Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »

Re: Obamacare...creating more working poor.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Doomsday scenario. I'm so scared!

Posted on: 2014/5/2 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Now that we know that 1 of 3 enrollees haven't paid for their 'Obamacare', what will the vast increase in premiums to follow will do to people who already can't afford it?

How many will go off the grid and not have any insurance because of the huge rate rises predicted by, yes, Fox News (and others)?

Posted on: 2014/5/2 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Dean Angstadt, a self-employed logger with a bad heart, says it's really quite simple: If he hadn't signed up for Obamacare when his life was on the line, if instead he had continued to heed the lies on Fox News, he "probably would have ended up falling over dead."

For the Obamacare haters, this kind of real-life success story is the ultimate nightmare - because the story is told in the patient's own words. This is a guy who had adamantly refused to sign up for Obamacare, taking his cues from the disinformation haters on Fox News...until he realized that his clueless conservatism would put him six feet under.

Read More if you are not a hater...

Posted on: 2014/5/2 0:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
egypt needs to fight its own battles; decide its own fate. imo, both the muslim brotherhood and egyptian military are bunch of thugs but honestly its not my affair.

as for russia, well, nato and the eu were warned! i guess they thought russia wouldn't stand up for itself

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
at the end of the day, the us can't fight everyone's battles. libya was a freaking mess and is no better off than when qaddaffi was there. assad is a basatrd imo, but perhaps only he can hold syria together. do you think would be some glowing exampole of democracy under the rebels? perhaps it could even top iraq or afghnaistan? and besides, without un approval what right does the us have to attack syria? isn't that what the US keeps tellling russia regarding ukraine.

and as for ukraine, it's just complicated...a governmnet is not just legitimate because the us and its allies say so. there was a COUP which opened the door for russia to intervene.

Hero, I agree he's in a bad spot. Where I disagree is that much of it was of his own making. He ran on the premise that he had a better understanding of the problems in the Middle East, and he'd be able to get things fixed. His 'apology' tour did nothing of the sort. He threw our ally in Egypt (a flawed one) under the bus. He's done worse with our Israeli relations, and his Sec of State managed, if possible, to make things worse with Israel this week with his apartheid comments. That whole Arab Spring sure hasn't worked out the way it was sold.

Is it any wonder Russia is a bear standing on two legs right now, after his 'after he election I can be more flexible' comment and the missile shield cave in?

Is it any wonder tens of thousands more Syrians have been killed after his initially resolute, later joke, red line had been drawn in the sand? Has his Sec of State mentioned how the negotiated chemical weapons removal program is going in Syria?

When he has to threaten Kim Il little despot with bully words he made himself look almost as small. Is Kim Il little despot going to quake over Obama threatening sanctions? Syria? Sanctions. Iran? Sanctions. Russia? Sanctions and, wait for it, more sanctions!

So the POTUS who said he'd 'slow the rising of the seas' can't seem to get a single thing done on an international scale, and when faced with one thing he could do domestically to help he makes a political decision.

(That's punting the Pipeline until after the election-protecting himself with his base, when we could use jobs and send Putin a message that we will pursue any energy proposal that will weaken his).

All the above point to why his poll numbers are the worst of his tenure as POTUS, with a sharp dip recently.

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
at the end of the day, the us can't fight everyone's battles. libya was a freaking mess and is no better off than when qaddaffi was there. assad is a basatrd imo, but perhaps only he can hold syria together. do you think would be some glowing exampole of democracy under the rebels? perhaps it could even top iraq or afghnaistan? and besides, without un approval what right does the us have to attack syria? isn't that what the US keeps tellling russia regarding ukraine.

and as for ukraine, it's just complicated...a governmnet is not just legitimate because the us and its allies say so. there was a COUP which opened the door for russia to intervene.

Posted on: 2014/5/1 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
No, you despise him even if his politics and policies agree with yours. He is just as conservative as Bush was with his foreign policy when it comes to the use of drones and the NSA but he gets no respect for that. He also gets no respect when unlike Bush he has not pushed us into another war that involve boots on the ground. He actually shares the same policies that the GOP are divided on but I guess it is easier to dump all of the blame and hatred on the Democrat President.

It is no different from the blind hatred Sarah Palin and her family receives. It is pure tribalism which I find hilarious in this day and age.

I've given him props for the drone work, keeping Gitmo, a lot of the spying stuff-but that's all stuff that drives his base cray-cray, no?

Posted on: 2014/4/30 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
No, you despise him even if his politics and policies agree with yours. He is just as conservative as Bush was with his foreign policy when it comes to the use of drones and the NSA but he gets no respect for that. He also gets no respect when unlike Bush he has not pushed us into another war that involve boots on the ground. He actually shares the same policies that the GOP are divided on but I guess it is easier to dump all of the blame and hatred on the Democrat President.

It is no different from the blind hatred Sarah Palin and her family receives. It is pure tribalism which I find hilarious in this day and age.

