Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Jersey City hires new cultural affairs director, replacing Healy ally
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
City Ordinance 14.070, the creation of a new job title, Assistant Administrator, Cultural and Heritage Affairs. So in a short time, Councilman Fulop went from eliminating the job title to Mayor Fulop adding another warm body to Cultural Affairs. The vote is 6/25/14.

Posted on: 2014/6/23 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Elizabeth Cain is an amazing accomplished woman and anyone who says all she does is run a pet store clearly knows nothing about her (and I'm sure is too cowardly to say it to her face). Yvonne, we all know you and your right-wing compatriots don't like the Mayor. That's why you will run the looney-toon ticket in 3 years, and if JC voters find a Lonegan-esque platform suits the city well, you will win.

Maybe you can run! We all know how much you like touting yourself as the most accomplished activist, and how you loooooooove hearing your own voice at council meetings.
I can't be the only one who thinks you REALLY need a hobby! Or significant other, anything! It's sad.

Yvonne keep pluging away, you got my vote ! I am willing to give Mrs. Cain a chance but a little too early in this game to label her "amazing". If all of us resorted to a "hobby" to stifle our insights we might as well have a community taffy pull.

Posted on: 2014/5/9 11:45
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
It's also nice to get fresh ideas with new people. Hopefully the new individual will exceed expectations.

Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
I must say, as much as I look to Yvonne and co.'s ramblings for entertainment, some of her diatribe here is just priceless.

Elizabeth Cain is an amazing accomplished woman and anyone who says all she does is run a pet store clearly knows nothing about her (and I'm sure is too cowardly to say it to her face). Yvonne will obsess over this like she does over McGreevy, but the former governor is doing a great job in prisoner reentry and I have spoken to several of the first graduates who say nothing but great things about him.

Yvonne, we all know you and your right-wing compatriots don't like the Mayor. That's why you will run the looney-toon ticket in 3 years, and if JC voters find a Lonegan-esque platform suits the city well, you will win.

Maybe you can run! We all know how much you like touting yourself as the most accomplished activist, and how you loooooooove hearing your own voice at council meetings.

I can't be the only one who thinks you REALLY need a hobby! Or significant other, anything! It's sad.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
I must say, as much as I look to Yvonne and co.'s ramblings for entertainment, some of her diatribe here is just priceless.

Elizabeth Cain is an amazing accomplished woman and anyone who says all she does is run a pet store clearly knows nothing about her (and I'm sure is too cowardly to say it to her face). Yvonne will obsess over this like she does over McGreevy, but the former governor is doing a great job in prisoner reentry and I have spoken to several of the first graduates who say nothing but great things about him.

Yvonne, we all know you and your right-wing compatriots don't like the Mayor. That's why you will run the looney-toon ticket in 3 years, and if JC voters find a Lonegan-esque platform suits the city well, you will win.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Whoa. FAB, you are one nasty piece of work. You are sounding like the bitter one here. Back off.

Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

I may not like what was done to Maryanne and I may not like what was done to me

So you're the only bitter disgruntled ex-employee from city hall. Eventually everyone gets kicked off the public sector gravy train. Even the role of Mayor isn't guarenteed nor is the role of president.
Have a scotch and move on.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 16:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

So you're the only bitter disgruntled ex-employee from city hall. Eventually everyone gets kicked off the public sector gravy train. Even the role of Mayor isn't guarenteed nor is the role of president.
Have a scotch and move on.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 14:26
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
First. Ms. Kelleher has served with distinction.

+1

Quote:

Second, she was hired in 1996, but as an employee in the Department of Health. Mayor Healy appointed her to her commissioner position in Cultural Affairs.

Actually, she served in this position prior to the Healy, Smith and Cunningham administrations. Cultural Affairs was under the Health Department (reason unknown to me) for many years.

Quote:

Fourth, nowhere has Ms. Kelleher complained publicly about this. I assume she would like to continue on, but she has acted with class and understands what a policy making position is all about.

Very well stated.

Quote:

The only people complaining are people with a political ax to grind with Fulop.

JP, we may have to agree to disagree on this one. Maryanne is well liked by the community in all wards. She is a "by the book" person and has made herself available 24/7 to anyone that needed her assistance. For those who are truly upset with this executive decision and are publicly commenting on other social media sites and some on this site are not known as "anti-Fulop". It seems to be more of a venting and support for a well liked employee.

It's sad to see some of the postings attacking Maryanne and Elizabeth. Neither of them deserve it. I truly hope this administration utilizes Maryanne properly in whatever capacity they put her in. She is smart, honest and passionate woman, who will shine in whatever her next role will be for Jersey City.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 13:34

Edited by r_pinkowitz on 2014/5/8 13:52:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This whole thread is full of crap with some feeble attempt to discredit her or Fulop - I'm glad she is gone and I've never met her and I hope more senior public servants gets the ass.

This thread also highlighted some JClisters as very bitter, disgruntled ex-public servants

Bring out the broom and sweep, sweep, sweep!

Posted on: 2014/5/8 4:08

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2014/5/8 4:32:39
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Where is the desk audit that Fulop promised when running for office? Now he is too busy hiring more employees.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
First. Ms. Kelleher has served with distinction.

Second, she was hired in 1996, but as an employee in the Department of Health. Mayor Healy appointed her to her commissioner position in Cultural Affairs.

Third, her prior title was civil service positions, and she is allowed to revert back to that title.

Fourth, nowhere has Ms. Kelleher complained publicly about this. I assume she would like to continue on, but she has acted with class and understands what a policy making position is all about. The only people complaining are people with a political ax to grind with Fulop.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I can't see what the big deal is - All I hear is a resentful person who wants a dictatorship with their job position for life.

Instead of thanking the community for the privilege to serve and be grateful for the experience, they would rather whine and carry on as if JC will implode without them.

Their fear is that no-one else will employ them in a position that generates the same amount of money or may not be as fun and rewarding .... welcome to the real world out of the public service!

Posted on: 2014/5/8 0:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/5 22:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Its not about how good or bad Maryanne is or was, the issue could be how she was appointed; were there better candidates for the role, was the role given to her as a favor or a was she a nepotistic appointment.
Healy was as shifty as an outhouse rat with his appointments that were all 'clouded' or influenced by favors.
Except that she wasn't appointed by Healy, in fact she survived through 5 mayors. Hopefully the new lady will have half Maryanne's dedication.

Posted on: 2014/5/8 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

What comes around goes around - It would appear that you and maryanne both took other peoples jobs when appointed - even if it had another job title.

All this tells me is that a HUGE chunk of my tax money goes towards overpriced resentful staff with a short service history with the city and very little goes towards city infrastructure and services ... not to mention the fat-ass payouts and pensions.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

How does running a pet store qualify one to be cultural affairs director ?

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Enough already!

Maryanne is awesome, one of the hardest workers in JC Government and proud to call her my friend.

Elizabeth is also awesome and proud to know here for the past 14 years.

Steven Fulop is the Mayor and he makes the choice of who he wants and where he wants them. When the next administration comes in they will make their choices of who they want and where they want them.

Done!

If I was the Mayor or someone who had the power to decide... Maryanne would be a key person in my administration. I may not like what was done to Maryanne and I may not like what was done to me and how is was done. Neither of us can control the bottom-line which is:

"Steven Fulop is the Mayor and he makes the choice of who he wants and where he wants them. When the next administration comes in they will make their choices of who they want and where they want them."

Posted on: 2014/5/7 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

if you think that's all she does, then you haven't been paying attention

Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Enough already!

Maryanne is awesome, one of the hardest workers in JC Government and proud to call her my friend.

Steven Fulop is the Mayor and he makes the choice of who he wants and where he wants them. When the next administration comes in they will make their choices of who they want and where they want them.

Done!

Posted on: 2014/5/7 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This is to ?Angry Mom,? perhaps it is time to draw another scene where people with criminal or unethical past receive jobs in JC, while the mayor gets rid of people who do their jobs. We hire a former NJ governor who has a chapter in a book on corruption in NJ and another person who stole from the Welfare program. Yes, the city is being rebranded but not in a positive way.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Someone please explain to me how this works. The Mayor is for the most part hiring campaign volunteers and buddies into jobs that already have someone in that job. That employee then is "transferred" to another department where they "create" a job for him or her. So we are paying two salaries when we should be paying only one. Where is the value in that? As taxpayers I think we are being taken. And from what I hear City Hall is hiring like crazy.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Enough already!

Done!

Posted on: 2014/5/7 13:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Enough already!

Done!

Posted on: 2014/5/7 12:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Joshua, I have never met her and I do go to those meetings. The issue if not Maryanne, the issue is Fulop, I was voting for change but instead I got McCann and Schundler again.

If that's the case, then it shows that even though you attend these meetings, it is not to learn, listen to others, or become informed, but do get up in front if the podium.

I too, have attended these meetings. And notwithstanding your self-appointment as Jersey City's most involved activist, you are not always there (and it's ok if you skip a meeting, really!). And Ms. Cain was. If you honestly say that you don't know who she is or what she has done, then it means that you are unfamiliar with what has gone on the past decade, regardless of your attendance record.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 10:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
didn't anyone read the word 'could' in my post.

why all the whine?
jobs come and go, contracts expire and position descriptions change all of which new and old candidates can apply for.

maryanne will move on, fulop will move on and we will have many cultural affairs directors in our lifetime - there is no such thing as a job for life

Posted on: 2014/5/7 3:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Joshua, I have never met her and I do go to those meetings. The issue if not Maryanne, the issue is Fulop, I was voting for change but instead I got McCann and Schundler again.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 3:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I like Maryanne. I know OCS did a lot of festival promotion. Although when she informed us that the residents of our block could no longer have our annual block party unless we, among other things, obtained a $1 million insurance policy, it was not exactly facilitative, but that wasn't her fault, she was just the messenger.

Still, I am amazed at the outrage, whether real or faux, being generated over the fact that a position which is civil service exempt and which regularly changes with administrations is being changed. Department heads are supposed to enact the policy of the mayor.

The nasty attacks on Elizabeth are what really get me though. Elizabeth supported Fulop like 95% or so of downtown, but she was not a huge campaign contributor, volunteer, or organizer. She's been involved in civic matters through the SID for about a decade. She went to council meetings, planning board meetings, neighborhood association meetings all the time. These are the things that Yvonne USUALLY says are what qualify you for office.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Its not about how good or bad Maryanne is or was, the issue could be how she was appointed; were there better candidates for the role, was the role given to her as a favor or a was she a nepotistic appointment.
Healy was as shifty as an outhouse rat with his appointments that were all 'clouded' or influenced by favors.

So how is this any different than Healy? Maryanne put her heart in the work. She loves Jersey City and that attitude is priceless.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Yes, we are talking about how ?good or bad she is or was?, not about Healy?s ?possible? favors. You are making assumptions, of which, you have no proof, and adding this ?cloud? to her reputation does not diminish her accomplishments

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think Fulop made this move over some petty local politics concerning FOL. I think it's part of delivering on his promise to make Jersey City the best mid-sized City in America. To get there we need fresh ideas and a major step up in branding efforts - and cultural affairs is central to that. No disrespect to Maryanne and her contribution JC over the years.

http://www.destinationjerseycity.com/news/185/

Posted on: 2014/5/7 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/7 2:39

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2014/5/7 2:58:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

parkman wrote:
In the many years that I have known and interacted with Maryanne, I have never seen a political motive behind her support. Her actions came from wanting to make your event successful, organized, and rewarding.

To wrap this around political motivation demeans all the great work she has done over many years, even before being part of a Healy administration. She has tirelessly tried to make Jersey City a place to be proud of, with its diversity and many community organizations.

If Mayor Fulop wants to replace her with ANOTHER campaign supporter, it?s his prerogative, but please don?t let this take away from all the good work she has done over the years.

Maryanne will be missed by many.

parkman

+1

Posted on: 2014/5/7 2:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
To speak the truth is does not take away from her work. I agree, Maryanne is a fabulous person. I thought Fulop was above this, I voted for change. But I have to say even Healy knew how to cross the aisle. When Healy thought the state would change public access tv, his office called me and I went to Trenton and spoke at the hearing. Fulop has the smarts but not the maturity to be mayor.

Posted on: 2014/5/7 2:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
In the many years that I have known and interacted with Maryanne, I have never seen a political motive behind her support. Her actions came from wanting to make your event successful, organized, and rewarding.

To wrap this around political motivation demeans all the great work she has done over many years, even before being part of a Healy administration. She has tirelessly tried to make Jersey City a place to be proud of, with its diversity and many community organizations.

If Mayor Fulop wants to replace her with ANOTHER campaign supporter, it?s his prerogative, but please don?t let this take away from all the good work she has done over the years.

Maryanne will be missed by many.

parkman

Posted on: 2014/5/7 2:00

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact