Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
42 user(s) are online (8 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 42

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »

Re: Fulop to solicit proposals from for-profit companies to replace FOL in running the Loew’s theater
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
He has a very vested interest in this - Dale is a Mayoral appointee to the Loews Board. And he likes to throw insults into arguments. Any fool can see that...

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
WhoElseCouldIBe, you're an anonymous idiot. Fulop is "focusing on this project" as he realizes how much it will mean to Jersey City. even a fool can see that.

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wro
te:
Would not be surprised if Fulop is getting kickbacks from LiveNation or a company like that. It's plausible considering how much energy he's focusing on this project.

And you're either naive or have a vested interest in this.

Yup, it's making even more sense now. Thanks.

Posted on: 2014/6/14 22:32

Re: Fulop to solicit proposals from for-profit companies to replace FOL in running the Loew’s theater
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
He has a very vested interest in this - Dale is a Mayoral appointee to the Loews Board. And he likes to throw insults into arguments. Any fool can see that...

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
WhoElseCouldIBe, you're an anonymous idiot. Fulop is "focusing on this project" as he realizes how much it will mean to Jersey City. even a fool can see that.

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wro
te:
Would not be surprised if Fulop is getting kickbacks from LiveNation or a company like that. It's plausible considering how much energy he's focusing on this project.

Posted on: 2014/6/14 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wro
te:

Posted on: 2014/6/14 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, its on Fulop because Sommer works for Fulop and Fulop was aware of the problem and the ball dropping and shrugged it off. The buck stops at the top.

Right, so you aren't able to answer the question about the allocation? I've already outlined the concerns many of us residents have about the allocation process and potential added costs for community groups to produce there once there's a new management group. So don't say that's conjecture (which is insulting, btw). That's a realistic concern and apparently you all aren't able to allay any fears here. So we are justified in asking for this to outlined and made fair.

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
FOL dates and other community groups will be determined by winner of RFP.

If Bob Summer dropped the ball that's on him not Fulop.

Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Then please explain to us how the dates for FOL and community groups will be spread out/allocated, and what/if any cost these groups will bear to produce there outside of their standard programming costs. That has never been addressed, and I'd like some clarity around it.

I want to look into ACE as I'm interested in what you said about them. I'm not saying anything negative about them as I do't know much about them - so chill out on that.

Its not conjecture about Fulop and the advisory committee as I worked this issue via a Council person, and Fulop himself told us/Council person he'd have Bob Sommer call this qualified resident expert about participating on the RFP team given her great skill set. Resumes and credentials were provided. Sommer did not handle it well - the Mayor asked him to call the expert about participating. However Sommer waited 2-3 weeks ignoring our emails and call. Then he finally called her after the review team started, to tell her she wasn't welcome (this is 6 days into the multi-month process, mind you). When this was explained to Fulop and we asked him to talk to Sommer about this, the Mayor shrugged it off. That was total crap.

So don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Kara Hrabowsky, here is the AEC link: http://www.acetheatricalgroup.com/

If you read the RFP you already know that the city through the JCEDC will provide ultimate management oversight
and AEC is well-equipped to handle ALL issues. As I said before AEC are world leaders in historical preservation, restoration and booking management.

Fulop is NOT involved in any selection of advisory committee! That is merely conjecture.

You are simply wrong on how dates will be utilized by FOL

Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Dale, can you please provide the url for AEC? Lots of companies are coming up under that name.

My issues are with the Management side of the RFP. There are a lot of details that the RFP team is potentially not equipped to handle as not many (if any) of them have true live entertainment , non-profit venue management , or expertise working between live entertainment and government admins. as far as I can tell. The Mayor refused to let a highly qualified citizen (who helped build Bergen PAC & SOPAC, for example), with this very experience breadth of expertise and no financial stake in the outcome nor any ties to FOL be on the RFP review board as was requested and pleaded for for months. Nope, she was shut out after the leader of the RFP group ignored calls and emails from her and a reputable council person for weeks before the review process began. Then when he did return her call, he told her it was "too late". This is after he ignored attempts to be reached on this very issue for 3-4 weeks prior to the deadline.

That she was shut out is a huge disservice to the residents, local arts groups and the future of the theatre. Fulop's ego is really tied up in this project and he is not listening to reason or any other points of view except his very narrow one. Its shameful he would not let such a valuable expert who was ready to volunteer huge amounts of time to help him, the city and residents get the best possible deal. And you all should know this.

