Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32) 33 34 35 ... 60 »

Re: PATH (pathetic attempt at transporting humans)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
So scary.... it's good they have the pictures so we can be careful of these hooligans.

Quote:

Annod wrote:
Man assaulted at West Village PATH station
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?sec ... local/new_york&id=9354108

Man Attacked in Christopher Street PATH Station: Police
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ ... -Turnstile-235080531.html

Port Authority Police Hunt Suspects In Christopher Street PATH Station Assault
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/12/0 ... eet-path-station-assault/

Posted on: 2013/12/9 21:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/29 19:11
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Service is dismal

Posted on: 2013/12/9 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Man assaulted at West Village PATH station
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?sec ... local/new_york&id=9354108

Man Attacked in Christopher Street PATH Station: Police
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ ... -Turnstile-235080531.html

Port Authority Police Hunt Suspects In Christopher Street PATH Station Assault
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/12/0 ... eet-path-station-assault/

Posted on: 2013/12/9 18:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Some of you should direct your suggestions/rants to the PATH Executive Director:

Executive Director - Patrick J. Foye
(212) 435-7271

http://a856-gbol.nyc.gov/gbolwebsite/336.html

Might make you feel better.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 22:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
I take the rush hour trains every day and it's rate (maybe once a month) when I can't get on the train and have to wait for the next one.

So on a monthly basis, you find the cars are packed to the point where you can't board the train and have to wait? Not sure I find that to be an acceptable level

Once a month or every other month where you have to wait an extra 5 minutes is unacceptable? I guess for you.. not too big of a deal for me.

In my experience, this happens more than once a month, and the wait between trains is more than 5 minutes. The PATH schedules often bear no resemblance to reality (albeit more often on weekends).

But what irritates me more is when the PATH just stops between stations during rush hour, waiting for another train to go by. I thought the whole point of a train being on tracks
was to avoid the problems of gridlock associated with traffic on streets. Perhaps I'm just too idealistic.

But hey...unacceptable as it all may be, all the complaints in the world won't change anything anyway.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 22:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
I take the rush hour trains every day and it's rate (maybe once a month) when I can't get on the train and have to wait for the next one.

So on a monthly basis, you find the cars are packed to the point where you can't board the train and have to wait? Not sure I find that to be an acceptable level

Once a month or every other month where you have to wait an extra 5 minutes is unacceptable? I guess for you.. not too big of a deal for me.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Some people just want to pretend that the trains are fine. They are obviously sleepwalking through life.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Also, could people PLEASE STOP BRINGING coffee (and, food) into the trains!? Why is it that some yuppies think it is wrong for people to eat in the PATH, but then feel perfectly fine bringing in their Starbucks and DD coffees into the train?? So often you find seats on which coffee has been spilled, or train cars soiled by spills that, invariably, get strewn by the jerking train motions. All it takes is one unexpected motion and your precious coffee can ruin someone else's morning (who wants to go to work dirtied by coffee? Or, worse, burned by it?)

I actually prefer the spilt coffee on the floor. After it dries, it's the only spot with adequate traction when the train slams to a screeching halt. However, i do find the smell of morning farts and Indian curry (or body odor, same difference) much more offensive. I guess I should just move to the suburbs...

Posted on: 2013/12/2 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Posted on: 2013/12/2 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Personally, I have resorted to changing my commuting times/routes to avoid the PATH debacle. I am lucky enough that my schedule allows for that so, when I do take the PATH, I take a later train (after 9:30) and in the evenings I ride back to HOB and from there a bike ride back to my place. If I was a Newport resident, or anywhere along the waterfront, I would definitely ride the HOB train and walk home (even during the Winter months!) as the HOB trains are mostly empty (always a seat available). The 33rd-JSQ situation is almost unbearable at times, and it is only a matter of time before some serious fights start breaking out. I have seen some tense exchanges already.

Also, could people PLEASE STOP BRINGING coffee (and, food) into the trains!? Why is it that some yuppies think it is wrong for people to eat in the PATH, but then feel perfectly fine bringing in their Starbucks and DD coffees into the train?? So often you find seats on which coffee has been spilled, or train cars soiled by spills that, invariably, get strewn by the jerking train motions. All it takes is one unexpected motion and your precious coffee can ruin someone else's morning (who wants to go to work dirtied by coffee? Or, worse, burned by it?)

Posted on: 2013/12/2 17:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

sp2xs wrote:
Have the rush hours between JSQ/33 always been this crowded? Have steps ever been taken to alleviate the cramped commute?

As someone who has been here 25 years I can tell you that the commute has gotten much worse. It was NEVER a "grab a seat and make yourself comfortable" scenario but you could actually get on a train. Now the trains are woefully overcrowded and often to capacity. The solution would be more trains but unfortunately the PATH system is not designed to handle increased trains. If the route were a circle it would be a piece of cake. Unfortunately every train that goes in must be turned around and come out on a single track. The only measures that might help a tiny bit would be to lengthen trains and station platforms. Unfortunately that will cost billions and take years to achieve. Meanwhile developers are packing more and more residents into high-rises. In some people's feeble minds, because we are a "city", we should just grow unchecked until living becomes intolerable, commuting is impossible and poop geysers explode from the streets. I assume that many of these same folks work either in property development or in real estate.

You can't get on the train? Stop with the dramatics. I take the rush hour trains every day and it's rate (maybe once a month) when I can't get on the train and have to wait for the next one.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Quote:

sp2xs wrote:
Have the rush hours between JSQ/33 always been this crowded? Have steps ever been taken to alleviate the cramped commute?

Today was not a normal day. At about 9:30 there was a medical emergency on a 33rd street train just after it left Grove Street. Only WTC trains were then sent through. I gave up after 20+ minutes of waiting, got a coffee, came down 30 minutes later and there were still crowds.

Tomorrow will be better.

And around 7:30 am this morning, due to police activity, the JSQ-33rd and HOB-33rd line were operating on 30 minutes delays. I jumped on the WTC line instead. It wasn't overly crowded.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/11 13:34
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sp2xs wrote:

Today was not a normal day. At about 9:30 there was a medical emergency on a 33rd street train just after it left Grove Street. Only WTC trains were then sent through. I gave up after 20+ minutes of waiting, got a coffee, came down 30 minutes later and there were still crowds.

Tomorrow will be better.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

sp2xs wrote:

As someone who has been here 25 years I can tell you that the commute has gotten much worse. It was NEVER a "grab a seat and make yourself comfortable" scenario but you could actually get on a train. Now the trains are woefully overcrowded and often to capacity. The solution would be more trains but unfortunately the PATH system is not designed to handle increased trains. If the route were a circle it would be a piece of cake. Unfortunately every train that goes in must be turned around and come out on a single track. The only measures that might help a tiny bit would be to lengthen trains and station platforms. Unfortunately that will cost billions and take years to achieve. Meanwhile developers are packing more and more residents into high-rises. In some people's feeble minds, because we are a "city", we should just grow unchecked until living becomes intolerable, commuting is impossible and poop geysers explode from the streets. I assume that many of these same folks work either in property development or in real estate.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I believe the ridiculously low level of service coupled with increased fares is a line item on the lawsuit that Fulop is spearheading.

If you think about it, it's ridiculous that the Path is now the same price as the MTA but with much less frequent service, and the system is a mere fraction of the size of the MTA.

The Port Authority should be forced to get out of the public transportation business.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 16:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Yup, back to business as usual this weekend - trains every 35 minutes on 33rd-JSQ, ridiculously crammed at 7 pm on a Sunday. Can anyone else hear the Port Authority leadership team chortling at the poor suckers who ride their trains?

Posted on: 2013/12/2 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sp2xs wrote:

Yes and No.
Welcome to DT.

Posted on: 2013/12/2 15:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/16 17:45
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/12/2 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

maybeMoving wrote:
Saturday night I took the PATH home from 9th St around 1:45 AM. The trains were running every 10 minutes. I was absolutely shocked! Is this some sort of new schedule or was this just due to the construction that closed down the WTC line all weekend?

