Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Illegal Driveway
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Bochka wrote:
So Br6dR, any luck or are you just trying to troll me?

Hey! It's good to see you back! The board got pretty boring once those threads disappeared.

So, care to give us any more info on the location of your illegal driveway so we can park in front of it? We are perfectfully within our rights to do because it is illegal, and no car parking in front of it would be ticketed or towed.

I tired that with another driveway cop gave a ticket anyway because of the call. I went to court and they wanted documents from me. Zoning did not have any; I had to pay a partial payment towards the fine. Compromise.

Wow, what steaming pile of bullshit that is! The city has a list of legal driveways, they just don't want to link it to other agencies. When I wanted them to put the lines and "no parking" in front of mine, the agency (I forget which) required ME to inquire of zoning whether I had a legal driveway or not. That anyone can put up a "NO PARKING" sign and get it enforced with the ticketee needing to prove the validity is insane. Even more crazy is they got you ticketed at all, every time I've called with some asshole parked in my driveway I get nothing.

Um call a tow truck company and tell them someone is illegally parked in your driveway and you need the car towed.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 2:17
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Bochka wrote:

Hey! It's good to see you back! The board got pretty boring once those threads disappeared.

So, care to give us any more info on the location of your illegal driveway so we can park in front of it? We are perfectfully within our rights to do because it is illegal, and no car parking in front of it would be ticketed or towed.

I tired that with another driveway cop gave a ticket anyway because of the call. I went to court and they wanted documents from me. Zoning did not have any; I had to pay a partial payment towards the fine. Compromise.

Wow, what steaming pile of bullshit that is! The city has a list of legal driveways, they just don't want to link it to other agencies. When I wanted them to put the lines and "no parking" in front of mine, the agency (I forget which) required ME to inquire of zoning whether I had a legal driveway or not. That anyone can put up a "NO PARKING" sign and get it enforced with the ticketee needing to prove the validity is insane. Even more crazy is they got you ticketed at all, every time I've called with some asshole parked in my driveway I get nothing.

Posted on: 2014/5/5 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Bochka wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/5 12:04
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
@Bochka - regarding your comment on backpacks?Are you the fashion police now as well? Another ridiculous comment from you.

Posted on: 2014/5/3 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This thread is an eye-opener. I'm sickened by individuals who think it's OK to bend rules just for them. If everyone did this, our society would be doomed. Grow up Bochka; stop being such a criminal assclown.

Posted on: 2014/5/3 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

They had one of these on Ocean a while back. I think its adorable, it may help :) its a cardboard cop, stick in front of your car to hide your illegal activity.

Posted on: 2014/5/3 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bochka wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Bochka wrote:

That is true, but I hope for your sake that you either live close to me or enjoy walking. And I wouldn't be very comfortable leaving my car unattended, blocking the driveway of the owner who is under suspicion of hacking JCL.

I enjoy walking, especially with the onset of spring. But I guess that since you have considered yourself above the law with the illegal driveway you created, vandalizing cars is also okay by you too.

Posted on: 2014/5/3 0:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bochka wrote:

Let the good times roll!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/2 22:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/5 12:57
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

Bochka wrote:

I think I saw you this morning riding the PATH with your huge backpack, refusing to move all the way into the train, and all the while drinking a hot coffee and reading the paper.

Really Seagull??? Backpacks are soooo 90s.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 21:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Bochka wrote:

That is true, but I hope for your sake that you either live close to me or enjoy walking. And I wouldn't be very comfortable leaving my car unattended, blocking the driveway of the owner who is under suspicion of hacking JCL.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bochka wrote:

Posted on: 2014/5/2 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bochka wrote:

I think I saw you this morning riding the PATH with your huge backpack, refusing to move all the way into the train, and all the while drinking a hot coffee and reading the paper.

Posted on: 2014/5/2 18:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/2 16:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
LOL!

Posted on: 2014/5/2 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Why bother disguising the driveway? You could paint your car, sign it, and say it's art!
Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/1 18:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/2 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Anyone have experience with installing one?

Yea, I think Bochka does.

Posted on: 2014/5/1 12:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
So - how can I camoflage my driveway? What's the best way to hide it from my nosy neighbors?

A retractable fake car cutout. In addition concealing the driveway it will also prevent pesky neighbors from blocking the driveway.

Would there be a penalty for parking a fake police car in your illegal driveway?

Not if you able to get a friend to get you a PBA member sticker to put on it.

That's some genius shit right there.

Just get one of those Jersey City Official Business placards. There's a dirtbag guy in my neighborhood who retired from the police force 8 years ago who has one & there is some guy who lives around Sherman Place who thinks he can park wherever he wants cause he has one of those placards.

BTW, MDM's driveway solution is the best, imho, as it serves two purposes - offstreet parking & a lovely front yard presentation. :)

Posted on: 2014/5/1 11:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

greenville wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
So - how can I camoflage my driveway? What's the best way to hide it from my nosy neighbors?

A retractable fake car cutout. In addition concealing the driveway it will also prevent pesky neighbors from blocking the driveway.

Would there be a penalty for parking a fake police car in your illegal driveway?

That's some genius shit right there.

Posted on: 2014/5/1 11:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
If the city asks, make sure you point out your outrageously high property tax bill, which entitles you to do whatever the hell you want... (And we have a front runner for best thread of the year).

Posted on: 2014/5/1 2:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Br6dR wrote: Quote:
matt07302 wrote: Quote:
SRhia wrote: So - how can I camoflage my driveway? What's the best way to hide it from my nosy neighbors?

Posted on: 2014/5/1 2:23
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
matt07302 wrote: Quote:
SRhia wrote: So - how can I camoflage my driveway? What's the best way to hide it from my nosy neighbors?

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Does anyone know what's the best way to camoflage an illegal driveway?

Here ya go!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Mayor Fulop promised Governor Christie will install a Tesla charger to anyone with a Tesla who puts in an illegal driveway.

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
To do so would be would be to admit that you prescribe to the notion of douchebaggery. (IMHO of course)

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Does anyone know what's the best way to camoflage an illegal driveway? Thinking ahead of my future car purchase (that I plan to buy in 2-3 years time), I want to build a driveway up front. I definitely don't want to deal with the building department at all.

My concern is that if my neighbors see my driveway, they'll get jealous and possibly report me.

Just put the "No parking" sign on the road and they wont bother you. If the City calls tell them the parking spot was built pre 2001 and you got it from the previous owner like that. The city will understand since your gonna be able to park at least two cars in there it will be reduce the amount of cars that need to park on the street.

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:19
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Does anyone know what's the best way to camoflage an illegal driveway? Thinking ahead of my future car purchase (that I plan to buy in 2-3 years time), I want to build a driveway up front. I definitely don't want to deal with the building department at all.

My concern is that if my neighbors see my driveway, they'll get jealous and possibly report me.

HA!

1. Take down the mailbox. Is a mailbox required at an address? Could you not just rent a mailbox address in town?

2. Keep the driveway road unimproved, with potholes.

3. Encourage brushy natural growth on both sides of the driveway.

4. Post beat-up signs indicating no access, no turnaround, no trespassing, etc. as if nothing but land is up that road.

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK so when you install it, please post your address so we can all get a chance to use it? I would like to be the first, please.
Seriously, stfu and stop wasting everyone's time with your ass-clownishness. It was funny yesterday but lame today.

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Anyone have experience with installing one?

stfu already ;)

Posted on: 2014/5/1 1:06

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017