Everyone thinks the arts are this touchy feely thing that they all understand how it works. Its not. Its a business with many different models, nuances, and complicated details. Fulop doesn't get this at all and seems to want to just sell out to a Live Nation or an AEG completely. Would you hire an accounting firm for the city without having someone(s) very experienced with accounting firms, services and negotiations on that RFP board? I don't think so.

A hyrbrid model really needs to be considered here. One in which a non-profit community based entity is established, but that also contracts a certain number of dates with a commercial group like a Bowery Presents or a Lvie Nation. There is room for both, but not if a commercial entity gets the management piece of the contract. Sure, FOL and community groups will get a set number of dates per yer per the RFP (unless the new management firm whines its way out of it and the city lets them). But what dates? Because a commercial management firm is NOT going to spread those dates out fairly in ways that those groups can really use them. Say goodbye to any movies or community shows on the weekend evenings, for example. Get ready for your 20 FOL films jammed into un-booked nights in July & August. Or on Wednesday nights, when they have little chance of drawing an audience. And let's not forget the COST these local groups will have to pay to use the space. These management firms don't so much as open the doors without a cost to the producing group.And forget it if the theatre goes union.

The only way to get a fair shake for the community based groups and residents, while elevating the programming to include larger touring groups is to make this a non-profit hybrid model. A super example that the group should be seriously considering modeling the Loews after is the highly diverse and successful United Palace Theatre in Washington Heights.They do it all, and there is no reason we cannot have this here in JC.

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
Full disclosure. I was appointed to the FOL
as a Board Trustee last fall. Myself and
Rekha Nadwani were both asked to recuse
ourselves from meeting where board voted
to sue city.

In the meantime, I called AEC and ask they
participate in the RFP. They flew eight or 10
of their people in and have spent more time
in going over every inch of Loew's than any
other participant. AEC has done more historical
preservation of theaters in American then any
other company in the world. Go to their site to
see what venues they have done or are in
process of restoring including the twin to the

AEC has also partnered with both NJCU and
NJPAC and will also work with FOL and other
groups for community events.

AEC also runs profitably every venue they
book programming for in the country.

Those who think FOL could do what AEC or
others might be able to do with FOL's lack
of contacts, funding andskillsets to both
restore and book programming are pretty
naive or in denial of what has transpired
so far.

Mayor Fulop has put in place the only way
that the Loew's will be fully preserved,
restored and a plethora of both community
and national programming will take place
in perpetuity

Posted on: 2014/6/14 22:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
FOL dates and other community groups will be determined by winner of RFP.

If Bob Summer dropped the ball that's on him not Fulop.

Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Then please explain to us how the dates for FOL and community groups will be spread out/allocated, and what/if any cost these groups will bear to produce there outside of their standard programming costs. That has never been addressed, and I'd like some clarity around it.

I want to look into ACE as I'm interested in what you said about them. I'm not saying anything negative about them as I do't know much about them - so chill out on that.

Its not conjecture about Fulop and the advisory committee as I worked this issue via a Council person, and Fulop himself told us/Council person he'd have Bob Sommer call this qualified resident expert about participating on the RFP team given her great skill set. Resumes and credentials were provided. Sommer did not handle it well - the Mayor asked him to call the expert about participating. However Sommer waited 2-3 weeks ignoring our emails and call. Then he finally called her after the review team started, to tell her she wasn't welcome (this is 6 days into the multi-month process, mind you). When this was explained to Fulop and we asked him to talk to Sommer about this, the Mayor shrugged it off. That was total crap.

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:

If you read the RFP you already know that the city through the JCEDC will provide ultimate management oversight
and AEC is well-equipped to handle ALL issues. As I said before AEC are world leaders in historical preservation, restoration and booking management.

Fulop is NOT involved in any selection of advisory committee! That is merely conjecture.

Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Dale, can you please provide the url for AEC? Lots of companies are coming up under that name.

My issues are with the Management side of the RFP. There are a lot of details that the RFP team is potentially not equipped to handle as not many (if any) of them have true live entertainment , non-profit venue management , or expertise working between live entertainment and government admins. as far as I can tell. The Mayor refused to let a highly qualified citizen (who helped build Bergen PAC & SOPAC, for example), with this very experience breadth of expertise and no financial stake in the outcome nor any ties to FOL be on the RFP review board as was requested and pleaded for for months. Nope, she was shut out after the leader of the RFP group ignored calls and emails from her and a reputable council person for weeks before the review process began. Then when he did return her call, he told her it was "too late". This is after he ignored attempts to be reached on this very issue for 3-4 weeks prior to the deadline.

