Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Any flooding in west bergen during sandy or irene?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 13:51
Group:
Registered Users
jjmcv please check your private message.

Posted on: 2014/3/27 19:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/8 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, I appreciate the insight from both of you. Worth looking into. While it's a little further out then I'd like to live the prices and low taxes are hard to overlook.

Posted on: 2014/3/21 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jjmcv wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

jjmcv wrote:
That's what real estate companies are calling the area, doesn't carry the stigma of "Greenville".

And from what I saw, some properties in Country Village got hit pretty hard during Sandy.

No doubt. Some people are surprised when I tell them that the neighborhood east of Garfield and south of Danforth is one of the more peaceful areas in Jersey City.

I love that area, I was interested in a house there on Princeton but decided to walk away due to no parking. Its like the country over there.

However, That area is also a part of GV but I hear it might be in for a name change as well with all the new development behind the Richard street station. My area is slowly loosing its GV name due to the park.

Soon GV we will be a 4 block radius with all the name changing. sigh.. Too bad, I actually like the name.

I've been enticed by a couple real estate listings in this area (by the Danforth ave. light rail). Do either of you have the inside scoop? Is it genuinely quiet? No spillover from Greenville proper? Any insight is appreciated.

The area is in GV and it is quite and with a suburban feel without it being gated.

I have only been up here for 3 years (Richard st rail one station away) and only heard of two incidents at the Danforth station 3 people were mugged by a serial mugger who was caught a few weeks later, and the other was a cab driver being shot by someone he picked up at Journal Square, which shocked the residents there because nothing like that ever happens there.

Its pretty there with NYC skyline views and it looks like another town more so than JC. I like it up there personally but I like the energy more on Richard due to there is more activity here and more of a city feel. Danforth does not have a city feel at all, its more like a cozy, country get away feel IMO.

Posted on: 2014/3/21 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jjmcv wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

jjmcv wrote:
That's what real estate companies are calling the area, doesn't carry the stigma of "Greenville".

And from what I saw, some properties in Country Village got hit pretty hard during Sandy.

No doubt. Some people are surprised when I tell them that the neighborhood east of Garfield and south of Danforth is one of the more peaceful areas in Jersey City.

I love that area, I was interested in a house there on Princeton but decided to walk away due to no parking. Its like the country over there.

However, That area is also a part of GV but I hear it might be in for a name change as well with all the new development behind the Richard street station. My area is slowly loosing its GV name due to the park.

Soon GV we will be a 4 block radius with all the name changing. sigh.. Too bad, I actually like the name.

I've been enticed by a couple real estate listings in this area (by the Danforth ave. light rail). Do either of you have the inside scoop? Is it genuinely quiet? No spillover from Greenville proper? Any insight is appreciated.

It's very peaceful. It's rare to hear or read about any crime in that little area.

Posted on: 2014/3/21 13:10

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

jjmcv wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/21 12:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

jjmcv wrote:
That's what real estate companies are calling the area, doesn't carry the stigma of "Greenville". ?

I love that area, I was interested in a house there on Princeton but decided to walk away due to no parking. Its like the country over there.?

However, That area is also a part of GV but I hear it might be in for a name change as well with all the new development behind the Richard street station. My area is slowly loosing its GV name due to the park. ??

I think it should be called Cerelyville again.

HA! The Lenape Indians called GV Pamrapo or Mingakwe, but today that may be a mouthful.

I'm going to take a page out of John Lennon and Yoko Ono's book and stage a musical protest outside Frank Gajewski's office and demand that Greenville be renamand Pamrapo. At last justice for the Lenape Indians!

Posted on: 2014/3/19 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

jjmcv wrote:

HA! The Lenape Indians called GV Pamrapo or Mingakwe, but today that may be a mouthful.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

jjmcv wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/19 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

jjmcv wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/19 13:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jjmcv wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/19 12:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/19 12:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Only a selective few call it that and the rest of us call it GV. It was a part of GV township before it joined JC, so it will always be a part of GV. The same goes for CV, SH, and PL.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 11:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
I had no idea that area is called West Bergen.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 11:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Howpat wrote:
Country Village flooded. Other than what has been mentioned,
Greenville and West Bergen Don't flood.

440 acts as a levee for CV. During Sandy the water just came over that and hit low lying properties like a tidal wave.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 5:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 13:51
Group:
Registered Users
Country Village flooded. Other than what has been mentioned,
Greenville and West Bergen Don't flood.

Posted on: 2014/3/19 0:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 19:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
We were fine up here, just no electricity for nine days, but no flooding. Only areas that were flooded up this way that I am aware of were the gated communities in GV.

Society Hill and Port Liberte had major flooding.

That's good to hear. Thanks!

Posted on: 2014/3/18 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
We were fine up here, just no electricity for nine days, but no flooding. Only areas that were flooded up this way that I am aware of were the gated communities in GV.

Society Hill and Port Liberte had major flooding.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 16:24

Any flooding in west bergen during sandy or irene?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 19:27
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of buying a house in west bergen on virginia terrace. I saw a flood map of JC showing that this area is out of the flood zone. But I was if anyone from the neighborhood could tell me if they had problems with flooding during those two storms.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 15:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017