Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: If Your Contractor Hires Ex-Cons - Do You Have a Right to Know?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Yeah, but if felon shot a man in Reno just to watch him die?

Then he's clearly pro-gun rights and should be given an hour long show on Fox News.

First a stop at the ranch.

Militiamen And Oath Keepers Drew Weapons, Threatened To Kill Each Other

-snip-

?I dare ya to draw ? draw motherf*cker, I?m gonna kill ya.?

More: http://crooksandliars.com/2014/05/mil ... oath-keepers-drew-weapons

Posted on: 2014/5/9 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Does this mean that hiring no ex cons is a condition of a contractor receiving a bond?

That's my understanding. I could be wrong, and it could be one of those state-by-state things, so I recommend you double check.

Posted on: 2014/5/9 0:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Back on point for a moment....

If you do not want a contractor who hires ex-felons, hire one who is bonded.

Or, you can ask for the name and city of residence, of the workers. Pony up for a zabasearch or a similar service, and you can see if they have a criminal record. A little bit pricey, but it's legal....

Does this mean that hiring no ex cons is a condition of a contractor receiving a bond? If so great, thanks so much for providing a helpful response that actually is on point. One less thing to be concerned with.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Back on point for a moment....

If you do not want a contractor who hires ex-felons, hire one who is bonded.

Or, you can ask for the name and city of residence, of the workers. Pony up for a zabasearch or a similar service, and you can see if they have a criminal record. A little bit pricey, but it's legal....

Posted on: 2014/5/8 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Disgraced Obama hack Kathleen Sebelius ...

Before writing things out, do you think to yourself "How can I write something to be as insulting as humanly possibly while also demonstrating that I'm a complete fool?"

If you think someone that is governor for 9 years without a shred of controversy, unlike the fat man we have, is a "hack" then I have no idea how you remember to breathe on a daily basis.

She actually was a decent Governor. She became Obama's hack, though, and was in charge of the utterly disastrous, better part of a billion dollar waste of government rollout of Obamacare.

The fact that Obama tried to blow smoke up our collective asses by lauding her forced resignation notwithstanding, by any account her management of Obamacare and the rollout was an epic fail.

The rollout of Obamacare's webpage was better than the rollout of Twitter, an actual tech company run by techs. Yet again, you demonstrate a paucity of knowledge.

Up next you'll post about how today is the best weather we've had all week...

There you have it, Pebs disagrees with Sebelius herself who said the rollout went 'terribly wrong' and was the 'low point' of her five year tenure.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:

Then he's clearly pro-gun rights and should be given an hour long show on Fox News.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 20:20
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/8 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Before writing things out, do you think to yourself "How can I write something to be as insulting as humanly possibly while also demonstrating that I'm a complete fool?"

If you think someone that is governor for 9 years without a shred of controversy, unlike the fat man we have, is a "hack" then I have no idea how you remember to breathe on a daily basis.

She actually was a decent Governor. She became Obama's hack, though, and was in charge of the utterly disastrous, better part of a billion dollar waste of government rollout of Obamacare.

The fact that Obama tried to blow smoke up our collective asses by lauding her forced resignation notwithstanding, by any account her management of Obamacare and the rollout was an epic fail.

The rollout of Obamacare's webpage was better than the rollout of Twitter, an actual tech company run by techs. Yet again, you demonstrate a paucity of knowledge.

Up next you'll post about how today is the best weather we've had all week...

Posted on: 2014/5/8 20:01
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Anyway, like I said people can change. I rather have an ex con working than paying for him to sit in prison because no one will hire him/her.

That's nice but you completely missed the point.

The point is for homeowners to be notified if an ex con will be working in their home. Especially a convicted burglar or the like. Once notified, they can make the choice if they want that or if they want someone else.

Your choice is to go ahead because people can change. That's your right. But you can't take this choice away from others.

I am missing the point? A growing number of states are coming on board. Rhode Island became the eighth state in the country to pass a statewide Ban the Box law, and it?s one of the most expansive versions out there: The state will require all private and public employers to delay questions about criminal history, following Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Hawaii. Four other states and 51 municipalities have already passed similar measures for hiring public employees, according to the National Employment Law Project. Ban the Box bills are now being considered in New Jersey and California, which passed an executive measure covering public employees in 2010. So if the bill is passed in NJ it is none of your business, and it would be illegal this is the point.

Again you miss the point.

We are not talking about public employees. Or even a private employer.

We are talking about whether a private homeowner has the right to know that a hired contractor will be bringing ex cons such as robbers into their private home. You don't care but many others do. And if it's my home, it certainly is my business.

Learn to read and then we can debate, good day.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Anyway, like I said people can change. I rather have an ex con working than paying for him to sit in prison because no one will hire him/her.

The point is for homeowners to be notified if an ex con will be working in their home. Especially a convicted burglar or the like. Once notified, they can make the choice if they want that or if they want someone else.

Your choice is to go ahead because people can change. That's your right. But you can't take this choice away from others.

I am missing the point? A growing number of states are coming on board. Rhode Island became the eighth state in the country to pass a statewide Ban the Box law, and it?s one of the most expansive versions out there: The state will require all private and public employers to delay questions about criminal history, following Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Hawaii. Four other states and 51 municipalities have already passed similar measures for hiring public employees, according to the National Employment Law Project. Ban the Box bills are now being considered in New Jersey and California, which passed an executive measure covering public employees in 2010. So if the bill is passed in NJ it is none of your business, and it would be illegal this is the point.

Again you miss the point.

We are not talking about public employees. Or even a private employer.

We are talking about whether a private homeowner has the right to know that a hired contractor will be bringing ex cons such as robbers into their private home. You don't care but many others do. And if it's my home, it certainly is my business.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/8 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/8 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

FACT.

For all the complaints about how "these people" are sucking up tax dollars, there really is only one way to avoid that... employment.

I agree but there is a BIG difference between a guy stocking shelves at a grocery store and the same guy working in your living room. I believe that some people have a right to be concerned. I have helped the JCPD make 9 arrests including one guy twice. Some people return to that life a lot easier than others.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/8 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

FACT.

For all the complaints about how "these people" are sucking up tax dollars, there really is only one way to avoid that... employment.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 19:09
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/8 19:08
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/8 19:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I have had Scala's people working near my home. Some of his workers are scary looking dudes, crappy tattoos and prison muscles. I believe in second chances but it's an entirely different thing when it involves your personal space. Want to have some never-ending fun? Google "handyman committed murder(s)".

Posted on: 2014/5/8 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
That toddler is author Sebastian Junger sitting in his Mom's lap. The guy behind them is the Boston Strangler, Albert DeSalvo, who was working as a contractor on their house outside Boston. Scary stuff in retrospect.

Resized Image

I do not think he was a felon, he became one after the fact. His murder confession has been disputed and debate continues as to which crimes DeSalvo had actually committed. So you can hire someone with a clean record who can still rape and kill you. It happens.

"DeSalvo was born in Chelsea, Massachusetts, to Frank and Charlotte DeSalvo. His father was a violent alcoholic, who at one point knocked out all of his wife's teeth and bent her fingers back until they broke.[3] DeSalvo tortured animals as a child, and began shoplifting and stealing in early adolescence, frequently crossing paths with the law.

In November 1943, the 12-year-old DeSalvo was first arrested for battery and robbery. In December of the same year he was sent to the Lyman School for Boys. In October 1944, he was paroled and started working as a delivery boy. In August 1946, he returned to the Lyman School for stealing an automobile. After completing his second sentence, DeSalvo joined the Army. He was honorably discharged after his first tour of duty. He re-enlisted and, in spite of being tried in a court-martial, DeSalvo was again honorably discharged. DeSalvo served with the 2nd Squadron, 14th Armored Cavalry Regiment.[4] Pictures of DeSalvo being arrested on Saturday February 25, 1967 show him in US Navy Dress Blue Uniform with Petty Officer 3rd insignia on his sleeve.[5]

Plus: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/12/us/ ... ngler-case.html?hpw&_r=1&

Also, he was committing his rapes and murders while employed by Junger's family.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
No biggie, they're just taking after Obama, who's allowing felons access to your Obamacare personal financial information by working as 'navigators'.

wow. Have you considered playing as a hockey goaltender? Because that's impressive stretching.

Disgraced Obama hack Kathleen Sebelius answered in response to a question about felons working as Obamacare 'Navigators' that yes, there is no screening to prevent that from occurring.

And it's apropos, no, after what we learned today locally? Would you want an Obama approved felon handling your intimate financial information? http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... jcu_tax.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2014/5/8 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Elizabeth Smart Case Wiki

(Excerpt...)
Ultimately, the Salt Lake City police signaled that their prime person of interest was Richard Ricci, being held in custody for unrelated reasons. Ricci, a handyman hired by the Smarts, was on parole for a 1983 attempted murder of police officer Mike Hill. He was charged with felony burglaries of homes in the area similar in circumstances to the break-in at the Smarts. Ricci later died in jail from a brain hemorrhage a few weeks after he refused to provide a confession to Utah corrections officers.[23] With his death, it seemed that all leads were exhausted. Upon discovery of the actual kidnappers, Ricci's widow issued a statement expressing relief at Smart's safe return and her husband's innocence.

