Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Favors at Jersey City Parking Authority? Car 'boots' removed free for workers, officials, friends
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/2/6 23:13

Re: Favors at Jersey City Parking Authority? Car 'boots' removed free for workers, officials, friends
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/27 1:30
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Will give that a try. Thanks, nygravey.

Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Did you try writing a letter directly to Mary Paretti? spinello@jcparking.org

I don't know much about her (I think people on this board have a negative view on her, but I don't know either way), but maybe try explaining the situation to her?

Best of luck.

Quote:

FunInWardF wrote:
Surprisingly, for the rest of us, they don't have a claims process for when they carelessly damage your vehicle. They left a nice scrape in the rim of my year-old car. When I called to complain they told me to take them to small claims court.

Posted on: 2013/12/19 0:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Did you try writing a letter directly to Mary Paretti? spinello@jcparking.org

I don't know much about her (I think people on this board have a negative view on her, but I don't know either way), but maybe try explaining the situation to her?

Best of luck.

Quote:

FunInWardF wrote:
Surprisingly, for the rest of us, they don't have a claims process for when they carelessly damage your vehicle. They left a nice scrape in the rim of my year-old car. When I called to complain they told me to take them to small claims court.

Posted on: 2013/12/18 13:57

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/6/27 1:30
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/17 7:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I am one of the "courtesy removals." I had my lawyer send the PA a letter explaining my case for why the boot was illegal, and they refunded the fee. I didn't know that you can also get it refunded via court order.

Posted on: 2013/12/11 18:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Going back years, how often do you hear about someone getting out of a speeding ticket or parking ticket because they have a friend or relative that is a police officer?

Stuff like this doesn't surprise me.

Posted on: 2013/12/11 13:02
Dos A Cero

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/10 14:42
Group:
Registered Users
This was recently on another thread if I am correct . there was a user on this that had one removed who was a resident In need .

Posted on: 2013/12/10 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

Why these privileges? Are certain individuals above the law?

Quote:

terrencemcd wrote:
Favors at Jersey City Parking Authority? Car 'boots' removed free for workers, officials, friends

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

The Jersey City Parking Authority, which puts about 6,000 ?boots? on improperly parked cars annually, has removed them at no charge for dozens of JCPA workers, city employees and high-ranking officials in the last three years, records show.

The JCPA?s noblesse oblige often extends to relatives of public workers, friends of public officials like ex-Freeholder Eliu Rivera and even for former hoops star and failed mayoral candidate Jerry Walker, the records show.

The documents are known as ?boot void sheets,? and they are filled out each time the JCPA refunds some or all of the $110 it costs a motorist to have a boot removed, or when the boot is removed before the motorist pays.

The Jersey Journal requested copies of the sheets after a source delivered a handful that indicate JCPA officials are removing boots at no charge as favors for insiders.

READ MORE

Posted on: 2013/12/10 13:43

Favors at Jersey City Parking Authority? Car 'boots' removed free for workers, officials, friends
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

The Jersey City Parking Authority, which puts about 6,000 ?boots? on improperly parked cars annually, has removed them at no charge for dozens of JCPA workers, city employees and high-ranking officials in the last three years, records show.

The JCPA?s noblesse oblige often extends to relatives of public workers, friends of public officials like ex-Freeholder Eliu Rivera and even for former hoops star and failed mayoral candidate Jerry Walker, the records show.

The documents are known as ?boot void sheets,? and they are filled out each time the JCPA refunds some or all of the $110 it costs a motorist to have a boot removed, or when the boot is removed before the motorist pays.

The Jersey Journal requested copies of the sheets after a source delivered a handful that indicate JCPA officials are removing boots at no charge as favors for insiders.

READ MORE

Posted on: 2013/12/10 12:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017