies took turns being on call. I remember 3 - Jersey Drug, Central Drug & Lenzi's.

Does it fix everything? No, but it may slow it down.

Once again, my condolences.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 12:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/29 19:11
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Enable better online shopping and deliveries so everything can close by 11pm. So, the riffraffs do not have a places to go and jeopardize innocent workers and people on duty.
Since freedom should be given to the society that is civilized enough to be able to handle it.
Sadly.
There is always that one idiot that puts humanity down. That one block that destroys the towns reputation, that one person that changes the history and leaves a bad mark on it. Freedom in a wrong hands is a dangerous weapon. So, restrict it on many levels and slowly filter the bad from the good. There is no reason why many should loiter around and have stores open for them so late. If one genuinely needs it, maybe some 24h secured booth should be in place.
Of course, many would disagree with it..until one loses someone close.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 12:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City Officer Shot, Killed on Robbery Call

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/je ... led-robbery-call-24540098

Posted on: 2014/7/13 12:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
My heart goes out to Officer Santiago and his family.

Shocking and outrageous that this is the second late night robbery on a pharmacy in 2 nights, within a short distance of each other.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ut_door.html#incart_river

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... of_duty.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/7/13 12:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/29 19:11
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Unbelievable.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 12:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Channel 2 News is reporting that the suspect who shot the officer has also been killed.

Channel 2 news reported that Officer Santiago was shot while in his car. The suspect was shot dead at the scene.

There was a hostage situation in the Walgreens prior to the suspect being shot.

Posted on: 2014/7/13 12:33

ENOUGH! 15TH CITY MURDER - JCPD OFFICER ON DUTY AT WALGREENS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Keep bickering politicians - keep accusing each other of malfeasance - while the bodies continue to pile up in our city.

ENOUGH!

----------------------------------------------------

Jersey City police officer killed at Walgreens in line of duty: reports

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/natio ... e-1.1864902#ixzz37LnEge00

A Jersey City police officer was fatally shot outside of a local Walgreens, it was reported Sunday.

Officer Melvin Santiago was killed responding to an armed robbery, according to news reports.

A security guard is being treated for his injuries. Police officers were seen lined up outside of the emergency room where Santiago was taken.

Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop was scheduled to hold a news conference outside of the Jersey City Medical Center on Sunday.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/natio ... e-1.1864902#ixzz37LmO5R45

-----------------------------

More:

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (WPVI) -- A Jersey City police officer was shot and killed early Sunday morning while responding to a robbery at a 24-hour Walgreens store, WABC reports.

It happened shortly after 4:00 a.m. at the store on Communipaw Avenue and JFK Boulevard West.

The officer has been identified as Melvin Santiago.

Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop tells WABC, Officer Santiago was shot in the head by a gunman who beat up an armed security guard inside the store and took his weapon.

Officer Santiago was driving the first police cruiser that responded to the crime scene.

The gunman was shot and killed by other officers at the scene.

No customers were injured.

Link

Posted on: 2014/7/13 12:22

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact