Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

Re: JC Post Office - Be Very Afraid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

the practice of just leaving the package in the foyer seems standard.

So's the practice of lowlife's watching the carrier leave the package and then retrieving it. A tenant of mine had medication taken from the foyer in the Heights. I don't even expect them to stay and wait for a response, just ring the damn bell so I know something came.

If your foyer isn't locked, that needs to be addressed. Our foyer locks, postman has a special key, and packages are left in there secure.

And if you live in a private house where there is no foyer & your neighbors work. I have my medicine delivered to the office.

Posted on: 2014/3/30 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

So's the practice of lowlife's watching the carrier leave the package and then retrieving it. A tenant of mine had medication taken from the foyer in the Heights. I don't even expect them to stay and wait for a response, just ring the damn bell so I know something came.

If your foyer isn't locked, that needs to be addressed. Our foyer locks, postman has a special key, and packages are left in there secure.

And if you live in a private house where there is no foyer & your neighbors work. I have my medicine delivered to the office.

Posted on: 2014/3/30 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/3/30 0:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
USPS is terrible. During the day it's easy pickings for package thieves in my neighborhood.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 22:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/3/28 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Just confronted USPS package deliverer who tossed a box in the unlocked foyer area without even bothering to ring my bell. Asked why, she said: "maybe I was in a rush". I replied "maybe I'll call your supervisor".

I found a Certified Card in my mailbox last Thurs. The person it was addressed to is deceased so I wrote a note on the card stating the same & taped it to the front door on Friday. The card was there on Friday, Saturday & Monday. The damn thing was eye level! I called the post office on Tuesday morning & got the manager & told him I didn't appreciate that I put something for return on Friday & as of Tuesday morning, it was still there. It was gone Tuesday evening. (I just hope this jerk didn't toss it)

Posted on: 2014/3/28 21:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Just confronted USPS package deliverer who tossed a box in the unlocked foyer area without even bothering to ring my bell. Asked why, she said: "maybe I was in a rush". I replied "maybe I'll call your supervisor".

I frequently have packages left in my foyer and have never had, nor expected, the mail carrier to ring my bell.

Was your package "signature required"? If not, the practice of just leaving the package in the foyer seems standard.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Reouwwww - Cat Noise.

Posted on: 2014/3/28 18:35
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/3/28 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Hey MikeyTBC same thing here right addresss on package, regular mail always delivered. Used their tracking number system it stated undeliverable /no such address. My local PO fished it out of the return bin before it went back to CA. They (the PO) was embarrassed and apologetic the regular truck delivery guy was on vacation so they tossed it up to a route newbie.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 21:56
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
JC Post Office up to their old tricks.

Was supposed to get a package yesterday. Checked tracking and it stated "Undeliverable as addressed" and "notice left" - "returned to sender"

Yeah, no notice was left and the package was/is addressed fine. This is the third time this has happened this year.

other mail still gets dropped off once a week, like clockwork.

Filed another complaint but that's pretty much like shouting in a dark room that I'm alone in. I guess bitching here isn't much different.

Back to the kitchen, I smell something burning.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 18:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/13 1:49
Group:
Registered Users
caj11, you're my hero. Finally got someone on the phone. Didn't solve my problem, but I'm one step closer! Thank you!

Posted on: 2013/10/2 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

downtown wrote:
Does anyone have a number that the JC Post office actually answers? I call the number online (201-915-7038) and it says to call the 800 number. I call the 800 number and it tells me to call 201-915-7041. I call that number and it just rings and then says your call will be disconnected. I found on here to call 201-915-7040, but that is also just a recording to call the 800 number.
Thanks

Here's another number at the Jersey City post office. They'll probably stop picking it up after I publish it here but it's worth a try. 201-915-7139. Supposedly it is for that little room where they supposedly hold (and then lose) our packages when we supposedly weren't home to receive the packages. No doubt the biggest source of grief from that office. Also, you could just try dialing phone numbers in sequence until you get someone, it seems like 201-915-7042 is also a phone at that office but that never gets picked up either.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 17:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Do you honestly think the JC Post Office is sophisticated enough to be using xray technology? LOL

I don't blame you for thinking that the JC Post Office had something to do with it's disappearance. But it's 'just' because they are completely incompetent.

Even if you pay for tracking, it's a crap shoot whether they will be able to locate the package.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 15:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/24 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
It is my understanding now that no "201" numbers connect there anymore and you HAVE to call the 800 number. I found this out by finally getting someone half way knowledgeable on the phone at the 800 number. I had gone down there in person (another waste of time) because they returned one of my packages to the sender after one attempt of delivering it to me (when I was actually home on a Saturday waiting for it and it never showed up!) and last week I recieved mail on Monday, and not again until this past Monday!!!

Posted on: 2013/10/2 15:48

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 14:22
Group:
Registered Users
I don't trust JC Post Office. My family member sent a package from the West Coast never arrived. Later found out they put some cash in an envelope hidden away in the package.. But!! somehow it never arrives.. No one can see it unless you have one of those x-ray things. which usually is in Post offices.

I don't trust the Post Office. Never had that kind of problem with UPS or Fedx.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 15:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/13 1:49
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have a number that the JC Post office actually answers? I call the number online (201-915-7038) and it says to call the 800 number. I call the 800 number and it tells me to call 201-915-7041. I call that number and it just rings and then says your call will be disconnected. I found on here to call 201-915-7040, but that is also just a recording to call the 800 number.
Thanks

Posted on: 2013/10/2 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
I had a brown wrapped package with two new baby presents not arrive at its destination 3 months ago... after I handed it right to the window person... there was a time when things were not arriving, but that happened sometime back. Handing the package off, I was wondering if it would make it... frustrating, I think stuff has a better chance if it is in USPS wrapping and is being tracked.

Posted on: 2013/8/25 4:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 0:12
From Downtown JC/Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Just wanted to add my two cents that a few weeks ago I was told to expect a package on a Thursday, tracked it and was home THE ENTIRE DAY. It was never delivered, but a "delivery attempted" slip was left on our door--even though I hadn't left the house. I thought it was me--that somehow, I had either been abducted by aliens at the exact moment the delivery had been attempted or I had inadvertently taken LSD. I have also, since moving back here at the end of June, received mangled magazines with no covers, shredded mail, open mail, half open mail and so on. I have also left mail to be taken by our mail carrier that has been ignored for a solid week, and returned mail to the sender after crossing out my own info and writing NKA on it--first class mail, mind you--and had it redelivered. I don't recall things ever being this bad when I lived here previously.

Posted on: 2013/8/25 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

Ask shipper for signature request?

Quote:

SRhia wrote:
Alright, here's what happened to me:

1. I was suppose to have a package delivered this past thursday by USPS (handed off to them by UPS). According to tracking info, the package was delivered 6:52pm thurs. I was home the entire afternoon and evening, but no one rang the bell at that time, and I was not able to locate the package that evening (after checking the tracking info and realized that it was "delivered"). I checked with everyone in my building, and no one has seen a box either;

2. Fast forward to today, Saturday. I was coming home around 5:30. Just as I got out of the car (steps away from my stoop), I saw the USPS delivery lady rushed up my stoop, tried to open the front door with the keys attached to her belt (which I assume is the master key, which we never gave to the Post Office), and quickly realized that her keys didn't work for our building. She then promptly dropped the package right outside the front door (note that she didn't "place" the box down, but literally just "dropped" it right there) and ran off.
The whole thing happened so fast that I didn't even have time to say to her "I live in this building, and I'll take this package". I mean the whole thing (from the time she ran up the 5 steps to running off) took less than 5 seconds!!! ANd she didn't even bother to ring the door bell!!!

I'm super pissed now because I need to call up with the sender to work out what to do with my lost box from Thurs (which is a complete waste of my time), and hopefully they will be nice enough to work out something with me.

AND I want to file a complaint with the Post Office. I understand that this will likely go nowhere in the JC Post Office, but I want to be a pain in the a** to someone for this whole mess.

What's the best route to do this to get some attention for this at the Post Office?

TIA.

Posted on: 2013/8/25 3:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/8/25 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Alright, here's what happened to me:

1. I was suppose to have a package delivered this past thursday by USPS (handed off to them by UPS). According to tracking info, the package was delivered 6:52pm thurs. I was home the entire afternoon and evening, but no one rang the bell at that time, and I was not able to locate the package that evening (after checking the tracking info and realized that it was "delivered"). I checked with everyone in my building, and no one has seen a box either;

2. Fast forward to today, Saturday. I was coming home around 5:30. Just as I got out of the car (steps away from my stoop), I saw the USPS delivery lady rushed up my stoop, tried to open the front door with the keys attached to her belt (which I assume is the master key, which we never gave to the Post Office), and quickly realized that her keys didn't work for our building. She then promptly dropped the package right outside the front door (note that she didn't "place" the box down, but literally just "dropped" it right there) and ran off.
The whole thing happened so fast that I didn't even have time to say to her "I live in this building, and I'll take this package". I mean the whole thing (from the time she ran up the 5 steps to running off) took less than 5 seconds!!! ANd she didn't even bother to ring the door bell!!!

I'm super pissed now because I need to call up with the sender to work out what to do with my lost box from Thurs (which is a complete waste of my time), and hopefully they will be nice enough to work out something with me.

AND I want to file a complaint with the Post Office. I understand that this will likely go nowhere in the JC Post Office, but I want to be a pain in the a** to someone for this whole mess.

What's the best route to do this to get some attention for this at the Post Office?

TIA.

Posted on: 2013/8/25 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
MY son snapped this PO fail while on a stroll. Hope that's not valuable!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/8/15 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

leigh13 wrote:
The regular carrier in Harsimus Cove is apparently on vacation, as I saw two substitute carriers handling the delivery around 6:30pm yesterday. If you can deal with a little extra bumbling, have some patience this week.

umm, when I go on vacation, someone who knows how to do my job fills in for me. Is it too hard to find someone who can read an address, drive a car, open a mailbox with a key, and knock on a door when necessary? If it is, then God help us

Posted on: 2013/1/8 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
I mailed my Holliday cards off to all my friends and loved ones and this year I mailed them off in two batches in the week before christmas. The first batch I dropped in the slot at the Main Post Office in Manhattan across from Madison Square Garden and I learned that people in Manhattan got their cards in the mail within a day and a half. Pretty Good! Sadly, I put the other batch into the slot at my local Journal Square Post Office branch. I learned today ( January 8th) that one of my cards had just yesterday arrived in Brooklyn. I made mention of it on facebook and one of my Jersey City friends said HE WAS STILL WAITING FOR HIS. What gives Jersey City Post Office? How come you can?t deliver mail? Is it too much of a challenge for you to??deliver mail?

Posted on: 2013/1/8 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/21 19:38
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
The regular carrier in Harsimus Cove is apparently on vacation, as I saw two substitute carriers handling the delivery around 6:30pm yesterday. If you can deal with a little extra bumbling, have some patience this week.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 15:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
after i posted the original story of our building's mail missing for over a week, the journal picked up the story, and then CBS.

Ultimately, a post office investigator came to my apartment building (who I easily buzzed in) and took my version of the story firsthand.

I have his email at home. I can provide it to whoever needs it.

I don't think anything would have happened if the Journal didn't get involved. I was treated poorly by everyone at the post office that I spoke to up until the point that the media got involved.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Everyone, contact the USPS Office of Inspector General.

What the USPS OIG Hotline can assist you with:

Theft, delay, or destruction of mail by employees and contractors
Injury compensation fraud
Embezzlements and financial crimes
Contract Fraud
Kickbacks
Computer Crimes
Narcotics
Employee Misconduct
Internal affairs and executive investigations
Whistleblower reprisal

http://www.uspsoig.gov/hotline_main.cfm

Posted on: 2012/9/5 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
I live on 7th between Brunswick and Division and I have personally witnessed the woman who delivers the mail on the weekend skipping every other house and muttering to herself about how miserable she is and "what bullshit (her words) this is". Calling the JC post office is useless, they are a well known disgrace.
It's late tonight, but I am going to find out who the postmaster is for the region and try to contact them. I'll post the info here when I get it.
Don't be afraid, be angry.

Posted on: 2012/9/5 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users
I live downtown on 7th and am not getting mail delivered. Empty mailbox. This is bullshit. Anybody else downtown?

I called and spoke to a Supervisor named Paul last week and he said the regular guy was on leave blah blah, and I said, please deliver my mail.....nothing.

Just filed a complaint with USPS....see what happens...

Posted on: 2012/9/4 22:09

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017