Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Man fatally shot in Jersey City: authorities
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

Other than the incoherent meaning of your statement....i do believe all in all your name fits you like a glove sir.

Quote:

dooshbag wrote:
the object is to price the undesirables out...that is gentrification

Posted on: 2015/10/22 2:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/7 2:45
From on the edge
Group:
Registered Users
the object is to price the undesirables out...that is gentrification

Posted on: 2015/10/22 2:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City man found guilty of armed home invasion, carjacking

By Caitlin Mota | The Jersey Journal
on October 20, 2015 at 10:49 AM, updated October 20, 2015 at 5:00 PM

A 23-year-old Jersey City man is facing up to 70 years in prison after he was found guilty yesterday of his role in an armed home invasion and carjacking in North Bergen, Hudson County Prosecutor Esther Suarez announced.

Robert Warren, of Clendenny Avenue, was found guilty of eight charges for the June 2, 2014, burglary and carjacking.

According to authorities, Warren and his co-defendant, Gregory Eady, entered a Cottage Avenue apartment and held several people at gunpoint. After the two left the building, they attempted to carjack the driver of a nearby Mercedes Benz at gunpoint.

When the driver did not get out of the vehicle, one or both of the armed men opened fire, striking a headrest in the car, authorities said.

During the investigation, Warren's fingerprints were found on the interior and exterior of the Mercedes Benz. Surveillance video also captured Warren's car fleeing the scene, Hudson County Prosecutor Esther Suarez announced.

In March of this year, Eady, 20, pleaded guilty to carjacking, armed robbery and armed burglary. He also pleaded guilty to the double murders of Jamal Cooks, 22, and Shawn Spencer, 21, who were shot multiple times inside a vehicle on Van Nostrand Avenue in Jersey City on June 9, 2014.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... of_2014_north_bergen.html

Posted on: 2015/10/21 5:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I heard about it this earlier this morning while walking the dogs. The 21 year old use to live in the Bayside Park area. He was arrested several times and then moved last summer.

This is a good 13 blocks from me but the news traveled like lightning and most were not surprised by the news. Two less drug dealers in the city was the most common reaction.

I didn't know these guys, nor do I know the neighborhood, but it's always disenheartening to hear someone's sad fate dismissed like that.

But then, I read the article about them, and there are their photos - one flashing a gang sign, the other holding a wad of cash. For all I know they could have been innocent bystanders, as their friends say - but I'm not surprised if the rest of the world doesn't think so, and wish people who didn't want this sort of thing to happen would look more towards the 'virtuous' life and not celebrate the pathologies.

Seriously. Those were the best pictures the victims' families could find?

Posted on: 2014/6/13 17:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I heard about it this earlier this morning while walking the dogs. The 21 year old use to live in the Bayside Park area. He was arrested several times and then moved last summer.

This is a good 13 blocks from me but the news traveled like lightning and most were not surprised by the news. Two less drug dealers in the city was the most common reaction.

I didn't know these guys, nor do I know the neighborhood, but it's always disenheartening to hear someone's sad fate dismissed like that.

But then, I read the article about them, and there are their photos - one flashing a gang sign, the other holding a wad of cash. For all I know they could have been innocent bystanders, as their friends say - but I'm not surprised if the rest of the world doesn't think so, and wish people who didn't want this sort of thing to happen would look more towards the 'virtuous' life and not celebrate the pathologies.

Posted on: 2014/6/13 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
There's a ton of cops on Wade by PS# 34 apparently two thugs got into a squabble with cops, I wouldn't be surprised if these two events are related since this is two blocks away.

Posted on: 2014/6/11 2:46
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(another JJ update)

Friends say murdered Jersey City man must have been innocent bystander

By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

on June 10, 2014 at 7:08 PM, updated June 10, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Friends of one of two men shot to death in a vehicle in Jersey City said this afternoon that he was a good person and must have been an innocent bystander when he was gunned down late last night.

JJ piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ander.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Posted on: 2014/6/11 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/5 16:38
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Two less drug dealers in the city was the most common reaction.

Outrageous. The proper usage is two fewer drug dealers.

Posted on: 2014/6/10 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/6/10 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Another victim has died as a result of the shooting:

Updated Link - Jersey Journal

Two men were shot and killed last night on Van Nostrand Avenue in Jersey City, Hudson County Acting Prosecutor Gaetano T. Gregory announced today.

Earlier this morning, Hudson County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Gene Rubino confirmed that there was at least one victim in the fatal shooting, noting at the time that more information about the shooting would be released later.

At around 11:45 p.m. last night, officers were dispatched to 208 Van Nostrand Ave. on the report of an individual shot, Gregory said.

Upon arriving, they found two men -- Jamal Cooks, 22, and Shawn Spencer, 21, both of Jersey City -- with gunshot wounds, he said. Cooks had a gunshot wound to his torso, while Spencer was shot in the head and shoulder.

Police believe both men were shot while inside a vehicle, Gregory said.

A neighbor who was at the scene of the shooting last night told The Jersey Journal this morning that she heard multiple gunshots being fired outside her home at around 11:30 p.m.

Upon going outside, the woman whose first name is Bridget, saw one man with his face heavily bloodied sitting down and leaning against the door of a parked car in front of 208 Van Nostrand Ave., located between Bergen Avenue and Martin Luther King Drive, she said.

"I was screaming," said Bridget, who declined to give her last name.

Bridget added that other residents swarmed outside and called 911 to ask for help. "He had a lot of blood on his face."

She saw another man who also appeared to be bleeding heavily, lying on the ground across the street, less than 20 feet away from the first victim, Bridget recalled.

The man leaning against the door of the parked car was gasping for breath, while the other man was moaning and writhing on the ground, she added.

Both men were rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center, where Cooks was pronounced dead at around 1:30 a.m., Gregory said. Spencer was later pronounced dead at 7 a.m. this morning.

The HCPO is handling the investigation into the incident with the assistance of the Jersey City Police Department, Gregory said. No arrests have been made yet and a motive has not yet been determined, he said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Hudson County Prosecutor?s Office Homicide Unit at (201) 915-1345 or by email at hcpotips@hcpo.org. All contacts will be kept confidential.

Posted on: 2014/6/10 17:39

Man fatally shot in Jersey City: authorities
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Man fatally shot in Jersey City: authorities

By Jonathan Lin/The Jersey Journal on June 10, 2014 at 11:45 AM

A man was shot and killed last night on Van Nostrand Avenue in Jersey City, according to Hudson County Prosecutor's Office spokesman Gene Rubino.

A neighbor at the scene of the shooting last night told The Jersey Journal this morning that she heard multiple gunshots being fired outside her home at around 11:30 p.m.

Upon going outside, the woman whose first name is Bridget, saw one man with his face heavily bloodied sitting down and leaning against the door of a parked car in front of 208 Van Nostrand Ave., she said.

Full JJ piece...

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... orities.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/6/10 15:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017