Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Anyone Else With Dixon Leasing Issues?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/21 13:17
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks! I started documenting as soon as our steps collapsed. Hopefully, the threat of abatement will be enough. I am trying to get Construction Code on the phone to come down ASAP as my husband pointed out this morning that the facade's middle is bowing out.

Posted on: 2014/6/4 12:49

Re: Anyone Else With Dixon Leasing Issues?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
document everything and create a clear time-line of events with photos and emails ... good luck. I'd wait until you get a Court Order before doing any rent abatement

Posted on: 2014/6/4 12:36
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Anyone Else With Dixon Leasing Issues?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/21 13:17
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
I am at the end of my rope with these guys. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with them and if they got any positive results.

Essentially, they sent workers to clear the steps of snow/ice during the rough winter. They salted the concrete steps instead of shoveled and after a few months, the concrete that was salted disintegrated and caused serious damage to the steps.
The upstairs tenant and I both notified Dixon, who put in temp steps with the understanding that once the weather warmed, they'd put in "real" steps. We still have the temp steps (now warping). After a guest of the upstairs tenant was injured after tripping on the temp last month, the project manager came by and assured us that they were working on the issue but there was a paperwork/permit delay as we are Downtown. Found out yesterday that the landlord was cited three weeks ago by the city for not making the repairs in a timely fashion. Still, no work has commenced. I have pictures of everything.
Yesterday, while bringing garbage cans in, I noticed that the facade is crumbling. Bricks on the bottom are coming away/popping out and there are large cracks running up the front. Called the project manager immediately, who assured me that someone would come by to take a look. No one did. The upstairs neighbor called the property manager and similarly got nowhere and no verbal assurance that this will be fixed. I have email chains going back to the winter about the damage. Clearly, this cannot continue and I don't feel like I can passively wait any longer.
Realistically, what are my choices? My inclination is to email the property manager and let her know that unless *something* is started today, beginning tomorrow I will start pro-rating rent abatement (and put the rent in escrow/another account). Unfortunately, because we always pay on time, June is already paid for. After that, call Housing Code Enforcement?
I have lived in JC for over a decade and have never had a LL this negligent. I did not want to go down this path but checking Yelp, tenants in other buildings have had to take them to court for remediation.

Posted on: 2014/6/4 9:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017