Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Delayed Garbage Collection?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
perhaps one member of the team was sick

Posted on: 2014/6/28 20:16

Delayed Garbage Collection?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/28 18:09
From 07305
Group:
Registered Users
I can only speak for my immediate neighborhood (Ward A) but trash was not picked up at its regular scheduled time (Friday night) up until this afternoon. In 85 degree weather, the stench coming from the garbage laid on the streets is appalling.

Has garbage not been collected until today in other Jersey City neighborhoods as well? Is there an official explanation from the City administration for this delay?

I am thankful that the garbage truck came through on my street however late but I am also concerned to ask -

Why is there only ONE man collecting garbage on this particular run through of ward A? Garbage collection is a two-man job, in some instances three.

In this heat and the amount of work the garbage collector has in front of him it is only obvious to say this is not a one-man job. I can't reason why there isn't the usual team of at least two garbage collectors.

Can someone from the city please explain for the short staffing?

I met this garbage collector for a brief moment on his route and offered him a bottled water. He appreciated the gesture. Truly, a harder working man I have not seen with sweat pouring down his face and his chest heaving to catch a fresh breath of air. He is trying to finish his route as fast as he can.

If you see the garbage truck coming through your neighborhood and you have a spare bottled water to give, please consider passing it on to the hard working man collecting garbage today. I'm pretty sure no amount of money earned per hour for his position can repay the debt we owe to him as a community for the hard labor he is giving us to clean our streets today.

Posted on: 2014/6/28 18:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017