That she was shut out is a huge disservice to the residents, local arts groups and the future of the theatre. Fulop's ego is really tied up in this project and he is not listening to reason or any other points of view except his very narrow one. Its shameful he would not let such a valuable expert who was ready to volunteer huge amounts of time to help him, the city and residents get the best possible deal. And you all should know this.

Everyone thinks the arts are this touchy feely thing that they all understand how it works. Its not. Its a business with many different models, nuances, and complicated details. Fulop doesn't get this at all and seems to want to just sell out to a Live Nation or an AEG completely. Would you hire an accounting firm for the city without having someone(s) very experienced with accounting firms, services and negotiations on that RFP board? I don't think so.

A hyrbrid model really needs to be considered here. One in which a non-profit community based entity is established, but that also contracts a certain number of dates with a commercial group like a Bowery Presents or a Lvie Nation. There is room for both, but not if a commercial entity gets the management piece of the contract. Sure, FOL and community groups will get a set number of dates per yer per the RFP (unless the new management firm whines its way out of it and the city lets them). But what dates? Because a commercial management firm is NOT going to spread those dates out fairly in ways that those groups can really use them. Say goodbye to any movies or community shows on the weekend evenings, for example. Get ready for your 20 FOL films jammed into un-booked nights in July & August. Or on Wednesday nights, when they have little chance of drawing an audience. And let's not forget the COST these local groups will have to pay to use the space. These management firms don't so much as open the doors without a cost to the producing group.And forget it if the theatre goes union.

The only way to get a fair shake for the community based groups and residents, while elevating the programming to include larger touring groups is to make this a non-profit hybrid model. A super example that the group should be seriously considering modeling the Loews after is the highly diverse and successful United Palace Theatre in Washington Heights.They do it all, and there is no reason we cannot have this here in JC.

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
to sue city.

so far.

in perpetuity

Posted on: 2014/6/14 22:20
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

I want to look into ACE as I'm interested in what you said about them. I'm not saying anything negative about them as I don't know much about them - so chill out on that.

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:

Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
to sue city.

so far.

in perpetuity

Posted on: 2014/6/14 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wro
te:

Posted on: 2014/6/14 22:00
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
to sue city.

so far.

in perpetuity

Posted on: 2014/6/14 21:54
Resized Image

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/14 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

BrightMoment wrote:
to sue city.

so far.

in perpetuity

Posted on: 2014/6/14 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
to sue city.

so far.

in perpetuity

Posted on: 2014/6/14 18:14
Resized Image

An interview with Colin Egan, Loews
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Yesterday 19:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/14 13:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
5/26 22:00
Group:
Registered Users
It seems that like Cory Booker, Fulop is a fan of selling out public services and assets to for-profit companies to make the budget look better, and probably in preparation for a run at higher office. It seems to be a feature of these new, Twitter connected wonder-kid, investment bank connected politicians.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Given the terrible track record with the EMS contract, this deal should get more scrutiny.

Fair point.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Given the terrible track record with the EMS contract, this deal should get more scrutiny.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Trivia wrote:
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

DanL wrote:
I could be wrong, but we will be paying for this.

Deferring responsibility to a large, for-profit business is exactly how we don’t pay for it... until we want to buy tickets for something that is.

“That’ll be $25 for the ticket... plus a $10 a surcharge for administrative feather tickling... plus $5 for lack-of-accountability insurance... plus $6.66 for our pact with Satan...”

That's not true though. We are paying for it. If Livenation were coming in and paying for the millions in reno I would pat them on the back and be totally fine with it. The city is fronting the money to rebuild this thing.

Has there even been a public hearing about this?

Don't they have to get any approval from the community to go ahead with this?

Millions of dollars are going to go into rebuilding the Loews and those are taxpayer dollars. This isn't just another developer coming in that is paying for this stuff out of their own pockets, its OUR money.

I don't understand how city hall can get away with this without putting it out for the public to have their say in a public forum or a vote or something.

It's as though what we want or don't want doesn't matter. It's not even about FOL or not FOL, are we prepared to sink MILLIONS OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS into a theater?

