Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jersey City man helps neighbors ward off attack: cops
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Felix Alarcon/The Jersey Journal

An upstairs neighbor came to the rescue of a couple in Jersey City Saturday night when a man police suspected was high on PCP forced his way into the couple?s apartment, police said.

The incident occurred around 10:45 p.m. at a house on Glenwood Avenue between Kennedy Boulevard and Bergen Avenue, police said.

The third-floor tenant, a 32-year-old man, told The Jersey Journal that he was with his 8-year-old son. The man said when he removed his headphones he heard the 69-year-old woman who lives on the first floor screaming.

The man said he rushed to the first floor and saw a man, later identified as Michael Guzman, 29, of Highland Avenue, striking the senior-citizen couple.

Police indicated that Guzman knows the couple?s son.

?I went down cautiously and helped the older man get up from the floor and I yelled out to the tall man (Guzman) not to enter the living room. I stood between them.?

According to police, Guzman forced his way inside and knocked over the 69-year-old woman in the process.

When the woman?s husband went to help her, Guzman shoved and struck the husband, police said.

The tenant said he had to help the couple despite fears for his own safety.

Officers found Guzman standing outside the building and said they noticed a ?strong smell of PCP emanating? from him.

Guzman was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center and was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and burglary.

Posted on: 2014/3/31 17:00

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017