Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fulop fooled city voters
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
THIS CITY IS GOING DOWN FAST........

Posted on: 2014/2/6 15:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Fire and police salaries are pretty generous all around. Remember, these employees do not need a college degree, can retire after 25 years, have a pension based on the average salary for their last three years, get tuition reimbursement while on the job, get generous vacation, sick leave, and medical and dental benefits. Yes policing is difficult and dangerous and the JCPD is the best. And yes, fighting fires is dangerous. Btw, firemen work one 24 hour day and then get three off. Typically, a guy will trade shifts and work a couple of days in a row and then go home to south Jersey or Pennsylvania for a week. There are ways to increase efficiency in both departments but it is a difficult task.

Posted on: 2014/2/6 14:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/6 0:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

WhyMe wrote:
Quote:
by Showtime wrote on 2014/2/5 10:42:11

Some would obtain the license, some wouldn't. Those that didn't pursued other type of work.

I don't even know if Malik qualifies as the latter - I don't know anything about him.

He is too disabled to get relicensed in his own field but is not too disabled to be mayor which is as just as physically active job.

How do his disabilities compare to those of FDR?

HA! Great question.

It is not the disabilty as much as the hypocrisy. First of all, although FDR was disabled he was not collecting a disability check. Disability insurance did not take affect until the mid 50's. Second, to what degree is he disabled. Is it 100% (not allowed to work at all) or is it a percentage which then allows him only to work a certain amount of time according to the disability. I imagine being the mayor of a city the size of ours requires that someone be in some kind of decent health. And lastly, Malick carried on about honest and transparency, etc? If he had been eleccted wouldn't he then become one of those double dippers that no one seems to be to fond of?

Posted on: 2014/2/6 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
Quote:

WhyMe wrote:
Quote:

Some would obtain the license, some wouldn't. Those that didn't pursued other type of work.

I don't even know if Malik qualifies as the latter - I don't know anything about him.

He is too disabled to get relicensed in his own field but is not too disabled to be mayor which is as just as physically active job.

HA! Great question.

Posted on: 2014/2/5 22:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
Quote:

WhyMe wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 2014/2/5 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I am not talking about people or salaries, I am talking about contracts you find in resolutions. They are packed with non-bidding items or contract renewals. Those items increase our tax dollars. Do yourself a favor and read the items in the resolutions since July 1, 2013. Everything is online.

Posted on: 2014/2/5 17:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/15 4:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Hmmm...and why not consider cuts to the police and fire? Because their unions with the teacher unions are immensely powerful. There are lots of ways to make delivery of fire and police services more efficient. The last mayor to try to bring efficiencies to police and fire was Schundler and he earned their everlasting enmity.

You don't cut the salaries of municipal workers because they typically work for lower wages, in poor working conditions, and cutting salaries would leave them with very little reason to report to work at all. These are the people that keep our city running; do you really want to make their lives harder? The benefits these unions fight so hard to attain and keep are really the only reason most employees are still around.

Posted on: 2014/2/5 17:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/6 0:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I heard that some of the other type of work he pursued was SSD. Nice. He is too disabled to get relicensed in his own field but is not too disabled to be mayor which is as just as physically active job.

The guy is a joke who couldn't get any real support from his own community.

Posted on: 2014/2/5 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I said this before, the budget year starts January 1, 2014. The administration asked the city council for temporary appropriations twice, the first January 2nd and the second January 29th. Those total 35% of last year budget. This means the council has 65% left to do cuts. Fulop is at a higher rate than Healy at this time.

Posted on: 2014/2/5 15:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/23 12:49
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Fun fact: he claims to be a doctor but has never been licensed to practice medicine in the U.S.

I don't know the guy, and I'm defending him per se, but I have known quite a few people who were licensed, practicing doctors in their home countries. Of course, when they immigrated to the US - they could not practice here without obtaining a license to do so. Some would obtain the license, some wouldn't. Those that didn't pursued other type of work.

