Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
If you compare Georgia vs Ukraine you'll note there is quite the difference between the two strategically to the USA. Also, the incursion in Ukraine comes on the heels of Putin embarrassing the USA in Syria and with Iran. Putin spitting into Obama's eyes time and time again make the Bush/Georgia comparison very, very weak.

But no visas for you! makes Obama look like the Soup Nazi telling off a customer.

Don't kid yourself, the US will never intervene to keep the peace while the Ukraines try to have elections - there is simply nothing in for us - We learnt from our intervention in the former Yugoslavia.
If the Russians want to move in to help keep the peace until they have elections, then thats great - I have little doubt that Russia will want to manage / take-over the Ukraine either ... they have nothing really to offer and would be a burden on their finances.

But this is all off the topic that Christie is a knuckle-head!

Off topic, but I read that the Russians have a oil pipline going through the Ukraine to supply europe and this is why they have stepped in - It is rumored that the Ukrainians have been tapping into the pipline for years and this is the first opportunity for the Russians to put an end to it.

Posted on: 2014/3/7 7:08
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
If Obama is held to anywhere the same 'standards' as some here seem to feel Christie should be held . . well, impeachment would have started a long time ago.

IRS, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, checking reporter phone records, just to start.

And a traffic jam Christie didn't know about, or order, or was involved with is a big deal for a potential POTUS candidate?

As opposed to the blood of four Americans on the hands of Hilary Clinton?

The difference is in scale. There are a million federal agencies. Yes, it is conceivable that low level employees in those organizations (IRS local office) can do things that Obama did not order or was aware of.

It is tougher to make that argument for Benghazi, but I think that implicated Hillary Clinton far more so than Obama. And I think if she were to run for President, she will be facing tons of Benghazi related questioning, with good reason.

In contract to the federal government, the NJ government is far more tight-knit, especially the relationship between Christie's office and the Port Authority. Have you been following the news about the Port Authority? They basically serve as an extension of Christie.

It is staggeringly implausible that the highest-level employees in Christie's office and the Port Authority were carrying out these type of orders (political retaliation) and Christie had absolutely no knowledge or involvement. That's why he's getting killed in the press, because he's lying his ass off.

After the bridge scandle Christie is no longer the darling of Democrats. Republicans who think he is a RINO will hammer him with this in the primary elections.

I don't think Bengazi will hurt Hilary Clinton. I think people who don't watch Fox "News" believe it was another attack by crazy people who hate America. I just find it depressing that she's running. Obama was part of the Chicago Clinton cabal long before he ran for president. His presidency has shattered any illusions I had that politicians can be more than lying con artists. These days I think they're all, Democrats and Republicans, corporatists. They're in it for themselves. Anyone who is more than that is weeded out of the process before they can come close to winning the presidential primary election.

I agree with you 100%. We live in a plutocracy and the national presidential election is a sham to give people the illusion of control. In fact, one form of corruption is so rampant in America there's a term for it, google "regulatory capture."

That's why I'm one of the few who voted third party (Libertarian) last election. People say it's "throwing your vote away" but it actually felt very liberating, like my vote counted.

If Clinton wins the primary, unless there is a truly all star Republican candidate I plan on voting third party again. You may want to consider it.

Bernie Sanders just confirmed (informally) that he's going to run for president. I'm planning on getting involved with his campaign for the same reason you backed Ron Paul.

Good I hope he does. I'll be following him and any developments.

Posted on: 2014/3/7 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
If you compare Georgia vs Ukraine you'll note there is quite the difference between the two strategically to the USA. Also, the incursion in Ukraine comes on the heels of Putin embarrassing the USA in Syria and with Iran. Putin spitting into Obama's eyes time and time again make the Bush/Georgia comparison very, very weak.

But no visas for you! makes Obama look like the Soup Nazi telling off a customer.

Don't kid yourself, the US will never intervene to keep the peace while the Ukraines try to have elections - there is simply nothing in for us - We learnt from our intervention in the former Yugoslavia.
If the Russians want to move in to help keep the peace until they have elections, then thats great - I have little doubt that Russia will want to manage / take-over the Ukraine either ... they have nothing really to offer and would be a burden on their finances.

But this is all off the topic that Christie is a knuckle-head!

Posted on: 2014/3/7 1:31
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/6 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebs, I didn't say go to war with Putin, I said go Jersey on him.

Show some emotion-and some balls. Start putting the anti-Iranian missile batteries in Poland. Say we're changing our mind and not decimating our military, with a focus on Europe. Immediately give the Keystone pipeline a go, freeing up more oil for export to Europe.

Putin's laughing in Obama's face-oooh, don't take away our visas!

You can't put missiles in Poland without their approval and request. The current military reduction was the idea of the Pentagon. Creating a pipeline now does nothing for Ukraine, now.

I do find it laughable that you're up in arms about Obama's response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Why don't you remind me of what Bush's response to Russia invading Georgia was? Oh wait, you were there screaming about "going Jersey on Putin" back then too, right?

Obama has already done more in regards to Ukraine that Bush did in regards to Georgia. Yet, the right says Putin is laughing at Obama... right.

Posted on: 2014/3/6 22:37
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Pebs, I didn't say go to war with Putin, I said go Jersey on him.

Show some emotion-and some balls. Start putting the anti-Iranian missile batteries in Poland. Say we're changing our mind and not decimating our military, with a focus on Europe. Immediately give the Keystone pipeline a go, freeing up more oil for export to Europe.

Putin's laughing in Obama's face-oooh, don't take away our visas!

Posted on: 2014/3/6 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
As compared to our two previous Governors-one had a out of wedlock affair with the President of a union that represents half of NJ state employees (imagine the pillow talk) and the other had an out of wedlock affair with another man, who he illegally appointed (as a foreign national) as head of NJ Homeland Security, post 9/11.

And some staffers of Christie caused a traffic jam, which he didn't know about, is important? btw, do we have an email, a text, a memo, or a tape connecting him to the orange cones going up?

When we're talking about 2016, it'll be about Bridgegate vs Benghazi. Maybe then we'll get to the 'immaculate concussion' Hilary suffered when it was convenient? Did we ever get to the bottom of that, lol?

Yes. The Bridge scandal is far worse. The motives and the actions are disastrous. It shows pettiness. It shows a man with a massive ego problem.

Why does Samson have a job still? Christie can fire this man with a drop of the hat. Yet, the man remains. He?s stealing from the Port Authority and stealing from those that use it.

An affair is bad, but it doesn?t affect governance. Christie is appointing people that are morally bankrupt.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
More bad news for the conspiracy theory looney Christie haters.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... html#incart_river_default

This is your big to-do? Yawn. Hardly anyone cared about this. What people care about is whether he was bullying Hoboken so that Samson could get some more pocket change or whether he is incompetent enough to not know what his staff was doing.

In the meantime, Christie was still claiming that there was a traffic study as recently as last week. The man is either stupid or lying.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
More bad news for the conspiracy theory looney Christie haters...

The Governor doesn?t have to commit a single crime in order to demonstrate his difficultly handing emotions in a manner appropriate for an adult in high office, much less for a President with access to the football. He?s done it many times over. Regardless of their various shortcomings, the men who have occupied the Oval Office have generally been calm, cool, and collected. Christie?s bluster is more commonly seen among the world?s despotic leaders, and has no place in our nation?s highest office.

Are you kidding? Instead of taking the drastic move of putting a hold on some Russian visas I'd have loved for Obama to go Jersey on Putin. Christie doesn't have a problem handling emotions, he wears them on his fleece. Which is why so many respond to him.

A lot of people respond to American Idol. Your tired meme about people responding to him means absolutely nothing.

Your comments about Obama basically going to war with Russia is emblematic of a simple mind. Those that understand little of foreign relations and even little about that area of the world often just resort to pulling out the gun and shooting that which they can?t comprehend.

Posted on: 2014/3/6 22:24
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

The Governor doesn?t have to commit a single crime in order to demonstrate his difficultly handing emotions in a manner appropriate for an adult in high office, much less for a President with access to the football. He?s done it many times over. Regardless of their various shortcomings, the men who have occupied the Oval Office have generally been calm, cool, and collected. Christie?s bluster is more commonly seen among the world?s despotic leaders, and has no place in our nation?s highest office.

Are you kidding? Instead of taking the drastic move of putting a hold on some Russian visas I'd have loved for Obama to go Jersey on Putin. Christie doesn't have a problem handling emotions, he wears them on his fleece. Which is why so many respond to him.

Posted on: 2014/3/6 22:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
If Obama is held to anywhere the same 'standards' as some here seem to feel Christie should be held . . well, impeachment would have started a long time ago.

IRS, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, checking reporter phone records, just to start.

And a traffic jam Christie didn't know about, or order, or was involved with is a big deal for a potential POTUS candidate?

The difference is in scale. There are a million federal agencies. Yes, it is conceivable that low level employees in those organizations (IRS local office) can do things that Obama did not order or was aware of.

It is tougher to make that argument for Benghazi, but I think that implicated Hillary Clinton far more so than Obama. And I think if she were to run for President, she will be facing tons of Benghazi related questioning, with good reason.

In contract to the federal government, the NJ government is far more tight-knit, especially the relationship between Christie's office and the Port Authority. Have you been following the news about the Port Authority? They basically serve as an extension of Christie.

It is staggeringly implausible that the highest-level employees in Christie's office and the Port Authority were carrying out these type of orders (political retaliation) and Christie had absolutely no knowledge or involvement. That's why he's getting killed in the press, because he's lying his ass off.

After the bridge scandle Christie is no longer the darling of Democrats. Republicans who think he is a RINO will hammer him with this in the primary elections.

I don't think Bengazi will hurt Hilary Clinton. I think people who don't watch Fox "News" believe it was another attack by crazy people who hate America. I just find it depressing that she's running. Obama was part of the Chicago Clinton cabal long before he ran for president. His presidency has shattered any illusions I had that politicians can be more than lying con artists. These days I think they're all, Democrats and Republicans, corporatists. They're in it for themselves. Anyone who is more than that is weeded out of the process before they can come close to winning the presidential primary election.

I agree with you 100%. We live in a plutocracy and the national presidential election is a sham to give people the illusion of control. In fact, one form of corruption is so rampant in America there's a term for it, google "regulatory capture."

That's why I'm one of the few who voted third party (Libertarian) last election. People say it's "throwing your vote away" but it actually felt very liberating, like my vote counted.

If Clinton wins the primary, unless there is a truly all star Republican candidate I plan on voting third party again. You may want to consider it.

Bernie Sanders just confirmed (informally) that he's going to run for president. I'm planning on getting involved with his campaign for the same reason you backed Ron Paul.

Posted on: 2014/3/6 21:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/6 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Christie is walking on eggs shells and his credibility is shot - This was of his own making and I can only assume people of influence will keep their distance.
Its quite obvious Christie likes to walk the fine line of whats legal and not. Governance would suggest that getting quotes is the correct way of doing things then just handing over contracts. He might have dodged a bullet, but the rifle is still pointed his way by regulators ...

Posted on: 2014/3/6 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/6 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
Please retire Samson already!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/06/opi ... r-david-samson-to-go.html

This article highlights to me that we have a sociopath as a governor who employs corporate psychopaths

Posted on: 2014/3/6 20:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/6 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

The Port Authority is equally run by Cuomo and Christie, and has been a patronage arm for both Governors-and since we've had more Democratic Governors in NY and NJ in recent times than Republicans you can start there when your critique begins, no?

Except that it was Christie that appointed these morally bankrupt individuals to their posts.

It was Christie that put in charge a man that would change rent of property from $1m to $1.00 so that his law firm client could reap the benefits. It was Christie that created a position from thin air so that a guy could largely have a political position and get paid to take revenge on towns.

We can certainly go back in time and start taking to task the absurd political hires of people. However, let's start by dealing with the current blatant corruption and abuse of power by our Loser-at-Life Governor.

As compared to our two previous Governors-one had a out of wedlock affair with the President of a union that represents half of NJ state employees (imagine the pillow talk) and the other had an out of wedlock affair with another man, who he illegally appointed (as a foreign national) as head of NJ Homeland Security, post 9/11.

And some staffers of Christie caused a traffic jam, which he didn't know about, is important? btw, do we have an email, a text, a memo, or a tape connecting him to the orange cones going up?

When we're talking about 2016, it'll be about Bridgegate vs Benghazi. Maybe then we'll get to the 'immaculate concussion' Hilary suffered when it was convenient? Did we ever get to the bottom of that, lol?

Posted on: 2014/3/6 16:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

The Port Authority is equally run by Cuomo and Christie, and has been a patronage arm for both Governors-and since we've had more Democratic Governors in NY and NJ in recent times than Republicans you can start there when your critique begins, no?

Except that it was Christie that appointed these morally bankrupt individuals to their posts.

It was Christie that put in charge a man that would change rent of property from $1m to $1.00 so that his law firm client could reap the benefits. It was Christie that created a position from thin air so that a guy could largely have a political position and get paid to take revenge on towns.

We can certainly go back in time and start taking to task the absurd political hires of people. However, let's start by dealing with the current blatant corruption and abuse of power by our Loser-at-Life Governor.

Posted on: 2014/3/6 16:00
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/6 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/6 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/6 11:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/6 3:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/6 2:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Chris Christie has about as much a chance of running for president as I do. This wind-bag is done. If you haven't seen and heard enough by now, you're living under a rock.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 23:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
if Kelly was subpoenaed then if she doesn't have anything to hide why is she not cooperating?

Over a traffic jam? The question is why Obama's IRS honcho Lois Lerner has taken the 5th-does that bother you as much-after all, it only involves the freaking IRS, lol.

You know what, if we were on a board in California frothing over Christie's troubles you "might" have a point. But we're not. He's our Governor and we're right in the middle of the shitstorm and affected directly by what he does. We have a right to be more interested in a parochial way.

Are you equally outraged over the Newark Watershed Board financial Booker issues? You know, where his gal pal got a multi-hundred thousand dollar 'retirement package' when she didn't retire? Or when his hand picked board gave out millions to his law firm partner, who paid him multi hundred thousand dollars in payouts??

As opposed to a traffic jam?

The "traffic jam" as you call it in an attempt to downplay what is, at the heart, the worst thing a government official can do is not on par with grift.

Handing out cash is corruption. Coming up with ways to punish citizens because their mayor won't go along with your plans is evil.

There are only two options with this "traffic jam". Either Christie is the most incompetent governor in the world, to the point that he didn't know what those he hired and are close to him were doing, or he was in on it. You be the judge.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 22:19
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
if Kelly was subpoenaed then if she doesn't have anything to hide why is she not cooperating?

Over a traffic jam? The question is why Obama's IRS honcho Lois Lerner has taken the 5th-does that bother you as much-after all, it only involves the freaking IRS, lol.

You know what, if we were on a board in California frothing over Christie's troubles you "might" have a point. But we're not. He's our Governor and we're right in the middle of the shitstorm and affected directly by what he does. We have a right to be more interested in a parochial way.

Are you equally outraged over the Newark Watershed Board financial Booker issues? You know, where his gal pal got a multi-hundred thousand dollar 'retirement package' when she didn't retire? Or when his hand picked board gave out millions to his law firm partner, who paid him multi hundred thousand dollars in payouts??

It's too bad those didn't get more press during the election, but they'l get their day in the coming one. You still don't get it that it isn't the outcome of "bridgegate" as much as the process, motivation and attempts at coverup that make it different. Sad to say, but plain old graft and incompetence isn't as interesting as revenge and blackmail by a presidential aspirant.

Posted on: 2014/3/5 17:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/5 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/5 3:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/3/5 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/3/4 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I watched Christie's Toms River shore area Town Hall meeting today, the 112th of his term. He was genuine, honest, and forthright. Tons of applause, and he took each and every question. No one cares about a traffic jam, and nothing, months later, shows he knew anything about it at the time. Yes, the Star Ledger continues to link him to every tiny news report (even to putting his picture alongside Booker in a story about Booker's Watergate!!) but try as so many do to throw crap against the wall-it ain't sticking, because there isn't a smoking gun.

And for the 'well, it's his culture than engendered it'-then you're of the same mind for Obama and Mrs. Clinton in the White House and State Department, yes?

Posted on: 2014/3/4 23:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Stop electing idiots!

Posted on: 2014/3/4 23:25

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 ... 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017