Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Why are almost half of Fulop's meeting hidden?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Such secrecy from someone who promised transparency.

Re-read the article. His office is not allowed, by law, to release the names of private citizens he meets. The same exact law presumably applies to Christie.

"?The administration can only provide information for people who are elected officials, government employees or for public events ? all of which we provided,? she said in an email. ?The state law is written this way to protect the privacy of private residents.?"

Quote:
Just imagine if Christie had half his meetings hidden from the public . . . what the outrage would be in these parts.

I'd say "none."

I don't care which private citizens Christie meets. I'm much more interested in:

? Getting an accurate list of donors
? Making sure someone in the administration knows how to reach him at all times, in case of an emergency that requires his input
? That he's spending enough time on state business.

Posted on: 2014/3/16 20:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Jeez, fatassbike-the hidden meetings were hidden FROM the Freedom of Information request results . . . that were delayed and delayed at the last minute available.

The question is what is he hiding? Half his daily agenda with people/persons unknown?

How does that jibe with his intent of transparency??

Posted on: 2014/3/16 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
ok, its quite obvious you must be working for Christie in some capacity and you see Fulop as a direct threat to your employer as you ALWAYS seem to comment and 'protect' christie on every knucklehead thing he does.

Nah, but I love holding the mirror up for hypocrites so they can see themselves.

What do you feel about Fulop keeping almost half his daily appointments hidden from the public who pay his salary, especially in light of his claims to run a transparent City Hall?

Do a FOI (freedom of information) request - All meetings would be minuted and noted so any discussion could be carried out and relied on so NO individual can go maverick ... like Christie claiming he had no knowledge on the bridge fiasco and Healy did on just about everything that went wrong with his staff and administrative decisions.

You seem to forget that confidentiality is not the same as secrecy ... Do you believe that any 'Joe' would be privy to all discussions in the whitehouse - we need to get real here!

This said and if there is a foock-up and Fulop hides this involvment or fails to be transparent with what went on, then he too will be 'burnt at the stake' at election time

Posted on: 2014/3/16 20:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
That is absolutely baloney. If you walk into a public building that has cameras then there is no privacy. I would expect privacy if you went to Fulop's home.

Posted on: 2014/3/16 20:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Some meetings have to be private in order for things like this to happen.

Many of us who pay taxes have met with the mayor, council president, and chief of police to discuss quality of life issues.. It is done in private to protect one's identity and safety.

When the far left leaning nj.com/Star Ledger is hosting a story slamming Fulop for his extreme lack of transparency-it's a red flag.

And again, if Christie redacted half his daily meetings the left sheeple would be screaming bloody murder-because that's what partisan hypocrites do.

Posted on: 2014/3/16 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Some meetings have to be private in order for things like this to happen.

Many of us who pay taxes have met with the mayor, council president, and chief of police to discuss quality of life issues.. It is done in private to protect one's identity and safety.

Posted on: 2014/3/16 19:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
ok, its quite obvious you must be working for Christie in some capacity and you see Fulop as a direct threat to your employer as you ALWAYS seem to comment and 'protect' christie on every knucklehead thing he does.

Nah, but I love holding the mirror up for hypocrites so they can see themselves.

What do you feel about Fulop keeping almost half his daily appointments hidden from the public who pay his salary, especially in light of his claims to run a transparent City Hall?

Posted on: 2014/3/16 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/16 19:38
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Why are almost half of Fulop's meeting hidden?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Such secrecy from someone who promised transparency. Just imagine if Christie had half his meetings hidden from the public . . . what the outrage would be in these parts.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... html#incart_river_default

Posted on: 2014/3/16 19:31

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017