Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Re: Gay marriage advocates lobby to override Christie's veto
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
By Stacy Jones and Lisa Rose/The Star-Ledger

MAPLEWOOD ? Luigi Ficarra?s phone started ringing Friday.

After the state Supreme Court refused to block same-sex marriages, the Maplewood caterer began fielding calls from more than a dozen gay couples looking to plan weddings.

?The couples are planning to get married between Thanksgiving and Christmas because the families are around for the holidays,? said Ficarra of New World Catering.

When the state?s top court opened the door, even on an interim basis, to same-sex marriage, it set off what one economist describes as a three-year surge that could add as much as $94 million to the economy.

Read More

Posted on: 2013/10/20 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
This brief advertisement shows why people who hide their bigotry behind the guise of religion are on the wrong side of history.

And pretty soon will have no choice but to get with the program or steep in their own bitterness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ganRbr-WBiI

Posted on: 2013/10/20 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/10/19 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Congratulations to Rich and David for being the first NJ couple to get married this Monday at City Hall by Steve Fulop. Rich and David are among the nicest couples I know. Their life is a testimony in overcoming adversity through persistence and grace. They are very kind people who often share the bounty Mother Nature and hard work bring to their farm with friends and neighbors. Rest assured that they have been selective in choosing their cake maker.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Regarding the "slippery slope" argument: marriage between people of opposite sex is not leading to polygamy, so why is marriage between people of the same sex supposed to lead to this? Stability promotes monogamy regardless of sexual orientation. There is a simple reason actually why people are not to keen of polygamous arrangement: jealousy!

Regarding your "let's get the right and benefits" linked to civil union, and religion linked to marriage. Churches don't own the word marriage, plenty of people get married at city hall. The word marriage is the only recognized across cultures and countries, your proposal has been considered before and is impracticable.

Catholic churches will not be not forced to perform gay marriage ritual. Catholic hospitals that offer services and also benefit from State aid will not be able to discriminate against the people they take in, and they will still be able to decide if they want to provide abortion service or not. If they do, they have to offer it to everyone. There is nothing "gay" or "slippery" about this. I think you projected quite a bit incorrectly on my previous message.

Nonsense, and you know it. Why do the 'progressives' fight for at will abortion for 13 year olds without parental control because they fear the 'slippery slope' against abortion 'rights', but ignore the desires of those with religious beliefs from defending against the same 'slippery slope', such as those who support traditional marriage from refusing to host gay marriages, for example, at their catering halls? Having it both ways is intellectually dishonest, of course.

one fundamental difference is that your christian beliefs should have absolutely zero say in public policy. sure, if you or a private institution want to make decisions based on the church's policies, that's fine, but why should the public at large be influenced at all by some religious doctrine they weren't raised on and don't follow?

should we all follow zoroastrian principles because there are some zoroastrians in NJ?

In God We Trust
One Nation, Under God

None of the founding fathers were Zoroastrians AFAIK.
Freedom of religion means the freedom to practice religion.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Regarding the "slippery slope" argument: marriage between people of opposite sex is not leading to polygamy, so why is marriage between people of the same sex supposed to lead to this? Stability promotes monogamy regardless of sexual orientation. There is a simple reason actually why people are not to keen of polygamous arrangement: jealousy!

Regarding your "let's get the right and benefits" linked to civil union, and religion linked to marriage. Churches don't own the word marriage, plenty of people get married at city hall. The word marriage is the only recognized across cultures and countries, your proposal has been considered before and is impracticable.

Catholic churches will not be not forced to perform gay marriage ritual. Catholic hospitals that offer services and also benefit from State aid will not be able to discriminate against the people they take in, and they will still be able to decide if they want to provide abortion service or not. If they do, they have to offer it to everyone. There is nothing "gay" or "slippery" about this. I think you projected quite a bit incorrectly on my previous message.

Nonsense, and you know it. Why do the 'progressives' fight for at will abortion for 13 year olds without parental control because they fear the 'slippery slope' against abortion 'rights', but ignore the desires of those with religious beliefs from defending against the same 'slippery slope', such as those who support traditional marriage from refusing to host gay marriages, for example, at their catering halls? Having it both ways is intellectually dishonest, of course.

one fundamental difference is that your christian beliefs should have absolutely zero say in public policy. sure, if you or a private institution want to make decisions based on the church's policies, that's fine, but why should the public at large be influenced at all by some religious doctrine they weren't raised on and don't follow?

should we all follow zoroastrian principles because there are some zoroastrians in NJ?

Posted on: 2013/10/19 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
If you have concerns about this then you should certainly contact the state attorney's office that will be defending the state case in the January trial. As of now, the state Supremes, upon comparing the real harm inflicted to gay couples and the "abstract" (I guote) harm presented by the State have unanimously decided to let marriage move forward. If you can bring concrete harm evidence you may influence the case. Good luck.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:

Posted on: 2013/10/19 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/10/19 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
@monroe: no I am not saying biggot or homophobe. I am just saying unaware (or ignorant if you prefer). This forum is about reality check. Some people here are rehashing their high school stereotypes as in defending their social status there - sounds familiar? Well they are being called onto that with actual comparison points. They are also being called upon their hypocritical religious revolving cloath by the US Constitution. Hopefully they will end up realizing that people have similar expectations in life which translate into similar behavior, something a 4 years old would have no issue picking up. Well, that's what the supreme court here found out today. In the end there is no real rational to deny equal treatment to gay couples. If Yvonne wants to offer gratis religiously sanctionned weeding cakes to couples of her choosing she can, the moment she sells them she can not discriminate.

You made her point entirely. Do you think that the Catholic Church, for example, should be forced to perform gay marriages? Or a Catholic hospital perform abortions? Why are Islamic families banned from practicing their religion here, ie multiple spouse marriages? Will the pro gay marriage people support that, because now marriage is opened up from one man/one woman to men/men or women/women? What about their rights? Will we see a return to traditional LDS plural marriages?

My point has been to allow all to have civil unions for Federal and State realities, and marriages to be religious, regardless of sex, religion, and number of partners. Isn't that a win/win? It seems the gay lobby wants to enforce a 'make straight and gay 'marriage' equivalent, and shut the barn door behind us' issue. It's an intellectually dishonest argument.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 1:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
@monroe: no I am not saying biggot or homophobe. I am just saying unaware (or ignorant if you prefer). This forum is about reality check. Some people here are rehashing their high school stereotypes as in defending their social status there - sounds familiar? Well they are being called onto that with actual comparison points. They are also being called upon their hypocritical religious revolving cloath by the US Constitution. Hopefully they will end up realizing that people have similar expectations in life which translate into similar behavior, something a 4 years old would have no issue picking up. Well, that's what the supreme court here found out today. In the end there is no real rational to deny equal treatment to gay couples. If Yvonne wants to offer gratis religiously sanctionned weeding cakes to couples of her choosing she can, the moment she sells them she can not discriminate.

Posted on: 2013/10/19 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/2/6 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Gay wedding bells to chime in Jersey City at midnight Sunday

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

Most couples seeking to get married in New Jersey have to wait 72 hours after applying for a marriage license before they can wed.

But that rule doesn?t apply if you?ve already been married, so at least one Jersey City couple is taking advantage of that by remarrying in City Hall at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, with Mayor Steve Fulop officiating.

David Gibson and Rich Kiamco, who live on the city?s West Side, were married in New York on Sept. 30, 2011, and they plan to do it all again in the wee small hours of Monday morning.

READ MORE

Posted on: 2013/10/18 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
To Yvonne: you got to be kidding right? I know at least 2 couples were it was the issue for staying together or not, for getting married or not. How many gays couples do you really know? Are you still in that adolescent mindset of "guilty by association", trying to separate yourself by any cost of a caricature of gay people your learnt in high school? Please do entertain us more.

People who call people who support traditional, religious marriage are often called homophobes by the same people who call anyone who oppose Obama's politics as racists.

Which is a convenient, ignorant, and intellectually dishonest way to make a point.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Before I married my husband, we talked about our future children and who they might look like, I guess that is one conversation same sex couple will not have.