I grew up in an immigrant household, so I guess I'm defending the fact that when we met an immigrant doctor from our country, it was respectful to refer to that person as "doctor" among our community, whether or not the person practiced in the US. And no, if they didn't have a license to practice in the US, we didn't seek medical attention from them.

Posted on: 2014/2/5 15:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/8 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
I almost forgot about Abdul Malik. Thanks for the laugh - I could use it this morning.

Posted on: 2014/2/5 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/25 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ABDUL MALIK

FORMER MAYORAL CANDIDATE

JERSEY CITY

This clearly has nothing to do with sour grapes.

-VA2015

FORMER STUDENT COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVE CANDIDATE

JERSEY CITY

Posted on: 2014/2/5 0:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
The budget had already been largely spent when Fulop came in. There wasn't a whole lot you could do unless you wanted to furlough a sizable portion of the city workforce. I will judge Fulop and the council on the next budget.

Posted on: 2014/2/4 23:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Hmmm...and why not consider cuts to the police and fire? Because their unions with the teacher unions are immensely powerful. There are lots of ways to make delivery of fire and police services more efficient. The last mayor to try to bring efficiencies to police and fire was Schundler and he earned their everlasting enmity.

Posted on: 2014/2/4 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
I just don't understand why Fulop's first order of business was to give himself a raise given the city's budget problems.

Posted on: 2014/2/4 22:07
The All Knowing and All Powerful Joe Has Spoken!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
the FY 2014 budget will be this Mayor's first budget. Although local right-winger Fletch will disagree, the fact remains the only way they could have not lowered taxes was by reducing fire and/or police budgets for the remainder of 2013. No other cuts were viable at that point. Of course this does not play well for these failed candidates' plots, but it remains to be the only truth.

Abdul Malik is a complete and utter joke. I am friends with many in the local Paki community and I remember last year they would laugh whenever I asked about him. Fun fact: he claims to be a doctor but has never been licensed to practice medicine in the U.S.

Posted on: 2014/2/4 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
When the new numbers came out, the Healy administration and prior council refused to introduce a new budget, thereby leaving it as the first order of business for the new council to adopt.

Posted on: 2014/2/4 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop's first budget increased taxes

Wasn't it the Healy administration that increased taxes with their final budget prior to Fulop taking office?

Posted on: 2014/2/4 21:29

Fulop fooled city voters
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Letters to the Editor/The Jersey Journal

Steven Fulop came on the political stage with intentions to change the current political system, to introduce accountability and transparency in the system and to stop the influence of big players in the pay to play game. Councilman Fulop used to make too much noise, screaming on behalf of citizens and opposing every effort or plan by the Healy administration.

During the election campaign, candidate Fulop presented himself as symbol of change and the end of the status quo.

Since Fulop took office as a mayor, he has been doing everything he used to scream and shout against. Fulop's first budget increased taxes, while appointing his cronies to high positions with lucrative salaries and awarding contracts to his donors and their affiliates. Candidate Fulop promised to abolish autonomous agencies like Parking Authority but first Mayor Fulop awards a contract to one of his donor law firms to study the matter, costing the city thousands of dollars.

Mayor Fulop is doing everything to increase his influence on the school board.

Fulop hasn't proven himself as a competent and effective administrator but is focused on moving to higher office. Did the voters of Jersey City vote for a reformer or a hypocrite? Mayor Fulop has shown his real face in less than a year and I am sure that the majority of voters will be saying to themselves "we are cheated and deceived again in the name of change."

I think we, the voters, are responsible for this mess. Unless voters decide not to support those who spend millions of dollars on campaigns, making false claims and promises, we will continue to be deceived by these politicians. Think about this and exercise your right of vote carefully.

ABDUL MALIK

FORMER MAYORAL CANDIDATE

JERSEY CITY

Posted on: 2014/2/4 21:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact