Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City awarded 100G grant for pet healthcare from PetSmart
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCYC wrote:
This is the organization that does the actual spaying/neutering in partnership with PetSmart: http://www.neighborhoodcats.org. I had requested that they come to JSQ a few months ago and they picked up 10 cats in one evening. Contact Susan and let her know the specifics of where the cats hang out in your 'hood. And if you're happy with their program be sure to send her feedback so that they will continue to get funding from PetSmart.

Susan@neighborhoodcats.org.

Thanks! I been leaving boxes with blankets out so that they can keep warm during the evening. I will give her a shout out.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 22:24

Re: Jersey City awarded 100G grant for pet healthcare from PetSmart
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/20 14:49
Group:
Registered Users
This is the organization that does the actual spaying/neutering in partnership with PetSmart: http://www.neighborhoodcats.org. I had requested that they come to JSQ a few months ago and they picked up 10 cats in one evening. Contact Susan and let her know the specifics of where the cats hang out in your 'hood. And if you're happy with their program be sure to send her feedback so that they will continue to get funding from PetSmart.

Susan@neighborhoodcats.org.

Posted on: 2014/1/27 22:17

Jersey City awarded 100G grant for pet healthcare from PetSmart
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Steven Rodas/The Jersey Journal

The Department of Health and Human Services has received a $100,000 grant from PetSmart Charities in order to provide better health care for dogs and cats in Jersey City.

"The cost of pet care is the reason most often cited for people giving up their pets, and cost is also the major reason why more people do not spay or neuter their pets," said Mayor Steven M. Fulop.

The grant will cover the area from Hudson-Bergen Light Rail tracks to Fulton Street, between Kennedy Boulevard and Garfield Avenue, a press release said. This area was chosen due to the large number of stray dogs and cats picked up in 2013.

Jersey City continues to seek grant funding for programs such as this to improve the health of the pet population, Fulop said.

This is great news for my area, there are at least 7 feral cats near the Richard street rail. It keeps the mice away but these cats need attending to

Posted on: 2014/1/27 22:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017