Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
85 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 85

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Pensiongate? Christie Campaign Donors Won Huge Contracts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ending no-bid contracts does not mean that every service the city pays for has to be sent out for bids. That's ridiculous.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 22:34
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
After criticizing Corzine for "gambling" with public funds, Christie appoints his high school buddy, a hedge fund manager, in charge of state investments. They move one third of public pension assets into hedge funds, including funds managed by major contributors to Christie's political campaigns. The investment return in below average in part due to the high fees paid to the campaign contributors. I'd say that's a story.

There doesn't seem to be any aspect of public affairs that Christie does not view as a profit opportunity for his cronies.

Today, the New York Times reports that Christie mentor and Port Authority Chairman David Samson is under federal criminal investigation for awarding huge construction contracts to his own clients.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/19/nyr ... -bridge-contracts.html?hp

How do you feel about Mayor Fulop handing out no-bid contracts to the law firm co-owned by his political Democratic ally Ray Lesniak, with JC taxpayers footing the bill? While campaigning, Fulop promised to put everything out for bids. He has now given two no bid contracts to Lesniak.

Are you equally outraged over this, lol? Or do you save your fauxrage for Christie and any Republican?

Not everything has to go out for bids and I doubt Fulop would have made such a ridiculous promise. The City has a longstanding relationship with a law firm that has the expertise to efficiently represent it. ALL organizations that use legal services have longstanding relationships with particular firms.

What are you going on about? A single $25,000 engagement? Christie is playing will tens of billions of dollars of public funds. So yes, I direct my outrage where it belongs.

Typical Republican argument strategy--change the subject and allege hypocrisy.

You're doubting Fulop making a ridiculous campaign promise? Hell, he used it in campaign ads!

"You deserve a city that works for you," Fulop said in a recent ad, promising to modernize the police force, make budgets more transparent, and end no-bid contracts.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013 ... healy_sling_mud_in_c.html

Posted on: 2014/3/18 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Bogart wrote:
After criticizing Corzine for "gambling" with public funds, Christie appoints his high school buddy, a hedge fund manager, in charge of state investments. They move one third of public pension assets into hedge funds, including funds managed by major contributors to Christie's political campaigns. The investment return in below average in part due to the high fees paid to the campaign contributors. I'd say that's a story.

There doesn't seem to be any aspect of public affairs that Christie does not view as a profit opportunity for his cronies.

Today, the New York Times reports that Christie mentor and Port Authority Chairman David Samson is under federal criminal investigation for awarding huge construction contracts to his own clients.

How do you feel about Mayor Fulop handing out no-bid contracts to the law firm co-owned by his political Democratic ally Ray Lesniak, with JC taxpayers footing the bill? While campaigning, Fulop promised to put everything out for bids. He has now given two no bid contracts to Lesniak.

Are you equally outraged over this, lol? Or do you save your fauxrage for Christie and any Republican?

Not everything has to go out for bids and I doubt Fulop would have made such a ridiculous promise. The City has a longstanding relationship with a law firm that has the expertise to efficiently represent it. ALL organizations that use legal services have longstanding relationships with particular firms.

What are you going on about? A single $25,000 engagement? Christie is playing will tens of billions of dollars of public funds. So yes, I direct my outrage where it belongs.

Typical Republican argument strategy--change the subject and allege hypocrisy.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 22:14
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bogart wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:48
I live by the river.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Another hack job from The Nation, self described as 'the flagship of the left'.

Not likely to be fair and balanced . . . lol

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Christie sucks and I wish he wasn't the Gov, but this is Politics 101.

Do you think Fulop would've given a no bid contract like the one he gave to Lesniak's law firm to a law firm with ties to a Republican state Senator? Of course not. Another non story.

It's not a non-story. It's a major issue. The problem is that it's so widespread that Christie doesn't look different than any other politician with power.

This is what they do and this is why politics fails. They do this on both sides and that's why I laugh at fan boys of Dems or Repubs.. both fans are being foolish.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Do you think Fulop would've given a no bid contract like the one he gave to Lesniak's law firm to a law firm with ties to a Republican state Senator? Of course not. Another non story.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/18 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

lefty55 wrote:
Anyone?........Anyone?..........Anyone?..........Monroe, are you there?

Something....Something......Looney Left..........Benghazi!.....This is actually a good move by Christie helping the people.......I'm the objective one who calls out partisan politics!

Posted on: 2014/3/18 20:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
When I hear Christie and Pension together, all I think is that he's directed more contributions to the pension funds than the last four Governors combined.

Isn't that a good thing for the state employees??

Posted on: 2014/3/18 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone?........Anyone?..........Anyone?..........Monroe, are you there?

Posted on: 2014/3/18 19:50

Pensiongate? Christie Campaign Donors Won Huge Contracts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/18 18:35

[Advanced Search]