Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: De Blasio’s Daughter Reveals Substance Abuse
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/27 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i guess it toook courage for ms deb to admit her shortcomings and hopefuully she will find a solution to these issues...but honestly, do i really care? not my business since she probablyy will have no impact on her father's decisions

Most of the stories I've read suggest that the press had gotten wind of her struggle with depression and substance abuse and was about to go public with it, so this was a move by DiBlasio to get ahead of the news cycle so he could own the spin.

And it looks like DiBlasio is going to jettison Spitzer's new girlfriend.

Posted on: 2013/12/27 12:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i guess it toook courage for ms deb to admit her shortcomings and hopefuully she will find a solution to these issues...but honestly, do i really care? not my business since she probablyy will have no impact on her father's decisions

Posted on: 2013/12/27 12:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
I gotta say this post essentially hits it spot on and should be the end of discussion. On all points.

De Blasio will give us all plenty of fodder in the coming yeas. No need to focus on crap like this.

Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Not a DeBlasio or Spitzer fan, but these are non-issues totally irrelevant to DeB's performance of mayor, which will probably suck anyway

And only the most annoying, puritanical gnat would argue that a separated person should not be free to do whatever. Even if he's a practitioner of freaky-deakiness.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
Sarah Palin is not smart. She is stupid. A true idiot. I won't even waste my time debating this fact. She may or may not have been a good governor. I don't know and I don't care. But I do know that is is a lot easier to govern a state which sits on lucrative oil fields and receives a hell of a lot more from the federal coffers than it pays in. There's some messiness in her past as a politician, but that is probably true of every politician.

There were a lot of vile things said and suggested about her family, especially regarding her son, Trig. But a lot of commentary was accurately pointing out how hypocritical she was regarding abstinence, birth control, etc.

The liberal media does not have a monopoly on yellow journalism. There are plenty of liberal AND right-wing media outlets (or do Fox, the NY Post, Rush Limbaugh, the Wall Street Journal, Glenn Beck, the National Review, and the rest not exist?). They both throw a lot of irrelevant crap around regarding public figures they don't side with. It just makes for a giant partisan pissing contest which distracts from real issues.

Fail. It's never ok to go after someone's kids, and intellectually dishonest to feel it's ok because you don't agree with someone's politics.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Sarah Palin is not smart. She is stupid. A true idiot. I won't even waste my time debating this fact. She may or may not have been a good governor. I don't know and I don't care. But I do know that is is a lot easier to govern a state which sits on lucrative oil fields and receives a hell of a lot more from the federal coffers than it pays in. There's some messiness in her past as a politician, but that is probably true of every politician.

There were a lot of vile things said and suggested about her family, especially regarding her son, Trig. But a lot of commentary was accurately pointing out how hypocritical she was regarding abstinence, birth control, etc.

The liberal media does not have a monopoly on yellow journalism. There are plenty of liberal AND right-wing media outlets (or do Fox, the NY Post, Rush Limbaugh, the Wall Street Journal, Glenn Beck, the National Review, and the rest not exist?). They both throw a lot of irrelevant crap around regarding public figures they don't side with. It just makes for a giant partisan pissing contest which distracts from real issues.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 18:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/25 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JoeGee wrote:
Sarah Palin's biggest problem is that she just is not that smart. Her biggest accomplishment to date was totally derailing the "straight talk express"

See the below link:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin/a/palin-top-10.htm

Smart enough to become the Governor and do what most say was a great job doing it.

But my comment was in response to the post about how the press can go after those not born with silver spoons, and Palin fits that-and her daughter was savaged by the liberal elite media, I haven't seen that happen to Bill's daughter yet.

Bill's daughter was born with a silver spoon.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 18:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JoeGee wrote:
Sarah Palin's biggest problem is that she just is not that smart. Her biggest accomplishment to date was totally derailing the "straight talk express"

See the below link:

Smart enough to become the Governor and do what most say was a great job doing it.

But my comment was in response to the post about how the press can go after those not born with silver spoons, and Palin fits that-and her daughter was savaged by the liberal elite media, I haven't seen that happen to Bill's daughter yet.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 17:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/11 21:52
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JoeGee wrote:
Ever notice how political elects that are not born with silver spoons in their mouth are always bashed for life issues instead of their political view points?

This is exactly how Obama was chosen instead of Hilary. I wouldn't mind whether Bill was a cocksuckee as long as he got his job done.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 17:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

See the below link:

Posted on: 2013/12/26 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JoeGee wrote:
Ever notice how political elects that are not born with silver spoons in their mouth are always bashed for life issues instead of their political view points?

It's worse when you're a Republican and a woman, see Sarah Palin.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 17:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/26 17:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/11 13:34
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
I really couldn't care less about what his children are up to. A young woman abusing drugs and drink? I'd say that sound about normal these days, in my experience.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Not a DeBlasio or Spitzer fan, but these are non-issues totally irrelevant to DeB's performance of mayor, which will probably suck anyway

And only the most annoying, puritanical gnat would argue that a separated person should not be free to do whatever. Even if he's a practitioner of freaky-deakiness.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Added to the news is his press woman shacking up with still married Eliot Spitzer, the optics aren't good as he gets set to move into Gracie Mansion.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 16:50

De Blasio’s Daughter Reveals Substance Abuse
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/11 21:52
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/25/nyr ... s-to-substance-abuse.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/25/nyr ... ?comments#permid=10808429

John Burke
New York

NYT Pick

DeBlasio cynically used his children as campaign props to get elected, creating a happy picture -- in 30-second TV spots -- of a well-adjusted family. (For those who say, all politicians use their families, quick, how many children does Andrew Cuomo have?) Now, in order to get out in front of this story, as they say in the PR business, no doubt because some journalist was tracking it down, he deploys his daughter in a preemptive media strike -- in a professionally produced video infomercial, no less. And puts it out on Christmas eve, the better to limit its exposure in news coverage, while having the video with its editorially unfiltered "confession" available to go viral through social media, garnering Big Bill sympathy instead of new or added scrutiny.

It would be hard to find an example of a major political figure more cynically -- or skillfully -- using his own children. Sarah Palin, perhaps, who sought to turn potential criticism of her as a parent to advantage with all sorts of psychobabble hooey that was, in fact, embraced by her most devoted fans. I expect something similar to happen here, with DeBlasio supporters fawning over the whole family as "brave" and "strong" in the face of adversity.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 16:21

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017