Posted on: 2014/4/30 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nah, we despise his policies and politics. You want hate, listen to the left talk about Sarah Palin and her children! :)

Posted on: 2014/4/30 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Too funny. The GOP is quite divided on foreign policy. The libertarian side would prefer we go isolationist while the chicken hawk side would want us to get involved in every conflict around the world with military action. The only thing they are united on is their hatred for Obama even when he is very conservative with his foreign policy. The man can do no right in their eyes. We are not at war with Russia and we are not involved in other country's civil wars. Most Americans consider that a good thing.

Not that any of this have anything to do with Obamacare.

Posted on: 2014/4/30 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
ROFLMFAO. Monroe will say/do anything to defend the GOP abd detract from Obama. I guess record weather played no impact on the economy. MS. Yellen seems to think it did.

China is going to overtake the US economy. BFD. There are how many billions of people there, a moderate improvement moves the needle a lot more there than here. and who gives a frack if China has a bigger economy when the standard of living is much lower. I don't see Americans/Europeans/Latin Americans/Africans or many other Asians rushing to move to China...but Chinese do seem fond of moving to US/Canada/Brazil/Argentina as well as Western Europe.

I'm sorry, you're right. Things are going great for Obama right now! Putin reddens his ass in Ukraine, Syria is still laughing at him, Iran is closer to a nuke, China is rattling sabers in Japan, and he's forced to say mean things to the looneytune in North Korea, and Kerry is comparing Israel to apartheid era South Africa (and Desmond Tutu picked up on that today), and his lies about the Benghazi terror attack have just about unraveled, when the new emails surfaced today showing Susan Rice's Sunday dog and pony show was politically engineered to distort the truth for the Obama election campaign.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/polit ... ew-poll-article-1.1772756

Posted on: 2014/4/30 22:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
ROFLMFAO. Monroe will say/do anything to defend the GOP abd detract from Obama. I guess record weather played no impact on the economy. MS. Yellen seems to think it did.

China is going to overtake the US economy. BFD. There are how many billions of people there, a moderate improvement moves the needle a lot more there than here. and who gives a frack if China has a bigger economy when the standard of living is much lower. I don't see Americans/Europeans/Latin Americans/Africans or many other Asians rushing to move to China...but Chinese do seem fond of moving to US/Canada/Brazil/Argentina as well as Western Europe.

Posted on: 2014/4/30 21:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Easy to say things will get better when we had ZERO POINT ONE (0.1%) growth in the first quarter! And China will soon, several years earlier than predicted, take over as the world's dominant economy. While unemployment in real terms is gigantic, and workplace participation awful, at least Obama's Wall Street friends are doing well.

Posted on: 2014/4/30 21:40

Re: Obamacare..fueling growth
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
What say the NAYSAYERS?

Health Care Seen Helping U.S. Growth Pick Up in Second Quarter
By Jeanna Smialek Apr 30, 2014 2:34 PM ET 11 Comments
Photographer: Ringo Chiu/Zuma Press
Applicants get in line outside during a health care enrollment event on March 31, 2014 in Los Angeles.
Related
Uploaded by UUID:263764 at 4/30/2014 10:30 AM
Uploaded by UUID:263764 at 4/30/2014 11:02 AM
A surge in health-care spending that helped keep the U.S. economy from shrinking in early 2014 is likely to continue fueling growth in coming months as more Americans gain coverage for medical services.

A 3 percent gain in consumer outlays was among the few positives in the first quarter. Services spending rose at the fastest pace in 14 years as Americans paid higher heating bills and the rollout of Obamacare encouraged more people to see the doctor. Even so, the economy?s total output of goods and services expanded at just a 0.1 percent annualized rate in January through March as a harsh winter kept business investment and homebuilding in check...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04 ... ed-out-commerce-says.html

Posted on: 2014/4/30 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
True story. Woman comes in...

To where?

Quote:
Mom is assured that insurance will only be for kid.

By whom?

Quote:
Kid is eligible for New Jersey Familycare.

According to whom?

A family of 3 maxes out of NJ Familycare if their income is over $69,000.

If the parents are divorced, and the Mom has custody, then their income is $30,000. That's over 150% of the FPL, which means the kid is eligible and the Mom is not. (The kid's care will also have some copays.) Which sounds like what you're describing.

So, yeah, I gotta say I am not all that bent out of shape that a single mom getting medical care for her 16 year old kid for the next 2 years.

Posted on: 2014/4/2 3:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
what's funny is that there used to be decent public clinics in the us in the 60's or 70's.....i don't think they exist any more

Posted on: 2014/4/2 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I've heard of people getting travel health insurance and travelling abroad to get health care. I also heard that people will also marry someone from Canada if they or a loved one is seriously ill and can't afford medical care here.

This has been going on for years and still is from what I hear.

We suck at any public health care services and believe we would have been better off as a commonwealth country that are all much better managed when is comes to public services and health programs. We operate under a user pays system ... if you have no money or can't afford it, then you suffer.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 23:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
True story.

