Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 ... 41 »

Re: Chris Christie 'Suspiciously Connected' To Revenge Traffic Jam
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Er, the Justice Department is having an investigation into the Obama Administration's IRSgate. What does that have to do with anyone's else's lawsuit?

Huh?

Posted on: 2014/1/9 23:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
At this point, I would have more respect for Christie if he fessed up and admitted that he told Kelly to send that email (which is what really happened).

If what he said today was true (and it isn't), then he is completely out of the loop and has a staff made up largely of total jerks and morons.

So if you feel that way, how do you feel about Obama and Obamacare, and Mrs. Clinton and Benghazi?

You already applaud Obama for the IRS targeting (and yes, look somewhere else than Rachel Maddow for facts about who was targeted, whose apps were delayed the longest, the percentages of applications investigated/approved depending on whether they were pro or anti Obama) so certainly, if there was a shred of evidence that Christie was involved-you already approve his targeting enemies?

But the fact remains-the Ft Lee mayor wasn't asked for an endorsement, why punish him from Christie's point of view? His staff screwed up. So did the State Department.

In 2016 conegate will be a memory, and Benghazi won't be. The families of the dead and wounded under Mrs. Clinton's watch won't let it. A traffic jam? Meh.

I don't know what Obamacare has to do with anything, but I am a proponent of single-payer healthcare. Thanks for asking. I've already answered regarding Clinton and Benghazi. Again, not relevant to this matter, but thanks for asking.

My info on "IRS Gate" does not come from Rachel Maddow, but from actual IRS documents. I do not watch her show or MSNBC. Maybe on occasion.

Yes, I approve of the way the IRS handled applications for tax-exempt status. It was wise and reasonable.

No, I do not approve of the way Christie abused NJ citizens and used them as pawns to fight back against a diss from the mayor of Ft. Lee.

The situations are not at all comparable to a rational person.

Don't worry about Hillary Clinton using the life-threatening situations caused by Christie against him. She won't need to. She'll be running against a different Republican. Probably a Republican who used Christie's life-endangering antics against him in the primaries.

Did you miss the APOLOGY that the IRS gave to the special scrutiny given conservative groups? Jay Carney and the White House APOLOGIZED. Rinse, lather, repeat. They admitted malfeasance, and (today) said they'd have investigations on it. (Edited to say today they appointed someone to oversee it). So Obama's administration is guilty of using the IRS for political gain, the question is how far up it goes. So if the buck stops with Christie, it stops with Obama, of course-even if it's overzealous staff at work. Did Obama know about the IRS, like Christie didn't know about conegate?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/po ... ps-2012-election/2149939/

This was proven a non-story. We'll see if Christie has such luck.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08 ... atic-acorn_n_3785717.html

You're calling a White House apology a non-story, especially given that TODAY Obama's Justice Department named a partisan political donor and supporter to lead the investigation? How is it a non story? Did you not see the headlines TODAY? If it's a non-story, why the investigation by the Justice Department?????

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/f ... tments-irs-investigation/

Because the weirdo right-wingers are suing because they have to beat that horse till it's good and dead. Did you see the organization leading the charge? ACLJ? From their webpage. Right-wing Christian nut-jobs.

The American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) and its globally affiliated organizations are committed to ensuring the ongoing viability of freedom and liberty in the United States and around the world.

By focusing on U.S. constitutional law, European Union law and human rights law, the ACLJ and its affiliated organizations are dedicated to the concept that freedom and liberty are universal, God-given and inalienable rights that must be protected.

The ACLJ and its worldwide affiliates engage in litigation, provide legal services, render advice to individuals and governmental agencies, as well as counsel clients on global freedom and liberty issues. They also support training law students from around the world in order to protect religious liberty and safeguard human rights and dignity.

As a non-profit organization, the ACLJ does not charge for its services and is dependent upon God and the resources He provides through the time, talent, and gifts of people who share our concerns and desire to protect our religious and constitutional freedoms.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
At this point, I would have more respect for Christie if he fessed up and admitted that he told Kelly to send that email (which is what really happened).

If what he said today was true (and it isn't), then he is completely out of the loop and has a staff made up largely of total jerks and morons.

So if you feel that way, how do you feel about Obama and Obamacare, and Mrs. Clinton and Benghazi?

You already applaud Obama for the IRS targeting (and yes, look somewhere else than Rachel Maddow for facts about who was targeted, whose apps were delayed the longest, the percentages of applications investigated/approved depending on whether they were pro or anti Obama) so certainly, if there was a shred of evidence that Christie was involved-you already approve his targeting enemies?

But the fact remains-the Ft Lee mayor wasn't asked for an endorsement, why punish him from Christie's point of view? His staff screwed up. So did the State Department.

In 2016 conegate will be a memory, and Benghazi won't be. The families of the dead and wounded under Mrs. Clinton's watch won't let it. A traffic jam? Meh.

I don't know what Obamacare has to do with anything, but I am a proponent of single-payer healthcare. Thanks for asking. I've already answered regarding Clinton and Benghazi. Again, not relevant to this matter, but thanks for asking.

My info on "IRS Gate" does not come from Rachel Maddow, but from actual IRS documents. I do not watch her show or MSNBC. Maybe on occasion.

Yes, I approve of the way the IRS handled applications for tax-exempt status. It was wise and reasonable.

No, I do not approve of the way Christie abused NJ citizens and used them as pawns to fight back against a diss from the mayor of Ft. Lee.

Don't worry about Hillary Clinton using the life-threatening situations caused by Christie against him. She won't need to. She'll be running against a different Republican. Probably a Republican who used Christie's life-endangering antics against him in the primaries.

Did you miss the APOLOGY that the IRS gave to the special scrutiny given conservative groups? Jay Carney and the White House APOLOGIZED. Rinse, lather, repeat. They admitted malfeasance, and (today) said they'd have investigations on it. (Edited to say today they appointed someone to oversee it). So Obama's administration is guilty of using the IRS for political gain, the question is how far up it goes. So if the buck stops with Christie, it stops with Obama, of course-even if it's overzealous staff at work. Did Obama know about the IRS, like Christie didn't know about conegate?

You're calling a White House apology a non-story, especially given that TODAY Obama's Justice Department named a partisan political donor and supporter to lead the investigation? How is it a non story? Did you not see the headlines TODAY? If it's a non-story, why the investigation by the Justice Department?????

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/f ... tments-irs-investigation/

Posted on: 2014/1/9 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/9 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/9 22:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/3 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
and now let's re-evaluate that Hudson River Tunnel.

And Schundler's $400 million clerical error. Seems like the guy's only capable of hiring idiots. Of course that says nothing about him.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:

That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Posted on: 2014/1/9 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/1/9 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sh ... ance-and-rhetorical-flubs

Quote:
Republicans and pundits may have been impressed by the way in which the governor spoke and showed contrition, but the substance of what he said did little to downplay the significance of the scandal.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
People keep mentioning Benghazi. It's already been proven that the attack was spontaneous and then co-opted by local warlords. Kind of like looting a store. Stevens didn't want a massive security detail. He was well liked by Libyans and had just helped them win their liberation. He knew things weren't great there but no one knew of any specific threats. The anti-Islamic film sparked the outrage and warlords co-opted the outrage to make a political statement. Only thing I disagree with is that Obama has allowed the prime suspect to remain free. In any case, this Christie thing will probably blow over by next year. He just better hope he kept a reasonable distance from the actual machinations. Kind of like what Healy did in the pay for play scandal. No doubt Christie knew something but for his sake he better hope that only his subordinates take the fall.

Nonsense, unless you're drinking Kool Aid through a straw made from the page of a discredited NY Times article. And the article has been discredited by Democrats as well, it's a bi-partisan rejection of the Hilary puff piece.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/new-yor ... -benghazi/article/2541379

That article supports everything I said. A disorganized attack/looting fueled by an anti-Islamic film. More organized warlords then joined the attack. They had just finished fighting the Libyan military so were they experienced, organized and well-armed? DUH! The only link to Al Qaeda was ONE phone call to a person who knew nothing of the attack and was surprised it had happened. I guess Repubs just lump any brown skinned people together as being Al Qaeda? In any case, if I throw a smoke bomb into the PATH train then that could be construed as "Terrorist". Beating the Benghazi drum ain't gonna work.

You don't believe Diane Feinstein and all the other Democrats calling it a terror attack? Oopsie.

You can call it a Martian attack for all I care. Four people died so as Hillary said "What difference does it make?"

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
People keep mentioning Benghazi. It's already been proven that the attack was spontaneous and then co-opted by local warlords. Kind of like looting a store. Stevens didn't want a massive security detail. He was well liked by Libyans and had just helped them win their liberation. He knew things weren't great there but no one knew of any specific threats. The anti-Islamic film sparked the outrage and warlords co-opted the outrage to make a political statement. Only thing I disagree with is that Obama has allowed the prime suspect to remain free. In any case, this Christie thing will probably blow over by next year. He just better hope he kept a reasonable distance from the actual machinations. Kind of like what Healy did in the pay for play scandal. No doubt Christie knew something but for his sake he better hope that only his subordinates take the fall.

Nonsense, unless you're drinking Kool Aid through a straw made from the page of a discredited NY Times article. And the article has been discredited by Democrats as well, it's a bi-partisan rejection of the Hilary puff piece.

That article supports everything I said. A disorganized attack/looting fueled by an anti-Islamic film. More organized warlords then joined the attack. They had just finished fighting the Libyan military so were they experienced, organized and well-armed? DUH! The only link to Al Qaeda was ONE phone call to a person who knew nothing of the attack and was surprised it had happened. I guess Repubs just lump any brown skinned people together as being Al Qaeda? In any case, if I throw a smoke bomb into the PATH train then that could be construed as "Terrorist". Beating the Benghazi drum ain't gonna work.

You don't believe Diane Feinstein and all the other Democrats calling it a terror attack? Oopsie.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Another tweet which I thought funny:

Could we trust #Christie with the nuclear launch codes???????? #bridgegate #UniteBlue? Good question. NO!

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Mark Kleinman: "Christie gave (judging from the transcript) a great performance. But it just won?t wash. He has known for a month that the Executive Director of the Port Authority didn?t believe the ?traffic study? story and considered the lane closure outrageous and probably criminal, and that Baroni, Christie?s $291,00o-a-year patronage appointee at the Port Authority, responded by saying ?There can be no public discourse?: i.e., ?We need to cover this up.? So Christie?s pretense that he only learned about the falsity of that fairytale this week is laughable."

http://www.samefacts.com/2014/01/corr ... on/christies-tangled-web/

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

How media covered Christie. This is the biggest news today.

http://observer.com/2014/01/chris-christie-coverage/

You do know the Observer is owned by the Kushner family, whose head served jail time for illegal campaign contributions to Democrats, right? And have strong McGreevey ties? You don't think they'd love to support Fulop by doing this-nah.

teehee

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
A tweet that made me chuckle:

Christie: "I'm not a bully. If you don't believe me, I'll kick your ass!"

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

How media covered Christie. This is the biggest news today.

http://observer.com/2014/01/chris-christie-coverage/

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Benghazi!!!!!

Quote:

Monroe wrote:But the fact remains-the Ft Lee mayor wasn't asked for an endorsement, why punish him from Christie's point of view? His staff screwed up. So did the State Department.

Not necessarily a fact. Christ Christie never asked. That doesn't mean someone on his staff didn't or that someone on his staff didn't call up and ask, "Who do you plan on supporting." It's called nuance.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:In 2016 conegate will be a memory, and Benghazi won't be. The families of the dead and wounded under Mrs. Clinton's watch won't let it. A traffic jam? Meh.

Benghazi!!!!!!!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2014/1/9 21:04
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:

Posted on: 2014/1/9 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://new-possibilities.blogspot.com ... ggest-loser.html?spref=tw

Some blogger's opinion of Christie, which I tend to agree.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/1/9 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/ ... t-come-here-to-apologize/

One of rare occasions that there seems to be no factual error in Fox News reporting

Posted on: 2014/1/9 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Holy sh*t Chester, you truly have lost touch with reality.

This is the very definition of irony.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 20:40
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:

Coming from someone who does not think Christie ordered "BridgeGate" this is funny, but please elaborate.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Pebble has his/her dunce cap on again.

He/she wants me to prove that the fix is in (right, a Democrat and Obama financial contributor and supporter being put in charge of the IRS investigation), talk about a fox being put in charge of the hen house,

You made the claim. The burden of proof is on you to back it up.
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
and then he/she says

the Kelly woman already has a job. Did I miss that somewhere? Care to offer up anything to support that??

I didn't say she had a job. I projected an opinion. I could be wrong. I could be right. I think she'll land on her feet and get a nice sweet gig. Baroni seems to be doing fine.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Baroni and Wildstein forced to resign is the same as being fired, like Martin Bashir and Baldwin 'resigning'.

And Stepien was given the heave ho, did you miss that?

What does Martin Bashir and Alec Baldwin have to do with this?

Where does it say anywhere that Baroni and Wildstein were forced to resign? Based on the emails, Wildstein resigned on his own.

Baroni left months ago but there is no mention of him being forced out.

Stepian was told to not apply for a job. Hardly a "heave ho".

You have as much evidence that these people were "forced to resign" as others have that Christie ordered the Bridge closings.

Posted on: 2014/1/9 20:38
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2014/1/9 20:35

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 ... 41 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017