Being gay is not a choice. Being homophobic is.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
To Yvonne: you got to be kidding right? I know at least 2 couples were it was the issue for staying together or not, for getting married or not. How many gays couples do you really know? Are you still in that adolescent mindset of "guilty by association", trying to separate yourself by any cost of a caricature of gay people your learnt in high school? Please do entertain us more.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
No surprise that our closeted Senator elect and JC mayor are out in front of this-why they aren't out in public is the question.

Booker I don't know, but this is very very funny if you actually knew Mayor Fulop in any personal capacity whatsoever.

I guess you're saying that he's openly gay to those around him, but hasn't come out to the voting public??

No, but I'm sure the homophobes and bitter losers who ran against him will continue this rumor until they find a new person better than them to obsess over.

No better example of a closeted politician who later resigned was Fulop's apparent bff than McGreevey. It was an open secret that while mayor he cruised the GSP rest stops, and then his homosexuality ended up in a love affair scandal that forced him to resign. Voters should know these things in advance to make an educated choice on the candidate.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 21:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Before I married my husband, we talked about our future children and who they might look like, I guess that is one conversation same sex couple will not have.

This is amazing. Thank you.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
No surprise that our closeted Senator elect and JC mayor are out in front of this-why they aren't out in public is the question.

Booker I don't know, but this is very very funny if you actually knew Mayor Fulop in any personal capacity whatsoever.

I guess you're saying that he's openly gay to those around him, but hasn't come out to the voting public??

No, but I'm sure the homophobes and bitter losers who ran against him will continue this rumor until they find a new person better than them to obsess over.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
What a special moment...

Did you also discuss their potential sexuality?

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2013/10/18 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal

City Halls in Hoboken and Jersey City will open up tomorrow morning to accept applications for marriage licenses, thanks to today?s state Supreme Court ruling that allows same-sex marriages to begin Monday.

Jersey City will open its clerk's office from 9 a.m. to noon tomorrow, while Hoboken City Hall will open from 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. No application will be accepted after 12:45 p.m., according to city spokesman Juan Melli.

Melli said one gay couple has already applied for a marriage license from Hoboken today.

Jersey City's clerk's office is extending its hours until 6 p.m. today.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 20:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Like it or not, it begins this MONDAY. Don't walk away mad, accept and move on.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

BOOM! Kick to the ovaries of every postmenopausal or infertile woman who ever got married. Yvonne, you never cease to amaze.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Pathetic comment. Grow up and get over it.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I do not agree, government will be telling me how to practice my religion. Ten years from now plural marriages might be in fashion. I cannot call myself a practicing Catholic, then take the money from a same sex couple. I am endangering my beliefs and my immoral soul. I will not run away from my faith, besides there are evidence of harassment from past lawsuits. a Methodist organization was sued in Ocean Grove, NJ when they denied a lesbian couple the use of their pavilion for a same-sex civil union. The Methodist organization lost and the state of New Jersey revoked the tax exemption for the pavilion, which will cost them around $20,000 a year;
?Catholic Charities in Massachusetts refused to place children with same-sex couples as required by law. Catholic Charities was accused of discrimination and pulled out of the adoption business in 2006;
?San Francisco dropped its $3.5 million in social services contracts with the Salvation Army because it refused to recognize same-sex partnership;
?A Christian gynecologist in Vista, Calif., refused to give his patient in vitro fertilization treatment because she is in a lesbian relationship. The doctor said it violated his religious beliefs and referred his patient to his partner, but the women sued. One justice suggested the doctor take up a different business
The Hobby Lobby case will settle the practice of religion. This is the real reason the Pilgrims came to the New World, the right to practice their faith without government telling them what to believe. I shouldn't be hit with lawsuits in the USA for practicing my religion, this law will open up more lawsuits.

And what are you saying the problem is? The society is progressing whether or not you are for it or against it, and I have no sympathy for people who refuse to evolve.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne, straight couples who adopt children don't discuss who the kids will look like either. Hardly a game changer.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I want everyone the right to practice my religion

Fixed your post.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2013/10/18 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/10/18 17:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2013/10/18 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2013/10/18 16:20

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017