Woman comes in & wants to get her daughter insured under the ACA. Mom says she works part time & company only insures the worker. Mom says that Dad is covered but costs are just so expensive. First she wants the daughter's name only on application (kid is only 16). When explained this wasn't happening because not only is kid under 18 but she is living with & supported by parents. Mom is assured that insurance will only be for kid. Kid is eligible for New Jersey Familycare. Mom happy.

Kicker is that Mom makes 30k a year & Dad makes 65k. That's 95k & the kid gets medical on the public dime.

We will be a welfare state at if this keeps up.

I thought that kids under 26 were covered under the parents-wouldn't the dad's coverage take care of this? (And that is another problem with Obamacare-aren't the younger people (say 18-26, who are usually healthy) supposed to support the elder demographic? If they are covered until they are 26 that wipes out a large portion of people who would pay in more than they would take out).

I think the idea is more that young(er), healthy people with jobs are the ones who "support" the system by taking out insurance they won't use as much. A 16 YO can't add anything on their own, and if the parent's health care is a bad deal for them, it won't help the kid much.

Exactly, Wishful. But what is prohibitively expensive if there would only be you & one child & the household income is $95k? So we now shoulder the cost of this child's medical care. This is neither affordable to the taxpayer nor sustainable.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
True story.

Woman comes in & wants to get her daughter insured under the ACA. Mom says she works part time & company only insures the worker. Mom says that Dad is covered but costs are just so expensive. First she wants the daughter's name only on application (kid is only 16). When explained this wasn't happening because not only is kid under 18 but she is living with & supported by parents. Mom is assured that insurance will only be for kid. Kid is eligible for New Jersey Familycare. Mom happy.

Kicker is that Mom makes 30k a year & Dad makes 65k. That's 95k & the kid gets medical on the public dime.

I thought that kids under 26 were covered under the parents-wouldn't the dad's coverage take care of this? (And that is another problem with Obamacare-aren't the younger people (say 18-26, who are usually healthy) supposed to support the elder demographic? If they are covered until they are 26 that wipes out a large portion of people who would pay in more than they would take out).

I think the idea is more that young(er), healthy people with jobs are the ones who "support" the system by taking out insurance they won't use as much. A 16 YO can't add anything on their own, and if the parent's health care is a bad deal for them, it won't help the kid much.

Who said anything about a 16 year old??

Posted on: 2014/4/1 22:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
True story.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
True story.

Where in NJ do they live? Does Dad have a low out-of-pocket/high deductible plan? $95K is not a lot of money, and I can see a lot of scenarios where it doesn't go very far.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 21:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
True story.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
guess what, joe billionaire made $1 billion in 2009 but on;y paid $100,000 in taxes! Yet he had the nerve to apply for unemployment after being laid off

Posted on: 2014/4/1 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
True story.

Posted on: 2014/4/1 11:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
These people are as bad as me in waiting to the last minute to file my taxes.

Resized Image

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nationa ... 2b1245_story.html?hpid=z4

Posted on: 2014/4/1 10:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Basically, we have 5 million lose their insurance because of Obamacare, 6 million join Obamacare, no idea of how many actually are joining Medicaid, and no idea how many young people have signed up (crucial to the 'success' of Obamacare), and no idea how many of the 6 million actually have paid rather than signed up.

We also have zero information on how many people who previously lacked insurance have signed up for Obamacare, nor how many who have not signed up will pay in penalties for not having the insurance they didn't have before!

Posted on: 2014/3/31 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/speaking-cooking-the-books

Quote:

For the right, this shift is itself something of a disaster. Conservatives aren?t just having to root for failure, but they?re simultaneously stuck pretending good news is bad news.

Posted on: 2014/3/31 19:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
I had insurance through Freelancers Union. My plan was going to expire in November because it didn't meet ACA regulations (and it shouldn't have, with its high premium and sub-par coverage).

My new ACA policy saves me $50/month, with a lower deductible, lower out-of-pocket cap, and NO cap on coverage. Best part: I get to keep my doctors.

I am a fan of Obamacare.

Same here, I was also using Freelancers insurance. With my new United Health Care I am paying 1/2 of what I was paying b4. Good luck to you all!

I seem to be the only one in my set that isn't saving a huge percentage (my $50 break only comes out to about 10%). When open enrollment swings around next fall, I might opt out of Silver BC/BS and check out the Bronze offerings. Was playing it safe for this first go-round.

Posted on: 2014/3/31 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
I had insurance through Freelancers Union. My plan was going to expire in November because it didn't meet ACA regulations (and it shouldn't have, with its high premium and sub-par coverage).

My new ACA policy saves me $50/month, with a lower deductible, lower out-of-pocket cap, and NO cap on coverage. Best part: I get to keep my doctors.

I am a fan of Obamacare.

Same here, I was also using Freelancers insurance. With my new United Health Care I am paying 1/2 of what I was paying b4. Good luck to you all!

Posted on: 2014/3/31 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

I am a fan of Obamacare.

Posted on: 2014/3/31 17:23

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017