Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: State report shows less violence, more bullying in Jersey City schools
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City schools’ anti-bullying report shows it’s not just students who fell behind in pandemic

More than 60% of Jersey City public schools were less prepared to handle bullying situations in the 2020-21 school year than the previous year, according to a report of self-assessments by each facility.

Administrators at each school answered a series of questions about efforts in addressing harassment, intimidation and bullying (HIB) for the 2020-2021 school year and 25 of the 40 scored lower than in 2019-20. The reports will now be submitted to the state Department of Education. Eight schools registered the same score each year, while only seven of the 40 said they improved.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2022/02/jers ... l-behind-in-pandemic.html

Posted on: 2022/2/1 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
The report also shows that Hoboken schools were over twice as violent as JC schools in terms of number of incidents/student. Anyone buy that?

I do, Jersey City is mostly hype. The same as Brooklyn where I grew up, it was always considered a bad ass place. Places like Bed-stuy and Williamsburg was always considered dangerous places back in the 80's and 90's the baddest places on earth LOL.

I lived in BK most of my life and IMO it was never as bad as the media made it. I think this is also the case for JC when I first visited a friend in GV before buying here I was so afraid of getting my throat cut, but instead I was greeted by warm folks who are kind and considerate.

That is is what made me buy here. I think the Jersey Journal and other papers make JC into this crime ridden hell hole and if you should visit you will be most likely robbed, raped, or murdered. Here is a list of the most violent schools in NJ and JC is not on the list but Hoboken is.

http://www.nj.com/education/2013/12/5 ... lent_new_jersey_scho.html

Posted on: 2013/12/7 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Probably the reports of bullying are re-catagorized acts of violence, which in essence describes bullying... there are probably all sorts of state/federal grants targeted at bullying programs.

Quote:

harry526 wrote:
This report is a joke. Incidents are purposely swept under the rug by school administrators to avoid being labeled a violent school. This of course results in more incidents as students figure out there are no consequences for their actions, which in turn further disrupts the learning process. Teachers are held accountable for student test score data in high stakes, high security texting, while administrators scrub clean school violence data to keep themselves protected from being labeled ineffective.

Posted on: 2013/12/7 14:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/18 20:34
Group:
Registered Users
This report is a joke. Incidents are purposely swept under the rug by school administrators to avoid being labeled a violent school. This of course results in more incidents as students figure out there are no consequences for their actions, which in turn further disrupts the learning process. Teachers are held accountable for student test score data in high stakes, high security texting, while administrators scrub clean school violence data to keep themselves protected from being labeled ineffective.

Posted on: 2013/12/7 12:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
The report also shows that Hoboken schools were over twice as violent as JC schools in terms of number of incidents/student. Anyone buy that?

Posted on: 2013/12/6 23:01

State report shows less violence, more bullying in Jersey City schools
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Less violence, bullying on the rise in Jersey City schools

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

Incidents of reported violence, vandalism and drug use in Jersey City?s public schools are down almost 30 percent from last year, their lowest level in six years, according to a new state report.

Bullying, though, is on the rise, with 92 incidents last year, up from 86 the year before and 82 in 2010-11.

The figures come from a report districts are required to send to the state annually. It tracks reported incidents of violence, vandalism, weapons use, substance abuse and bullying.

READ MORE

Posted on: 2013/12/6 18:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017