Is this really the best use of our money? Couldn't that money go towards improving the schools or building parks? Neighborhood associations and PTO's work so hard to raise money for improvements that really change the lives of people IN THIS CITY. Couldn't that money be invested by the city elsewhere?

I really don't understand how the city sinking millions into this one project will ever be worth it.

One would assume that as part of the deal for running the place the city gets some percentage of revenue or profits. That is normally how these type of contracts are structured. So yes, the city pays up front for renovations etc, but they do get some money back and they aren't giving the building away. So the management company maintains (or even improves the building) and when their contract it up the city still owns the building and could take it over itself, roll over the contract or re-bid.

There are certainly pitfalls to private contracts on these sorts of buildings, but it's not really a big give-away with nothing in return. Or, at least it shouldn't be. The devil is in the details.

As for why there don't need to be public hearings on this... That's why we have elections. We don't need a public hearing on everything, that makes government unworkable. I wouldn't have come up with the same plan as Fulop, but I'd rather this than an endless series of public bickering matches followed by gridlock and no resolution or some ugly compromise.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 14:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/12 13:54
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

DanL wrote:

Deferring responsibility to a large, for-profit business is exactly how we don’t pay for it... until we want to buy tickets for something that is.

“That’ll be $25 for the ticket... plus a $10 a surcharge for administrative feather tickling... plus $5 for lack-of-accountability insurance... plus $6.66 for our pact with Satan...”

That's not true though. We are paying for it. If Livenation were coming in and paying for the millions in reno I would pat them on the back and be totally fine with it. The city is fronting the money to rebuild this thing.

Has there even been a public hearing about this?

Don't they have to get any approval from the community to go ahead with this?

Millions of dollars are going to go into rebuilding the Loews and those are taxpayer dollars. This isn't just another developer coming in that is paying for this stuff out of their own pockets, its OUR money.

I don't understand how city hall can get away with this without putting it out for the public to have their say in a public forum or a vote or something.

It's as though what we want or don't want doesn't matter. It's not even about FOL or not FOL, are we prepared to sink MILLIONS OF TAXPAYER DOLLARS into a theater?

Is this really the best use of our money? Couldn't that money go towards improving the schools or building parks? Neighborhood associations and PTO's work so hard to raise money for improvements that really change the lives of people IN THIS CITY. Couldn't that money be invested by the city elsewhere?

I really don't understand how the city sinking millions into this one project will ever be worth it.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty much. Between this and the attempt to sell us out to McCabe/Carepoint, the bloom is coming off the rose.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 13:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:

Posted on: 2014/6/12 13:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Of course, if you comment on the mayor's FB feed with anything but glowing praise, you get your comment stripped out, and your account blocked.

I hate politicians. And the sycophants that praise them blindly.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 13:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:
I am and likely others are saddened that it came to this. Both sides are right and both sides are wrong. I cannot believe the best outcome is to put it in the hands of a for profit corporation. It seems that the best solution would be to create an organization to oversee the theatre, a Jersey City PAC or fearful of saying, a Hudson County PAC. Who would work with the FoL on the restoration and engage both community groups, non-profit arts organizations and yes, for profit promotion companies to provide and operate programing. I could be wrong, but we will be paying for this.

You could be right, but creating an organization to oversee it could easily go wrong as well, depending on who managed to get themselves a job at that organization. Still, something like the State Theater in New Brunswick shows that a non-profit can do a good job.

I'm just excited that something will happen to start bringing in real management to Loews. If it is not exactly how I'd do it I can still be happy that it seems very likely that it will be an improvement.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 11:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/9 15:56
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I am and likely others are saddened that it came to this. Both sides are right and both sides are wrong. I cannot believe the best outcome is to put it in the hands of a for profit corporation. It seems that the best solution would be to create an organization to oversee the theatre, a Jersey City PAC or fearful of saying, a Hudson County PAC. Who would work with the FoL on the restoration and engage both community groups, non-profit arts organizations and yes, for profit promotion companies to provide and operate programing. I could be wrong, but we will be paying for this.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 2:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
A Hudson County judge has thrown out a lawsuit brought against Jersey City by the nonprofit group that manages the Landmark Loew's Jersey Theatre, paving the way for Mayor Steve Fulop's plan to bring in a high-profile concert promoter to run the former movie palace.

More Here

Great to hear that common sense has prevailed. I have said it before. The FOL may have saved the Loew's from being torn down, but they have done a piss poor job of attracting people to the venue. They make nary an effort to advertise or spread the word about their events (such as the films they show once a month) and that lack of planning and business acumen shows in the poor results they have achieved after so many years.

Posted on: 2014/6/11 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A Hudson County judge has thrown out a lawsuit brought against Jersey City by the nonprofit group that manages the Landmark Loew's Jersey Theatre, paving the way for Mayor Steve Fulop's plan to bring in a high-profile concert promoter to run the former movie palace.

More Here

Posted on: 2014/6/11 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Do they [Live Nation] really do an awful job with Irving Plaza, Roseland, Jones Beach, the Stone Pony and their NYC venues?

The problem is that Live Nation Entertainment is a monopoly that soaks consumers.

Posted on: 2014/5/15 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcman420 wrote:
Simply put, I think Mayor Fulop is not doing right by the people who have saved and preserved this landmark with practically no help from City Hall.

How so?

It is increasingly clear that they don't have the professional skills to run the theater, and the RFP guaranteed the FOL a bunch of dates.

Quote:
I find Mayor Fulop's intimation that the FOL have sat on their hands to be inaccurate and, frankly, pretty lame.

I don't think that's the problem. It's that FOL feels entitled to run the theater, but don't show much ability to do so.

Quote:
Seems to me that the reason the Loew's hasn't taken the giant leaps forward that the Mayor seems to think they should have is because City Hall hasn't stayed true to their promise to fund the improvements.

FOL has had years to raise funds, develop a profesional staff and improve its programming. All they've done is wait for the City, which hasn't had the funds to do anything.

Quote:
The decision will be this: are arts an important enough priority to Jersey City that we want to actually invest in it?

With what money? What programs should we cut, and/or raise what taxes, and/or take on how much debt, to pay to renovate and operate the theater? And then find someone who is actually capable of operating it without losing money?

Quote:
The impending reality that we might see a "LiveNation Loew's" in Journal Square makes me a bit nauseous.

Why?

Do they really do an awful job with Irving Plaza, Roseland, Jones Beach, the Stone Pony and their NYC venues?

Or do you just object to a large company because it's a large company?

Posted on: 2014/5/15 11:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/1 22:03
Group:
Registered Users
This is a cash grab by the city, pure and simple!

Posted on: 2014/5/15 4:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/6 18:16
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
This Wednesday at the Loew's Jersey: NJCU Media Arts Showcase

LINK

Posted on: 2014/5/14 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
5/21 0:41
Group:
Registered Users
I've been pretty on-the-fence about the issue of who should control the Loew's Theater as it takes its next step forward. I have to say, however, I have found the Friends of Loew's recent information campaign to be extremely persuasive.

Simply put, I think Mayor Fulop is not doing right by the people who have saved and preserved this landmark with practically no help from City Hall. I have no ties to or affiliation with FOL, but even as a third-party, I find Mayor Fulop's intimation that the FOL have sat on their hands to be inaccurate and, frankly, pretty lame.

Seems to me that the reason the Loew's hasn't taken the giant leaps forward that the Mayor seems to think they should have is because City Hall hasn't stayed true to their promise to fund the improvements.

The decision will be this: are arts an important enough priority to Jersey City that we want to actually invest in it? Or should the city completely skimp on important cultural investments and simply hand the reins over to some corporation only interested in turning a profit?

The impending reality that we might see a "LiveNation Loew's" in Journal Square makes me a bit nauseous. It will go down as a huge mistake. Fulop is being too stubborn to see that.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VA2015 wrote:
Well, ask and ye shall receive! From the Loew's facebook:

"Q: “Why doesn’t Friends of the Loew’s just respond to the Request for Proposal that the Mayor called for?”

A: The RFP process is not the best way to build an arts center to serve our community and region...

I don’t know if that’s true, but it’s clear that the three options the Mayor presented to FOL merely represented different flavors of either highly restricted involvement, or the clear likelihood of no involvement at all.

Respond to the RFP themselves:
FOL does not have the resources or experience to meet the requirements of project. Other competing bidders do.

Partner with another organization:
A qualified management company would already be able to perform the job themselves. If the Mayor believed in FOL’s relevance and ability, this might have been a requirement for all bidders, but conspicuously, it isn’t.

Aid in the selection of the winning bidder:
The only upside to this consolation prize of an option might be some free sandwiches at a lunch meeting.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 16:05

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017