Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: New Marriott coming to JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
It's a 10 minute walk to the PATH station or a 1 minute ride on the light-rail. You people don't really think that visitors to LSP or the Science Center are going to use this? Maybe if their car breaks down. That location is all about proximity to NYC transportation at a cheaper Hotel rate.

Agreed

Posted on: 2014/1/29 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
It's a 10 minute walk to the PATH station or a 1 minute ride on the light-rail. You people don't really think that visitors to LSP or the Science Center are going to use this? Maybe if their car breaks down. That location is all about proximity to NYC transportation at a cheaper Hotel rate.

Posted on: 2014/1/29 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
glad that it is located on marin.. i was gonna say that it would be a hike to lsp/science center for out-of-towners. marin is a longish walk

Posted on: 2014/1/29 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/30 14:17
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

HCResident wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Interesting, I live behind LSP & Tidewater Basin area and always thought it was going to be a Tramz Hotel or is that dtjc? Oh well, glad its getting started.

Tramz is the company that owns the brick and mortar (meaning the actual property). It is not a hotel brand.

Most hotels, across the board, are not operated by the brand name on it. The people who own the properties sign managment deals with the chains because it is the respective brands that draw in the customers.

Most people don't want to stay at a hotel they've never heard of. But say a Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott or other brands, that's makes it familiar and more attractive.

I guess my years in the hotel industry are actually paying off...lol

Thanks! That solves that mystery. I just read in the Journal that its now located on Marin Blvd and not near Liberty Science Center, so not sure about the location.

It will be on Marin Blvd south of the 18 Park building that's current under construction. That is, it will be the second building south of the Marin Blvd HBLR station.

Posted on: 2014/1/29 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HCResident wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Interesting, I live behind LSP & Tidewater Basin area and always thought it was going to be a Tramz Hotel or is that dtjc? Oh well, glad its getting started.

Tramz is the company that owns the brick and mortar (meaning the actual property). It is not a hotel brand.

Most hotels, across the board, are not operated by the brand name on it. The people who own the properties sign managment deals with the chains because it is the respective brands that draw in the customers.

Most people don't want to stay at a hotel they've never heard of. But say a Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott or other brands, that's makes it familiar and more attractive.

Thanks! That solves that mystery. I just read in the Journal that its now located on Marin Blvd and not near Liberty Science Center, so not sure about the location.

Posted on: 2014/1/29 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/28 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/28 13:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/12 21:59
From Harsuimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Is this the spot on Marin Blvd, just south of where 18 Park is? It was initially going to be a Hilton, right?

The actual developer has not changed (Tramz). It just seems like they've signed a management deal with Marriott instead of Hilton.

Posted on: 2014/1/28 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Is this the spot on Marin Blvd, just south of where 18 Park is? It was initially going to be a Hilton, right?

Posted on: 2014/1/28 3:51

New Marriott coming to JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
By Joshua Burd
January 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM

A new 276-room Marriott hotel is coming to Jersey City, bringing more than 900 construction jobs and more than 150 permanent jobs to the state's second-largest city.

Construction on the project, announced Monday by city officials, will begin in the fourth quarter of this year and will be located in the Liberty North Harbor Redevelopment Area, near Liberty State Park and the Liberty Science Center. The 16-story, full-service hotel will operate under the flagship Marriott Hotels brand and is expected to be similar to the Marriott Marquis in Times Square.

SLHN, an affiliate of Tramz Hotels, is developing the building under a franchise agreement with Marriott International Inc., Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop said in a news release........

http://www.njbiz.com/article/20140127 ... inging-150-permanent-jobs

Posted on: 2014/1/28 3:16

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017