I can't imagine that the Port Authority would enact a change that actually benefits their passengers. Something like that would go against all of their operating tenets. So is this just a fluke and we'll be back to the normal packed trains once WTC is open on weekends again?

I know it's been AMAZING! So sad to see this disappear after this weekend. :(

Posted on: 2013/11/25 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/24 20:34
Group:
Registered Users
Saturday night I took the PATH home from 9th St around 1:45 AM. The trains were running every 10 minutes. I was absolutely shocked! Is this some sort of new schedule or was this just due to the construction that closed down the WTC line all weekend?

I can't imagine that the Port Authority would enact a change that actually benefits their passengers. Something like that would go against all of their operating tenets. So is this just a fluke and we'll be back to the normal packed trains once WTC is open on weekends again?

Posted on: 2013/11/25 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:

Just write up whatever questions/complaints you have for them on this thread here. I am going to present them with any feedback......and also let them know about this forum........so if they want they can come and see for themselves.

Have you had any meetings yet? Any news or updates?

Posted on: 2013/11/25 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Used PATH train Saturday to and from Christopher Street and it was frequent, not painfully slow as usual on the weekend (thanks to the WTC closures it actually was excellent service from JSQ to 33rd). It wasn't overcrowded. I wish it worked this well every weekend - even the stop in Hoboken wasn't painful because we weren't squished like sardines.

Posted on: 2013/11/10 12:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/18 3:56
Group:
Registered Users
Port Authority just announced there will be no service to WTC or Exchange Place for the next three weekends... more Sandy damage to fix.

Posted on: 2013/11/5 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Sunday, 11/3 from 1am - 3am (standard time), the Newport Station will be closed for a Police Training Exercise. PATH trains will not stop at Nwp during this time.

Posted on: 2013/11/1 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/28 15:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
How about informing riders what time the next train to each destination is expected, outside the turnstiles. Even better if they're at the entrance of the station..

+1. Or better yet, make a digital sign listing the next *several* trains and their expected departure time. Like the NJ Transit station at Penn.

Posted on: 2013/10/25 2:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/4 2:19
Group:
Registered Users
Out of curiosity, what would everyone do if the industrious PATH personnel were to one day emulate the BART system-wide strike that was just recently resolved in San Fran? Oh, wait... This scenario already played out last year during Sandy. My bad.

Posted on: 2013/10/25 0:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/4 12:11
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
They actually already have this sign at the WTC, though I don't recall seeing them having used it since the storm. Also, with all the construction on the mezzanine level, it isn't in a very visually advantageous location.

Quote:

heights wrote:
I would like a way to see when the next weekday train is leaving out of the WTC station. Especially if you have to go to Exchange Place, either train will stop there whether it is going to Hoboken or Newark.

Posted on: 2013/10/24 15:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I would like a way to see when the next weekday train is leaving out of the WTC station. Especially if you have to go to Exchange Place, either train will stop there whether it is going to Hoboken or Newark.

Posted on: 2013/10/24 14:34
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:

Just write up whatever questions/complaints you have for them on this thread here. I am going to present them with any feedback......and also let them know about this forum........so if they want they can come and see for themselves.

1. Coordinate late night trains to Hoboken with NJT busses leaving from Hoboken to the Heights, North Hoboken, etc.

2. Relax policy on bringing bikes on to rush hour trains, at least on the less crowded Hoboken to WTC line, to encourage bike commuting to/from lower Manhattan

3. Install train departure monitors OUTSIDE of paid zone/platforms, so if we just miss a train we can get a cup of coffee

Posted on: 2013/10/24 13:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:

I signed up for their Patron Advisory Committee(basically a way for commuters to get a better understanding of how the PA works). Tomorrow we have another session.

I would be happy to pass along any questions/complaints you guys have for them.

Asif, I am assuming you had the session today. Were you able to present any feedback? Was anything taken seriously?

Posted on: 2013/10/24 2:39

« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32) 33 34 35 ... 60 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017