Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Need feedback today PATH train

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/28 6:53
Group:
Registered Users
This wouldn't be a quick fix, nor would it be the cheapest option, but I do believe it would have big impact on minimizing congestion.*

Fix the Hoboken station!

Currently Hoboken is setup like a dead-end street which requires the conductors to park then walk to the other end of the train to drive out of the station. If the PA could build an exit that connects to the main track they would have the ability to provide the following:
-A train that goes directly from 33rd to WTC, stopping at HOB, Newport, and Exchange.
-The current train from JSQ to 33rd, on the weekends it could stop at Hoboken without the typical 5-10 minute delay
-The current NWK to WTC

This will ease the amount of people at Newport trying to cram on to an overcrowded JSQ to 33rd train because they will theoretically have two direct options to 33rd. I live near Grove and in the mornings I feel bad for all the Newport people who are left on the platform because they can't get on.

This will give people who live or work near Exchange direct access to midtown. This will increase property value, (but?) it will also attract even more businesses to the area.

This will allow weekend travel to be faster which will save the PA money.

This will also be costly since most, if not all of the construction will take place under water.

* = I might be talking out of my a&&...

Posted on: 2013/11/8 5:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 14:22
Group:
Registered Users
1. Have one of those electrical train schedule outside or front of station informing the user time: when the next train arrives, instead of actually going in to find out you have to wait 50 minutes for the next train, In that time i can walk to Newport or Exchange Place.

2. Wifi access in the stations.

3. direct trains instead of that stupid 1 stop to Hoboken. have three lines WTC:Nwk, JSQ:33rd, Hoboken:33rd.

Posted on: 2013/11/8 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nyrgravey9 wrote:
Oh, it sits there for significantly longer than 5 minutes. I've clocked it at 20 at the worst times.

Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
If the weekend train has to run through HOB fine, but does it really need to sit there for 5 minutes?

The conductor needs to walk from one end of the train to the other in Hoboken.

It's usually been 5 minutes for me, I must be lucky. I believe you that you've been there for 20, that sucks. But the point of post was to inform PremiumContent, that there is little that can be done about having the train sit in Hoboken (for at least) 5 minutes.

Posted on: 2013/11/8 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
It's a terminal.
Not just a through station.
The trains sit at JSQ, NWK, WTC and 33RD, too.

Posted on: 2013/11/7 23:01

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/17 20:47
From not downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Candice said it was someone from the PATH Advisory Committee asking for feedback...that does not mean it is management, and does not mean any of the suggestions will go anywhere.

I participated in the patron advisory committee a few years ago and basically they listen to your suggestions, tell you why something will not be possible or that they're working on it. They explain how some of their operations work, give you a tour of the Harrison maintenance facility and basically make you feel they are listening and want to make it better.
However, nothing seems to change really.

Still no cell service/wifi (this is up to other companies to provide - at the time of my service on the committee, they mentioned TMobile and I think Verizon being interested in providing those services in some stations), still no improved signage at problem stations, still overcrowding at certain times, still no updated signal system that I feel like has been taking a decade to install (yeah, I know it was affected by Sandy, still frustrating, though), still lax enforcement of rules etc. PATH management has heard all of the things mentioned here before.

I do recommend signing up for the committee, though. It's very interesting and you learn a lot, even if things still stay the same...

http://www.panynj.gov/path/patron.html

Posted on: 2013/11/7 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/15 23:01
Group:
Banned
Oh, it sits there for significantly longer than 5 minutes. I've clocked it at 20 at the worst times.

Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
If the weekend train has to run through HOB fine, but does it really need to sit there for 5 minutes?

Posted on: 2013/11/7 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:

Posted on: 2013/11/7 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/11/7 21:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/16 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
1. Direct JC to NYC service on Weekends
2. An elevator at Grove Street (wishful thinking)
3. Additional cars or rush hour trains

Posted on: 2013/11/7 17:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/10 15:48
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe I'm the only person, but I'd really like it if they had clearly posted signs or some way of knowing which tracks are going where at the Journal Square station. On 1 and 2 they've got signs, but 3 and 4 say nothing and yet I've been on either side of the tracks and gotten to both. It'd be nice to know ahead of time.

Posted on: 2013/11/7 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
I guess I missed the deadline, but if one day is all we are allowed to suggest fixes to a system that is approximately 100 years old it doesn't sound like a serious effort.

1. secondary exits(ADA compliant) at all the uptown stations. This was a big issue after 9/11 but people on the Manhattan side objected, as I recall, and it was dropped. I avoid the uptown line as often as I can, because of this - it is hard to believe

2. include an announcement as people board at every stop to take backpacks down and leave them between your legs.

As an aside, friends and I were discussing the phenomena of organizations that were 'above' the law, we all agreed on Exxon, Goldman Sachs and the PANYNJ.

Posted on: 2013/11/7 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I emailed Candace and you all should too. I have to say I'm surprised that so many people are mentioning WiFi and removing the ban on beverages....really? I'm not sure those should be prioritized over:

- Bypassing Hoboken ALWAYS

- Fixing signal system ASAP so the trains can go more than 2 mph. The trip from Newport to Christopher should take 3 mins, not 9.

- Trains every 20 mins max late night Friday and Saturday. Trains are PACKED more than rush hour after 1am

Posted on: 2013/11/7 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
I think everyone here is wasting their time unless they emailed Candice.

She clearly said to email her; I doubt she'll keep checking this thread.

Posted on: 2013/11/7 2:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/5 22:41
Group:
Registered Users
How about an APP with real-time sched? This has never been retored since Sandy. CooCoo and PATH Schedule inaccurate.

Posted on: 2013/11/7 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Prismatic wrote:
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
Hi Candace, it's great that the PATH management is soliciting your feedback! Hopefully, it'll go somewhere. I'm sure you are aware of these already as these are pretty self evident to most PATH riders :) thanks!

1. Increase in frequency of service on Sundays (the recent Saturday increase is great)
2. Train is already packed at Grove Station on weekday mornings, any way of running an empty train and opening it up at Grove?
3. Direct Manhattan-Jersey City train on weekends (no detour in Hoboken).
4. Wifi accessability?
5. Better ventilation- too stuffy and hot
6. Better enforcement of no eating/drinking or provide garbage bins in/around station.

Going to have to agree with Wifi accessability

Pavonia is WAYYYY to hot in the summer. Plus there's that stupid no-drinks ban. Bottled water at the very least needs to be permitted.

Clean up the stations. Any reason why Grove and Pavonia look like unwashed armpits compared to Exchange Place?

Plus have they complied yet with the Federal order on making all stations handicap accessible?

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011 ... dge_rules_grove_stre.html

Posted on: 2013/11/7 0:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
Expanding what blanquitta said... Run two trains to JC for every one to Hoboken in the evening from 33rd to Jersey. In other words, the Hoboken trains leave mostly empty, while the Journal Square train is always packed. I agree....it seems to be this way until fairly late.

Posted on: 2013/11/6 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/3/10 21:37
From The Heights.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:
Hi Candace, it's great that the PATH management is soliciting your feedback! Hopefully, it'll go somewhere. I'm sure you are aware of these already as these are pretty self evident to most PATH riders :) thanks!

1. Increase in frequency of service on Sundays (the recent Saturday increase is great)
2. Train is already packed at Grove Station on weekday mornings, any way of running an empty train and opening it up at Grove?
4. Wifi accessability?
6. Better enforcement of no eating/drinking or provide garbage bins in/around station.

Going to have to agree with Wifi accessability

Posted on: 2013/11/6 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/4 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asny10011 wrote:

To add to this, the JSQ train is packed by the time it gets to Christopher Street at night (even after 8pm) while Hoboken trains are almost empty. Can they extend the JSQ rush hour schedule in the evenings?

Posted on: 2013/11/6 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users

4. Wifi accessability?

Posted on: 2013/11/6 22:53

Need feedback today PATH train
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/13 14:11
Group:
Registered Users
Hi all -

Someone from the PATH advisory commitee has asked for feedback on the PATH train. They emailed me today and asked for feedback today...so the timing is tight. If you have any constructive feedback or requests, please email them to me. Both long term, medium term as well as quick wins are welcome. Apologies for the typos doing this from my phone between meetings.

Best,
Candice
Cosborne@jcnj.org

Posted on: 2013/11/6 22:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact