Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hoboken hosts first City of Water Day
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
will bikes be allowed on the ferry to gov island?

Posted on: 2014/7/8 15:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
And Maxwell Park is easier to get to than LSP? Except if one live in Hoboken, or have a car, I think LSP is easier to get to. I could be wrong - since I've never been to Maxwell Park.

Posted on: 2014/7/8 14:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/27 23:02
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I asked them earlier last week why they moved it from LSP and they said that they were not getting the kind of numbers of people that they wanted.

Posted on: 2014/7/8 12:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
What's the easiest way to via public transportation get from Maxwell Park back to downtown JC? According to Google Maps, I see the only way was a bus to the Hoboken terminal, then PATH/Light Rail. Any other easy options?

Also, I remember this was held at Liberty State Park last year (instead of Hoboken). I wonder why it was moved?!?!?!? What did Hoboken had to do / offer to get this???

Posted on: 2014/7/8 1:59

Hoboken hosts first City of Water Day
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
This looks like it might be fun, and there will ferries going to Governors Island, that will stop in JC...

City of Waterday: http://www.cityofwaterday.org/

Hoboken hosts first City of Water Day

The city of Hoboken is teaming up with the Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance for its first City of Water Day on Saturday.

Visitors will have access to free kayak and ferry rides, along with a multitude of children's activities, concerts and boat tours.

The event will assist people with "reconnecting with the Hudson River, which is such an important part" of the community, Mayor Dawn Zimmer said.

Although this is seventh annual celebration, it's Hoboken's first time hosting the event.

Tens of thousands came out to the waterfront in years past, Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance President Roland Lewis said.

And not just Hoboken residents are invited; residents of Weehawken and Jersey City are encouraged to take part in the festivities, especially because the ferries will make a stop in Jersey City, Zimmer said.

The free hourly ferry service, which will make two stops -- one in Hoboken and one in Jersey City -- before stopping at Governors Island is "a tremendous opportunity," she added.

Typically, access to the island requires transferring through Manhattan.

Weehawken Mayor Richard Turner said he has never been to Governors Island and may take the ferry Saturday.

Turner added the expansion and protection of the waterfront in Hudson County will continue in Weehawken. The city is building new piers and teaching residents about the river, he said.

Educating the public about the river has become a priority for both the alliance and bordering cities.

"Over time people started to view the Hudson ... as not a place you would spend time in," said Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop, who swims in the river.

He noted the Waterfront Alliance is working on changing public mentality through events like City of Water Day, and investing in businesses that highlight the river.

The event will run from 10 a.m. through 4 p.m. at Maxwell Place Park (Eleventh Street and Sinatra Drive).

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... st_city_of_water_day.html

Posted on: 2014/7/8 1:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017