The Smarts and their extended family persistently maintained a presence in the local and national media, in order to keep Elizabeth's name in the press, providing the media with home videos of her as a teenager and as a child, and created a website to serve as a resource center.

After several months, a breakthrough came in October 2002, when Mary Katherine suddenly remembered where she had heard Mitchell's voice, telling her parents, "I think I know who it is: Emmanuel."[24]

The Smarts sought to help unemployed people in the community by paying them for odd jobs or handy work around the property.[25] Mitchell, who called himself "Emmanuel", had been the one who informed many homeless people that the Smarts would hire them and also worked for them himself one day. He worked at the Smarts' home for five hours, helping on the roof and raking leaves.[26][27][28] He was clean, soft-spoken, well-groomed, Caucasian, 5'8? tall, with dark hair, and was "about 45 years old". It seemed clear that "Emmanuel" was not his real name, but had something to do with his self-proclaimed calling as a prophet of God and minister to the homeless. Lois and some of the children had met him downtown as he was asking for spare change

Posted on: 2014/5/8 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
That toddler is author Sebastian Junger sitting in his Mom's lap. The guy behind them is the Boston Strangler, Albert DeSalvo, who was working as a contractor on their house outside Boston. Scary stuff in retrospect.

Resized Image

I do not think he was a felon, he became one after the fact. His murder confession has been disputed and debate continues as to which crimes DeSalvo had actually committed. So you can hire someone with a clean record who can still rape and kill you. It happens.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/8 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i've cased out enuff to know that mosty people don't have SHEEEET in their houses...I've also been robbed enuff timdes to realize that its no bifg deal as LONG as I'm not in the house..just my personal opinion!

Posted on: 2014/5/8 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
No biggie, they're just taking after Obama, who's allowing felons access to your Obamacare personal financial information by working as 'navigators'.

wow. Have you considered playing as a hockey goaltender? Because that's impressive stretching.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Perhaps contractors should avoid workers convicted of burglary, but what about the rest? Someone convicted for drugs at 19 who is now 30? Why do we want to make it impossible for people to make a living and then sanctimoniously decry the recidivism rate?

And yes, I once hired a guy who had recently gotten out of jail to help me out with some reno, even gave him keys to that building, and he still has not robbed me. Alert the press.

Exactly! Most people here think felony is just rape and murder. I hired a guy to screen candidates for my rentals and he was convicted of forgery at age 18 he is now 45 wtf do people not change? I guess some of you believe felons should not work and just hang out on the Ave. waiting for a nice victim to rob. FYI some white collar crimes can bring on felony charges as well as rape and murder.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
well, ex-cons need to eat too but i would appreciate if the contractor and/or ex-con made sure they avoided temptation. for example, burglars should perhaps avoid working inside with out supervision, rapists should not work alone with people of the sex to whom they attracted, blah, blah, blah....

That is not good enough because many times, burglars who work for contractors doing work on your home use their work time to scope out the inside of your home. Then they come back after the job is finished and know exactly where to go to rob you as quick as possible.

Under no circumstances should anyone with a burglary conviction be allowed to enter your home without you knowing. Folks absolutely are entitled to know if their general contractor employs such people. I agree with others that the entitlement should not extend to all crimes, only relevant crimes.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
well, ex-cons need to eat too but i would appreciate if the contractor and/or ex-con made sure they avoided temptation. for example, burglars should perhaps avoid working inside with out supervision, rapists should not work alone with people of the sex to whom they attracted, blah, blah, blah....

Posted on: 2014/5/8 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Perhaps contractors should avoid workers convicted of burglary, but what about the rest? Someone convicted for drugs at 19 who is now 30? Why do we want to make it impossible for people to make a living and then sanctimoniously decry the recidivism rate?

And yes, I once hired a guy who had recently gotten out of jail to help me out with some reno, even gave him keys to that building, and he still has not robbed me. Alert the press.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ProdigalSon wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
There are distinct differences between a misdemeanor and a felony DUI indictment. A felony DUI comprises more serious circumstances than simply exceeding blood alcohol limits. Felony DUI points to habitual offenders or a driver causing bodily harm to one or more individuals. If a driver is responsible for an accident resulting in injury or death to someone else, the driver can anticipate felony charges.

So isn't someone entitled to know about a felony DUI

No.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 16:11

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact